Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:37:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346482 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2016, 07:19:54 PM

So, it seems my son must have been messing about on my computer... again... because a fresh download of the wallet repaired my issue...

Have yet to try on the Windows 10 machine.

Also, noticed that the link for AIO wallet download on OP is not working. Will update that shortly with a new one. As well as include the newest blockchain sync'd with it.

Will update when I figure out my Windows10 issue (if one exists there) lol.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 08:57:27 PM

So, it seems my son must have been messing about on my computer... again... because a fresh download of the wallet repaired my issue...

Also, noticed that the link for AIO wallet download on OP is not working. Will update that shortly with a new one. As well as include the newest blockchain sync'd with it.

That is currently what I am using is Win 10.  Not sure f your configuration but everything is running smoothly on my Win 10.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 01:35:23 AM

That is currently what I am using is Win 10.  Not sure f your configuration but everything is running smoothly on my Win 10.

Yea, it would seem it is me... and I have a feeling that it is likely due to myself not following MY OWN INSTRUCTIONS during the miner GUI installation... (facepalm).

But the other issue I had with my other system is resolved with a new copy of the wallet, and I've got a feeling I can reinstall the GUI wallet on this computer and my issue will dissipate.

On another note....

[ANNOUNCEMENT] - BURST.ninja pool modifications

It has come to our attention that certain miners were not paying out as they should have... This was very surprising, as the pool has never experienced any issues within the payout system.

Upon some searching by our amazing infrastructure dev, haitch, he has discovered that the pool's statistics code that sends messages to users with the block numbers they received payment from within a specific payout (one of the many implemented statistics upgrades that aims to give more detail in an easier to use way to our miners) has been getting backed up in certain cases when the miner doesn't get payouts for an extended period of time, thus causing the txt sent in the stat message to exceed the txt character limit within BURST's messaging system.

We are currently cloning the server VM over to another host in order to diagnose and repair the issue. None of the payouts that haven't been sent, are lost. They are simply awaiting the ability to be processed without error.

Once this is resolved, I'm hoping to at the same time, move the server over permanently to haitch's new amazing cluster of sweet hardware, and allow for an extremely extended capacity for miners to the pool, as well as a large performance increase. Smiley

Not 100% certain if the new cluster is available yet, but it will be very soon if not now, so we'll just have to see! But either way, the issue is being resolved, and the pool should experience little to no downtime during the repair. Thanks!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:29:44 AM

Just to elaborate on Crowetic's post a little.

The payout issue is related to the message that was included with the payout that listed the blocks that were being paid out for. On some of the smaller miners who would receive infrequent payouts, this list could be very long, and for some exceeded the allowable length of a message - preventing the payout from occurring, and making the list even longer on the next payout attempt. No payouts have been lost, just unable to be sent so far.  As an interim fix the block list in the message will be disabled. This should be a quick fix and involve 5 - 10 minutes downtime.

My cluster that Crowetic mentioned should be going live this weekend, and the pool moving over to it at a later date. This is going to involve a longer downtime as we need to clone the VM from current host to the cluster; and also involves DNS changes that will need to propagate through the global DNS. Downtime will vary depending on your DNS host, but could potentially be between an hour or so and 24 hours.

The cluster that's going is very powerful (72 CPU cores, 192GB RAM, 36 TB Storage), and will have a lot of excess capacity. Anyone who would like to spin up a VM instance for personal or Burst related activities, PM me - the rates will be better than AWS/Digital Ocean etc - with preferential rates for Burst related projects.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Lenore

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:36:33 AM

Sounds awesome I will have to check it out when you get it all transfered over.  Keep us posted.

Also on the next cycle I wanna get with ya Haitch and see what we can do for the Playground on one of your clusters.

RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 08:01:05 AM

I have a few questions on plots.

I have been preparing plots in 1TB chunks to get them up and running rather than filling the whole drive. In running is there any gain or loss in the Plot sizes?

I have two laptops I am preparing plots on, one has a lot more ram than the other so the stagger size can be bigger. Is there any benefit when running in the bigger stagger size and if so any indication of the gain?

My 4TB USB3 drives report typically 20MB/s is this an ok figure or should it be higher and if so any tips on improving it?

Any other tips on creating better plots gratefully received, as I don't want to have to do them all again.  Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 10:12:08 AM

I have been preparing plots in 1TB chunks to get them up and running rather than filling the whole drive. In running is there any gain or loss in the Plot sizes?

I have two laptops I am preparing plots on, one has a lot more ram than the other so the stagger size can be bigger. Is there any benefit when running in the bigger stagger size and if so any indication of the gain?

My 4TB USB3 drives report typically 20MB/s is this an ok figure or should it be higher and if so any tips on improving it?

Any other tips on creating better plots gratefully received, as I don't want to have to do them all again.  Smiley

Rich

Bigger plots with bigger staggers get faster read rates overall. Your USB drive might be plugged into a usb 1/2 port on your PC, you could try
buying a PCI-Ex usb3 expansion card which can help with the read rates.

Another more drastic option is to remove the hard drive from the usb casing and install it like a normal internal sata drive.

riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 10:31:57 AM

lol... so lack of sleep has only PARTIALLY made me stupid... See below...

the last few from ByteEnt payout seemed a little off to me...

2/7/2016 06:51:30  55'530 + 1 BURST-ACGB-YGHQ-G9ZL-5XD7U /
2/7/2016 06:51:30  25'068.71 + 1 BURST-J8HZ-99WH-5B3G-BCRMF /
2/7/2016 06:51:29  123'400 + 1 You /
2/7/2016 06:51:29  154'250 + 1 BURST-WKTT-6SP6-NNFD-6F7MW /

oops... so I'll wait for it to clear, then redistribute, however, this time, I think I'll make sure to not pay the asset issuing account xD

Hi, so the 123'400 was supposed to be part of the dividend? When will this be distributed?

Just want to know so I can get ByteEMini paid out correctly.

Thank you.

RichBC

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:30:01 PM

Rich

Bigger plots with bigger staggers get faster read rates overall. Your USB drive might be plugged into a usb 1/2 port on your PC, you could try
buying a PCI-Ex usb3 expansion card which can help with the read rates.

Another more drastic option is to remove the hard drive from the usb casing and install it like a normal internal sata drive.

Thanks for the info. Drive is plugged up to a USB3 Port. As a matter of interest what sort of reported MB/s are other people getting with an external USB3 Drive?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Lenore

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 04:49:22 PM

Rich

Another thing you can do even though your on a laptop is use Luxe's Miner.  Its GPU supported and works with integrated graphics.  I more then tripled my read speeds by using it.  On my desktop it reads over 100MB per second while on my laptop it reads over 60MB a sec.  Compared to the CPU at 20/sec.

RichBC

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 04:59:13 PM

Another thing you can do even though your on a laptop is use Luxe's Miner.  Its GPU supported and works with integrated graphics.  I more then tripled my read speeds by using it.  On my desktop it reads over 100MB per second while on my laptop it reads over 60MB a sec.  Compared to the CPU at 20/sec.

Yes I had considered that, my Laptop has NVIDIA Quadro 1000M Graphics, however the problem was that I could not work out from the available instructions how to get it running...

Rich

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 05:35:13 PM

I am new to mining and Burst looks like a good place for me to give this a try.  I am trying to figure out how to setup a miner and wallet for my Mac.  Can anyone point me to instructions on how to do this?  I don't see a native wallet for the Mac, so should I set one up on my linux machine and just use the Mac for the mining?  My Mac is the one with the space to try Burst, my other machines really don't have the space to give this a try.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Longsnowsm
FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 07:47:00 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 06:57:07 AM by FrilledShark

I am new to mining and Burst looks like a good place for me to give this a try.  I am trying to figure out how to setup a miner and wallet for my Mac.  Can anyone point me to instructions on how to do this?  I don't see a native wallet for the Mac, so should I set one up on my linux machine and just use the Mac for the mining?  My Mac is the one with the space to try Burst, my other machines really don't have the space to give this a try.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Longsnowsm

As per request.
http://forum.burstcoin.info:4567/topic/41/guides-for-os-x

Updates of my assets.

Margin
We are doing pretty nice, we have almost earned 0.002 bitcoins. This is 1% of the asset holders funds in bitcoin.
Note: More assets have been sold and added to the investment. The bitcoin value of the asset were 0.00129299, which means our total investment is not at 0.30930103BTC. Any bitcoins above the investment is payed to asset holders at end of month.

http://forum.burstcoin.info:4567/topic/35/ann-margin

Vector
block.burstcoin.info is down, it was our main updating site, I was using it to check when the funds was empty on a certain asset . My spreadsheet at tinyurl.com/VectorAsset will not be updated while block.burstcoin is down.
http://forum.burstcoin.info:4567/topic/42/vector

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 07:52:37 PM

-[ANN]- A few suggestions...

1. Please from now on (myself being the reason this is suggested, lol...) post all tech related questions in the forum, afterall, that's why we have it, let us start making more use of it! http://forum.burstcoin.info

2. You can post simple mentions of updates for Asset information here, but please, make them small, and LINK TO FORUM.

3. Lets make this thread something readable, about BURST and related services, to attract people, and not scare them away like the previous thread with thousands of pages. Thank you for your cooperation!

**I will delete posts here with above, but I will also copy them to the forum for the poster if they don't do it themselves within a reasonable amount of time after I or one of the team notifies them to do so. Thanks!**

-[ANN]- a CF for vbcs!

We are going to be starting a CF for vbcs! He is a fantastic developer who has worked tirelessly and without pay for a long time helping BURST and ATs get better! We believe that a CF for him is very important, to spur the development of more AT related awesomeness, as mentioned by CIYAM...

Quote from:  from: CIYAM on February 05, 2016, 03:57:38 PM

Guys - after the fuck up with the marketing stuff previously perhaps look at trying to get an article about AT ACCT published via this: http://cointelegraph.com/news/cointelegraph-aspiring-authors-and-bloggers

Also please give @vbcs your support - I have provided him with a new design for AT ACCT that will kick ass but he isn't feeling very loved at the moment (so the work just isn't happening).

You should also keep in mind that Qora is your partner in AT and that the two projects should be trying to help each other (not trying to create any controversy - people can decide which platform they prefer - but if people work together it will benefit all of the platforms).
[/color]

Quote from: daWallet's suggestion

First we should implement it nicely before marketing it right? Vbcs is accepting donations but I think we get more dynamic support here if we make a Crowdfund for him using AT of Burst.

I propose a crowdfund of 5 Million in 2 weeks to get things going finally.

[/color]

also, if you'd like to directly donate to vbcs...

Quote from: Here is vbcs' address:
BURST-NUFU-7PX7-KHVM-7EMNC
[/color][/size]

--as soon as I get my new wallet VM up and running, I will be the first to kick off the donating, and send 500k his way. I will reply here with blockchain link when it is complete. Hopefully we all take into consideration the amount of work vbcs has done for our coin, and follow my lead with donating! The CF will be up shortly as well, and I will post a link to it... I may just start the CF then donate, just depends.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 12:38:35 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2016, 01:02:41 AM by daWallet

Burst Client for Windows Version 0.2.0.2 is out now! (for Burst Wallet 1.2.3)

Changes:

+ no admin rights needed anymore (!)
+ hardend against java errors (thanks haitch)

Features:
+ easy plotting and mining! (64bit and 32bit)
+ GPU assisted mining (Luxes' miner) available! (new)
+ Minimize to tray
+ Wallet/Passphrase Manager
+ Switch between Online and Local Wallet
+ Crowdfunding & Lotteries

https://sourceforge.net/projects/burstwindowswallet/files/latest/download

https://github.com/dawallet/burstwindowswallet

This time I recommend a deinstall of the old version. The new version will be installed in:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet  (folder is hidden)

You have to copy your passphrase(s) and the blockchain (burst_db folder) from /program files (x86)/BURST Wallet/
to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet  if you want to keep them.

New users don't have to mind. Install and go...

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 01:03:54 AM

For all Firefox user and Burst trader out there:

We got added to the Firefox Bitcoin Price Ticker Addon!

Check it out!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bitcoin-price-ticker/

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 01:58:46 AM

The payout issue is related to the message that was included with the payout that listed the blocks that were being paid out for. On some of the smaller miners who would receive infrequent payouts, this list could be very long, and for some exceeded the allowable length of a message - preventing the payout from occurring, and making the list even longer on the next payout attempt. No payouts have been lost, just unable to be sent so far.  As an interim fix the block list in the message will be disabled. This should be a quick fix and involve 5 - 10 minutes downtime.

The pool fix has been applied and all the stuck payouts have now been processed.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:37:30 AM

Finally, nice to see a new OP. Now let's see how far this goes Cool
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:08:29 AM

Burst Client for Windows Version 0.2.0.2 is out now! (for Burst Wallet 1.2.3)

Changes:

+ no admin rights needed anymore (!)
+ hardend against java errors (thanks haitch)

Features:
+ easy plotting and mining! (64bit and 32bit)
+ GPU assisted mining (Luxes' miner) available! (new)
+ Minimize to tray
+ Wallet/Passphrase Manager
+ Switch between Online and Local Wallet
+ Crowdfunding & Lotteries

https://sourceforge.net/projects/burstwindowswallet/files/latest/download

https://github.com/dawallet/burstwindowswallet

This time I recommend a deinstall of the old version. The new version will be installed in

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet  (folder is hidden)

You have to copy your passphrase(s) and the blockchain (burst_db folder) from /program files (x86)/BURST Wallet/
to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\BurstWallet  if you want to keep them.

New users don't have to mind. Install and go...

Nice work all this one and the past release really make it easier and user friendly. I have notice a much improved plotting time and quicker interface.
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 07:42:36 AM

For all Firefox user and Burst trader out there:

We got added to the Firefox Bitcoin Price Ticker Addon!

Check it out!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bitcoin-price-ticker/

Great news!

Note - I'll start the CF for vbcs tomorrow, I am always so busy... also, since  I've had these issues with the wallet and so much time has gone passed since the payout for ByteEnt, I'm going to put the rest of the current month's payout into the next month payout, plus another 100k for the issue.

Hopefully that is alright with everyone Wink

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: