Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:00:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like fly to rebrand to "Las Vegas" coin, and do a swap and add masternodes, POS would be 25%, Min stake time 1 day. Pow for 20,000 blocks, mining quark. Reward .5 "Las Vegas" per block.
Yes, all of the above as stated.
Yes, I approve all of the above, but POS to be 50%
Yes, I would like all of the above but NO POW, POS only.
Yes, I would like all of the above , but I would like 2 "Las Vegas coins" for 1 fly.
Yes, but I want 50% POS and 4 "Las Vegas" coins to for 1 fly coin.
Yes, but I want 4 "Las Vegas" coins for 1 fly coin. POS to be 25%.
NO, do nothing. Continue to just develop fly.

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FLY COIN ANN.Swapping to "Las Vegas"coin,+Masternodes,Darksend,Stealth, instantX  (Read 186119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:59:56 AM

Correct. We would update our core in order to add hodl. This would be very similar to the way Europe coin updated.

Please scroll to the top of the page and vote if you want HODL added.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Limx Dev
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:28:26 AM

u excluded the possibility of POS together with HODL before because of codebase ( pre 0.10 POS and post 0.10 HODL) mismatch

so u found a solution for this now?

We have. We thought originally because of our core it couldnt be done. We have now looked at it more and it CAN be done without any hassle to the users.

Vegas

Really? I am very surprised!

Christian

Bitcore BTX - a UTXO fork of Bitcoin - since 2017
___██ WebSite
██ Telegram
___██ Github
██ Github - Releases/ Wallets
___██ SBTX Pancakeswap
██ ChainzID Explorer
___██ UTXO fork
██ Coinmarketcap.com
Matros

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:54:53 AM

Vegas, look at bounty section

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526495.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1533740.0
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:41:14 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 03:03:28 PM by vegasguy

I appreciate it, but they will only pay with their coin for the bounty, and one of them, doesnt even have an exchange.

Guys a few reminders. Check you are on V2.3 of FLY. Also please scroll all the way to the top of the page and vote for HODL and future POSP rate.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:49:12 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 04:10:56 PM by vegasguy

u excluded the possibility of POS together with HODL before because of codebase ( pre 0.10 POS and post 0.10 HODL) mismatch

so u found a solution for this now?

We have. We thought originally because of our core it couldnt be done. We have now looked at it more and it CAN be done without any hassle to the users.

Vegas

Really? I am very surprised!

Christian

Ok guys, so I was told wrong information.  To add HODL WOULD require a coin swap. It would be 1:1. There are advantages to this. The first being we can upgrade our old core of V8.x to 11.2 of core. The second is it would allow many future upgrades , starting with HODL. The third which is VERY important to me is it would correct the horribly inaccurate money supply. We are far less than 200k. That I can tell you for a fact. The top person on the rich list was issued 8370 fly on September 16th 2015, and has never staked, and has never moved coins. Im sure there are more "lost" coins. So anyway, with this new information, Im going to reset the poll, because this now requires a coin swap which is a massive pain , and enormous cost to rebuild fly with a new core. Next month fly will be 1 year old!!! Thats middle aged for crypto. Fly will one day be a very old coin , like DMD Smiley Anyway, its not about what I want, its what YOU want.

If you have already voted, im sorry, I have to ask you to vote again. I reset all votes to 0 because a coin swap is a MAJOR change to the deal, and it could change your vote. Please vote, because if you DONT want a coin swap, and you dont vote, you might be forced to swap because others voted for it. Voting is anonymous. I dont know , who voted for what. 

Vegas

BanzaiBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Chipcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 04:15:25 PM

Ok guys, so I was told wrong information.  To add HODL WOULD require a coin swap. It would be 1:1. There are advantages to this. The first being we can upgrade our old core of V8.x to 11.2 of core. The second is it would allow many future upgrades , starting with HODL. The third which is VERY important to me is it would correct the horribly inaccurate money supply. We are far less than 200k. That I can tell you for a fact. The top person on the rich list was issued 8370 fly on September 16th 2015, and has never staked, and has never moved coins. Im sure there are more "lost" coins. So anyway, with this new information, Im going to reset the poll, because this now requires a coin swap which is a massive pain , and enormous cost to rebuild fly with a new core. Next month fly will be 1 year old!!! Thats middle aged for crypto. Fly will one day be a very old coin , like DMD Smiley Anyway, its not about what I want, its what YOU want.

Vegas

I'm not sure how you got the figure below 200K supply, but the explorer's total supply is calculated by ALL transactions in the chain, and not reliable on "moneysupply" in getinfo.. There is absolutely more then 200K in ciculation.. The fact people don't move their coins, has nothing to do with actual supply imo.. I'm willing to do a complete re-sync if you wish  Wink

But good news on the progress in plans Smiley This will also get rid of all the forks etc.. And the wallet.dat issues (If some still had those)
I will create a second explorer for FLY v2, and keep the old explorer online until the swap is completely finished   Smiley

Voted!
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:40:19 PM

k i voted for just no change, because i've no idea what the terms are for the long run with the other options, which lower returns short term.
that said, what are the team's outlook for the FLY max emission long term? a maximum # that will ever be? how long will we he holding HODLing? 25% forever for those who can afford to lock money away?
 personally i think a smaller money supply is desirable so less inflation should be a target, with interest rates anywhere in the 0.5 to maybe 5% (but 2% is better) so maybe hodl 1 year = 5-7%
i think the lower rates would help level the field between the large/small holders

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:00:14 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 06:12:33 PM by vegasguy

My hope is as many people speak up and post their wishes, so we can take fly in the direction that the community wants. It appears many want lower interest rates to keep prices stable, and I am all for that.

Should you vote for doing the 1:1 swap , the core will be updated to 11.2 and HODL will be added. If you choose to participate in HODL then we could structure it a few different ways.

First you would get your 10% regular POS.

Then we would make a vote on two HODL options. Each option will be 1-12 months, in 1 month increments.

1st option would be a bonus of 1% per month added to the 10% you will receive anyway. If you choose the 12th month it is 3% more for the last month. So you would compound at 25% for all 12 months if you locked at 12 months. If you locked at 6 months then it would be 10% + 6 months at 1% = 16% compounded for every month.

2nd option would be a bonus of 2% per month added to the 10% you will receive anyway. If you choose the 12th month it is 2% more for the last month. So you would compound at 35% for all 12 months if you locked at 12 months. If you locked at 6 months then it would be 10% + 6 months at 2% = 22% compounded for every month.

The changes would be coded by the same dev that already did these exact same changes in ERC V3 (Europe coin V3).  Seen here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=901605.0

These are just ideas. I encourage anyone to chime in with ideas. Are these numbers too high or too low? Please post feedback.

Vegas

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:03:02 PM

Vegas

I'm not sure how you got the figure below 200K supply, but the explorer's total supply is calculated by ALL transactions in the chain, and not reliable on "moneysupply" in getinfo.. There is absolutely more then 200K in ciculation.. The fact people don't move their coins, has nothing to do with actual supply imo.. I'm willing to do a complete re-sync if you wish  Wink

But good news on the progress in plans Smiley This will also get rid of all the forks etc.. And the wallet.dat issues (If some still had those)
I will create a second explorer for FLY v2, and keep the old explorer online until the swap is completely finished   Smiley

Voted!

Hi Banzai , there is also funds stuck in the long 64bit "L" addresses that cannot be accessed when we tried to create the antidump system. These funds cannot be accessed at all, yet they are counted in the money supply. If a swap were to be done, these would be left behind. There is also another 322 coins in an unrecoverable burn address. Richlist #95.

Vegas

midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 06:32:01 PM

I realize that most Altcoins are experimental and beta codebase, but they are also a stage for developers and possible platforms of the future.

Coin swaps and hard forks are not taken lightly by those with a serious view of where this technology is going.  To be considered as a legitimate value carrying currency, there should be serious considerations on the plan forward with long term goals that will not have major impacts on the blockchain or the users without a very large advantage for the risk and inconvenience.

The Bitcoin code base you are following has managed to make changes for years without hard forks until recently, and that has been in discussion and planning for what, the last 2 years?  This coin has made intrinsically motivated changes at least 5 times in less than a year.  That is not innovation, that is planning A.D.D.

Take the time and plan it right, and you may well be able to keep the vested individuals that this coin has help bring together.

But, as a business owner, you already know the dynamics of investors and clients, so I'm just preaching to the choir!  Smiley
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 06:43:32 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2016, 11:26:07 PM by vegasguy

I realize that most Altcoins are experimental and beta codebase, but they are also a stage for developers and possible platforms of the future.

Coin swaps and hard forks are not taken lightly by those with a serious view of where this technology is going.  To be considered as a legitimate value carrying currency, there should be serious considerations on the plan forward with long term goals that will not have major impacts on the blockchain or the users without a very large advantage for the risk and inconvenience.

The Bitcoin code base you are following has managed to make changes for years without hard forks until recently, and that has been in discussion and planning for what, the last 2 years?  This coin has made intrinsically motivated changes at least 5 times in less than a year.  That is not innovation, that is planning A.D.D.

Take the time and plan it right, and you may well be able to keep the vested individuals that this coin has help bring together.

But, as a business owner, you already know the dynamics of investors and clients, so I'm just preaching to the choir!  Smiley

Thank you for your input. I read every word. This is the reason why I want the users to be heard. I take major changes extremely serious. I am wiling to spend the enormous cost and time , if this is what the users want. It may not be.  Please make sure to also vote. If its not, then please propose some other ideas. As it stands our real world usage is wallet compiling. We have already launched that and are aggressively marketing that every day. We have work lined up already.  Next we will build a multipool. But I want to bring as much value to Fly as possible.  

Thank you again.

Vegas

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2016, 09:15:12 PM

i understand a new codebase like 0.11 or 0.12 can do HODL

but i know no POS coin of that new codebase

ur poll state POS + HODL

u sure u able to deliver?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:44:00 PM

Trying to figure out the changes that were made in the latest fork, want to catch the explorer up. Everyone deleted their repos and started over though??

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:24:04 PM

Hi Presstab, Kees left the team, and must have deleted his repo. The current version is on the OP and is V2.3 . We do not have any incremental changes only a full master, sorry.

Vegas

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:25:09 PM

i understand a new codebase like 0.11 or 0.12 can do HODL

but i know no POS coin of that new codebase

ur poll state POS + HODL

u sure u able to deliver?

That I will double check.

Vegas

Fallout4

Activity: 365
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:25:49 AM

I voted to leave things the way they are. I just dont see the benefit in swapping into a new coin just so we can use the hodl system.

Too risky imo, better to focus on improving services and the FLY multipool.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:36:28 AM

So is the minimum stake age still 7 days for FLY??

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:12:44 AM

Hi Presstab, Kees left the team, and must have deleted his repo. The current version is on the OP and is V2.3 . We do not have any incremental changes only a full master, sorry.

Vegas

When did Kee's leave the team?  Is he the one dumping?  I thought he was our lead dev still!

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:51:22 PM

So is the minimum stake age still 7 days for FLY??

Yes.

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:21:41 PM

I voted to leave things the way they are. I just dont see the benefit in swapping into a new coin just so we can use the hodl system.

Too risky imo, better to focus on improving services and the FLY multipool.

Well, Im not in favor of the swap or not. Im in favor of what the users want. I will say, I would like to see the POS % lowered a bit. There is a balance there, because if its too low, then the coin could become less attractive to new users. If the POS% is too high then thats more inflation, then people have so many coins, they just dump them to nothing. By lowering the POS rate, it rewards early adopters like yourself as you already have enjoyed the rewards of the higher rates. When the POS rates drop, the coin becomes more scarce, and the price becomes higher. So we should have a discussion also about what that percent should be.\

If you have not voted already, then please scroll to the top of the page and vote. This is a possible MAJOR change that affects fly. Also post your thoughts, I want to hear from as many people as possible. 

Vegas

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: