Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 11:30:17 PM

Downloads section looks poooor...
May you fix it  at least in this way:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0f65xww305
?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 12:09:14 PM

OK, basic website is in place now.

http://hodlcoin.com

Could be better, I know. Any Wordpress wizards who want to help out, get in touch with me!

Now that the website is online should we apply for listing Hodl on other exchanges as well and which ones?
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:32:43 PM

OK, basic website is in place now.

Could be better, I know. Any Wordpress wizards who want to help out, get in touch with me!

Now that the website is online should we apply for listing Hodl on other exchanges as well and which ones?
I think Poloniex would be the best, it's a big exchange with a lot of volume. So I think that would attract a lot of traders, and just generate more interest in HOdlcoin.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 01:46:20 PM

This coin should have a better success. As time is passing by i have more and more doubts.
6 month and still there is no site? No access to some serious exchange?
This two things should be priorities, not some 5% gain in miner...

6 months is lot of time in crypto world. Looks like this coin will not have a success as DEV previous projects.Pity.

Patience my friend.
Its on the Way.

We also won the rex vote but they never add hodl over there.
So just keep hodling and buy some moar cheap nuts.

We won the vote but they never added us? WTF?! yet they add scam coin after scam coin.. I guess they thought there wasn't enough profit to be had listing this one... shame.

So whats the point of voting if they don't honor the vote outcome?
bRitzST9617

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 03:04:46 PM

This coin should have a better success. As time is passing by i have more and more doubts.
6 month and still there is no site? No access to some serious exchange?
This two things should be priorities, not some 5% gain in miner...

6 months is lot of time in crypto world. Looks like this coin will not have a success as DEV previous projects.Pity.

Patience my friend.
Its on the Way.

We also won the rex vote but they never add hodl over there.
So just keep hodling and buy some moar cheap nuts.

We won the vote but they never added us? WTF?! yet they add scam coin after scam coin.. I guess they thought there wasn't enough profit to be had listing this one... shame.

So whats the point of voting if they don't honor the vote outcome?

In Bill's defense he stated beforehand that winning wouldn't guarantee that the coin be listed.  I think it was more to test if voting via slack would be a viable option to determine which new coins have the most interest.  Regardless of all that, we did win the vote and had really good community turnout for the vote so it doesn't make a whole lotta sense that HOdlcoin never got listed.  I think Bill is going to have to see HOdl on a different major exchange before he takes us seriously unfortunately.
djoser

Activity: 122
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:10:58 PM

Hello everyone!

I see another problem with major exchanges and that is the current available supply of hodl for trading.
If i'm right then there are only 35% of all mined coins available for trading, 65% are locked in TD.

Major exchanges expect major trading volumes which hodl just can't deliver because the lack of coins.

So good luck finding an exchange which will list hodlcoin!

And furthermore about March 2017 there will be a huge amount of coins from TDs and almost everyone will try to sell.
This will drop the price to almost zero.

Regards, djoser.

Why mine when you can research? - GRIDCOIN - REAL cryptocurrency without wasting hashes! https://gridcoin.us
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 05:52:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I see another problem with major exchanges and that is the current available supply of hodl for trading.
If i'm right then there are only 35% of all mined coins available for trading, 65% are locked in TD.

Major exchanges expect major trading volumes which hodl just can't deliver because the lack of coins.

And furthermore about March 2017 there will be a huge amount of coins from TDs and almost everyone will try to sell.

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

Since Cryptsy, most people have decided to keep 90% of their net crypto portfolios in their own wallets anyway.

I would be certain, most exchanges have same inventory issues, which is why they've set up faster deposit and withdrawal speeds.

Poloniex has been highly selective for 12 months.

bRitzST9617

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 06:34:46 PM

Hello everyone!

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

Since Cryptsy, most people have decided to keep 90% of their net crypto portfolios in their own wallets anyway.

I would be certain, most exchanges have same inventory issues, which is why they've set up faster deposit and withdrawal speeds.

To touch on the "huge amount of coins from TDs", this is simply not an issue either.  There is not a single point in time where all of the term deposits are unlocked..they are all staggered and are continuing to be made.  If you use the resources such as Fuzzbawls block explorer and the charts provided on that site, you can see that there is no huge spike in coin supply like a lot of people have expressed concern about.  You will see a pretty modest curve.  And if you examine the way the bonus interest is set to taper away, you'll find that there is still significant incentive to re-HOdl those funds that have been unlocked by March of 2017.

https://i.imgur.com/rYfvm1e.png
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 07:14:29 PM

Hello everyone!

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

To touch on the "huge amount of coins from TDs", this is simply not an issue either.  There is not a single point in time where all of the term deposits are unlocked..they are all staggered and are continuing to be made.  If you use the resources such as Fuzzbawls block explorer and the charts provided on that site, you can see that there is no huge spike in coin supply like a lot of people have expressed concern about.  You will see a pretty modest curve.  And if you examine the way the bonus interest is set to taper away, you'll find that there is still significant incentive to re-HOdl those funds that have been unlocked by March of 2017.

That's all speculation and spin. Limited tradeable supply will limit trade volume and increase price volatility.
There is no doubt that more supply would make it easier to get listed on bigger exchanges because they make money
only on volume, the more the better.

What actually happens when some of those big candles mature is unknown at this time. If they are not reinvested
the extra supply available for trade will put pressure on the price.

I'd believe a weather forecast one year out before any forecast on the value of any crypto, particularly one with new features
that will fundamentally change the existing crypto economic model.

And who knows what other innovations are coming? In a year there may be crypto bonds offered by third parties so you can
get interest on your BTC or other coins. Who knows? Certainly not me.

Since the concept of interest and locked up funds is new for crypto there is no history from which to extrapolate.
It's all just a gamble.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2016, 08:12:54 PM

Yeah trading volume really isn't a concern I'm not sure if you noticed but there is a decimal.. Bitcoin will only ever have 21 million coins and will  take many years to get to that total.. With looking at 21 million and world population and world funds traded daily.. Limited supply would be looked at way more negatively.. But well it's not.. That's Bc limited trade volume increases price.. Also which has been pointed out there are constant deposits in the neighborhood of 60k or more that are due to open more and more frequently from this point on..

To the other point about large supply driving down price.. By the way I think it's strange that you look at large supply as lowering the price but limited supply not as raised price.. Anyway the best part of HOdlcoin it attracts investors with their big boy pants on.. Meaning ppl who are not investing the rent money and who can handle the commitment of a 1 year investment.. These are the same ppl that can deal with a huge TD opening and if the buy volume isn't there or the price isn't right they will simply relock that huge TD and get ~200% interest which is what it will be around then..

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
keepall

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:52:34 PM

Please Hold the door  Cheesy

wisebc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 08:56:42 PM

Hello everyone!

Regards, djoser.

Not an issue!

To touch on the "huge amount of coins from TDs", this is simply not an issue either.  There is not a single point in time where all of the term deposits are unlocked..they are all staggered and are continuing to be made.  If you use the resources such as Fuzzbawls block explorer and the charts provided on that site, you can see that there is no huge spike in coin supply like a lot of people have expressed concern about.  You will see a pretty modest curve.  And if you examine the way the bonus interest is set to taper away, you'll find that there is still significant incentive to re-HOdl those funds that have been unlocked by March of 2017.

If people who have been mining hard and hodling from the beginning re-hodl all those coins, they could (individually) be holding millions of coins the following year when they come out of time lock.

OXUS

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

KEK

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:13:43 PM

Please Hold the door  Cheesy

hahahhaa Cheesy this is the hodor coin after all

Satochi is dead
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:37:20 PM

Yeah trading volume really isn't a concern I'm not sure if you noticed but there is a decimal.. Bitcoin will only ever have 21 million coins and will  take many years to get to that total.. With looking at 21 million and world population and world funds traded daily.. Limited supply would be looked at way more negatively.. But well it's not.. That's Bc limited trade volume increases price.. Also which has been pointed out there are constant deposits in the neighborhood of 60k or more that are due to open more and more frequently from this point on..

To the other point about large supply driving down price.. By the way I think it's strange that you look at large supply as lowering the price but limited supply not as raised price.. Anyway the best part of HOdlcoin it attracts investors with their big boy pants on.. Meaning ppl who are not investing the rent money and who can handle the commitment of a 1 year investment.. These are the same ppl that can deal with a huge TD opening and if the buy volume isn't there or the price isn't right they will simply relock that huge TD and get ~200% interest which is what it will be around then..

Just for clarification, it's the large increase in supply over a short time caused by maturing TDs that will drive down the price.
What they do with the matured coins depends on how HOdl performs from now till then. A common strategy would be to
dump half and reinvest the other half. Any deviation from a planned strategy would depend more on the future prospects
for the coin at that time based on past performance and trends.

Limited supply is not always viewed negatively. It creates scarcity which has an upward bias on price which increases the
market cap and the value of the trading volume.

Any new coin trying to get listed is affected by a smaller market cap, meaning lower trade volume. When 2 thirds of a new
coins market cap is tied up and not available for trading it has a bigger effect.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a negative for HOdl in the long term, only that the unusually slow growth in tradeable
coins, and the resulting lower trade volume, can be expected to delay being invited to the big board. It's a matter of time, not if.

The big unsanswerable question is what ppl will do when the time comes. If they roll over their maturing TDs then scarcity
will continue and trade volume will remain stable and so should the price. If they dump the extra sell volume will drive down the price.

But you're right it's not for the timid.

wisebc

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 09:44:38 PM

And who knows what other innovations are coming? In a year there may be crypto bonds offered by third parties so you can

Since the concept of interest and locked up funds is new for crypto there is no history from which to extrapolate.
It's all just a gamble.
[/quote]

That's actually a hell of an idea.  Use HODL for the bonds.  Since HODL already has the structure in place for interest, why not offer bonds, or perhaps better would be CD's so they are not held indefinitely, held in HODL coins for other cryptocurrencies?  So you give a third party company 1btc (or 1LTC, or ETH, or whatever).  They subtract a small fee, HODL enough hodl coins to cover the current cost of BTC/HODL for a time period specified by you, and it earns it's interest.  When the time period is up, the third party company gives you back your BTC plus interest.  Now, any individual could do that on their own on an exchange by simply buying and selling hodl coins, but here's the twist.  The company locks in the exchange rate for (in this case) Hodl/BTC at the time the bond is purchased.  So if you buy a bond while BTC is at 1btm per hodl and the hodl price jumps to 1BTC per hodl by the time you turn in your CD, your BTC plus interest is still returned to you at the 1btm exchange level.  You pay the company a fee to ensure price stability for your investment.

Yes, it could to the other way and hodl price could drop or BTC could rise and you would 'lose' on the deal, but that's the gamble you take to get a stable interest rate on your cryptocurrency.  thoughts?

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:05:31 PM

Quote from: joblo

It's all just a gamble.

That's actually a hell of an idea.  Use HODL for the bonds.  Since HODL already has the structure in place for interest, why not offer bonds, or perhaps better would be CD's so they are not held indefinitely, held in HODL coins for other cryptocurrencies?  So you give a third party company 1btc (or 1LTC, or ETH, or whatever).  They subtract a small fee, HODL enough hodl coins to cover the current cost of BTC/HODL for a time period specified by you, and it earns it's interest.  When the time period is up, the third party company gives you back your BTC plus interest.  Now, any individual could do that on their own on an exchange by simply buying and selling hodl coins, but here's the twist.  The company locks in the exchange rate for (in this case) Hodl/BTC at the time the bond is purchased.  So if you buy a bond while BTC is at 1btm per hodl and the hodl price jumps to 1BTC per hodl by the time you turn in your CD, your BTC plus interest is still returned to you at the 1btm exchange level.  You pay the company a fee to ensure price stability for your investment.

Yes, it could to the other way and hodl price could drop or BTC could rise and you would 'lose' on the deal, but that's the gamble you take to get a stable interest rate on your cryptocurrency.  thoughts?

No need to convert, the bonds could be held in BTC or whatever other coin the seller chooses.
Bonds could also be tradeable like real bonds. Tradeable HOdl TDs might be a possibility if it is
possible to transact them, but I don't think it is.

PS. I corrected the quotes.

wisebc

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:24:11 PM

It's all just a gamble.

No need to convert, the bonds could be held in BTC or whatever other coin the seller chooses.
Bonds could also be tradeable like real bonds. Tradeable HOdl TDs might be a possibility if it is

ty for correcting the quotes. 
I would assume the CD company would have a sufficient stock of HODL to be able to use those coins in the HODLing deposit transaction, so I would think that the coins given to them (btc or whatever) would not be converted into HODL but rather simply held in their current form and the interest earned HODLing would be sold to make up the necessary addition to the BTC deposit.  I don't think that's what you mean though in which case I don't understand.

It occurs to me that there would have to be some kind of fiat contingency insurance offered so that if someone deposits shitecoins in a HODL cd and the currency no longer exists when the CD matures the depositer doesn't lose everything. The value (at least the interest) would be returned in USD (or perhaps offered in HODL) etc.

wisebc

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 10:43:04 PM

It's all just a gamble.

ty for correcting the quotes. 
I would assume the CD company would have a sufficient stock of HODL to be able to use those coins in the HODLing deposit transaction, so I would think that the coins given to them (btc or whatever) would not be converted into HODL but rather simply held in their current form and the interest earned HODLing would be sold to make up the necessary addition to the BTC deposit.  I don't think that's what you mean though in which case I don't understand.

It occurs to me that there would have to be some kind of fiat contingency insurance offered so that if someone deposits shitecoins in a HODL cd and the currency no longer exists when the CD matures the depositer doesn't lose everything. The value (at least the interest) would be returned in USD (or perhaps offered in HODL) etc.

And the CD company gets to benefit from any downturns  (or upturns depending on which currency you are talking about) in the market given that they know exactly how much interest will be earned.  So if someone locks in at $700 BTC, and they are owed 50BTM in interest, the CD company can buy that 50btm at any point during the CD term when BTC drops below $700, or they can sell HODL if the exchange rate goes above where it was locked in, in order to get the necessary BTC in interest to pay the CD holder.  And they profit either way.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:03:12 PM

And the CD company gets to benefit from any downturns  (or upturns depending on which currency you are talking about) in the market given that they know exactly how much interest will be earned.  So if someone locks in at $700 BTC, and they are owed 50BTM in interest, the CD company can buy that 50btm at any point during the CD term when BTC drops below $700, or they can sell HODL if the exchange rate goes above where it was locked in, in order to get the necessary BTC in interest to pay the CD holder.  And they profit either way.

No contingency, it's part of the risk just like real bonds. Remember junk bonds?

Bond sellers can do whatever they want with the funds, the bond is just a promise to pay it back on a certain date
and with a specified interest, again just like real bonds.

One hinderence will be regulation and investor protection from fraud. One of the goals of crypto is to remain unregulated.
At the moment that is working because the market is still small. Our feds have already studied crypto and came to the
conclusion it isn't big enough to be concerned about, yet. But at some point, as crypto continues to grow, it will.

Mr_SeLeNiO

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 14, 2016, 11:32:46 PM

dying coin
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: