Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:26:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like fly to rebrand to "Las Vegas" coin, and do a swap and add masternodes, POS would be 25%, Min stake time 1 day. Pow for 20,000 blocks, mining quark. Reward .5 "Las Vegas" per block.
Yes, all of the above as stated.
Yes, I approve all of the above, but POS to be 50%
Yes, I would like all of the above but NO POW, POS only.
Yes, I would like all of the above , but I would like 2 "Las Vegas coins" for 1 fly.
Yes, but I want 50% POS and 4 "Las Vegas" coins to for 1 fly coin.
Yes, but I want 4 "Las Vegas" coins for 1 fly coin. POS to be 25%.
NO, do nothing. Continue to just develop fly.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FLY COIN ANN.Swapping to "Las Vegas"coin,+Masternodes,Darksend,Stealth, instantX  (Read 186119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
winmon

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:34:21 AM

Masternodes sounds like a good idea, and at 500 fly, it isn't beyond the reach of anyone wishing to set it up fairly economically; I say we give it a try.  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HiggsBosunBlues

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:34:55 AM

I dont mind the idea of masternodes, I do think that the 500 requirement is a little low though.
For masternodes, Id like to see them qualify at around 1% of the supply. They shouldn't be too easy to get your hands on, make them rare.
If the entire supply is filled with everyone running masternodes, it kind of defeats the purpose.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:15:01 AM

I know the ball is already rolling, but it is too bad that the poll had the option of voting for the feature we want through multi-selection or by a weighted order (ie. the more important features get more counts).
Or it may be a better option to start a new thread dedicated to discussing the possibilities of new features.
We are currently in a mess of possible features, and this is not the only forum I am reading or the only coin I am following, so I am forgetting where things are without going back and rereading 3 pages of posts.
Too bad this project does not have a website at your disposal to list out the options and more details to the specifics of the choices...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes (sarcasm... I think...)
There could be pretty graphs based on models and actual math to show the pro and cons of each choice and their effects on the growth in coin and value.
As Mattais noted, he has been asked to create a website. We all can agree, he does quality work!
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:17:54 AM

Concerning the options: More discussion is needed.
I like the idea of masternodes to secure the network.

Hope to be here more frequently. Still recovering from
the flu which had unexpected complications.
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 04:19:17 AM

I dont mind the idea of masternodes, I do think that the 500 requirement is a little low though.
For masternodes, Id like to see them qualify at around 1% of the supply. They shouldn't be too easy to get your hands on, make them rare.
If the entire supply is filled with everyone running masternodes, it kind of defeats the purpose.

I actually like the idea of masternodes being a higher priced. 1000FLY?? 2000FLY?? A higher requirement would cause more buy pressure.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
midnight_miner

Activity: 652
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 04:55:51 AM

I know the ball is already rolling, but it is too bad that the poll had the option of voting for the feature we want through multi-selection or by a weighted order (ie. the more important features get more counts).
Or it may be a better option to start a new thread dedicated to discussing the possibilities of new features.
We are currently in a mess of possible features, and this is not the only forum I am reading or the only coin I am following, so I am forgetting where things are without going back and rereading 3 pages of posts.
Too bad this project does not have a website at your disposal to list out the options and more details to the specifics of the choices...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes (sarcasm... I think...)
There could be pretty graphs based on models and actual math to show the pro and cons of each choice and their effects on the growth in coin and value.
As Mattais noted, he has been asked to create a website. We all can agree, he does quality work!

I r looking fwd to this! 

It would be a positive thing to have more positive and objective technical dialogue and input into the road map to plan(t) the next 12 months.
midnight_miner

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 05:12:13 AM

I actually like the idea of masternodes being a higher priced. 1000FLY?? 2000FLY?? A higher requirement would cause more buy pressure.

Vegas

The compensation will need to be proportional. 

A successful network of Masternodes requirements should prefer servers in datacentres with dedicated IP addresses, not home/business single-ended internet connections.

If your masternodes are popping off and on the network and changing addresses, this will cause more instability than without masternodes.

The bar (on requirements) should be set high enough to attract quality applications for masternodes.  In return, masternodes should attain equal or better returns than a regular PoS/PoSP node.  The masternodes shall (if the code is written correctly), maintain fair and even distribution of the staking payouts, and blockchain health.
winmon

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:12:17 PM

Thanks midnight for the good info.

I hope we don't get too "pricy" with the nodes.....  1000 max imho.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 12:56:51 PM

Masternodes in Fly

I love the idea for a masternodecoin. I am sure, this will push Flycoin to a high quality coin. The art is, to manage the masternodeserver and we have to change the core.

But if Flycoin-Team will decide to create masternodes, I am fully in!

Greetz
Steve
winmon

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 02:09:45 PM

Have I been living in the dark ages or what?

I never knew of the existence of a faucet for FLY coin, but there is one, part of bleutrade.

For those who are looking for faucets:    http://fly.bleufaucet.com/

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:08:53 PM

Vegas

A successful network of Masternodes requirements should prefer servers in datacentres with dedicated IP addresses, not home/business single-ended internet connections.

If your masternodes are popping off and on the network and changing addresses, this will cause more instability than without masternodes.

The bar (on requirements) should be set high enough to attract quality applications for masternodes.  In return, masternodes should attain equal or better returns than a regular PoS/PoSP node.  The masternodes shall (if the code is written correctly), maintain fair and even distribution of the staking payouts, and blockchain health.

Funny you should mention a data center would be best, as I own one , filled with the latest servers, and a private dedicated fiber optic network that can reach speeds past 1Gps upload and download, so that wont be a problem at all. Its looking more and more like this is the way to go. I think 1000 fly is the sweet spot for cost per masternode, unless you guys think it should be higher. Making the cost higher would bring more buy pressure, and make it more exclusive.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

Vegas

The bar (on requirements) should be set high enough to attract quality applications for masternodes.  In return, masternodes should attain equal or better returns than a regular PoS/PoSP node.  The masternodes shall (if the code is written correctly), maintain fair and even distribution of the staking payouts, and blockchain health.

Funny you should mention a data center would be best, as I own one , filled with the latest servers, and a private dedicated fiber optic network that can reach speeds past 1Gps upload and download, so that wont be a problem at all. Its looking more and more like this is the way to go. I think 1000 fly is the sweet spot for cost per masternode, unless you guys think it should be higher. Making the cost higher would bring more buy pressure, and make it more exclusive.

Vegas

Ok....the datacenter question is cleared now!  Grin

Vegas, you have prepared everything it seems. So, COMMUNITY

let vegas changing the core and switching to a masternode...the biggest advantage, the coin itself will be more safe against 51% attacks and so on, because newer core!!!

Steve
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:29:32 PM

Griffith is looking over our code to see if a swap is required for Masternodes. If a swap is not required, then I wont do it. I know users hate swaps, so I avoid them at all costs. But, I really think we need to do what it takes to get masternodes added, as it will cause heavy buy pressure. The next question becomes how much for each masternode? I do agree , that they should be rare, and people should stretch to acquire them. If the price per masternode is too low, then everyone has them, and there is no value. If its too high, people might not bother. Im considering 2000 fly per masternode. This should be a stretch, so people start buying. Im considering the reward structure similar to Dash, but this is not set in stone. Im open to suggestions.

Vegas

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:15:20 PM

Vegas

Vegas

But will also limit the number of MN's since there is only 200k FLY available - and not even all of that on the market!

metamorphin
Legendary

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 07:33:40 PM

Vegas

Vegas

But will also limit the number of MN's since there is only 200k FLY available - and not even all of that on the market!

The limitation is explained by the total amount itself.

200k fly has place for 100 masternodes by 2k per masternode...

I would like it a mn with 500 fly...so we could create 400 mn! but believe me...400 mn would not be the end...because, the total amount will increase with more staking and masternodes!!!!!!

Steve
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 10:13:09 PM

masternode with 1000 FLY required sounds good

just it is another methamorphosis with a total radical change....

leave it as it is now is maybe good too and focus on services and apps

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 10:17:33 PM

masternode with 1000 FLY required sounds good

just it is another methamorphosis with a total radical change....

leave it as it is now is maybe good too and focus on services and apps

Well, we still are promoting our services and have already completed our first android job. I think it would add even more value to fly to add masternodes.

Vegas

midnight_miner

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2016, 10:23:46 PM

Vegas

Vegas

The limitation is explained by the total amount itself.

200k fly has place for 100 masternodes by 2k per masternode...

I would like it a mn with 500 fly...so we could create 400 mn! but believe me...400 mn would not be the end...because, the total amount will increase with more staking and masternodes!!!!!!

Steve

The way I look at it, this is a low transaction coin (at the moment).  If the value in the coin is Hodling  Wink  long term, and the coin is moving to PoSP, then the more staking nodes, the lower the staking rewards.  So for a Masternode to be feasible (cost of running/maintaining a Masternode), you are looking at a 100:1 ratio between the number of Masternodes to staking wallets.  At the moment that would not attract or suppport too many Masternodes.  In the beginning of the Masternode roll out, I foresee 10 - 25 Masternodes being set up to compete for the split on the rewards of possible 200 staking wallets.  In about a month or 2, half of the masternodes will realize they would make more just staking in a regular wallet, and the number of Masternodes will drop to about 5-10 in about the 3rd month.

As the coin becomes more transaction based (assuming, that this will eventually happen), then we will see less of the total coin staking and the rise in the PoSP and then the network could support a 20:1 (-ish) ratio of masternodes to staking wallets.

I would recommend keeping the Masternode activation high enough (1-2K FLY) to ensure a solid commitment to maintaining a reliable
network of Masternodes, and enough wallets that will continue to grow the total coin base to help support a more transaction based network.  The coin will maintain or increase its value if people can use the coin to trade it for something of value, otherwise, unless it is backed by FIAT or other assets, the value of this coin will dissipate with time and people will lose interest.

My opinion... for what it is worth...
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 07:26:18 AM

the collateral amount secures the network also; an attacker might want to run many nodes, so this number is critical in more than one way.

i am running an incentivized node for vcash.  the focus is on speed and connectability, but dynamic ip addresses don't affect the vcash (multi-tier) network in a negative way, but you do need a very fast machine if you expect to compete with the 'elite'

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:55:54 PM

the collateral amount secures the network also; an attacker might want to run many nodes, so this number is critical in more than one way.

i am running an incentivized node for vcash.  the focus is on speed and connectability, but dynamic ip addresses don't affect the vcash (multi-tier) network in a negative way, but you do need a very fast machine if you expect to compete with the 'elite'

Same here - @Vegasguy - you may want to look into the Vcash code or minimally the Transfercoin code - both run sweet MN functions.

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: