Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wisebc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:47:42 AM

Can't forget that around May 12th the coin was still rising and hit 10 cents. Not sure but it appeared the early adopters that we needed to hold to make this work didn't. They made money and moved on causing a steep decline quick. We won't know if the lock was necessary until we recover. On the other hand every single person is valuable that's involved in this coin. If we lost a big percent of supporters due to the lock then maybe that wasn't worth it either

I think maybe the autohodl period was too long. While autohodling did succeed in removing the strip miners and the pools(temporarily), it may have discouraged too many miners. Maybe a 60 days enforced hodling period would have been better.

Anyway, now that Yobit appears to have gone offline, I think now would be a good time to prepare a fork, as the potential problem with Yobit has already occurred.

I'll suggest an offer to HOdlers - I'll volunteer to develop the fork if the Nutocracy authorizes me to reduce the required autohodl period, but not remove it.   I think removing the autohodl entirely would see the return of strip miners who simply mine and dump, removing all value created in the coin. While I know the autohodl feature has not been popular in many quarters, I think we'll find all those who have mined with autohodl are likely to be long term hodlers, more invested in the coin than strip miners or speculators.

It's a good idea but 60 days is a bit short - maybe 90 or 120 days would be better to hold off the strip miners.

I really like the 365 day autoHOdl but if it must be shortened I say shorten as little as possible to prevent botnet mining. Also, on a side note it seems there will only be 80 million coins released for mining. Question is how many of those have already been mined and how long will it take to mine the remaining balance? We must consider that also because if there is only a year or 2 left to mine these coins I say all the more reason to love the auto hodl and stop whining and get to mining LOL!

We need to release this coin into the world as accessible as possible which the autohodl has been holding back.  I don't like it but I will back reducing the autohodl to 60 days.  Though if an autohodl has to stay I think 30 days is more than enough to have the desired effect.  I'm only supporting the change because I believe no one is going to step up to code the fork to complete removal of the autohodl and a reduction is better than nothing. If I'm wrong and someone will do it then step on up. The autohodl took out every single pool last time, only optiminer's work kept a pool available.  There is no point in doing anything further if we cannot expand the pools and exchanges and neither group is interested in a coin with one hand tied behind its back.  As it is I'm mystified what value people think is going to be lost to 'stripmining.'  This coin has been hovering at a fraction of a penny for almost a year now and the only real increase we've seen is when it was voted on to release the autohodl completely.  We don't need to coddle those who are already invested in the project and who have held on during the autohodl, we need to encourage NEW people to invest their time, energy, and money into this project.  Releasing the autohodl completely would do that.  I don't know what those who were standing by to jump in when the autohodl died are going to do with just a reduction but I have a hunch.  But seriously,  if this coin cannot survive without artificial strangling protections then what good is it?

Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:13:37 AM

I agree with you 100 percent. But Id like to point out This thing is Freetrades baby it was his vision and his offer is clearly a move in the right direction. I say we move forward, and see what happens. But i do agree with you if i had my choice I would let the miners go at it no hodl and just let the market go where it goes, im not sure it would be all dump. Fish
wisebc

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 06:18:51 AM

Can't forget that around May 12th the coin was still rising and hit 10 cents. Not sure but it appeared the early adopters that we needed to hold to make this work didn't. They made money and moved on causing a steep decline quick. We won't know if the lock was necessary until we recover. On the other hand every single person is valuable that's involved in this coin. If we lost a big percent of supporters due to the lock then maybe that wasn't worth it either

I think maybe the autohodl period was too long. While autohodling did succeed in removing the strip miners and the pools(temporarily), it may have discouraged too many miners. Maybe a 60 days enforced hodling period would have been better.

Anyway, now that Yobit appears to have gone offline, I think now would be a good time to prepare a fork, as the potential problem with Yobit has already occurred.

I'll suggest an offer to HOdlers - I'll volunteer to develop the fork if the Nutocracy authorizes me to reduce the required autohodl period, but not remove it.   I think removing the autohodl entirely would see the return of strip miners who simply mine and dump, removing all value created in the coin. While I know the autohodl feature has not been popular in many quarters, I think we'll find all those who have mined with autohodl are likely to be long term hodlers, more invested in the coin than strip miners or speculators.

It's a good idea but 60 days is a bit short - maybe 90 or 120 days would be better to hold off the strip miners.

I really like the 365 day autoHOdl but if it must be shortened I say shorten as little as possible to prevent botnet mining. Also, on a side note it seems there will only be 80 million coins released for mining. Question is how many of those have already been mined and how long will it take to mine the remaining balance? We must consider that also because if there is only a year or 2 left to mine these coins I say all the more reason to love the auto hodl and stop whining and get to mining LOL!

We need to release this coin into the world as accessible as possible which the autohodl has been holding back.  I don't like it but I will back reducing the autohodl to 60 days.  Though if an autohodl has to stay I think 30 days is more than enough to have the desired effect.  I'm only supporting the change because I believe no one is going to step up to code the fork to complete removal of the autohodl and a reduction is better than nothing. If I'm wrong and someone will do it then step on up. The autohodl took out every single pool last time, only optiminer's work kept a pool available.  There is no point in doing anything further if we cannot expand the pools and exchanges and neither group is interested in a coin with one hand tied behind its back.  As it is I'm mystified what value people think is going to be lost to 'stripmining.'  This coin has been hovering at a fraction of a penny for almost a year now and the only real increase we've seen is when it was voted on to release the autohodl completely.  We don't need to coddle those who are already invested in the project and who have held on during the autohodl, we need to encourage NEW people to invest their time, energy, and money into this project.  Releasing the autohodl completely would do that.  I don't know what those who were standing by to jump in when the autohodl died are going to do with just a reduction but I have a hunch.  But seriously,  if this coin cannot survive without artificial strangling protections then what good is it?

And pardon me for saying so, but why are you bothering with Nutocracy to validate what you want to do Freetrade?  If you are only willing to volunteer to code those options that you want to do despite what Nutocracy voters ask for (the total removal of autohodl has been 'authorized' by nutocracy for months now) then what is the point of going through the motions on nutocracy?  Quit pretending you are following the will of the 'people' and just do whatever it is you are going to do.  Do something to improve or move this coin along and end this hibernation we've been in.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 07:55:17 AM

And pardon me for saying so, but why are you bothering with Nutocracy to validate what you want to do Freetrade?  If you are only willing to volunteer to code those options that you want to do despite what Nutocracy voters ask for (the total removal of autohodl has been 'authorized' by nutocracy for months now) then what is the point of going through the motions on nutocracy?  Quit pretending you are following the will of the 'people' and just do whatever it is you are going to do.  Do something to improve or move this coin along and end this hibernation we've been in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hodl/comments/4qrfny/nutocracy_of_the_nuts_for_the_nuts_and_by_the/

Nutocracy is used to permit or disallow changes, but it doesn't have an army so can't compel changes.

I did make a proposal a while back to allow Nutocracy to requisition funds from the blockchain so that Nutocracy would be able to vote funds too, but it proved very unpopular, so I dropped it. As it is now, it relies on volunteers.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:01:50 AM

As it is I'm mystified what value people think is going to be lost to 'stripmining.'  This coin has been hovering at a fraction of a penny for almost a year now and the only real increase we've seen is when it was voted on to release the autohodl completely.

It's a good question - there isn't a lot of value to be mined out of the project as it stands. The problem is that stripminers mine any value out of the project as soon as it is added - it's like a cup with a hole in the bottom - nobody wants to be pouring effort into a cup when it's falling right out the bottom.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:04:44 AM

So one possibility is to require blocks to be signed by the private key of the reward address. This makes both pools and botnets more difficult.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:19:34 AM

Ok - two nutocracy motions for esteemed nutters to consider in the light of recent discussions -

The first, which I commend to you -

We HOdl that the minimum AutoHOdl period should be reduced from 1 year to 1 month.
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-minimum-autohodl-period-should-be-reduced-from-1-year-to-1-month

The second, which I don't recommend, but may increase decentralization and have greater democratic support

We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-autohodling-should-be-remove-altogether-and-that-the-developer-removing-autohodling-may-award-himself-500-000-hodl-from-the-blockchain-hodl-d-for-a-period-of-1-year

(Note, in order for this second motion to pass, it must reach the threshold, and gain greater validity than the existing motion - https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-there-will-be-no-changes-to-mining-subsidies-interest-rates-distribution-etc-foundational-principle)

Mr.Coinzer

Activity: 420
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:36:18 AM

any pool work with nicehash?
eduardoced

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:27:29 AM

Hi Hodllers,

Any of you knows how to move a wallet to a new pc?  i have all hodlcoins files related backup but cant access my wallet any more...

Thanks to all of you...
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:44:50 AM

Hi Hodllers,

Any of you knows how to move a wallet to a new pc?  i have all hodlcoins files related backup but cant access my wallet any more...

Thanks to all of you...

are you on windows ? if yes take %appdata% and then HOdlcoin and copy the wallet.dat file to the new system to the same location.
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:55:38 AM

What is happening with yobit wallet?... Still on maintenance?
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:49:25 AM

Yes I just checked it. Apparently you can order and buy HOdl but you can't withdraw it. I checked with their support a few days ago on this issue and the responded and said it would take them a long time to get it fixed.  Shocked
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:51:39 PM

Yes I just checked it. Apparently you can order and buy HOdl but you can't withdraw it. I checked with their support a few days ago on this issue and the responded and said it would take them a long time to get it fixed.  Shocked

Ok, I've removed YoBit from the ANN for exchanges.

Best avenue for exchanging now is probably BitSquare, but trades on there cost about $1.50 and need some setup.

I think we're looking for a new exchange, and a delisting from YoBit.

DisasterFaster

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:39:25 PM

Ok, I've removed YoBit from the ANN for exchanges.

Best avenue for exchanging now is probably BitSquare, but trades on there cost about $1.50 and need some setup.

I think we're looking for a new exchange, and a delisting from YoBit.

Agreed on delisting from YoBit. I got 10K+ HOdl coins there that I bought and I can't move them to my local wallet for 1 year locking argh...

I got Bitsquare downloaded and am working on the setup and thanks for the heads up!

Agreed on finding a new exchange. The common masses probably won't want to deal with something difficult like Bitsquare to buy and lock HOdl coin... They need something much simpler like for instance a YoBit that was stable and dependable...

HOdl on!
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:10:22 PM

Agreed on delisting from YoBit. I got 10K+ HOdl coins there that I bought and I can't move them to my local wallet for 1 year locking argh...

I got Bitsquare downloaded and am working on the setup and thanks for the heads up!

Agreed on finding a new exchange. The common masses probably won't want to deal with something difficult like Bitsquare to buy and lock HOdl coin... They need something much simpler like for instance a YoBit that was stable and dependable...

HOdl on!

Yeah, Bitsquare is interesting, it kinda acts like an elaborate escrow service. I haven't completed any trades on it yet, but the front end is refreshing user friendly and professional. If we could get CMC to use Bitsquare trading figures and volumes, it would be worth trying to shift all trading to BitSquare.

Maybe we can try a trade and see if it shows up here -

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/bitsquare/

DisasterFaster

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:38:47 PM

HOdl on!

Yeah, Bitsquare is interesting, it kinda acts like an elaborate escrow service. I haven't completed any trades on it yet, but the front end is refreshing user friendly and professional. If we could get CMC to use Bitsquare trading figures and volumes, it would be worth trying to shift all trading to BitSquare.

I'm all in - I have a lot of bitcoin and my plan is to buy as much HOdl with it as possible and relock it for a year. I still don't have the Bitsquare set up yet bear with me I"m working on it...

After doing tons and tons of research I am all in on HOdl coin, mining it buying it locking it and when the time is right I will market and promote it... am i crazy??? nah not at all this coin is going to go way up in value and based on my research it's a very very desirable investment and especially for the long term...

On a side not I have a question... is encrypting the HOdl wallet pretty much mandatory or what is the general consensus?
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 03:55:45 PM

I'm all in - I have a lot of bitcoin and my plan is to buy as much HOdl with it as possible and relock it for a year. I still don't have the Bitsquare set up yet bear with me I"m working on it...

After doing tons and tons of research I am all in on HOdl coin, mining it buying it locking it and when the time is right I will market and promote it... am i crazy??? nah not at all this coin is going to go way up in value and based on my research it's a very very desirable investment and especially for the long term...

On a side not I have a question... is encrypting the HOdl wallet pretty much mandatory or what is the general consensus?

Ok, I've got a buy offer open for $10 to try it out.

I'm seeing there is a recent XMR/BTC trade, but that's not showing up on the CMC page, so some setup needs to be done there I'm guessing.

vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:39:53 PM

I can't sync my wallet...  Huh
coinstash

Activity: 179

G'day!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 09:45:18 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 10:10:29 PM by coinstash

Trading figures can only be derived from centralized exchanges. Since BitSquare is decentralized CMC can't get data from it.

Without trading volume HOdl can't be listed, and without a listing on at least one centralized exchange it's dead. So the recent Nutocracy motions are utterly pointless, the autoHOdl should have been removed months ago when it was first voted out. It's now far too late to be voting on variations.

HOdlcoin tip jar: HHodLxkjawXxt86EnDB1i8hCxkC4exGvab
wisebc

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:20:52 AM

When you fork this what will happen to the coins already mined and locked?

Nothing unusual happens to the existing coins.  they continue to be locked or not locked, whatever state they were in before, according to how long they were locked to begin with.  The fork will not change that.  It will only affect newly mined coins which will now be locked for a month, or two, or whatever is decided on, at the time they are mined.  In other words, if you mine coins today, they will be locked for a year automatically.  If the coin forks tomorrow, then coins mined tomorrow will be locked for a much shorter time (whatever the fork says), but the coins you mined today will still be locked for a year after the fork takes effect.  A coin timelock is permanent and must run its course, regardless of the duration selected and regardless of what is done to future mined coins.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: