Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 03:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it  (Read 204578 times)
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1148
Merit: 236

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 10:21:13 PM

Update:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306983.msg64379149#msg64379149

I ran another test, and it went through without prompting. Maybe we woke the sleeping giant?

I will show you this one:

https://mempool.space/tx/78f68c0423cd45bc8021eec406d55e4faccaf42ee25fdc0ecc4cb144ad13200f

If you look at the link it shows this:

albert0bsd

Activity: 925
Merit: 677

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 11:37:15 PM

Thoughts, comments, questions?

What if... someone inside Mara is aware of this challenge/addresses with weak privatekeys and had access to that private mempool?

Is hard to trust in this services.

So for all those users who said they've found the key this is the fire test to prove it.

WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
July 31, 2024, 11:53:55 PM

What if... someone inside Mara is aware of this challenge/addresses with weak privatekeys and had access to that private mempool?

So for all those users who said they've found the key this is the fire test to prove it.

I would say that the silver lining is, they are a publicly traded company...not a side street vendor. Meaning they have shareholders/stockholders, traded on an exchange. Very public. They are on the NASDAQ. They aren't just a simple mining pool.

If that happened, the coincidence would be too huge, and would be an easy investigation.

Would a company like that want that investigation and open up everything, and go through the public scrutiny. And possibly lose millions in stock value?

I dunno, but I doubt it.

You may never get those specific BTCs back, but I bet you would be compensated, somehow, someway.

True, it's hard to trust anything these days, but IMO, this seems to be one of the best, secure, safest ways to transfer 66's funds, if not the best. (Unless you run your own pool mining outfit and can include it in your owned mined block Smiley )
Woz2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 12:15:16 AM

It could happen with a rogue employee. Marathon is big enough there could be multiple people with access to this portal with one thinking they could outsmart everybody. I'd like to make a deal directly with a miner and have it documented on paper so there is proof. Still, its better than blindly trying to time the block before a bot gets it.

I would say that the silver lining is, they are a publicly traded company...not a side street vendor. Meaning they have shareholders/stockholders, traded on an exchange. Very public. They are on the NASDAQ. They aren't just a simple mining pool.

If that happened, the coincidence would be too huge, and would be an easy investigation.

Would a company like that want that investigation and open up everything, and go through the public scrutiny. And possibly lose millions in stock value?

I dunno, but I doubt it.

You may never get those specific BTCs back, but I bet you would be compensated, somehow, someway.

True, it's hard to trust anything these days, but IMO, this seems to be one of the best, secure, safest ways to transfer 66's funds, if not the best. (Unless you run your own pool mining outfit and can include it in your owned mined block Smiley )
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 12:58:18 AM

It could happen with a rogue employee. Marathon is big enough there could be multiple people with access to this portal with one thinking they could outsmart everybody. I'd like to make a deal directly with a miner and have it documented on paper so there is proof. Still, its better than blindly trying to time the block before a bot gets it.
If "if" was a fifth, the whole world wold be drunk lol.

You can do it however suits you. I've done some research and testing and I am telling people one way to do it. To each their own.

But I do not think you understand Mara.

Even if they did have this rogue employee, it would be easy to investigate and find out who, what, where, when, why.

Mara is worth 5.76 Billion dollars, are publicly traded, just bought $100 million in bitcoin, and mine and average of 7 bitcoin blocks a day.

You think they would risk public scrutiny, investigation, etc. over 6.6 BTC, over $429,000? When they are worth billions and have a lot at stake, in the public's eye?

I don't. If it did happen, I am pretty sure they would figure out who did what, and settle the matter, quietly and fair versus risking millions of dollars over 6.6 BTC.

And you crack me up. You would make an agreement with just a run of the mill mining pool/miner? Ok, so you have it in writing. Now let's say the same thing happens in your scenario. The person/miner who you have whatever in writing with, slides that info over to another miner. Same thing could happen there, but people who are miners in that pool won't care. Why would they? That miner you signed whatever with probably isn't under rules and regulations. Then it's just he said, she said.

But at least with slipstream, you have some comfort in knowing they are a legit, legal entity, publicly traded, have to answer to shareholders, officials, etc.

But again, everyone do what you think is best for you/what you can stomach.

People wanted a way to do this, and I have shown one option, a super great option IMO. That is all.
Woz2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 01:44:20 AM

I said rogue employee, so he could care less what corporate thinks. He won't care if executives don't want the publicity.
I also said he thinks he will outsmart everyone, so he's going to think they won't be able to find out its him. Reality may be different but if he thinks he'll get away with it, he do it.
And I said its still better than just sending out a tx from a wallet hoping it gets confirmed before the bots get it - so I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying making an official agreement would still be better.
Don't need to be so defensive.

If "if" was a fifth, the whole world wold be drunk lol.

You can do it however suits you. I've done some research and testing and I am telling people one way to do it. To each their own.

But I do not think you understand Mara.

Even if they did have this rogue employee, it would be easy to investigate and find out who, what, where, when, why.

Mara is worth 5.76 Billion dollars, are publicly traded, just bought $100 million in bitcoin, and mine and average of 7 bitcoin blocks a day.

You think they would risk public scrutiny, investigation, etc. over 6.6 BTC, over $429,000? When they are worth billions and have a lot at stake, in the public's eye?

I don't. If it did happen, I am pretty sure they would figure out who did what, and settle the matter, quietly and fair versus risking millions of dollars over 6.6 BTC.

And you crack me up. You would make an agreement with just a run of the mill mining pool/miner? Ok, so you have it in writing. Now let's say the same thing happens in your scenario. The person/miner who you have whatever in writing with, slides that info over to another miner. Same thing could happen there, but people who are miners in that pool won't care. Why would they? That miner you signed whatever with probably isn't under rules and regulations. Then it's just he said, she said.

But at least with slipstream, you have some comfort in knowing they are a legit, legal entity, publicly traded, have to answer to shareholders, officials, etc.

But again, everyone do what you think is best for you/what you can stomach.

People wanted a way to do this, and I have shown one option, a super great option IMO. That is all.
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 02:22:51 AM

I'm just saying making an official agreement would still be better.

Defensive? lol. you must have me confused with someone who was born in the last 20 years.

But you could have the same "rogue" actor in your scenario as well, in which you would have little to zero recourse. So I wouldn't say it was better.
OxSD

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 07:21:41 AM

Taking the fact that they(Mara) do not broadcast transactions from their memory pool to the network this option looks very promising. Even if we consider the Mara pool as a black box, you have proof that you sent your transaction to this box.
6. After you have submitted the transaction hex, you will receive a personalized link to view your transaction’s status
Well done WanderingPhilospher!
greenAlien

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 07:34:00 AM

Nice research and thanks for sharing it! @WanderingPhilosopher!
Akito S. M. Hosana

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 10:06:01 AM

Mother Mara !
nomachine

Activity: 402
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 10:46:05 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2024, 11:34:07 AM by nomachine

Could it be done this way?

Code:
from bitcoin import *

# Example inputs
txid = 'your_input_txid'  # Replace with your input transaction ID
vout = 0  # Replace with the correct output index
scriptPubKey = 'your_scriptPubKey'  # Replace with your scriptPubKey
amount = 0.01  # Replace with the amount in BTC from your input transaction
destination_address = 'your_destination_address'  # Replace with the recipient's Bitcoin address
privkey = 'your_private_key'  # Replace with your private key

# Fee calculation
fee_rate = 8  # sats/vByte
tx_size = 200  # estimated size in bytes
fee = (fee_rate * tx_size) / 1e8  # Convert fee from sats to BTC

# Create transaction inputs and outputs
inputs = [{'txid': txid, 'vout': vout, 'scriptPubKey': scriptPubKey, 'amount': amount}]
outputs = {destination_address: amount - fee}

# Create and sign the raw transaction
raw_tx = mktx(inputs, outputs)
signed_tx = sign(raw_tx, 0, privkey)

# Output the signed transaction hex
print(signed_tx)

If you don't send them an email, how long would it take?

Mother Mara !

Is my transaction guaranteed to get mined by Marathon?

No. Once accepted by Marathon, your transaction will compete with other Bitcoin transactions for inclusion into a block. You will receive a personalized link to view your transaction's status.

I don’t know yet if this is the ultimate solution. Someone needs to test it with 6.6 BTC. Where have all those who have WIF gone? Grin
WanderingPhilospher

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 04:04:02 PM

Could it be done this way?

Code:
from bitcoin import *

# Example inputs
txid = 'your_input_txid'  # Replace with your input transaction ID
vout = 0  # Replace with the correct output index
scriptPubKey = 'your_scriptPubKey'  # Replace with your scriptPubKey
amount = 0.01  # Replace with the amount in BTC from your input transaction
destination_address = 'your_destination_address'  # Replace with the recipient's Bitcoin address
privkey = 'your_private_key'  # Replace with your private key

# Fee calculation
fee_rate = 8  # sats/vByte
tx_size = 200  # estimated size in bytes
fee = (fee_rate * tx_size) / 1e8  # Convert fee from sats to BTC

# Create transaction inputs and outputs
inputs = [{'txid': txid, 'vout': vout, 'scriptPubKey': scriptPubKey, 'amount': amount}]
outputs = {destination_address: amount - fee}

# Create and sign the raw transaction
raw_tx = mktx(inputs, outputs)
signed_tx = sign(raw_tx, 0, privkey)

# Output the signed transaction hex
print(signed_tx)

If you don't send them an email, how long would it take?

Mother Mara !

No. Once accepted by Marathon, your transaction will compete with other Bitcoin transactions for inclusion into a block. You will receive a personalized link to view your transaction's status.

I don’t know yet if this is the ultimate solution. Someone needs to test it with 6.6 BTC. Where have all those who have WIF gone? Grin

I am sure you can create a tx from your script above, but you'd maybe want to include all of the input txid, to withdraw all of the money? I'm not an expert and I didn't want to leave it to chance, so that is why I used a wallet.

Why did you quote this:

The same is true for the entire network. If your fee isn't high enough, your tx could stay around forever and never get mined. That is all they are saying. That it's not a guarantee depending on the fee you chose and how many competing tx's are in their mempool. If you submitted the minimum fee and the minimum fee steadily rises over the next weeks, months, etc. then you would have to wait until the minimum fee is the same or lower than what you submitted, or increase the fee.
wilspen

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 08:43:44 PM

I don't see many options for someone to try to intercept a transaction even if it is with a weak private key, in any case, the biased employee would have to make the transfer in the same way, using the MARA pool, as there would be no time for him to look for another pool, because if he does it openly he will lose the BTCs, that is, the employee only has to lose, whatever he does, it will be discovered, because from the moment you send a transaction it would be exclusively their responsibility to keep your data safe.
lmajowka

View Profile
August 01, 2024, 10:22:37 PM

I don't see many options for someone to try to intercept a transaction even if it is with a weak private key, in any case, the biased employee would have to make the transfer in the same way, using the MARA pool, as there would be no time for him to look for another pool, because if he does it openly he will lose the BTCs, that is, the employee only has to lose, whatever he does, it will be discovered, because from the moment you send a transaction it would be exclusively their responsibility to keep your data safe.

When youtube starts monetizing me again, I will make another challenge trying this method, let's see what happens
wilspen

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 01:59:48 AM

When youtube starts monetizing me again, I will make another challenge trying this method, let's see what happens

Perfect, we are looking forward to another live test, remembering that if the transaction of puzzle 66 goes well and the winner comes here to the forum to inform us, it would be a mega positive marketing for MARAPOOL, the company that saved the puzzle from the BOTs.  Grin Grin
gygy

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 08:37:42 AM

Perfect, we are looking forward to another live test, remembering that if the transaction of puzzle 66 goes well and the winner comes here to the forum to inform us, it would be a mega positive marketing for MARAPOOL, the company that saved the puzzle from the BOTs.  Grin Grin

Is MARAPOOL a public pool? The problem is that you need to trust not just the employees of MARAPOOL but each member of the pool. The block template is broadcasted to them and the public key is clearly part of it.
nomachine

Activity: 402
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 10:13:36 AM

Is MARAPOOL a public pool? The problem is that you need to trust not just the employees of MARAPOOL but each member of the pool. The block template is broadcasted to them and the public key is clearly part of it.

And what other choice do we have?
You can go regularly and run into 100 bot games, which is an even worse risk, or find something else
similar to MARAPOOL, which is hard to find, and if it is found, nothing is ever 100% safe.
AliBah

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 04:44:32 PM

is it matter for keyhunt that public key is from which type of address ? address start with 1 or 3 or bc
albert0bsd

Activity: 925
Merit: 677

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 06:10:25 PM

is it matter for keyhunt that public key is from which type of address ? address start with 1 or 3 or bc

it doesn't matter at all. A public key is directly related to the Private key, regarless the type of address.
Akito S. M. Hosana

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 06:53:21 PM

Where have all those who have WIF gone? Grin

Obviously, no one has solved it yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 »
  Print  

Jump to: