Bitcoin Forum
August 01, 2024, 06:15:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it  (Read 199191 times)
AliBah

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 10:00:25 PM

About the minig class theory you can omit it, it is well documented:

https://github.com/bitcoinbook/bitcoinbook/blob/develop/ch12_mining.adoc

Block size is 1MB, Merkle trees, Block header etc... all is there.

Therefore, Alberto, it’s possible that the miner didn’t choose your transaction, even if it had a higher fee.

Yes I know that that depends of how often miners update their mining block template, also depends of miner Node policies to acept or not Full RBF as I said before that is outside of our control.

is it matter for keyhunt that public key is from which type of address ? address start with 1 or 3 or bc
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1120
Merit: 226

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 10:21:13 PM

Update:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306983.msg64379149#msg64379149

I ran another test, and it went through without prompting. Maybe we woke the sleeping giant?

I will show you this one:

https://mempool.space/tx/78f68c0423cd45bc8021eec406d55e4faccaf42ee25fdc0ecc4cb144ad13200f

If you look at the link it shows this:

albert0bsd

Activity: 901
Merit: 675

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 11:37:15 PM

Thoughts, comments, questions?

What if... someone inside Mara is aware of this challenge/addresses with weak privatekeys and had access to that private mempool?

Is hard to trust in this services.

So for all those users who said they've found the key this is the fire test to prove it.

WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 11:53:55 PM

What if... someone inside Mara is aware of this challenge/addresses with weak privatekeys and had access to that private mempool?

So for all those users who said they've found the key this is the fire test to prove it.

I would say that the silver lining is, they are a publicly traded company...not a side street vendor. Meaning they have shareholders/stockholders, traded on an exchange. Very public. They are on the NASDAQ. They aren't just a simple mining pool.

If that happened, the coincidence would be too huge, and would be an easy investigation.

Would a company like that want that investigation and open up everything, and go through the public scrutiny. And possibly lose millions in stock value?

I dunno, but I doubt it.

You may never get those specific BTCs back, but I bet you would be compensated, somehow, someway.

True, it's hard to trust anything these days, but IMO, this seems to be one of the best, secure, safest ways to transfer 66's funds, if not the best. (Unless you run your own pool mining outfit and can include it in your owned mined block Smiley )
Woz2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 2

View Profile
Today at 12:15:16 AM

It could happen with a rogue employee. Marathon is big enough there could be multiple people with access to this portal with one thinking they could outsmart everybody. I'd like to make a deal directly with a miner and have it documented on paper so there is proof. Still, its better than blindly trying to time the block before a bot gets it.

I would say that the silver lining is, they are a publicly traded company...not a side street vendor. Meaning they have shareholders/stockholders, traded on an exchange. Very public. They are on the NASDAQ. They aren't just a simple mining pool.

If that happened, the coincidence would be too huge, and would be an easy investigation.

Would a company like that want that investigation and open up everything, and go through the public scrutiny. And possibly lose millions in stock value?

I dunno, but I doubt it.

You may never get those specific BTCs back, but I bet you would be compensated, somehow, someway.

True, it's hard to trust anything these days, but IMO, this seems to be one of the best, secure, safest ways to transfer 66's funds, if not the best. (Unless you run your own pool mining outfit and can include it in your owned mined block Smiley )
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
Today at 12:58:18 AM

It could happen with a rogue employee. Marathon is big enough there could be multiple people with access to this portal with one thinking they could outsmart everybody. I'd like to make a deal directly with a miner and have it documented on paper so there is proof. Still, its better than blindly trying to time the block before a bot gets it.
If "if" was a fifth, the whole world wold be drunk lol.

You can do it however suits you. I've done some research and testing and I am telling people one way to do it. To each their own.

But I do not think you understand Mara.

Even if they did have this rogue employee, it would be easy to investigate and find out who, what, where, when, why.

Mara is worth 5.76 Billion dollars, are publicly traded, just bought $100 million in bitcoin, and mine and average of 7 bitcoin blocks a day.

You think they would risk public scrutiny, investigation, etc. over 6.6 BTC, over $429,000? When they are worth billions and have a lot at stake, in the public's eye?

I don't. If it did happen, I am pretty sure they would figure out who did what, and settle the matter, quietly and fair versus risking millions of dollars over 6.6 BTC.

And you crack me up. You would make an agreement with just a run of the mill mining pool/miner? Ok, so you have it in writing. Now let's say the same thing happens in your scenario. The person/miner who you have whatever in writing with, slides that info over to another miner. Same thing could happen there, but people who are miners in that pool won't care. Why would they? That miner you signed whatever with probably isn't under rules and regulations. Then it's just he said, she said.

But at least with slipstream, you have some comfort in knowing they are a legit, legal entity, publicly traded, have to answer to shareholders, officials, etc.

But again, everyone do what you think is best for you/what you can stomach.

People wanted a way to do this, and I have shown one option, a super great option IMO. That is all.
Woz2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 2

View Profile
Today at 01:44:20 AM

I said rogue employee, so he could care less what corporate thinks. He won't care if executives don't want the publicity.
I also said he thinks he will outsmart everyone, so he's going to think they won't be able to find out its him. Reality may be different but if he thinks he'll get away with it, he do it.
And I said its still better than just sending out a tx from a wallet hoping it gets confirmed before the bots get it - so I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying making an official agreement would still be better.
Don't need to be so defensive.

If "if" was a fifth, the whole world wold be drunk lol.

You can do it however suits you. I've done some research and testing and I am telling people one way to do it. To each their own.

But I do not think you understand Mara.

Even if they did have this rogue employee, it would be easy to investigate and find out who, what, where, when, why.

Mara is worth 5.76 Billion dollars, are publicly traded, just bought $100 million in bitcoin, and mine and average of 7 bitcoin blocks a day.

You think they would risk public scrutiny, investigation, etc. over 6.6 BTC, over $429,000? When they are worth billions and have a lot at stake, in the public's eye?

I don't. If it did happen, I am pretty sure they would figure out who did what, and settle the matter, quietly and fair versus risking millions of dollars over 6.6 BTC.

And you crack me up. You would make an agreement with just a run of the mill mining pool/miner? Ok, so you have it in writing. Now let's say the same thing happens in your scenario. The person/miner who you have whatever in writing with, slides that info over to another miner. Same thing could happen there, but people who are miners in that pool won't care. Why would they? That miner you signed whatever with probably isn't under rules and regulations. Then it's just he said, she said.

But at least with slipstream, you have some comfort in knowing they are a legit, legal entity, publicly traded, have to answer to shareholders, officials, etc.

But again, everyone do what you think is best for you/what you can stomach.

People wanted a way to do this, and I have shown one option, a super great option IMO. That is all.
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
Today at 02:22:51 AM

I'm just saying making an official agreement would still be better.

Defensive? lol. you must have me confused with someone who was born in the last 20 years.

But you could have the same "rogue" actor in your scenario as well, in which you would have little to zero recourse. So I wouldn't say it was better.
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283]
  Print  

Jump to: