Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 12:45:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472799 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
noonway

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:44:00 PM

We'll need a new point wallet release as this bug is a serious DoS vulnerability.

When can this be expected... I'm not available to compile this on my own.
Suh

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 01:38:20 AM

Welcome to the world of crypto mining and forked networks.  If you lost coins, like I did, then you were on the wrong fork.  It happens from time to time (more frequently with smaller networks), but being attentive to your mining setup can help minimize your lost time.

Join CFinex, buy some shares in the project and earn income!
https://cfinex.com/
jeremyf327

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:47:25 AM

Can someone explain how to restore a wallet from a backup file?
jeremyf327

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:41:25 AM

Nevermind...I figured it out and got all my coins back. Smiley
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:58:25 AM

An exclusive feature of this coins is certainly freezing, I can protect the deposit from myself at the year to not be able to sell  Grin

Sale the first NFT of the first foto
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:59:39 AM

I wanted to give an update on my observations this morning and see if I can get any feedback.

Yesterday I did the zapwallettxes=1 command and rebooted the PC and HOdl wallet.

After that transactions (sent coins) and mined coins and locked coins literally disappeared from the wallet however I was able to begin mining.

This morning I can see that I've mined blocks but a whole lot of weird stuff is going on for example...

If I send HOdl coin to an address it shows as being fully sent and confirmed from the sending wallet however it never arrives at the wallet I sent it to. Also, if I take the transaction ID from that send and search for it in the block explorer it doesn't exist and literally those sent coins have vanished.

On this same PC I did an experiment and I am able to HOdl coins for a term deposit but when I HOdl'ed just 1 coin it immediately produced a transaction for 49 coins or basically the balance of a block reward.

This same PC claims to be connected to 8 other nodes and oddly on the block explorer the IP shows up on the node list.

All of this is just mind blowing and it gives me the impression that there are different blockchains running for this coin and those are disconnected from each other.

What will be the end result of all of this and how long will it take to get sorted out?

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions from the forum members.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:52:35 PM

I wanted to give an update on my observations this morning and see if I can get any feedback.

Yesterday I did the zapwallettxes=1 command and rebooted the PC and HOdl wallet.

After that transactions (sent coins) and mined coins and locked coins literally disappeared from the wallet however I was able to begin mining.

This morning I can see that I've mined blocks but a whole lot of weird stuff is going on for example...

If I send HOdl coin to an address it shows as being fully sent and confirmed from the sending wallet however it never arrives at the wallet I sent it to. Also, if I take the transaction ID from that send and search for it in the block explorer it doesn't exist and literally those sent coins have vanished.

On this same PC I did an experiment and I am able to HOdl coins for a term deposit but when I HOdl'ed just 1 coin it immediately produced a transaction for 49 coins or basically the balance of a block reward.

This same PC claims to be connected to 8 other nodes and oddly on the block explorer the IP shows up on the node list.

All of this is just mind blowing and it gives me the impression that there are different blockchains running for this coin and those are disconnected from each other.

What will be the end result of all of this and how long will it take to get sorted out?

I think there are still nodes that haven't upgraded to v3 - and so are likely on a different chain. Make sure you're on v3 and try a re-index on all your clients.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
DisasterFaster

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:55:15 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 02:04:17 PM by DisasterFaster

I think there are still nodes that haven't upgraded to v3 - and so are likely on a different chain. Make sure you're on v3 and try a re-index on all your clients.

@freetrade this is definitely on v3 but of course not on the latest since the binaries aren't released yet. When you say re-index the clients what is the best procedure to do that?

Update: Ok I did a -reindex and also a -rescan and no change whatsover. Do I need to delete everything except the wallet.dat, reinstall and start over or can I somehow delete the entire block chain and just reload that?
spmjnkbx

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:22:07 PM

Is there a way to tell the wallet where to find some peers that are working?
DisasterFaster

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:08:26 PM

Is there a way to tell the wallet where to find some peers that are working?

It shouldn't be necessary but here is one option:

Go to http://www.fuzzbawls.pw/explore/HOdlcoin/network.php
Now scroll down on the left side and find /HOdlcoin:3.0.0/ and then click the Nodes button
A window will pop up listing a bunch of node IP addresses and you can record them

Now go to your HOdl coin wallet
At the top click on Help and then click on Debug Window
You get a new popup and click on the Console tab

When the Console opens enter the command shown below:
addnode 1.124.48.250 add

Repeat the process to add additional nodes as desired

Good Luck!
DisasterFaster

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:11:42 PM

Can anybody tell me if there is any difference between running the -reindex command vs. deleting the blockchain folders and re-downloading the entire chain?

Do both achieve exactly the same thing or what?
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

@freetrade this is definitely on v3 but of course not on the latest since the binaries aren't released yet. When you say re-index the clients what is the best procedure to do that?

Update: Ok I did a -reindex and also a -rescan and no change whatsover. Do I need to delete everything except the wallet.dat, reinstall and start over or can I somehow delete the entire block chain and just reload that?

You might also be seeing this issue -
https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/issues/63

DF, can you check the two nodes - see if they are both on the same block, and if the hashes of those blocks are the same, and if the nodes connected are primarily v3 nodes.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
DisasterFaster

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:26:46 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 10:39:11 PM by DisasterFaster

You might also be seeing this issue -
https://github.com/HOdlcoin/HOdlcoin/issues/63

DF, can you check the two nodes - see if they are both on the same block, and if the hashes of those blocks are the same, and if the nodes connected are primarily v3 nodes.

No sir I can't I deleted the blockchain folders and re-downloaded. After that I was able to send HOdl to Coinexchange.IO with no problems.

I can tell you that before I made changes earlier today these nodes were NOT on the same block number that was showing in the Fuzzbawls block explorer.

I have a suggestion although it may be far-fetched....

If a Version 2.0 was connected at the V3 fork and stayed connected it continued to mine blocks although I assume on a different blockchain.

Because that V2 node never disconnected and it was still connected to V3 nodes it corrupted their blockchains.

Crazy idea or what?

Oh yeah let me edit this and add one other odd observation. When I ran -reindex the problem persisted however when I deleted the blockchain folders and re-downloaded I was fixed.

Here is a record from the receiving node on the failed sending transactions:

Date: 6/8/2017 10:13
To: HCtWb7De1PEpRcPZ1UX1K7Vx9DEfSoHHAL (own address, label: From Miners 6-8-2017)
Credit: 44.00077004 HODL
Net amount: +44.00077004 HODL
Transaction ID: 12cc68a1c17589a578615a0faa945ab198442260b507b3c46684846b478898ea-000

Date: 6/8/2017 10:12
To: HCtWb7De1PEpRcPZ1UX1K7Vx9DEfSoHHAL (own address, label: From Miners 6-8-2017)
Credit: 5.00000000 HODL
Net amount: +5.00000000 HODL
Transaction ID: f36e30016114a5c87cba3a81f6105d106d6c163dbe37fbde9f9f0cea66238e6c-000

Date: 6/8/2017 10:08
Credit: 1.00000000 HODL
Net amount: +1.00000000 HODL
Transaction ID: b3906fad40edc498d98b90a592b2dd3bebddbceb021ebcf044201cea571f83d6-000

Date: 6/8/2017 09:02
Credit: 650.03835272 HODL
Net amount: +650.03835272 HODL
Transaction ID: e1042333a84d1fdb5794d626a0d65296639ea13025516cb12d38d6045cd618d4-000

jeremyf327

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:53:20 PM

Are the blockchain folders "blocks" and "chainstate"?
DisasterFaster

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:55:37 PM

Are the blockchain folders "blocks" and "chainstate"?

Yes as far as I know but to be safe here is how I did it.

• I deleted everything except the wallet.dat file (in the data directory)
  • On the first PC I downloaded the entire blockchain from scratch
  • On subsequent PC's I deleted everything except the wallet.date file and then copied the blocks & chainstate folders from that first PC's download
  • Before I started the HOdl wallet for the first time I added -zapwallettxes=1 to the shortcut icon path

To add a bit more I'm not sure the -zapwallettxes was completely necessary but it served to clear those failed transactions from the transaction table. After the above steps my current block matched the block explorer and I'm able to mine, HOdl, send and receive with no more issues.

In the data directory I wasn't sure about the necessity of deleting the database folder, db text doc and peers.dat but I went ahead and deleted them to force the HOdl wallet to rebuild them from scratch. I had a concern there could be some issue stemming from keeping the database and I also had some concern if the peers.dat file would try to reconnect me to a Version 2 node that was connected at the Version 3 fork and never disconnected since the fork if that makes any sense.
Cannabisdreams

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:25:08 AM

Has this been resolved??  Nothing is fixed for me here.  I am still missing half of my coins and lost another 50 that I mined.  My wallet says synced, I deleted and re-downloaded everything all over again.  

Again, I'll ask, How is it possible to remove coins I had frozen from my wallet?  Those coins were confirmed and spendable and hodled.  

this is WAY more than a few orphaned blocks, its more than a whole day of orphaned blocks.... Orphaned blocks do not get confirmed.

I can't even move what i have left to save it from any further poaching since I have it locked.  Locked to me isn't locked to everyone apparently.

Also, this all happened when the mining pools were down and folks like me were solo mining to avoid downtime and problems.  I imagine any conflicts were resolved in favor of the bigger group, a/k/a the mining pool that was down off and on for a while?  Please educate me.  

*Update*
Even more fun.  As I said earlier, I have the wallet downloaded on two different PCs and use both to mine.  The both show different balances AND different amounts Hodled.  The both say current but one is not on the current block and one is.  The blockchain for my address actually does show the entire amount I've mined and expect to see in my wallet, the coins I am missing are showing "Unconfirmed"

Here are the screen shots taken in the past 20 mins.

http://imgur.com/a/xywRw

Please help me straighten this out.  

jeremyf327

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:14:02 PM

Has this been resolved??  Nothing is fixed for me here.  I am still missing half of my coins and lost another 50 that I mined.  My wallet says synced, I deleted and re-downloaded everything all over again.  

Again, I'll ask, How is it possible to remove coins I had frozen from my wallet?  Those coins were confirmed and spendable and hodled.  

this is WAY more than a few orphaned blocks, its more than a whole day of orphaned blocks.... Orphaned blocks do not get confirmed.

I can't even move what i have left to save it from any further poaching since I have it locked.  Locked to me isn't locked to everyone apparently.

Also, this all happened when the mining pools were down and folks like me were solo mining to avoid downtime and problems.  I imagine any conflicts were resolved in favor of the bigger group, a/k/a the mining pool that was down off and on for a while?  Please educate me.  

*Update*
Even more fun.  As I said earlier, I have the wallet downloaded on two different PCs and use both to mine.  The both show different balances AND different amounts Hodled.  The both say current but one is not on the current block and one is.  The blockchain for my address actually does show the entire amount I've mined and expect to see in my wallet, the coins I am missing are showing "Unconfirmed"

Here are the screen shots taken in the past 20 mins.

http://imgur.com/a/xywRw

Please help me straighten this out.  

Are you working on a Mac or PC? I was able to straighten this out by moving my wallet to a PC. Both of my Macs seem to struggle connecting to peers and locking onto the correct chain. They may connect to two peers at most. My PC's connect to many more and sync up fine. I backed up my wallet from the Mac and moved it to a PC. The blockchain synced up fine and it straightened out my "bad coins" and transactions. I only lost the coins that were mined on the bad "fork". I am now starting fresh on my Mac to see if I can get this up again to solo mine. Trying to take advantage of these 8 cores on my iMac. From what I understand there is no pool miner for Mac OS.

nomadicmadman

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:21:42 PM

I had a similar problem, my wallet client was showing 'synced' but wasn't actually at the correct block height... but deleting my blockchain data and starting from scratch worked for me. My mined coins finally appeared upon a proper sync.

I think my problem had something to do with using one of the blockchain download links from the first post. Maybe those should be updated or removed if they are indeed part of the problem.
Cannabisdreams

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:09:25 PM

@nomadicmad
I had a similar problem, my wallet client was showing 'synced' but wasn't actually at the correct block height... but deleting my blockchain data and starting from scratch worked for me. My mined coins finally appeared upon a proper sync.

I think my problem had something to do with using one of the blockchain download links from the first post. Maybe those should be updated or removed if they are indeed part of the problem.

You were correct.  the problem started when i downloaded that blockchain from the first page download link AFTER this problem occurred.  My miner and both wallets were working fine.  The problems started for me when I downloaded that shit... and attempted to fix something that was never broken on my end..so... THANKS FOR THAT.   (a sincere thank you to nomadic to actually figuring this out)

I was going to hang in there for another week or two and see how it went but ....   WAY TOO MUCH shady going on here.  Maybe you guys are legit but it doesn't appear that way from the outside. Funny how these 'issues' are never in favor of the miners.  Is there a dev team behind this or are we talking one guy part time on the weekends?

bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:00:54 PM

Yeah I dunno, I want to believe but Cannabis makes a good point. I've tried reindex, rescan, multiple times, deleted blockchain folders in my app_data dir on windows, and mining deposits from supernova don't show up *and* deposits made from my PC wallet to coinexchange don't show up. So I don't know what's going on.
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: