Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 11:18:25 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] 5% Interest. No Staking Req. Term Deposits 10%. Solo Mining.  (Read 428224 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bRitzST9617

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:31:05 PM

I'm hoping something gets done about the TD list soon. I have over 170 and it's impossible to manage
them with no way to sort.

Yeah this needs to be done sooner rather than later imo.  My wallet is a damn mess in terms of term deposits and it's very frustrating that the list isn't sortable.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 07:02:52 PM

I'm hoping something gets done about the TD list soon. I have over 170 and it's impossible to manage

Yeah this needs to be done sooner rather than later imo.  My wallet is a damn mess in terms of term deposits and it's very frustrating that the list isn't sortable.

While on this topic it would also be nice to have more TD options like setting the target block maturation. I would also be nice
to display the maturation block and date in the TD confirmation dialogue.

Principal developer of cpuminer-opt, the optimized multi-algo CPU miner.
BTC donation address: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0
wand_reader

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 07:10:33 PM

When will the annual rate come to an end?I want to know.

bRitzST9617

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 08:03:35 PM

The ~5% APR standard rate will not come to an end.  This is a fixed inflation.

The bonus interest rate, however, will decrease to nothing at roughly 2 years after launch. 
bRitzST9617

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 08:25:52 PM

Yeah this needs to be done sooner rather than later imo.  My wallet is a damn mess in terms of term deposits and it's very frustrating that the list isn't sortable.

While on this topic it would also be nice to have more TD options like setting the target block maturation. I would also be nice

What would be the benefit of being able to set the target maturation block? You can already set the deposit duration in number of blocks.  Same question for displaying the maturation block and date..the confirmation dialogue already shows how many blocks and roughly how many days the deposit is for.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 08:42:17 PM

What would be the benefit of being able to set the target maturation block? You can already set the deposit duration in number of blocks.  Same question for displaying the maturation block and date..the confirmation dialogue already shows how many blocks and roughly how many days the deposit is for.

It requires extra math that users shouldn't be burdoned with. Why should I have to pull out a callendar to figure out how many
days until my target date when the wallet can do it so easilly? Same with blocks, the math may be simpler but still unnecessary.

bRitzST9617

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 09:04:47 PM

It requires extra math that users shouldn't be burdoned with. Why should I have to pull out a callendar to figure out how many
days until my target date when the wallet can do it so easilly? Same with blocks, the math may be simpler but still unnecessary.

I personally decide the amount and duration of my term deposits using the interest calculator @ http://hodlcoin.github.io/ and a calendar before I do anything in my wallet so I guess I don't see the purpose of those features for myself, but I'm sure it would make things easier for others who use just the wallet.
parvalue

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:57:52 AM

The bonus interest rate, however, will decrease to nothing at roughly 2 years after launch. 

Within 2 years,there is a lot of dumping pressure.

bRitzST9617

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:18:22 AM

Within 2 years,there is a lot of dumping pressure.

That's exactly why the bonus interest is there for 2 years and slowly tapers away.  It gives the user a reason to HOdl on to their coin rather than dumping it.
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 05:39:00 PM

OK, basic website is in place now.

http://hodlcoin.com

Could be better, I know. Any Wordpress wizards who want to help out, get in touch with me!

HODLCoin ANN - 5% Interest. No Staking Req. Term Deposits 10%. Solo Mining.http://hodlcoin.com/
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:08:17 PM

Could be better, I know. Any Wordpress wizards who want to help out, get in touch with me!

First impression is an error trying to play a video because I have javascript disabled. I may be in the minority
but I don't like enabling Javascript without a good reason and I hate videos on the front page. Javascript should be
limited to things like the interest rate calculator.

The content looks fine for a start. You could add content from this thread's OP, like the interest rate chart. You could
also add links to third parties such as  miner SW, pools, HOdl charts, exchanges etc.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to a new wallet with better TD management. As the number of my TDs
grows this is becoming more and more annoying.

adamvp

Activity: 602

ALGORY.io Crowdsale starts on 8/12/2017

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:30:17 PM

Downloads section looks poooor...
May you fix it  at least in this way:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f65xww305
?

▀███████████████▄▄
              █████████████████
               █████████████████
                █████████████████
                 █████████████████
                  █████████████████
        ▄▄▄▄       █████████████████
    ▄██████████▄    █████████████████
   ██████████████    █████████████████
  ████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████    █████████████████
 ██████████████████     █████████████████
 ██████████████████      █████████████████
  ████████████████        █████████████████
   ██████████████          █████████████████
    ▀██████████▀            ▀████████████████▄
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
ALGORY  Multifunctional Tool for Cryptocurrency Trading 
Join Whitelist and Get 20% Bonus┃CROWDSALE ON DEC. 8
           ░████████████▒
       ░████████████████████░
     ░████████████████████████▒
   ░████████████████████████████░
  ░██████████████████   █████████▒
 ░███████████████      ▒██████████░
 █████████████         ████████████
░██████████            ████████████░
░██████                ████████████▒
░█████████████▒▒      ▒████████████▒
 ████████████████     █████████████░
 ▒████████████████    ████████████▒
  ▒████████████████▒  ████████████
   ░█████████████████ ██████████▒
     ██████████████████████████░
       ▒█████████████████████
          ░██████████████▒
USScrypto

Activity: 448

“Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain”

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:09:14 PM

Now that the website is online should we apply for listing Hodl on other exchanges as well and which ones?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
BigBoom3599

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:32:43 PM

Now that the website is online should we apply for listing Hodl on other exchanges as well and which ones?
I think Poloniex would be the best, it's a big exchange with a lot of volume. So I think that would attract a lot of traders, and just generate more interest in HOdlcoin.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1526

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:46:20 PM

This coin should have a better success. As time is passing by i have more and more doubts.
6 month and still there is no site? No access to some serious exchange?
This two things should be priorities, not some 5% gain in miner...

6 months is lot of time in crypto world. Looks like this coin will not have a success as DEV previous projects.Pity.

Patience my friend.
Its on the Way.

We also won the rex vote but they never add hodl over there.
So just keep hodling and buy some moar cheap nuts.

We won the vote but they never added us? WTF?! yet they add scam coin after scam coin.. I guess they thought there wasn't enough profit to be had listing this one... shame.

So whats the point of voting if they don't honor the vote outcome?
bRitzST9617

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:04:46 PM

This coin should have a better success. As time is passing by i have more and more doubts.
6 month and still there is no site? No access to some serious exchange?
This two things should be priorities, not some 5% gain in miner...

6 months is lot of time in crypto world. Looks like this coin will not have a success as DEV previous projects.Pity.

Patience my friend.
Its on the Way.

We also won the rex vote but they never add hodl over there.
So just keep hodling and buy some moar cheap nuts.

We won the vote but they never added us? WTF?! yet they add scam coin after scam coin.. I guess they thought there wasn't enough profit to be had listing this one... shame.

So whats the point of voting if they don't honor the vote outcome?

In Bill's defense he stated beforehand that winning wouldn't guarantee that the coin be listed.  I think it was more to test if voting via slack would be a viable option to determine which new coins have the most interest.  Regardless of all that, we did win the vote and had really good community turnout for the vote so it doesn't make a whole lotta sense that HOdlcoin never got listed.  I think Bill is going to have to see HOdl on a different major exchange before he takes us seriously unfortunately.
djoser

Activity: 66

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:10:58 PM

Hello everyone!

I see another problem with major exchanges and that is the current available supply of hodl for trading.
If i'm right then there are only 35% of all mined coins available for trading, 65% are locked in TD.

Major exchanges expect major trading volumes which hodl just can't deliver because the lack of coins.

So good luck finding an exchange which will list hodlcoin!

And furthermore about March 2017 there will be a huge amount of coins from TDs and almost everyone will try to sell.
This will drop the price to almost zero.

Regards, djoser.

Why mine when you can research? - GRIDCOIN - REAL crypto without wasting hashes! www.gridcoin.us
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:52:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I see another problem with major exchanges and that is the current available supply of hodl for trading.
If i'm right then there are only 35% of all mined coins available for trading, 65% are locked in TD.

Major exchanges expect major trading volumes which hodl just can't deliver because the lack of coins.

And furthermore about March 2017 there will be a huge amount of coins from TDs and almost everyone will try to sell.

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

Since Cryptsy, most people have decided to keep 90% of their net crypto portfolios in their own wallets anyway.

I would be certain, most exchanges have same inventory issues, which is why they've set up faster deposit and withdrawal speeds.

Poloniex has been highly selective for 12 months.

bRitzST9617

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:34:46 PM

Hello everyone!

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

Since Cryptsy, most people have decided to keep 90% of their net crypto portfolios in their own wallets anyway.

I would be certain, most exchanges have same inventory issues, which is why they've set up faster deposit and withdrawal speeds.

To touch on the "huge amount of coins from TDs", this is simply not an issue either.  There is not a single point in time where all of the term deposits are unlocked..they are all staggered and are continuing to be made.  If you use the resources such as Fuzzbawls block explorer and the charts provided on that site, you can see that there is no huge spike in coin supply like a lot of people have expressed concern about.  You will see a pretty modest curve.  And if you examine the way the bonus interest is set to taper away, you'll find that there is still significant incentive to re-HOdl those funds that have been unlocked by March of 2017.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:14:29 PM

Hello everyone!

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

To touch on the "huge amount of coins from TDs", this is simply not an issue either.  There is not a single point in time where all of the term deposits are unlocked..they are all staggered and are continuing to be made.  If you use the resources such as Fuzzbawls block explorer and the charts provided on that site, you can see that there is no huge spike in coin supply like a lot of people have expressed concern about.  You will see a pretty modest curve.  And if you examine the way the bonus interest is set to taper away, you'll find that there is still significant incentive to re-HOdl those funds that have been unlocked by March of 2017.

That's all speculation and spin. Limited tradeable supply will limit trade volume and increase price volatility.
There is no doubt that more supply would make it easier to get listed on bigger exchanges because they make money
only on volume, the more the better.

What actually happens when some of those big candles mature is unknown at this time. If they are not reinvested
the extra supply available for trade will put pressure on the price.

I'd believe a weather forecast one year out before any forecast on the value of any crypto, particularly one with new features
that will fundamentally change the existing crypto economic model.

And who knows what other innovations are coming? In a year there may be crypto bonds offered by third parties so you can
get interest on your BTC or other coins. Who knows? Certainly not me.

Since the concept of interest and locked up funds is new for crypto there is no history from which to extrapolate.
It's all just a gamble.

Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.