Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell Everything?  (Read 101349 times)
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:35:29 PM

Royal Bank of Scotland economists have urged investors to sell everything except high-quality bonds, warning of a “fairly cataclysmic year ahead.”

Writing in a client note dated Jan. 8, the bank’s European rates research team said that clients should be concentrating on return of capital, not return on capital, and that an ominous outlook to the world economy “all looks similar to 2008.”

The Key Points

• The note is particularly bearish on China and global commodities, and predicts that oil could fall as low as $16 a barrel.
  • In a grim set of predictions, Andrew Roberts, head of European economics, rates & CEEMEA research said that the world has far too much debt to be able to grow well.
  • He also warned that advances in technology and automation are set to wipe out up to half of all jobs in the developed world.
  • The note says equities could fall 10% to 20%.
  • It predicts the year will be spent focusing on how to exit positions that have benefited from long-running QE, including emerging markets, credit and equities.

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/01/12/rbs-warns-sell-everything/?mod=e2fbRBS

A 10 to 20% fall in equities certainly isn't a long shot. QE has produced a long run-up in stock prices, and on average, we see a market correction of 10% every two years and a 20% correction every five years. Still, the advice to "sell everything" seems a bit much.
too quick if we decide to sell everything to make investement on crypto currecny,so far we dont know what will goverment do with this alternate payment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:46:20 PM

I think the halving of Bitcoin would be a good thing. The price is expected to go up. I would recommend the opposite of what OP proposes and buy. The price of bitcoin is going to rise.
Indeed, no you should not sell everything right now because the bitcoin itself has a really good future a head in my opinion.
Its not smart if you think you can make a lot more profit in a couple months when the halving has been done.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:06:33 PM

I think the halving of Bitcoin would be a good thing. The price is expected to go up. I would recommend the opposite of what OP proposes and buy. The price of bitcoin is going to rise.
Indeed, no you should not sell everything right now because the bitcoin itself has a really good future a head in my opinion.
Its not smart if you think you can make a lot more profit in a couple months when the halving has been done.

Sell part of it if you are happy with current price and keep rest for the future as halving will show us some good price so its better to hold for next couple of months.
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:43:47 AM

Sell part of it if you are happy with current price and keep rest for the future as halving will show us some good price so its better to hold for next couple of months.

With the current price at 430 i think its better to hold rather than sell a few amounts,everyday price is going up and everyone is waiting for the halving.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:02:39 AM

I was very scared when halving occurs and prices really rose. then everyone sell all their bitcoin everything?
I can not imagine what will happen after that ?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:12:49 AM

Selling everything is not smart at all in my opinion you can better just invest these days, not sell them.
Also the fact is that if you really need some money you can just sell some bitcoins but not all them, because the halving will let you make a lot more profit.

Bitcoin halving is in this year. So selling is not the right decision at this moment. When you consider investing its better to hold in your wallet and earn profit during price rise.
Niemands

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:21:36 AM

Royal Bank of Scotland economists have urged investors to sell everything except high-quality bonds, warning of a “fairly cataclysmic year ahead.”

Writing in a client note dated Jan. 8, the bank’s European rates research team said that clients should be concentrating on return of capital, not return on capital, and that an ominous outlook to the world economy “all looks similar to 2008.”

The Key Points

• The note is particularly bearish on China and global commodities, and predicts that oil could fall as low as $16 a barrel.
  • In a grim set of predictions, Andrew Roberts, head of European economics, rates & CEEMEA research said that the world has far too much debt to be able to grow well.
  • He also warned that advances in technology and automation are set to wipe out up to half of all jobs in the developed world.
  • The note says equities could fall 10% to 20%.
  • It predicts the year will be spent focusing on how to exit positions that have benefited from long-running QE, including emerging markets, credit and equities.

Source: [Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2016/01/12/rbs-warns-sell-everything/?mod=e2fbRBS

A 10 to 20% fall in equities certainly isn't a long shot. QE has produced a long run-up in stock prices, and on average, we see a market correction of 10% every two years and a 20% correction every five years. Still, the advice to "sell everything" seems a bit much.

Now I'm scared, but it's good for bitcoin, right?

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:33:53 AM

They say buy on the rumor, sell on the news. So sell just before the halving. Waiting for the halving might be too late if people start dumping as it happens. Look at what happened to litecoin - there was a pump before the halving but when it actually happened, people had already dumped.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. If you do decide to sell before the halving, sell a percentage of your holdings - say 50%. That way, you can also benefit in case there is a price rise after the halving.

I know whales will make pressure to make bitcoin raise before the halving,but i believe after a week or a month bitcoin will readjust its value,as miners will maybe stop drop coins on the market making pressure to it up ,soo in my case i will wait if bitcoin doesnt hit 800 dollars before the halving.

The whales are always going to try to buy at a bargain.

I wouldnt be too focused on the whales. Just focus on what you need to do make more bitcoin or fiat money to buy more.
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:43:20 AM

Not an good idea to sell everything now, as the price is relatively low at a moment, will sell of course some part of it if I need it, but maximum amount of bitcoin would be holding for next couple of months.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:51:20 AM

If you have been looking and comparing the charts from the past years, selling everything is a bad choice to make as bitcoin is getting to be know and its price is going up.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:17:10 AM

Its good now to sell everything. Because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem. The value can also be going down.
And that will be not good. The value now isnt even that low so that is also good to sell it. We will see what is going to happen with Bitcoin.   
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:36:52 AM

Its good now to sell everything. Because you never know what will happen with the value later and that is the problem. The value can also be going down.
And that will be not good. The value now isnt even that low so that is also good to sell it. We will see what is going to happen with Bitcoin.   
Have patience mate, you will see better price in next few months, and if you sell now then you would regret in future so its better that you hold it or sell a small amount of it.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:48:40 AM

Have patience mate, you will see better price in next few months, and if you sell now then you would regret in future so its better that you hold it or sell a small amount of it.

the market is never completely predictable so all we can do is to invest what you can afford to lose. you can't just buy bitcoin with all the money you have and then sit there and wait for the price to go up by looking at a monitor all day.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:33:38 AM

They say buy on the rumor, sell on the news. So sell just before the halving. Waiting for the halving might be too late if people start dumping as it happens. Look at what happened to litecoin - there was a pump before the halving but when it actually happened, people had already dumped.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. If you do decide to sell before the halving, sell a percentage of your holdings - say 50%. That way, you can also benefit in case there is a price rise after the halving.
It will be better if you wait a little longer indeed. Because than you can make more money maybe later with Bitcoin.
We all think that it will rise in the future and that will be so good. And the halving is also coming.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:38:10 AM

It will be better if you wait a little longer indeed. Because than you can make more money maybe later with Bitcoin.
We all think that it will rise in the future and that will be so good. And the halving is also coming.

Yes right decision is to hold now and sell it at the time of halving, it will be profitable to wait for next couple of months as it will multiply your profits in a higher way.
Piltover

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:54:19 PM

Its not good to sell everything on this moment. Because we all know that the value will be much more in the future and that can be quite good.
But you never know what will happen, there is also a chance that the value can be down.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:04:34 PM

Its not good to sell everything on this moment. Because we all know that the value will be much more in the future and that can be quite good.
But you never know what will happen, there is also a chance that the value can be down.

do not sell everything just sell a part of it and keep rest safe for the future as the price would be higher at the time of halving  where your can enjoy higher profits.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 07:15:19 PM

Selling everything is in my opinion not to way to make profit because you can make a lot of profit in the future.
We will see it of course because its now still not to predict.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:16:36 PM

Selling everything is in my opinion not to way to make profit because you can make a lot of profit in the future.

It would be a much wiser decision to hold it for a while and sell it at the time of halving if you sell now you won't get higher profits so I think you should wait.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:46:20 AM

It would be a much wiser decision to hold it for a while and sell it at the time of halving if you sell now you won't get higher profits so I think you should wait.

Selling at the time of halving is a wise decision. At present the price is continuously increasing without much decrease, so halving would give big price jump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: