Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another analyst :)  (Read 269513 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:28:21 AM

Someone would only cover if they truly believed the price would never come down to $13.00 in the next few months.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 01:34:10 AM

Someone would only cover if they truly believed the price would never come down to $13.00 in the next few months.

right, but some might ride this rally and then short again. who knows.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:41:19 AM

Seems like a pretty sure bet to me that the price will come down to $13.00 in the next few months.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:43:15 AM

Longer term price will go higher. Just right now IMHO with all the bullshit going on with major btc services and vendors (also recent fails with BTCST and GLBSE)....and the late availability of the newly anticipated ASIC hardware (BFL fail). I can see many getting tired of the tons of bullshit surrounding the bitcoin economy right now. People have bills to pay and costs to recoup on hardware expenses etc.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:44:59 AM

Bulls make money, bears get left behind. But pigs... Pigs just get slaughtered

Fixed that for you
Grin

/patting myself on the back

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
lebing
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:48:50 AM

Longer term price will go higher. Just right now IMHO with all the bullshit going on with major btc services and vendors (also recent fails with BTCST and GLBSE)....and the late availability of the newly anticipated ASIC hardware (BFL fail). I can see many getting tired of the tons of bullshit surrounding the bitcoin economy right now. People have bills to pay and costs to recoup on hardware expenses etc.

that was the last few months after the 15.50 dump. Post wordpress (to some degree block halving) is def the largest factor in the market right now

-E Voorhees
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 01:51:39 AM

that was the last few months after the 15.50 dump. Post wordpress (to some degree block halving) is def the largest factor in the market right now

Dont be too sure that the debacles of the past few months are "done" affecting the market. BFL is holding millions in customer funds for a product that does not exist...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

lebing
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:40:06 AM

Dont be too sure that the debacles of the past few months are "done" affecting the market. BFL is holding millions in customer funds for a product that does not exist...

Even if BFL takes all of their money (which is not going to happen anyway), I fail to see why that would be an issue for the price. People would lose the fiat/ coins that they put into it, but would just continue with the existing rigs.

-E Voorhees
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 03:51:44 AM

Even if BFL takes all of their money (which is not going to happen anyway), I fail to see why that would be an issue for the price. People would lose the fiat/ coins that they put into it, but would just continue with the existing rigs.

or if they get their money returned they then plow it directly into Bitcoin.  remember, these are bulls essentially.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:12:09 AM

or if they get their money returned they then plow it directly into Bitcoin.  remember, these are bulls essentially.

I'm curious how many paid in BTC. Now that is less BTC available on the market. That's just the other side of the coin. Recouping costs of $30k per mini rig is going to be #1 priority once people get their ASICS...i mean IF.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:25:40 AM

I'm curious how many paid in BTC. Now that is less BTC available on the market. That's just the other side of the coin. Recouping costs of $30k per mini rig is going to be #1 priority once people get their ASICS...i mean IF.

BY FAR most paid with cc.  Tom, i believe, said over 90-95% of his orders were with cc.  i know i paid with cc purposely so as to have a 60 d window with which to dispute in case of a problem.  i estimated over $2M orders for asic's had been placed that is locked up in preorders.  that's all bull money.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 04:34:11 AM

BY FAR most paid with cc.  Tom, i believe, said over 90-95% of his orders were with cc.  i know i paid with cc purposely so as to have a 60 d window with which to dispute in case of a problem.  i estimated over $2M orders for asic's had been placed that is locked up in preorders.  that's all bull money.

It is not all bull money.

It's all money "invested" hoping to turn a profit. No one cares which way the price goes....as long as they can profit from it.

It is all PROFIT-chasing money.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 05:27:03 AM

It's all money "invested" hoping to turn a profit. No one cares which way the price goes....as long as they can profit from it.

that's not true.  you and i are both miners, right?  if someone asked us if we would rather see the price of Bitcoin rise or fall while we were mining and irrespective of whether or not we are sellers of Bitcoin immediately upon being mined or are hoarders of Bitcoin after they are mined, what would our answers be?

we would/should say that we would rather see the price rise during the mining since that would guarantee us the "profits" you speak of.  a falling price would disrupt those profits.
lucif (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:03:43 AM

Hey lucif, did you cover yet?  Wink

On track Wink

I just leave it here.

lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:30:04 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 07:31:24 AM by lucif

holy shit
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:32:55 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 06:44:56 AM by smoothie

or if they get their money returned they then plow it directly into Bitcoin.  remember, these are bulls essentially.

BY FAR most paid with cc.  Tom, i believe, said over 90-95% of his orders were with cc.  i know i paid with cc purposely so as to have a 60 d window with which to dispute in case of a problem.  i estimated over $2M orders for asic's had been placed that is locked up in preorders.  that's all bull money.

that's not true.  you and i are both miners, right?  if someone asked us if we would rather see the price of Bitcoin rise or fall while we were mining and irrespective of whether or not we are sellers of Bitcoin immediately upon being mined or are hoarders of Bitcoin after they are mined, what would our answers be?

we would/should say that we would rather see the price rise during the mining since that would guarantee us the "profits" you speak of.  a falling price would disrupt those profits.

1. I stopped mining in October 2011.
2. Well...your point is moot given not everyone is a miner.
3. Some miners sell and buy back and trade too so there is another batch you left out.
4. Profit has different time frames. Some may sell now and some later. Who is to know exactly how much. I just foresee many miners who spent a ton of cash/bitcoins buying ASIC hardware selling their produced bitcoins for fiat to recoup costs, buy more hardware to have a bigger piece of the total network hash rate, or paying bills to run the rigs.

So perhaps we are both right. I shouldn't have said "it's all profit money"....ideally I believe this but some people invest in hardware or bitcoins directly to lose money right?...lol oh waitt....nevermind. hehehe

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:00:59 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 07:31:09 AM by lucif

holy shit
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:34:20 AM

I got a picture here that may break all my figures.

This is total holy shit.

Will wait some days to show it. sha256sum of png file is
ec49655328e018d19b2e0f4c1867668f7f9a5e7b2c37e7ef4bd96c4e5c78c555

1240 on track still though.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2012, 07:42:46 AM

let me guess...

Cheesy

lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:48:43 AM

You may quote my hash to ensure i will not edit it.

This is something huge.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: