Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:11:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
liquidfunds

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:18:50 AM

Getting hodl on polo and bittrex might help too. Many people will just not trade on yobit
Agree,no big exchange,no pump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GermanSailor

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:22:57 AM

We need a high performance GPU miner.

No, we do not need a GPU miner. The nice Hodl was that could mines at the beginning really EVERYONE without exorbitantly expensive hardware.
CPU mining is good. To modify the algorithm so that much RAM is rewarded would be perfect.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:10:39 AM

We need a high performance GPU miner.

No, we do not need a GPU miner. The nice Hodl was that could mines at the beginning really EVERYONE without exorbitantly expensive hardware.
CPU mining is good. To modify the algorithm so that much RAM is rewarded would be perfect.

That's an interesting idea - an increase to 2GB or 4GB would be quite an easy change to make to the PoW - it might make botnet mining tougher.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
GermanSailor

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:15:41 AM

I think minimum 4GB to achieve in an effective.

FreeTrade, Thank you for your great work.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:34:37 AM

Lol guys..

Yeah, block all public pools so only private pools will be available.

Pools,  public or private,  cannot be blocked. Wherever are miners,  are pools,  pools are not the problem,  you earn more coins by hodling and staking than mining

Spreadcoin had an interesting innovation related to preventing pools -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.0

I think what we observed when the first pools came online was that we saw a large increase in the hashrate, but without an increase in users or activity. We provided a bounty for the first pool because it was such a heavily requested feature, but it may have been a mistake . . . maybe we would do better if we make pooling impossible a la Spreadcoin.

Anyway I think we have a few credible options following some good suggestions -

1. Reduce block reward
2. Increase memory required
3. Try to block pools

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 11:44:06 AM

Lol guys..

Pools,  public or private,  cannot be blocked. Wherever are miners,  are pools,  pools are not the problem,  you earn more coins by hodling and staking than mining

I think what we observed when the first pools came online was that we saw a large increase in the hashrate, but without an increase in users or activity. We provided a bounty for the first pool because it was such a heavily requested feature, but it may have been a mistake . . . maybe we would do better if we make pooling impossible a la Spreadcoin.

1. Reduce block reward
3. Try to block pools

Spreads try to block pools did not work :

https://spr.suprnova.cc

Blocking pools in general just make coins more interesting to botnet owners as they can easily build own pools and then focus all the bots there. So one person gets a lot while the others fight to find a block

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 11:54:19 AM

Lol guys..

1. Reduce block reward
3. Try to block pools

Yet more "solutions" for an undefined problem. What problem is trying to be solved and how do these proposals solve it?

The only effect I see in reducing the block reward is a marginal decrease in supply growth over the next year. There is no case
to demonstrate that the current block reward is causing problems and, even it it is, how will reducing the contribution from
mining make a difference when the large majority of new supply will come from  maturing TDs?

And you mentioned the botnet bogeyman again. What evidence is there of a HOdl botnet?

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:54:03 PM

It might be too late. The mistake was the ridiculously high interest rates to begin with. They should have been an order of magnitude smaller to begin with and slowly converge to the long term levels predicted by the current system

Interest and TDs on blockchain was a good idea but the actual rates made the current situation easy to see in retrospect.

Now its just a matter of who gets to cash out first.

Pity

Not if someone comes up with another original idea . . . Success is never easy . . . I am sure that a cooperative effort to seek a solution can yield a positive outcome . . . too soon to give up is isn't it?
yes. and we should all sell you our coins. yawn

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
wisebc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:28:02 PM

I'm listening carefully, but what I'm hearing is that HOdlers want the block reward reduced -

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

If you HOdlers feel so strongly - you'll need to show it on Nutocracy, or I remain skeptical that your views represent HOdlers rather than miners.

You're basing your entire project on 11 "reduce" votes when 25% of the Hodlers on here can't figure out how to vote and at least another 25% (including what appear to be some of the most knowledgeable and respected users) are concerned enough with the security of Nutocracy voting that they are straight out saying that they are not voting.  In the words of Nutoshi Sakamoto, "This is NUTS!"

DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2016, 03:58:55 PM

I'm listening carefully, but what I'm hearing is that HOdlers want the block reward reduced -

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

If you HOdlers feel so strongly - you'll need to show it on Nutocracy, or I remain skeptical that your views represent HOdlers rather than miners.

You're basing your entire project on 11 "reduce" votes when 25% of the Hodlers on here can't figure out how to vote and at least another 25% (including what appear to be some of the most knowledgeable and respected users) are concerned enough with the security of Nutocracy voting that they are straight out saying that they are not voting.  In the words of Nutoshi Sakamoto, "This is NUTS!"

Agreed with you. All i can say that if devs change anything( block reward or POS reward) this coin will die. Trust me i am long in this crypto world
and seen many coins died cause changing rules after coin launch.

And yes i didnt vote cause security issue !

GermanSailor

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:28:29 PM

I also agree.
The voting ist bad.
If Dev Change The Rules -> the Coin will die.
if Dev give safety and a strong statement pro unchanged Rules -> the Coin will turn around.
Worthy is trust. Its a little bit like eth. No stable rules -> no trust -> no worth.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 05:03:56 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 06:49:29 PM by joblo

Here's an idea that doesn't require changing anything previously cast in stone, allow TD trading.
All that is required is the ability to transact locked in funds. TDs could be traded just like bonds
or commodity futures.

Of course that would have to wait until the TD user interface is significantly improved.

Unfortunately it seems HOdl coin development is stagnant and some people are looking for a magic pill
to make them feel better about the less than impressive price performance.

HOdl needs to develop and grow and I don't see that happening.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:19:01 AM

This motion has now reached the 5 million HODL threshold, and 'HODL' has more votes than 'Do Not HODL' -

We HOdl that the block reward should be reduced

However this seems to be a statement of position, intent or recommendation. As it doesn't contain specifics - it is not actionable . . reducing the block reward to 49.999 HODL or to .001 HODL would both be in keeping with the motion, so for now, I don't think it endorses any specific change.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 12:26:56 PM

This motion has now reached the 5 million HODL threshold, and 'HODL' has more votes than 'Do Not HODL' -

We HOdl that the block reward should be reduced

However this seems to be a statement of position, intent or recommendation. As it doesn't contain specifics - it is not actionable . . reducing the block reward to 49.999 HODL or to .001 HODL would both be in keeping with the motion, so for now, I don't think it endorses any specific change.

I didn't want to make this personal but the root of the problem with HOdl is becoming quite clear. It is lack of leadership.
Where is the experience and "technical chops" you claim to have in your OP? Since inception HOdl development has
stagnated and you are abdicating all responsibility by letting nutocracy rule.

You have failed to add any value to the debate over the proposed block reward reduction or even encouraged debate by
challenging the supporters to justify their position. Instead you have given up all control to a small group of large HOdlers
who are panicking because they don't understand how the coin works.

It's your job to educate them.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:15:24 PM

Spreads try to block pools did not work :

https://spr.suprnova.cc

Blocking pools in general just make coins more interesting to botnet owners as they can easily build own pools and then focus all the bots there. So one person gets a lot while the others fight to find a block

Thanks OC, can you explain a bit more about why spread's method failed? My understanding was that it used some signing method that ensured that block reward was going to the hasher and so the pool operator couldn't trust poolers not to betray and keep the reward. How did you get around it?

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:18:42 PM

Agreed with you. All i can say that if devs change anything( block reward or POS reward) this coin will die. Trust me i am long in this crypto world

I think there is a theoretical security issue - and one you've exposed yourself if you've ever re-used a crypto address. I think the greater risk is not having your say when the issues being discussed and voted on are critical to the resurrection/survival of the coin.

in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:45:22 PM

I think there is a theoretical security issue - and one you've exposed yourself if you've ever re-used a crypto address. I think the greater risk is not having your say when the issues being discussed and voted on are critical to the resurrection/survival of the coin.

Yes, but are you not signing it with an address that has HOdl? The whole issue revolves around the fact that you are signing with a key that has HOdl in it because in Nutocracy votes are weighted by the value of the address. If you are HOdling the HOdl in that address, then the coin will continue to remain exposed to a theoretical security issue for the time remaining before it can be moved.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 01:55:35 PM

You're basing your entire project on 11 "reduce" votes when 25% of the Hodlers on here can't figure out how to vote and at least another 25% (including what appear to be some of the most knowledgeable and respected users) are concerned enough with the security of Nutocracy voting that they are straight out saying that they are not voting.  In the words of Nutoshi Sakamoto, "This is NUTS!"

Yes, but are you not signing it with an address that has HOdl? The whole issue revolves around the fact that you are signing with a key that has HOdl in it because in Nutocracy votes are weighted by the value of the address. If you are HOdling the HOdl in that address, then the coin will continue to remain exposed to a theoretical security issue for the time remaining before it can be moved.
The problem with signing is that it reveals your public keys, which isn't a problem at all. The only way that it would be a problem is if elliptic curve crypto would be broken, if that is the case you will have bigger problems than you HOdls.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 02:10:35 PM

The problem with signing is that it reveals your public keys, which isn't a problem at all. The only way that it would be a problem is if elliptic curve crypto would be broken, if that is the case you will have bigger problems than you HOdls.

Yes, we've included the warning that came with Bitcoinocracy for full disclosure, but I think it's a neglible risk for now. If the coin and Nutocracy gains traction, we could invest time in looking at ways to make it safer. For now we could remove the public signatures from the Nutocracy site, that would make it safer, but then it couldn't be audited and you'd need to trust Nutocracy.

in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 06:48:28 PM

I am not an expert on HOdl, but I am pretty sure that it does not use elliptical curve cryptography.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: