Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:42:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
projectshivom

Activity: 45
Merit: 1

A New Era in Genomics

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 01:47:55 PM

20% Gold 80% btc
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:56:07 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
For me, holding bitcoin is better and more profitable than holding gold. If you want big amount of profit, you should invest your money in bitcoin. Bitcoin can really help you to double your money.
Kokoy

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:04:39 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
I think statisticians know it because they maybe knowing what part of the total population of the people in every country or states are using bitcoin and holding it and also the number of population who still holds gold at this time. No one will surely know or guess when will be the time that bitcoin users will be same as the number of gold holders. But the only assurance is there are still numerous population of people who still uses gold and at the same time uses bitcoin accordingly.

Seaze007

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:34:59 PM

Holding bitcoin,  because bitcoin is the new promising currency in next year,  and we hope that it will be all legal to used in easy way.  Because bitxoin is life,  all is not complete without bitcoin.. 
janah

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:42:41 PM

I think ill go for holding gold because gold is immortal they have value anytime,anywhere or etc.
Gold will last long forever until the day you die the existence of gold in the whole world will not die unlike bitcoin we didnt know where or when will gone.
Bitcoin has limits why? Because if you have no internet connection you cant access your wallet while gold you can keep them in your bag,cabinet or in the land.
But when it comes to the price" right now" it will be bitcoin favor because gold cant increase price like bitcoin because the  market statistics/graph of bitcoin is increasing too much but gold is like the same price but we are talking about "holding" means its a long term investment like 5-10 years  so if you take risk you go to bitcoin but if you want a less risk you go to the gold.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:46:22 PM

gold: crap of the old generation. value because people know nothin else
btc: pioneer of new value transfer. worldwide experiment which hasnt failed. even if payed people call it dead every month.
       has enough followers to keep going for years...
nagiblem

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 03:08:32 PM

Actually it is hard to identify who amongst the investors are using gold nor bitcoin. Different investors has different preferences and of course investors will not divulge their investment to protect their privacy. But between the two holdings of bitcoin is better because the market value is really growing and more and more investors are showing interest in investing in bitcoin.

mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:01:32 PM

Holding BTC all the way, GOLD is the old fashioned.
BTC is the new gold.
Exactly i think people those who choose gold over it are not aware of bitcoin or not so aware of technology. People choosing for gold do that with the intention to use it as a long term store of wealth solution. Short term profits are not relevant for them. Bitcoin as it is, is only a speculative investment option. It's not that people shift from gold to Bitcoin.
Dark Sky

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:43:25 PM

Holding BTC all the way, GOLD is the old fashioned.
BTC is the new gold.
Exactly i think people those who choose gold over it are not aware of bitcoin or not so aware of technology. People choosing for gold do that with the intention to use it as a long term store of wealth solution. Short term profits are not relevant for them. Bitcoin as it is, is only a speculative investment option. It's not that people shift from gold to Bitcoin.
People should invest in bitcoin because bitcoin is the best forum to earn money and also invest in this forum, investment in bitcoin is make your life more beneficial, its depend on you as long hold your money in bitcoin it will get you good profit but if you invest on gold and you wait for profit it will risky because gold's price very slowly high and it will hold your money for very long time.

Boysen

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:48:02 PM

It is obvious that holding of bitcoin is more profitable than holding gold. Observe the market of the bitcoin in this year, you will find out that the price of the bitcoin increased 1000% + . Bitcoin investment is more profitable than gold investment.

cryptoindustries

Activity: 75

btc

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:38:00 PM

fiat is based on bitcoin so I expect that the traditional mindset of people is to get more gold because a strong country has more gold in their vault but now that bitcoin surpass the price of gold its drawing a lot of attention not only to the investors but also to the masses who only want to earn some money to provide something for their daily need so its for you to decide which market would deliver you higher returns in this case is obviously bitcoins so people are investing to it its the main stream now!..
cryptosy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

I think gold is a good hedge for historical reasons, but most people who own gold own it in an exchange-traded fund, which frankly isn't any better than bitcoin.
vanish9

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:20:08 PM

Gold has always been increasing, the same goes with bitcoin. but there are a lot of difference between both.
We all know that gold exists for more than thousands of years, bitcoin has been created only nine years ago, it tell us all the difference.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:37:12 AM

I think gold is a good hedge for historical reasons, but most people who own gold own it in an exchange-traded fund, which frankly isn't any better than bitcoin.
Maybe gold is the best when it comes to trading, but as for holding (as in Investment) I’m likely to go with Bitcoin, and my reason to  do that is because gold will bring to profit… whatever it makes will be very less, compared to what I will be making from Bitcoin. Bitcoin is very Volatile in price and it moves all the time, but gold is like something stagnant without making move.
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:45:22 AM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold has physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just numbers. One possibility for that to happen is we lose all our gold
now that things are develop on bitcoin! can we still say that holding gold is better than bitcoin or bitcoin will not beat gold ? well most people now are depending on bitcoin as a daily investment as we see the growth on price and earnings we are getting with bitcoin.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

ronics

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:55:02 AM

We all had their own decision or idea and until now the gold was smuggled out of the crown even though its price asa actually bought at stores the value of btc was up and went up more than gold its holders for me when we are up to wait if there is a similar user base and holders in gold . for me bitcoin is not really equal compared to gold , because gold has its physical value and represent all economics. bitcoin  is a number that is possible is all lost due to gold .in comparison to our income gold and bitcoin should be the same .I think gold is still worth while in the coming years.
Karie_Legend

Activity: 514

●●

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:16:10 AM

If you want to be afraid of falling prices you better hold gold than Bitcoin because Bitcoin has an unstable price. Wink
ImMrBrigthside

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

I think now is more profitable but less secure to hold BTC... but if crypto is the real future we have to expect the value of gold to minor compared to BTC.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:15:47 AM

if you are doing trading then according to me holding of BTC is best choice as compare to holding of gold because
price of BTC is very high as compare to gold and small change in BTC can give you big profit and big loss also but the possibility of getting profit is more because mostly price of BTC is increasing while gold price is low as compare to BTC while also price is not varying like BTC.
arichikato

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:26:23 AM

Gold are the mean of exchange for thousand of years. It hard to be replaced because some people think that gold are much more secured than bitcoin which is too risky.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: