Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346482 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dalistar

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:52:04 AM

I think the money would be better spent on more harddisc space. As long as you are going USB3 or direct SATA, a decent computer should be able to get through the drives in not much time. I am through my roughly 20TB on each box in a minute or less, even using the reference java client. I have one java miner running for each drive, so they run in parrallel and get eaten quite fast.

A good GPU second hand will cost less than a 4TB drive - I've got some R9-280X's going for $150 shipped if anyone is after one.

Round times vary, but on the last block one of my miners did 36TB in 21 seconds, another did 55TB in 45 seconds. All the parallelism is in the client, so one instance can mine 10 drives.

H.

By the way your price of used gpu is veey high

New R280x price almost 140 usd
take alook
http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=524333051092&sid=caceddf427fdad5968261e3588879e95&rn=b8226de67e4df219fa5740496840840e&abtest=22
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:55:37 AM

I think the money would be better spent on more harddisc space. As long as you are going USB3 or direct SATA, a decent computer should be able to get through the drives in not much time. I am through my roughly 20TB on each box in a minute or less, even using the reference java client. I have one java miner running for each drive, so they run in parrallel and get eaten quite fast.

A good GPU second hand will cost less than a 4TB drive - I've got some R9-280X's going for $150 shipped if anyone is after one.

Round times vary, but on the last block one of my miners did 36TB in 21 seconds, another did 55TB in 45 seconds. All the parallelism is in the client, so one instance can mine 10 drives.

H.

take alook
http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=524333051092&sid=caceddf427fdad5968261e3588879e95&rn=b8226de67e4df219fa5740496840840e&abtest=22

Not really, cheaper than an R9-280X with a "Buy It Now" on eBay.com

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=r9-280x&_sop=15

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
dalistar

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:58:34 AM

H.

take alook

Not really, cheaper than an R9-280X with a "Buy It Now" on eBay.com

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=r9-280x&_sop=15

You use it to mine which algo ?
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:02:41 AM

Who is burst support in this topic ?
How to calculate Hdd  reward without cpu or gpu mining

Why gpu will speed up mining ?
Why need to use cpu and gpu mining if make hdd mining ?

I think this mining need to eat up all hdd cpu gpu .... computer will be very slow

I think no useful mine this coin .. can use gpu and cpu to mine other coins similar xmr is more better and profitable

I think there's a slight misunderstanding. Your "hashrate" is the amount of "plots" you make. Plots are just files which use up your hdd space. In order to "mine" with these plots however, they must be read using either a cpu or a gpu. Due to the fact that burst uses deadlines to pick a block winner, the faster you can read your plots, the better your chance of being able to read all of them and win the block. For example you have a 10 second deadline, but it takes you 20 seconds to read all your plots. Before you get to that 10 second deadline, someone could find a 15 second deadline and win the block. There's then nothing you can do, you had a better deadline, but you didn't submit it to the network in time.

This is why it's good to use a gpu to speed up mining Cheesy Anyway, here's a calculator: http://burstcoin.biz/calculator

Never thought of it that way.   Emm.   Guess im gonna be buying a new GPU.  What would you recommend?

Well no need for a GPU.   I just used my integrated.   On the intelIi am pulling over 100MB/s compared to 30MB/s and on the radeon R5 I am up to over 60MBs up from 15-20MBs  running 6TB in under 22 secs now instead of 125 secs.

Thanks Luxe im using the miner you posted with the GPU support.

haitch

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:25:37 AM

You use it to mine which algo ?

GPU assisted Burst mining.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:40:23 AM

Anyone already test mined  for three days or more ?
Let give notices
 1 _ How long time mined .
2 _ avarage daily coin reward .
3 _ how much shared TB
4 _ use which kind of GPU or CPU
5_ how much percent CPU GPU busy time
6_internet connection speed used
7_ uptime

Then we can make a good review about mining this coin and see if really it is profitable or no

Somebody wrote this , everyone feel free to update :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_ZTY_IUudTEtz96I9w7ExrimI-HBScHr5hh0wSn1R8/edit?usp=sharing

dalistar

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 06:37:47 AM

Let give notices
3 _ how much shared TB
7_ uptime

Then we can make a good review about mining this coin and see if really it is profitable or no

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q_ZTY_IUudTEtz96I9w7ExrimI-HBScHr5hh0wSn1R8/edit?usp=sharing

me i wrote this ,,, but you did great job  Wink
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 08:08:16 AM

Let give notices
3 _ how much shared TB
7_ uptime

me i wrote this ,,, but you did great job  Wink

hah, nice. Let's play 'guess that miner!'

number 1 is.... pinball!

the idiot with 12000 stagger... crowetic! lol... Yea, so what, I plotted the drives on second week or so of BURST's existence, had pretty much no clue what I was doing, and am still to this day too lazy to replot.

The whole point of this should be... BURST MINING TAKES NO POWER AT ALL. Seriously, the usage is so minimal, if you're someone who leaves their computer on all day anyway, you're literally not going to even notice the difference. I'm 200 percent sure of that.

Not only that, but with the release of the GPU assisted miner, (thank you luxe Smiley), if you're not using your main disk (OS drive) to mine, there's literally no feel in difference in the machine (as far as I can tell... but my computers are pretty nice, and one of them I don't use other than as a miner...)

The thing is... I don't really understand what is keeping people from at least giving it a shot, and why the hell more people aren't super interested in the idea, and telling everyone they meet (yes, I do, no, people don't usually have any clue what I'm talking about, but no, I don't care either and continue to tell them regardless...lol.)

But yea, this should've been so much bigger by now, literally blows my mind that it isn't. Don't people realize that BTC mining and the like, is not good for... well, anything aside from securing the blockchain? I mean, come on, that much power usage and BTC is still not even known about by 90 percent of the world... okay, MAYBE 75, but that's a huge over estimation on the plus BTC side... just imagine when it gets more well known and more huge operations come up, or when more alts come with other algos to mine, that also take power in such a way... I don't know the stats here but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the power usage has gotta be bad in some if not many aspects...

This power has to come from somewhere, right? Last I checked renewable sources were few and far between, and most didn't generate nearly enough to fully power a scenario that could run a large BTC farm or GPU mining facility...

PLUS, who the hell doesn't have some free HDD space somewhere, on some stupid little device, lying around doing nothing, and/or, just a data drive they use 3x GB of for pictures of their cat, and have the remaining of a 5 TB data drive sitting there, on a system that is running all day because OMG FACEBOOK OMG... Huh

Is it REALLY that hard to see the reason that BURST (in even such a single-category-comparison when ALL categories are vastly improved...) is better than BTC, by a whole heck of a lot? (Yea, I know, you won't become rich from BURST, at least not right now, but getting the word out could potentially change that...)

Then, put on top of all of this, Automated Transactions (which have insanely untapped resources, and even techie genius types are sitting in awe of the tech...) that have been fully functioning so much longer (first, in fact) than any other, and still likely to be the only true iteration available... that along with QORA, which, by the way, we've already transferred BURST to QORA DIRECTLY VIA A CROSS BLOCKCHAIN TRANSFER...

The list literally goes on and on... but yet, here we are in the corner of the net, not being seen and not being known about. Such a perplexing scenario...

I ask here, who else believes as I do? If you do, what are your plans to help BURST get to the place we believe it should be? One of mine is above, and many of my others are running, and have been, since basically the coin's inception...

I will do all that I can to make sure there are continual projects for the benefit of this awesome technology.

(sorry, I kinda let this post get a little long, but what can I say, I'm pretty passionate about the possibility within BURST.)

congrats to whomever finishes reading this post. hah. I should probably go to sleep.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
pinballdude

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:30:42 AM

I am the three computers using the original java miner. It just shows that no matter what you do, you get pretty decent mining times, two of my computers are finished after 60 seconds, the last one after 90 seconds for some strange reason. One was plotting with 6 cpu cores, and the two others were copying data from one to the other, so they could probably go faster if i timed them when they were not busy doing other things.

to whomever finishes reading this post. hah. I should probably go to sleep.

do i win a prize?
crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 08:34:31 AM

I am the three computers using the original java miner. It just shows that no matter what you do, you get pretty decent mining times, two of my computers are finished after 60 seconds, the last one after 90 seconds for some strange reason. One was plotting with 6 cpu cores, and the two others were copying data from one to the other, so they could probably go faster if i timed them when they were not busy doing other things.

to whomever finishes reading this post. hah. I should probably go to sleep.

do i win a prize?

Sure you can have a prize, you're already part of the best crypto coin around! you win!

ah, right, that first must be vax then?

Yea, seriously you can't ruin BURST mining no matter how hard you try.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
pinballdude

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:39:28 AM

ah, right, that first must be vax then?

Yea, seriously you can't ruin BURST mining no matter how hard you try.

vaxman has been with us for a very long time, i remember those specs from when the spreadsheet looked a lot different. he reveals himself in the notes in the spreadsheet.

equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 10:13:03 AM

I don't really understand what is keeping people from at least giving it a shot, and why the hell more people aren't super interested in the idea, and telling everyone they meet
It's a java implementation of a cryptocurrency - don't you see the controversial?

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
dalistar

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 03:19:59 PM

number 1 is.... pinball!

the idiot with 12000 stagger... crowetic! lol... Yea, so what, I plotted the drives on second week or so of BURST's existence, had pretty much no clue what I was doing, and am still to this day too lazy to replot.

The whole point of this should be... BURST MINING TAKES NO POWER AT ALL. Seriously, the usage is so minimal, if you're someone who leaves their computer on all day anyway, you're literally not going to even notice the difference. I'm 200 percent sure of that.

Not only that, but with the release of the GPU assisted miner, (thank you luxe Smiley), if you're not using your main disk (OS drive) to mine, there's literally no feel in difference in the machine (as far as I can tell... but my computers are pretty nice, and one of them I don't use other than as a miner...)

The thing is... I don't really understand what is keeping people from at least giving it a shot, and why the hell more people aren't super interested in the idea, and telling everyone they meet (yes, I do, no, people don't usually have any clue what I'm talking about, but no, I don't care either and continue to tell them regardless...lol.)

But yea, this should've been so much bigger by now, literally blows my mind that it isn't. Don't people realize that BTC mining and the like, is not good for... well, anything aside from securing the blockchain? I mean, come on, that much power usage and BTC is still not even known about by 90 percent of the world... okay, MAYBE 75, but that's a huge over estimation on the plus BTC side... just imagine when it gets more well known and more huge operations come up, or when more alts come with other algos to mine, that also take power in such a way... I don't know the stats here but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the power usage has gotta be bad in some if not many aspects...

This power has to come from somewhere, right? Last I checked renewable sources were few and far between, and most didn't generate nearly enough to fully power a scenario that could run a large BTC farm or GPU mining facility...

PLUS, who the hell doesn't have some free HDD space somewhere, on some stupid little device, lying around doing nothing, and/or, just a data drive they use 3x GB of for pictures of their cat, and have the remaining of a 5 TB data drive sitting there, on a system that is running all day because OMG FACEBOOK OMG... Huh

Is it REALLY that hard to see the reason that BURST (in even such a single-category-comparison when ALL categories are vastly improved...) is better than BTC, by a whole heck of a lot? (Yea, I know, you won't become rich from BURST, at least not right now, but getting the word out could potentially change that...)

Then, put on top of all of this, Automated Transactions (which have insanely untapped resources, and even techie genius types are sitting in awe of the tech...) that have been fully functioning so much longer (first, in fact) than any other, and still likely to be the only true iteration available... that along with QORA, which, by the way, we've already transferred BURST to QORA DIRECTLY VIA A CROSS BLOCKCHAIN TRANSFER...

The list literally goes on and on... but yet, here we are in the corner of the net, not being seen and not being known about. Such a perplexing scenario...

I ask here, who else believes as I do? If you do, what are your plans to help BURST get to the place we believe it should be? One of mine is above, and many of my others are running, and have been, since basically the coin's inception...

I will do all that I can to make sure there are continual projects for the benefit of this awesome technology.

(sorry, I kinda let this post get a little long, but what can I say, I'm pretty passionate about the possibility within BURST.)

congrats to whomever finishes reading this post. hah. I should probably go to sleep.

Nice man I like your speaking way .... you are great

To tell you story ... I like this hdd mining .... super like
I heard before in driveshare.org .. then I directly rent dedicated server with 4 TB ... I will not say how much I pay for this per month
Then finally I find if I mine over the month I will make 0.05 usd per day it is 1.5 usd per month

You will ask me why I did this very quickly ...
Because they put in there website ine calculator if you type 1000 gb you will get profit 30 usd per month ... here sure I no pay electric because it is dedicated server and uptime 99.9 % with 100 mbit connection speed ...
But no gpu inside .. it is built in vga card

So ... I saw this 1000 gb can make 30 usd per month
I added 4 x 1 TB so it is 30 x 4 =120 usd .... can make a little profit ... but later can add more hdd in server and rent other dedicated server and so on ...

Finally I saw what they said ... it is testing time ... just testingntime and give people some rewards and they let us buy there coin 10.000 sjcx to join the team ... 10.000 sjcx cost like 170 usd ... also I bought

Finally I will do all of these and get 1.5 for my four TB hard disk .... reward haha

For this reason ... I asked here too much .... before I start...because I dont want to keep my computer turn on.... very hate fan voice

And can invest money to rent dedicated server with hard disks ....

So ..sorry for my too much question aboit rewards
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:33:51 PM

Just to drop in and say hello friends.
From me lets put that 3BTC wall on poloniex for happy new tread Smiley

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 04:20:29 AM

Just to drop in and say hello friends.
From me lets put that 3BTC wall on poloniex for happy new tread Smiley

Well hello back.   Glad to you stopped by.

I am starting to see a few issues that may be causing the price of Burst to stay low.  And I would guess that unless there is a change then it will not go all that much higher.  We need changes.  I am sure others agree.

1.  Price verses cost of miner setup.  HDD arent cheap for anything worth while.  And the average computer has between 500-1000gb.  Which you can mine with.  But you can not expect much from mining unless you are lucky.  Buying additional HDDs or other media isn't really that cheap.  I just recently upgraded to 6.1TB.  Yeah my deadlines have improved and I still get coins.  But no where in the amount to make back my ROI anytime soon.  Seems the difficulty for the little guys will not pay enough to get anyone that has a brain in on Burst that is looking for any kind of profit.  Unless they like the concept as I do.  If I didn't like the concept I wouldn't be here. I would be playing with another coin.

2. Not having an active dev to develop something new is a killer to anyone that has been around the coin game for a while.  I know Crowetic has mentioned that Burst in back in development.  Unless I am wrong here. As I am from time to time.  People that know or think there is no core team will stay away from this coin because they see it has not having a future.  Which the way things are right now.  Burst does not. As I said as of now. Not saying that it will not.  But what happens when all the coins have been mined as a few have mentioned.  Receiving transactions fees will not be worth it at the price it is now.  What kind of fees can be earned will be another question.  We will have to find out.  I would assume.

3. Empty blocks.  I have been watching the blockchain and see a LOAD of emtpy block.  With no transactions.  This shows that there are times that Burst is not being traded.  This is a downfall and has killed hundreds of other currencies.  Some may not agree with me on this but you can tell alot from watching amounts in a blockchain.  Some people even use this way of thinking to buy shorts or longs as it is a way to guess at what the price may hit using an equation.  Some have used this idea for their shorts and longs.  You can find a pattern.  Know when the heaviest traffic is online and trading. and a load of other things.  Just means to me that Burst isnt highly active.  I am also talking about the blocks that only have like 100 Burst in them.  In my mind it rounds down to 0.  and still looks empty.  Anyone following me on what I am saying?  Pretty much activity is low compared to other coins.

4. Mining solo.  Cant be done unless you have a massive amount of HDD space.  With the current diff you have to be extremely lucky.  And if you are.  you are awarded 4,801 Burst coins.  Which is at current price (17) only 81,617 sats.  You would be better off mining BCN or something with your CPU.  Unless you are willing to buy $20k or more worth of HDDs it really is not worth it.  and even then your ROI increases and who is to tell when that would be recovered.

5. Pool mining is great.  There only seems to be a handful of pools that are active.  I seen one yesterday from Italy that had only like 7 people mining in there.  There rules stated all round shares reset after 97 rounds with no blocks found. OK.  So these people seem to not be mining anything unless they have something heavy to contribute or get lucky.  And yet again they have to split there shares by pool rules.  Making hardly anything.  I know in mid to short term.  Mining period is not worth it.  If you had to purchase all you HDD space.  Again the ROI figures in and you have to see how long it would take to even get a tiny return.  So some of these people are getting only like lets say 1200 coins aday.  That only comes out to around 20,400 sats a day.  At that rate it would take you ages to earn a single BTC.  4,901.2 days at current rate if they only mined 1,200 coins aday. That is a little over 13 years.  Trust me people see this and stay away.  I am on Ninja currently with the 6.1TB and I am seeing only around 300-600 coins per day.  at the 600 per day that takes me to 26 years to earn a single BTC.  That would put me around 60 years old.   Roll Eyes
Again not worth it for anyone unless they have a large farm or like the concept.

6. Setup of the wallet and mining.   Some hate it.  Absolutely hate it.  I have read this many times.  And there are guides but they do not go into    details as some need.  It isn't all that simple for someone who has no idea about Java or how to modify a .bat.  There should be GUI that is more user friendly.  I know that would give us a better standing with a few out there and may have a huge impact on new Bursters.  I am sure there have been at least a few that have just given up because they couldn't get it to work correctly.

7.  Now please don't bash me for this but I have to mention it.  As it does have an impact.  When I am sitting watching the winners of block on Ninja.  I see one name over and over again.  Today at one time there were 14 out of 20 blocks that were mined by a single person.  I am sure you know who I am talking about.  I am not bashing him.  Just have to mention that this is an issue for all of the burst community.  Unless 1 of 3 things were to happen.  1.  He stops solo mining and joins  a large pool to move the burst threw the community.  2.  He stop mining entirely for a bit to drop the difficulty.  3.  He spreads some of his farm out to high end pools.  I do not see the price of Burst moving up much higher then it is currently if one of these do not happen.  Unless there is a major feature added and people get involved.  These coins are suppose to be decentralized.  Doesnt work that well when one person is mining over 1/2 the coins issued in a entire day.  Not healthy for the coin.

Over all The price is at a place that it shouldn't be.  It should be higher.  But there isn't enough Burst being passed around or a reason for people to buy it up.  Their for the Burst price is going to stay close to what it is.  Plain and simple Burst is its way to that dead coin title.  It just hasn't happened yet.  But give it time with no change and it will.  Unless someone has like $10k around to buy up alot of the Burst in the Markets the  price isnt going to high.

I mentioned a few things above.  I know some of you will criticize me on.  But personally I dont care.   Not being mean when saying that but I just don't.  The grim reality is that there needs to be change and unless a few are willing to make the big leaps and do what needs to be done.  Burst is what it is.

The way it sits right now.  Once all the Burst is mined.  The coin will die.  We need reasons for its use.  I know Crowetic mentioned a few things and was wondering why it isn't doing better.  Some of the things I mentioned above are some of the reasons. Why it isnt doing well.

I love Burst and would love to see it do better.  I have loads of ideas and have been working on the Playground.  But I am no where near where I need to be with it for full on live games.  It just takes time and I hope I have enough before less and less people see this coin or get active in this coin.

There are more reasons.  I am sticking around to the end.  I hope we can turn this around.  I have seen new people get interested.  Which is awesome but we need something to offer them. Lets all come together and make Burst better.  We need to.

Praodn my splleing.  I am Illiterate as smoe of yuo konw.

dalistar

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:49:56 AM

Thank you Lenor

That what I am talking about
300 to 400 coins per 6.1 TB ... that is no useful ... just wasting time
Maybe you will lose nothing ... but just keep computer online 24 hours and can't stop it ... this is the bad thing . For not big reward
I told you guys ... 400 or 500 or even 1200 coins is nothing to.waste time and kill your Hdd ... hdd also have age will throw out later
1200 coins is almost 20k sat ... can easly do ten faucet and make it

With his test he have 6.1 TB to get 600 coins so let us see each 1 TB csn get 100 coins per day it is mean 100 coins at this cheap rate is 1700 sat..... as said one fauct now can make 3000 sat and need from your time less than 3 min to solve captcha

It is not worth to waste your HDD ... computer time .... mind thinking ... as I said before ... I am out .... because I have mind ..... good luck for everyone
pinballdude

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:41:32 AM

I am starting to see a few issues that may be causing the price of Burst to stay low.  And I would guess that unless there is a change then it will not go all that much higher.  We need changes.  I am sure others agree.

1.  Price verses cost of miner setup.  HDD arent cheap for anything worth while.  And the average computer has between 500-1000gb.  Which you can mine with.  But you can not expect much from mining unless you are lucky.  Buying additional HDDs or other media isn't really that cheap.  I just recently upgraded to 6.1TB.  Yeah my deadlines have improved and I still get coins.  But no where in the amount to make back my ROI anytime soon.  Seems the difficulty for the little guys will not pay enough to get anyone that has a brain in on Burst that is looking for any kind of profit.  Unless they like the concept as I do.  If I didn't like the concept I wouldn't be here. I would be playing with another coin.

most basically, if the reward for mining is low, and people are still mining, the reason can be :
- they are planning a 51% attack ( with burst you need a lot more than 51%, but starting at 51% you can disrupt things a bit)

- they believe the price will go up, so getting the mining stuff operational now, will benefit them in the future ( mine and hold )

- they believe that it is good for the coin to have a hard-to-attack blockchain so they mine at a loss, but feel like taking one for the team

So.. if mining right now is not profitable with burst, it basically just show a lot of confidence in the coin, or people wanting to back the coin even if it cost them some money in the short run.

This is just fine, it would be a lot more problematic if mining was profitable and still nobody was mining. That would mean loss of confidence, non-profitability means lots of confidence.

2. Not having an active dev to develop something new is a killer to anyone that has been around the coin game for a while.  I know Crowetic has mentioned that Burst in back in development.  Unless I am wrong here. As I am from time to time.  People that know or think there is no core team will stay away from this coin because they see it has not having a future.  Which the way things are right now.  Burst does not. As I said as of now. Not saying that it will not.  But what happens when all the coins have been mined as a few have mentioned.  Receiving transactions fees will not be worth it at the price it is now.  What kind of fees can be earned will be another question.  We will have to find out.  I would assume.

'
I don't believe we have our verson of Satoshi Nakamoto, having come back into development. But all the pools, the wallets, the advanced miners, they were coded by ppl who understand the coin, and one of these dudes probably have unoficcially told crowetic they will do some core work. Going forward the coin will likely be a team effort, just like how bitcoin evolved when gavin (from bitcoin) got the control, then created a team of people having access to core.

I agree the coin need some dedication from developers, but we can't really force people to work on the coin unless we pay for it, so we have to see how much effort
come in voluntarily.  As BURST is a copy of NXT with minor changes, most of the core work has been done on NXT, and the mining specific stuff is well understood by many of the developers of specialized miners etc.

If you look at the new original post, it mentions several developers who are working with burst, but right now it seems most of the effort is on non-core stuff, as the
burst core has been doing just fine for many months.

3. Empty blocks.  I have been watching the blockchain and see a LOAD of emtpy block.  With no transactions.  This shows that there are times that Burst is not being traded.  This is a downfall and has killed hundreds of other currencies.  Some may not agree with me on this but you can tell alot from watching amounts in a blockchain.  Some people even use this way of thinking to buy shorts or longs as it is a way to guess at what the price may hit using an equation.  Some have used this idea for their shorts and longs.  You can find a pattern.  Know when the heaviest traffic is online and trading. and a load of other things.  Just means to me that Burst isnt highly active.  I am also talking about the blocks that only have like 100 Burst in them.  In my mind it rounds down to 0.  and still looks empty.  Anyone following me on what I am saying?  Pretty much activity is low compared to other coins.

If you use burst as a store of value, or chain to prove ownership of assets, empty blocks is just fine fine, it is just new hashes on top of old hashes, making the data more and more secure and un-tamperable. It all depends on what aspects of BURST the market find most interesting. Maybe BURST is not perfect for buying a mars bar in a vending machine, so what... if burst is perfect for recording ownership of a luxury yatch, or a car, or a company, then maybe perhaps, that is where the value is.. i have no idea, and only time will tell, burst is quite versatile, almost the swiss army knife of crypto currencies, so whatever the users find useful, BURST will provide... but blockchain will of course reflect how it is being used.

4. Mining solo.  Cant be done unless you have a massive amount of HDD space.  With the current diff you have to be extremely lucky.  And if you are.  you are awarded 4,801 Burst coins.  Which is at current price (17) only 81,617 sats.  You would be better off mining BCN or something with your CPU.  Unless you are willing to buy $20k or more worth of HDDs it really is not worth it.  and even then your ROI increases and who is to tell when that would be recovered.

it's not profitable, but my humble collection of odd disks give me 4 blocks a day usually, and that is okay for me. Back of the napkin calculations tell me that if i reduced my TBs to 15, then i would still more or less average one block a day. And my rigs are far from optimal, i'm running original java miner, HDD's i also need for other stuff, and computers that i just happen to have running 24/7 anyways.

5. Pool mining is great.  There only seems to be a handful of pools that are active.  I seen one yesterday from Italy that had only like 7 people mining in there.  There rules stated all round shares reset after 97 rounds with no blocks found. OK.  So these people seem to not be mining anything unless they have something heavy to contribute or get lucky.  And yet again they have to split there shares by pool rules.  Making hardly anything.  I know in mid to short term.  Mining period is not worth it.  If you had to purchase all you HDD space.  Again the ROI figures in and you have to see how long it would take to even get a tiny return.  So some of these people are getting only like lets say 1200 coins aday.  That only comes out to around 20,400 sats a day.  At that rate it would take you ages to earn a single BTC.  4,901.2 days at current rate if they only mined 1,200 coins aday. That is a little over 13 years.  Trust me people see this and stay away.  I am on Ninja currently with the 6.1TB and I am seeing only around 300-600 coins per day.  at the 600 per day that takes me to 26 years to earn a single BTC.  That would put me around 60 years old.   Roll Eyes
Again not worth it for anyone unless they have a large farm or like the concept.

pool mining is a fantastic gamification of the mining process, and for some, it is an easier thing to set up than solo mining. Creators of pool software and runners of BURST pools have my deepest respect.  But i don't see why bitladen shoudl go pool mining. It would just be an overhead for him, and it would clutter up the blockchain with transactions. We should be grateful that we have a hash sponsor that ( until now ) has been shown to be benevolent and not abusing his potential power. However, statements in the past are tainting, and i fear that one day bitladen gets bored and try to crash BURST with his majority mining power. Should it happen, we can always start a new BURST from the block before he took control and see where the users go.

6. Setup of the wallet and mining.   Some hate it.  Absolutely hate it.  I have read this many times.  And there are guides but they do not go into    details as some need.  It isn't all that simple for someone who has no idea about Java or how to modify a .bat.  There should be GUI that is more user friendly.  I know that would give us a better standing with a few out there and may have a huge impact on new Bursters.  I am sure there have been at least a few that have just given up because they couldn't get it to work correctly.

not me to judge, but i agree a burst wallet , plotter, and miner should be install and forget. Only user interaction should be where you type in how much % diskspace you want burst to use on the various drives.( or 0 for not mining ). and a dropdown where you could select what pool to use, or go solo. Then the software should figure out the rest.  A really cool wallet/miner would even remove plots if disk space became sparse so you never even knew it was there in the first place.

I modified the .bat and .sh files to work in my settings, and it was not something someone without shell / cmd experience could do unattended.

So i agree that effort should be made in that department, but i also see that this is exactly where all the developers are developing. not core, but utilities , pools and wallets - so all is good.

7.  Now please don't bash me for this but I have to mention it.  As it does have an impact.  When I am sitting watching the winners of block on Ninja.  I see one name over and over again.  Today at one time there were 14 out of 20 blocks that were mined by a single person.  I am sure you know who I am talking about.  I am not bashing him.  Just have to mention that this is an issue for all of the burst community.  Unless 1 of 3 things were to happen.  1.  He stops solo mining and joins  a large pool to move the burst threw the community.  2.  He stop mining entirely for a bit to drop the difficulty.  3.  He spreads some of his farm out to high end pools.  I do not see the price of Burst moving up much higher then it is currently if one of these do not happen.  Unless there is a major feature added and people get involved.  These coins are suppose to be decentralized.  Doesnt work that well when one person is mining over 1/2 the coins issued in a entire day.  Not healthy for the coin.

bitladen usually sells his burst as soon as he mine them. This keeps the price down, but reduces his risk. He is the one to decide what is best for him, and either way to do it ( mine and hold, vs mine and sell ) has its own advantages and disadvantages for the miner, and for the community..  but as long as bitladin is mining and selling he is in fact making burst much more distributed than it would otherwise be. All i mine end up in my safe wallet. I'm not distributing at all.... but my hoarding keeps the price up due to no selling pressure from my 16K burst a day on average.

The way it sits right now.  Once all the Burst is mined.  The coin will die.  We need reasons for its use.  I know Crowetic mentioned a few things and was wondering why it isn't doing better.  Some of the things I mentioned above are some of the reasons. Why it isnt doing well.

when all BURST is mined, block reward from transactions will be like perhaps 10 burst with the current traffic ( likely higher than that, but who knows ). This will mean that the most cost sensitive miners will go away, and the remaining miners will make more or less what they make now, so no big deal for the miners.

The users, however, will have a coin will less security, as it will be easier (cheaper) to take over the blockchain if not much mining is going on. If things does not match up at all, users and miners will probably agree on an increase of the minimum fee, to make mining more profitable.

FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 05:56:27 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2016, 06:24:50 PM by FrilledShark

Hello everyone.

I will be removing the POA feature from Vector, nobody was using it.
I have also changed the margin from 1 burst to 2 burst.

I will be adding a new asset to our collection.
Currently it has around 0.1 bitcoins backing it and working.
I would like to [ANN] this asset on the forum, but i have lost the link  Grin, is there a chance that anyone have it? I would also like to see the op update the links to the forum. The owner of burstcoin.info should do the same. (Btw i like the new design)

Edit: Thank Haitch

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
Bitcoineer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:59:57 PM

nice to see that something is being done with burst!
haitch

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:03:27 PM

Hello everyone.

I will be removing the POA feature from Vector, nobody was using it.
I have also changed the margin from 1 burst to 2 burst.

I will be adding a new asset to our collection.
Currently it has around 0.1 bitcoins backing it and working.
I would like to [ANN] this asset on the forums, but i have lost the link  Grin, is there a chance that anyone have it? I would also like to see the op update the links to the forum. The owner of burstcoin.info should do the same. (Btw i like the new design)

Burst-Team Asset Forum: http://forum.burstcoin.info:4567/category/6/asset-exchange

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: