Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:36:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
peres

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 04:55:20 PM

I have put all my coins into 12 month deposit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:01:05 PM

good for you at least you would not be bother if what ever happen in any movement this coin will take
as you are going to wait for your investment to grow better believe that this coin will go big it is just
a simple beginning. good luck
peres

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:06:32 PM

good for you at least you would not be bother if what ever happen in any movement this coin will take
as you are going to wait for your investment to grow better believe that this coin will go big it is just
Yes thanks good luck to you too. I am a newbie but right now you are still getting about 2000% for 12 month investment. Why sell your coins for a few dollars. If the developer can build popularity for this coin it will have a great future.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:08:43 PM

Yes thanks good luck to you too. I am a newbie but right now you are still getting about 2000% for 12 month investment. Why sell your coins for a few dollars. If the developer can build popularity for this coin it will have a great future.
wow is this for sure? I guess if the dev can make this happen much many investors will come and ride with it, I hope these moves that you just made will bring fortune for you I'm just doing some trade for this coin because until now I cant see the clear path for the future of this  coin.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
peres

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 05:23:10 PM

wow is this for sure? I guess if the dev can make this happen much many investors will come and ride with it, I hope these moves that you just made will bring fortune for you I'm just doing some trade for this coin because until now I cant see the clear path for the future of this  coin.
Yes this is for sure. Today I put 3800 coins into 12 month deposit and when it matures in 1 year I get 75 000 coins. Here is the link that explains how to do it in your wallet  https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/blob/HODLCoin0.11.3/doc/README.md#term-deposits    I am a newbie but it looks like a great deal to me Good Luck
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 07:50:53 PM

What is with this colour what the hell...... It's not a colour of a nut so why would you use it, it has made me blind, it looks like the colour of piss, poisoned....he........llllllllp

I'm stuck in a room and there is a man outside trying to get in, he has an axe and made a hole through the door just before, he popped his nut of a head through and said "Here's Johnny"........

I vote for Nutxit, hodl needs to exit just like Britains Brexit from a controlling support team.....

Voting on nutnodes sounds like a good idea, can't wait to get my nutrode on Cheesy
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:33:08 AM

I want to draw everybody's attention to 2 motions on Nutocracy.

It's still very early stages, but these motions have the potential to cause very big changes to HOdlcoin -

We HOdl that the block reward should be reduced
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

- This motion seems to be a general statement of intent without specifics on how or when it should be achieved.

We HOdl that the block reward should be reduced to 5 HODL as soon as possible
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced-to-5-hodl-as-soon-as-possible

- This motion includes a specific figure, and a timeframe, but is more controversial - 50/50 at the moment.

I encourage all stakeholders to get involved in the discussion and voting on this matter.

Think this unfair mining destribution and the lack of buypower with the dead markets is still a problem

So i voted yes.

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 05:09:15 PM

Nutocracy is a mistake just like having a brexit referendum.

The two biggest motions are to reduce the block size because the exchange price is dropping.
That makes no sense at all. I presume the premise is that cutting the block size will reduce inflation
but the real cause of inflation is high interest rates. In a short time the supply increase from maturing TDs
will overtake that from mining and the supply from mining will become trivial.

High inflation is an inherent part of Hodl due to its extremely high interest rate. One HOdl today will be
20 HOdl in a year. To have the same value the exchange rate will have to drop proportionally. It is inevitable
the price will drop and continue to drop as TDs begin to mature and add to the coin supply.

Democracy doesn't belong in business. Competition takes care of consumer choice. Decisions made by nutocracy
is the bigger threat to the survival of HOdl based on the quality of the motions so far.

I've mentioned it before, the focus needs to be on the features that make Hodl unique. With hundreds of other coins
to comptete with it's the only way to survive. And the lack of interest in improving the user experience with TDs is
very disappointing.

After a quick start the whole project appears to be stuck in the mud with no sense of direction.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:59:20 AM

Nutocracy is a mistake just like having a brexit referendum.

The two biggest motions are to reduce the block size because the exchange price is dropping.
That makes no sense at all. I presume the premise is that cutting the block size will reduce inflation
but the real cause of inflation is high interest rates. In a short time the supply increase from maturing TDs
will overtake that from mining and the supply from mining will become trivial.

High inflation is an inherent part of Hodl due to its extremely high interest rate. One HOdl today will be
20 HOdl in a year. To have the same value the exchange rate will have to drop proportionally. It is inevitable
the price will drop and continue to drop as TDs begin to mature and add to the coin supply.

Democracy doesn't belong in business. Competition takes care of consumer choice. Decisions made by nutocracy
is the bigger threat to the survival of HOdl based on the quality of the motions so far.

I've mentioned it before, the focus needs to be on the features that make Hodl unique. With hundreds of other coins
to comptete with it's the only way to survive. And the lack of interest in improving the user experience with TDs is
very disappointing.

After a quick start the whole project appears to be stuck in the mud with no sense of direction.

Thanks joblo,

I think you argue your case well and outline the risks of taking action to try to stem the dumping from mining.

I agree that there are risks from taking radical action like empowering Nutocracy motions, and reducing coin supply - but I think the bigger risks are from allowing the price and market cap to continue to fall in the short term as it may never recover. The majority of HOdlers seem to agree, with only 18,000 HODL being voted against the motion to reduce the block reward -

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

On your other points, I'd say sharehodler votes are a big part of business and Nutocracy is a Nutocracy rather than a Democracy. We've seen in Bitcoin how stakehodlers cannot even agree on the most minor of changes even with overwhelming support - Nutocracy can set a precedent on how to agree changes and when change become necessary in the future, we have a way to do that without a Bitcoin-style civil war - this may be one of the unique features we can focus on.

I also share your disappointment that no-one has yet contributed their time, energy or money to improve the user experience with the TD GUI in this open-source project. However it is early days.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 05:25:08 AM

it is nice hearing you here mate that's the first thing then support will follow ill buy hodl again and start staking it from my wallet might be willing taking the risk i don't know how to help but if you want me to trolls inside yobit i will do.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:23:43 PM

I think we need to adopt some kind of rule for when a Nutocracy motion can be adopted -

I'm thinking 2 conditions need to be met

1. That it has 10% or more of the current HOdlings for 'HOdl' (currently around 50 million - so 5 million threshold required)
2. That it has more votes for 'HOdl' than for 'Do Not HOdl'

Current, this motion is uncontroversial with about 3.2 million votes behind it and may be considered adopted soon

But this specific motion is controversial with 1.95 million for and 1.33 million against
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced-to-5-hodl-as-soon-as-possible

Does anyone else have ideas about how we might reduce the block reward in a less controversial manner?

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 12:56:23 PM

If it's inflation we want to fight, shouldn't the interest rates and/or bonuses also be reduced?

Also I'm surprised to see how few people actually have voted. Percentages seem bigger because ithere are very few yet huge wallets

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:21:49 PM

How will reducing the block reward affect the overall supply of free HOdl?

Much of the supply growth over the next year is locked in and unaffected by mining.
Reducing the block reward will not have s significant effect on current supply but will
slow the growth of TDs which will slow the growth beyond one year.

I don't see a connection between the problem (low current price) and the proposed solution.
It still makes no sense to me conceptually but some numbers may make is clearer. Unfortunately
I don't have the numbers.

I also object to the proposal to change the block reward as a violation of HOdl's specifications. which
include a plan for block reward reductions and a declaration that it is "set in stone".

[stuff snipped]
Subsidy: 50 HODL subsidy per block
Halving: Every 4 years
Mining Supply:Total of 81,962,100 HODL will be mined
Interest Supply: Between 150,000,000 and 500,000,000 HODL will be paid in interest to HODLers

Fixed in Nature

The POW Algorithm considered a technical detail and is subject to change to favor CPU and consumer grade hardware with the intention of keeping mining participatory and distributed.

ALL OTHER PARAMETERS ARE SET IN STONE. There will be no changes to mining subsidies, interest rates, distribution etc.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 03:50:03 PM

From my experience in crypto, its never a good thing to change the rules mid way through the game. If you reduce mining rewards then you'll loose all those miners. Hashrate will be low and the coin will be more prone to 51% attacks.

Voting is biased anyways. If HODLers are the only ones capable of voting then they will always vote for proposals that enrich them. Once they dump they are not going to care if they fucked up the coin for everyone else.

I still have hodled funds so I'll be voting against those proposals later today.

wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 05:24:24 PM

Nutocracy is ready for testing!

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/

It's a fork of the Bitcoinocracy project, and it allows HOdlers to vote on motions.

Some important points

1. Motions can be used to give or withold permission from devs to make changes to HOdlcoin. The blockchain has no army, so it cannot compel action nor inaction, but it represents the collective voice of HOdlers and so has standing. It is a transfer of some power from devs and miners to HOdlers. 

2. Only HOdled funds have a vote, and the vote counts as the fully matured value. So if you HOdl 10 coins now, and they mature in 1 year as 200 coins - your vote is worth 200.

3. Only the latest source works for signing statements. Current builds do not work - you'll need to compile the latest yourself, or if you use windows, you can use this binary that I made earlier.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5Ax5kejTpMLVdaVUNjZVpmZDQ

4. Currently only 1 signature can be used at a time to sign - the new client source supports signing with multiple addresses at the same time, and the Nutocracy platform will accept these multiple signatures shortly.

I'm missing something in how to submit a vote.  I'm putting my HODL address in but it comes back as an invalid address.  I'm at this page:  https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 05:36:32 PM

Voting is biased anyways. If HODLers are the only ones capable of voting then they will always vote for proposals that enrich them. Once they dump they are not going to care if they fucked up the coin for everyone else.

Excellent point. HOdl needs to attract new users, not insulate existing users.

wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 05:52:29 PM

In the first line of a wallet I have entered the address of the purse (HPxUhpdCaXS8tAKvyp7v3bh2KNmyakXY7v). The second a window left empty. I have pressed to sign and I have received the signature. Then I have inserted it without gaps into vote.

Ok, in the second window you must enter the statement you want to sign - for example -

We HOdl that Segwit should be integrated into HOdlcoin without delay.

So that was a giant pain to puzzle out in order to vote, and after trying to vote 12 times I copied the wrong stupid message into the message window and so voted for the wrong side.  I corrected the message and submitted again but now I've effectively cancelled my vote as my address is in both sides.  This ridiculous process is how we're going to decide the fate of this coin?  Seriously?  Good thing I can't sell now.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:16:18 PM

How will reducing the block reward affect the overall supply of free HOdl?

Much of the supply growth over the next year is locked in and unaffected by mining.
Reducing the block reward will not have s significant effect on current supply but will
slow the growth of TDs which will slow the growth beyond one year.

I don't see a connection between the problem (low current price) and the proposed solution.
It still makes no sense to me conceptually but some numbers may make is clearer. Unfortunately
I don't have the numbers.

I also object to the proposal to change the block reward as a violation of HOdl's specifications. which
include a plan for block reward reductions and a declaration that it is "set in stone".

[stuff snipped]
Subsidy: 50 HODL subsidy per block
Halving: Every 4 years
Mining Supply:Total of 81,962,100 HODL will be mined
Interest Supply: Between 150,000,000 and 500,000,000 HODL will be paid in interest to HODLers

Fixed in Nature

The POW Algorithm considered a technical detail and is subject to change to favor CPU and consumer grade hardware with the intention of keeping mining participatory and distributed.

ALL OTHER PARAMETERS ARE SET IN STONE. There will be no changes to mining subsidies, interest rates, distribution etc.

This alone nullifies any proposal to make changes to the mining subsidy or any future proposals to change the parameters of this coin. Other than the mining algorithm.

peres

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:22:49 PM

1)I am a newbie and I tried to vote. I copied the message into the box and clicked submit but it said use HOdl software to sign the message - I do not understand this?
2) I agree that is the block reward is reduced miners will stop mining because with 600-700 miners in a pool it takes a long time to mine coins.
3) I have put my coins in 12 month fixed so will have a lot in a year.

Any advice for newbies?
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 06:25:13 PM

1)I am a newbie and I tried to vote. I copied the message into the box and clicked submit but it said use HOdl software to sign the message - I do not understand this?
2) I agree that is the block reward is reduced miners will stop mining because with 600-700 miners in a pool it takes a long time to mine coins.
3) I have put my coins in 12 month fixed so will have a lot in a year.

Any advice for newbies?

Are you sure you are using the updated version of the wallet? Are you sure you copied the exact phrase and not an extra space or so?
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: