Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:54:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346483 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:28:56 PM

Hi,

This project is very interesting. Just 3 questions.

1. Will burst be less desirable now there are coins that store useful data
2. Can burst be tweaked to store useful data
3. It seems to use a lot of BW? how much BW will storing 50TB of data require in 24 hours?

I was hoping to plug some external drives into the mining rigs to mine this whilst they are on.

haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:07:05 PM

Hi,

3. It seems to use a lot of BW? how much BW will storing 50TB of data require in 24 hours?

I was hoping to plug some external drives into the mining rigs to mine this whilst they are on.

1) Don't know.
2) Not currently.
3) It uses minuscule bandwidth to mine. A wireshark trace I took showed mining a 20TB plot for one round produced less than 5KB of network traffic. You could mine on a dial up link.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:20:48 PM

Thanks, but I meant the deferred pauouts of the pool. When I went to sleep, it was 7000-something and as of now they are 8127.

Surely, all this info could be put down on a simple, static html, linked from the pool.

I assume this is the total of all the individual miner Deferred Payouts? So it will of course be constantly changing up and down.

Rich

Absolutly, but I have so far only seen it grow larger. 8594 now.

OK it goes up and down, currently at 8467. I think the exact size will be a function of the current Reward for a Block * number of confirmations before a payment is made?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:13:30 PM

Hi,

1) Don't know.
2) Not currently.
3) It uses minuscule bandwidth to mine. A wireshark trace I took showed mining a 20TB plot for one round produced less than 5KB of network traffic. You could mine on a dial up link.

H.

I think storing "useful" data within the plots is something which requires drastical bandwidth usage.
In the past this discussion lasted over several pages in the original announce thread with these results if i remember correctly:
-plots may store user data after a redesign of the mining algorythm and coin design
-the miners would require much bandwidth to serve the files
-there was no consensus about how many copies of the data shall exist and how many should be assumed as secure if you want to access your files later
-there are other coins focusing to act as cloud storage provider

i think if you really want to only store data simply use mega and encrypt your stuff. this has for me the same reliance as a crypto coin archiving your files. 

Turn0ff

Activity: 306

For Sell

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:50:29 PM

Are miners coming back...?

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:33:24 AM

Hi,

1) Don't know.
2) Not currently.

H.

That's very strange someone told me that having 50TB stored would be gigs per of transfer per day.

Okay great. Time to start mining. I think the concept is amazing. Weird not tons of clones already.

pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:53:18 AM

Hi,

1. What makes burst special is all the stuff we got from NXT as well as a few extra bells and whistles that has been added to burst, that NXT lack. The end user might not care that much if burst was mined with ASIC, GPU, CPU or harddisks - but it seems that harddisk mining spreads the mining out on more people, as it is easier to get a meaningful return wo burning a lot of watts, so ppl with expensive electricity can join the mining.The coin might be considered safer than coins with more concentrated mining. BURST is not (yet) about storing data, but should this be implemented we'd have a running start as the network is already larger than most other coins storing data, which are only in beta. We've been with between 4 and 10 petabytes for a long time (4000 to 10000 terabytes)

2. I think what burst could do is to introduce data plots as well as mining plots so miners can decide either to mine or to store data or both. The advantage is that we already have a real friggin' big lot of harddrive space with BURST, so should we start doing data, capacity will be awesome compared to the competition.

3. I haven't bothered measuring, but personally with 80+TB i never have issues with bandwidth. The mining is exceptionally smart designed, your computer read a small part of your plots from your drives, which gives you a deadline time, say 3 minutes.. computer just wait until 3 mintes have passed and only if nobody else have started a new block, computer do the block and send it to the network... so unless you have the best deadline, the only network traffic computer need, is for wallet to get new blocks and sync up with other wallets..   You will spend a good bit of disk-bus bandwith inside the pc, reading data off disks though, but only once every 4 minutes or thereabouts and then only for 30-40 seconds, if you use USB3 or SATA. (at least that's my timings with up to 8TB large disks).

If you are on windows and go 20TB plus per box you might start having fun with some bad design in the windows OS, where it seems windows disk cache does not release memory as fast as it uses it, slowing down the system, using lots of RAM, swapping out important stuff. W10 is much better than W7 with this, but can still be troublesome, you will have to tweak stuff a bit to get it to run smoothly, but only if you go way high on number of disks and terabytes, i guess 20TB+ is where the first problems kick in, on some rigs, not on others.

BurstDevTeam

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:18:56 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2016, 09:38:29 AM by BurstDevTeam

Hi,

2. I think what burst could do is to introduce data plots as well as mining plots so miners can decide either to mine or to store data or both. The advantage is that we already have a real friggin' big lot of harddrive space with BURST, so should we start doing data, capacity will be awesome compared to the competition.

You can see Burst as a measurement and compensation for disk space capacity. The feature/service of data storage doesn't have to be on blockchain. To use the space for data, there has to be a market and a market price. Both are actually featured in Burst.
Imagine User A wants to save 40 TB of data - he can negotiate for example with haitch about storing his useful data instead of mining Burst. User A will pay haitch a compensation for not mining Burst, but storing his data and bandwith. User A chooses haitch because he is mining Burst since XX months with 80 TB 99,9% uptime - logged and proofed by Burst blockchain.
User A can contact haitch by Burst messaging system. He can also go to the decentralized market of Burst and offer money for saving his data. Haitch could do the same, by offering storage on Burst market for money.

Long story short: Burst gives storage capacity a shadow price and brings its own payment system with it. That such trades have not happened tells me that there's no big enough market for this (yet).

Burst on the other hand is disruptive innovation: It offers the same but most important feature: Transactions. Like all the other PoW coins, but Burst is not mined with CPUs, GPUs & ASICs. By mining with disk capacity Burst has much lower operating costs than its competitors and therefore much lower transaction costs in the long run. Also the mining technique favors small miners and therefore decentralization of mining, because of the larger overhead big mining rigs have. Mining equipment is available all over the world and electricity price is not a crucial and centralizing factor.

Burst solves two big problems: doesn't waste energy and keeps being decentralized by design.

- daWallet
RichBC

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:19:38 AM

Burst on the other hand is disruptive innovation: It offers the same but most important feature: Transactions. Like all the other PoW coins, but Burst is not mined with CPUs, GPUs & ASICs. By mining with disk capacity Burst has much lower operating costs than its competitors and therefore much lower transaction costs in the long run. Also the mining technique favors small miners and therefore decentralization of mining, because of the larger overhead big mining rigs have. Mining equipment is available all over the world and electricity price is not a crucial and centralizing factor.

Burst solves two big problems: doesn't waste energy and keeps being decentralized by design.

- daWallet

Ok let's just pretend that Burst becomes very successful, and becomes worthy of significant investment  Smiley How sure are we that the algorithm used for plotting and then scanning the plot cannot be put into an ASIC such that the processes can be done on the fly, negating the need for prior plots and moving it to where other coins are in terms of development and ongoing running costs?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
BurstDevTeam

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:54:33 AM

Ok let's just pretend that Burst becomes very successful, and becomes worthy of significant investment  Smiley How sure are we that the algorithm used for plotting and then scanning the plot cannot be put into an ASIC such that the processes can be done on the fly, negating the need for prior plots and moving it to where other coins are in terms of development and ongoing running costs?

Rich

There is a theoretical possibilty to plot with a FPGA with 5 Watts with similar speed like an i7 CPU. That could be interesting for future Burst Cloud Mining providers - datacenters for example.

On the fly plotting and mining will be always much much more energy wasting than plotting once and reading files from a memory. Even the initial costs of developing and producing ASICs will be higher than buying data storage in the shop next to you.

- daWallet
RichBC

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:24:33 PM

Not sure what's happened on ninja or if it's just my imagination? All of the familiar named Miners seem to have been overtaken by ones  just with Burst addresses and what used to be a sea of blago faces have been replaced by the letter u?

Does someone have a list of the Miners represented by the letters? I can see u, j, p, x and blank?

Rich

Blago

Activity: 416

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:02:20 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 02:47:06 AM by Blago

Not sure what's happened on ninja or if it's just my imagination? All of the familiar named Miners seem to have been overtaken by ones  just with Burst addresses and what used to be a sea of blago faces have been replaced by the letter u?

Does someone have a list of the Miners represented by the letters? I can see u, j, p, x and blank?

Rich

j -  BurstDev's java POCminer
u - Uray's miner   https://github.com/uraymeiviar/burst-miner/blob/master/src/Miner.cpp#L159
b - Luxe's burstcoin-jminer  https://github.com/de-luxe/burstcoin-jminer/blob/master/src/main/java/burstcoin/jminer/core/network/task/NetworkSubmitPoolNonceTask.java#L55
*sun* - Blago's miner  https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst/blob/master/miner.cpp#L1183
x - x0r ARM-mniner by stardust
(also see soft for ARM  https://github.com/kartojal/burst_arm_tools, for android by daWallet https://github.com/dawallet/burst_arm_tools/tree/master/dcct_tools_for_android)
p - mrpsion's burst-mining-system https://github.com/mrpsion/burst-mining-system
*blank* - others

edited

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:26:42 PM

Can someone refresh my memory on plots.

Once a plot file is created  out of all the miner software mentioned above, which ones can be used with the same plot file.
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 06:38:36 PM

x is not from kartojal or me, it's the x0r ARM miner from stardust. At least he uses it. I tried to contact him but not answer. ARM mining means he uses it on Raspberry Pi or even Smartphones.

p is probably this here: https://github.com/mrpsion/burst-mining-system

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
FrilledShark

Activity: 617

I am the signed message, without I am not

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 06:51:33 PM

Can someone refresh my memory on plots.

Once a plot file is created  out of all the miner software mentioned above, which ones can be used with the same plot file.
A plot file can be read by all miners. All plotfiles is created equal. The only difference is the engine (Like java vs C+) and tell the pool the deadlines.

From the other thread
maybe any new assests should require escrow shares held by the burst foundation.

This wouldn't work. The reason behind creating an asset is to provide the owner with some starting funds. If I had 50% of taken from Margin or Vector I would pay 50% less. Simple?
If a escrow could handle distributing the assets, it would preventing a dump by the owner. (Still vulnerable to ICO scam).

Instead:
When creating an asset, you should be able to prove some starting funds, this would kill some plain dumb assets. (Ether guy had none, btw he later created a ponzi based in Ether Wink, also Playground bought zero of his own assets.) You could also request more personal information, like proving an real address (Not cryptocurrency) or having a trusted member see your personal ID (in extreme cases).
I know this would stop many assets, most them would be very simple with no security. Instead assets with better security and concept would rise in their place.

Not very active. Please use PM or email to get a reply from me.
High value lender – Within 24 hours, I can fund your 10 BTC loan. Give me 48 hours and 20 BTC will be ready.
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:33:24 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 02:49:15 AM by Turn0ff

Hi,

You can see Burst as a measurement and compensation for disk space capacity. The feature/service of data storage doesn't have to be on blockchain. To use the space for data, there has to be a market and a market price. Both are actually featured in Burst.
Imagine User A wants to save 40 TB of data - he can negotiate for example with haitch about storing his useful data instead of mining Burst. User A will pay haitch a compensation for not mining Burst, but storing his data and bandwith. User A chooses haitch because he is mining Burst since XX months with 80 TB 99,9% uptime - logged and proofed by Burst blockchain.
User A can contact haitch by Burst messaging system. He can also go to the decentralized market of Burst and offer money for saving his data. Haitch could do the same, by offering storage on Burst market for money.

Long story short: Burst gives storage capacity a shadow price and brings its own payment system with it. That such trades have not happened tells me that there's no big enough market for this (yet).

- daWallet

Very, very interesting! First part never crossed my mind.

As I understand you, we can have a market where you offer storage/bandwith for a price, and ppl looking for storage can post their requirents and price. Data can easely be encrypted by, eg, TrueCrypt. Storage price would also depend on the raid offered.

Wouldn't we all the sudden have a "storage coin", where TB price would be decided by the free market - without doing much at all? A and B's deal and conditions could be put on the chain with a without a third party by AT tech...?

I tweet about BURST @ https://twitter.com/Turn0ff_tweets/with_replies Follow and retweet if you like the focus Smiley
Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:45:37 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2016, 03:04:07 AM by Turn0ff

Not sure what's happened on ninja or if it's just my imagination? All of the familiar named Miners seem to have been overtaken by ones  just with Burst addresses and what used to be a sea of blago faces have been replaced by the letter u?

Rich

I was one in the top with steady payouts but no mre... I have no idea what's the deal, but I noticed my income have droped almost by 50% in a day. But dl are dl...

The top12 on this block use uray's miner, which is a bad miner... Weird.

Turn0ff

For Sell

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:58:12 AM

Thanks, but I meant the deferred pauouts of the pool. When I went to sleep, it was 7000-something and as of now they are 8127.

Surely, all this info could be put down on a simple, static html, linked from the pool.

I assume this is the total of all the individual miner Deferred Payouts? So it will of course be constantly changing up and down.

Rich

Absolutly, but I have so far only seen it grow larger. 8594 now.

OK it goes up and down, currently at 8467. I think the exact size will be a function of the current Reward for a Block * number of confirmations before a payment is made?

Rich

Deferred Payouts: 10654. Is something wrong? It was at 4k whn i noticed it.

Why aren't we paid?

notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:54:47 AM

I know that when the difficulty is high your payout is less. right now their are more miners and the difficulty is almost at 9000. Now too me this feels like the current difficulty of mining bitcoins however you are using less electricity  so this is where it pays off to mine burst.
haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:57:16 AM

Deferred Payouts: 10654. Is something wrong? It was at 4k whn i noticed it.

Why aren't we paid?

Turnoff, most of the deferred payouts are dust payments to very small miners, some miners are winning 0.01 (or less)  burst/round we win. Without rechecking the code, payouts < fee to payout continue to be deferred. The deferred payouts are generally very small, but they do get paid out. For the larger miners you'll see they're all getting paid out at 300+ burst.

Also, there seems to have been a large bump in small miners recently, jumping from ~400 to over 600. Those new small miners will be collecting a lot of small, deferred, payments.

Without knowing your mining ID, I can't comment on your specific case, but you're being paid what you earn.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: