Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell Everything?  (Read 101349 times)
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:48:40 AM

Royal Bank of Scotland economists have urged investors to sell everything except high-quality bonds, warning of a “fairly cataclysmic year ahead.”

Writing in a client note dated Jan. 8, the bank’s European rates research team said that clients should be concentrating on return of capital, not return on capital, and that an ominous outlook to the world economy “all looks similar to 2008.”

The Key Points

• The note is particularly bearish on China and global commodities, and predicts that oil could fall as low as $16 a barrel.
  • In a grim set of predictions, Andrew Roberts, head of European economics, rates & CEEMEA research said that the world has far too much debt to be able to grow well.
  • He also warned that advances in technology and automation are set to wipe out up to half of all jobs in the developed world.
  • The note says equities could fall 10% to 20%.
  • It predicts the year will be spent focusing on how to exit positions that have benefited from long-running QE, including emerging markets, credit and equities.

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/01/12/rbs-warns-sell-everything/?mod=e2fbRBS

A 10 to 20% fall in equities certainly isn't a long shot. QE has produced a long run-up in stock prices, and on average, we see a market correction of 10% every two years and a 20% correction every five years. Still, the advice to "sell everything" seems a bit much.

no i still don't think that we should sell everything, i am more than sure that price won't fall down and bitcoin won't die, price of bitcoin rises each day now because of halving, soon we will go to 430$ and of course we will go to even more than that after halving, so just because of that i don't think that we should sell our bitcoins
Exactly few days before the price was stable, but now we can see a gradual increase day by day, this is all because of halving and after halving we can expect value to be more than $800. So I too thought not to sell any coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 02:53:44 AM

Royal Bank of Scotland economists have urged investors to sell everything except high-quality bonds, warning of a “fairly cataclysmic year ahead.”

Writing in a client note dated Jan. 8, the bank’s European rates research team said that clients should be concentrating on return of capital, not return on capital, and that an ominous outlook to the world economy “all looks similar to 2008.”

The Key Points

• The note is particularly bearish on China and global commodities, and predicts that oil could fall as low as $16 a barrel.
  • In a grim set of predictions, Andrew Roberts, head of European economics, rates & CEEMEA research said that the world has far too much debt to be able to grow well.
  • He also warned that advances in technology and automation are set to wipe out up to half of all jobs in the developed world.
  • The note says equities could fall 10% to 20%.
  • It predicts the year will be spent focusing on how to exit positions that have benefited from long-running QE, including emerging markets, credit and equities.

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/01/12/rbs-warns-sell-everything/?mod=e2fbRBS

A 10 to 20% fall in equities certainly isn't a long shot. QE has produced a long run-up in stock prices, and on average, we see a market correction of 10% every two years and a 20% correction every five years. Still, the advice to "sell everything" seems a bit much.

no i still don't think that we should sell everything, i am more than sure that price won't fall down and bitcoin won't die, price of bitcoin rises each day now because of halving, soon we will go to 430$ and of course we will go to even more than that after halving, so just because of that i don't think that we should sell our bitcoins
Exactly few days before the price was stable, but now we can see a gradual increase day by day, this is all because of halving and after halving we can expect value to be more than $800. So I too thought not to sell any coins.
If the increases can keep moving like this, we're heading into fairly prosperous times and I wouldn't be surprised to see $800. I doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:42:55 AM

Selling every bitcoin that you have at once is not the best thing you can do. It is always better to save some for later because you will never know. The next month the prices can even be higher so can make more money.
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 08:53:10 AM

Selling every bitcoin that you have at once is not the best thing you can do. It is always better to save some for later because you will never know. The next month the prices can even be higher so can make more money.

You can sell all to make profit and then wait for some days for a lower price so that you can still profit when the price goes up this will maximized your earnings.
mickiya

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 09:51:39 AM

You can sell all to make profit and then wait for some days for a lower price so that you can still profit when the price goes up this will maximized your earnings.

If you sell now to make some profit, but then the price goes up after your selling, will you buy back?
Nagadota

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 08:00:27 AM

If you sell now to make some profit, but then the price goes up after your selling, will you buy back?

I think I will just keep all my bitcoins. It is too risky to sell now and buy back at a higher price later.

fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:05:02 PM

If the price is higher then you expected then you should sell or else you should wait for next couple of months, and price fluctuations will always there in bitcoin and no one holds control over it.
rababo

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:35:22 AM

It's not a good move to sell everything. You never know what will happen later.
You could sell some of your bitcoin, and save the rest. The price might be increase higher after you sell it.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:43:38 AM

sell everything commonplace. but if we sell it at high prices. if the price difference is small then you should sell most. think smart and do the right trading.
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:58:14 AM

sell everything commonplace. but if we sell it at high prices. if the price difference is small then you should sell most. think smart and do the right trading.
I think once you buy at a certain price and the price starts to rise. I think I will immediately sell everything.
I'm not a risk taker so waiting for higher prices again. because of the risks to price dropped back always there
 so I prefer a small profit rather than waiting for higher prices that does not necessarily happen
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:05:53 PM

Selling everything is a good if the price is high more than the price you bought your coin and vice versa,to profit a lot we need to sell everything.

To make a quick profit from the coins, its better to sell all when the price is high and then buy again at a lower price. Timing is the key for success in this time of business. Timely descion can make you more profit.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:08:44 PM

Selling everything is a good if the price is high more than the price you bought your coin and vice versa,to profit a lot we need to sell everything.
Selling everything is not always a wise move. Even if the price is high , it is highly likely that it may increase more and afterwards you realized that if you had not sold it before, selling at the present time could have been more fruitful.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:22:54 PM

Selling everything is not always a wise move. Even if the price is high , it is highly likely that it may increase more and afterwards you realized that if you had not sold it before, selling at the present time could have been more fruitful.

Do not sell at current price, and it is always good to sell in small parts rather then selling all at a point, so if you sell in small parts then you always have an opportunity to earn extra profit in future if price goes higher.
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:38:28 PM

To make a quick profit from the coins, its better to sell all when the price is high and then buy again at a lower price. Timing is the key for success in this time of business. Timely descion can make you more profit.

The problem is that theres never knowing if its a good enough lowered price to buy back in.

I had this trouble when I sold some of my coins to test, and see if it dipped $40 difference, but its very hard then most people think.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 10:56:52 PM

yeah timing is key but you now no one knows when bitcoin will stop up or down so people will only predict the price
Of course you have the possibility to lose or big profit. Your calculation is very important for timing

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BitcoinMalaysia

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 11:06:09 PM

It is really hard to predict the tops and bottoms.  I think a better approach is to keep a longer-term investment programme, regardless of the ups and downs. 

Invest globally with bitcoin. Wealthfront for bitcoin.
http://themerkle.com/bitcoin-investment-startup-keza-unveils-ios-beta-app/
https://www.producthunt.com/tech/keza
http://getkeza.com/ (It's free to apply for a Keza account)
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:38:00 PM

No when the price reach to a peak, then we all have not to sell all our coins because with that we ourself will bring the price to down once again and once again everyone will lose faith on it.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 12:27:29 PM

No when the price reach to a peak, then we all have not to sell all our coins because with that we ourself will bring the price to down once again and once again everyone will lose faith on it.
Yes, those people who are just waiting for the price to reach to a high value so as to sell them and use for their needs, they should have to sell all of them.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 12:32:37 PM

Better we follow the trend if people sell their bitcoin when the price of bitcoin increase so high. So, when the price back to normal, you can buy bitcoin again and enjoy your profit.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:25:22 PM

I think selling everything at the right price will make a big profit but not all the high price is the right price to sell.
because it could have been after you sell prices to rise ? who know ?
so it took the right timing to sell everything if you're wrong in time to sell. you will lose a sizable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: