Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARP - Something different - VPN Wallet BETA Release - Bittrex/YoBit  (Read 115956 times)
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 01:27:30 PM

Is shapeshift the only dev working on this?
Or is there a team?

And Slack Invite link isn't working. :/

Don't know but he's certainly eating pop corn and watching the thread because :

Last Active: Today at 12:35:12 PM

It's certainly a strange way to manage a coin!!!lol

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Crypto Nut

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Nutty about Crypto

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:58:51 PM

Is shapeshift the only dev working on this?
Or is there a team?

And Slack Invite link isn't working. :/

Don't know but he's certainly eating pop corn and watching the thread because :

Last Active: Today at 12:35:12 PM

It's certainly a strange way to manage a coin!!!lol

It seems the normal way to handle a coin lately. Create coin, promise lots of great things (price increases, dev sells), Disappears for a few days (price decreases as confidence declines, dev buys), come back (price increases) promise to get back on track with all the great features (prices rises as confidence comes back, dev sells). Dev disappears again. If he made enough money from the first two price rises he will not come back, if he needs more money he will be quietly buying and will then reappear so he can sell again. Then he will disappear for ever (or until he releases his next coin at least).

People will say he has developed a good coin, got a great community behind him, if he delivers on the promises/features of the coin then price would rise even further and he could make more. The problem is he does not know how to make good on those promises/features so he needs to bail before everyone else realizes that.

Maybe i'm just a cynic, but crypto makes you that way. Come on dev, prove me wrong, deliver on the promises. If you can then you will truely have a great coin on your hands.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:12:41 PM

I still say give the guy a chance, There has already been proven development with the linux 1.1 wallet and the windows 1.0.5. Shape has already stated that development of most features is contracted out, which means he is at the mercy of contractors own deadlines. (not sure if this is the issue, but a valid point none the less)

Although I am only a small investor (not for lack of heart, simply lack of funds Tongue) I have been buying all the way down from at least 40k sats, and through some basic scalping trading and the massive initial profit of nearly 57k sats, I'm definitely sitting in a better position then I was before WARP.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:16:58 PM

Of course the dev's behavior is a bit unfortunate, but I've seen this as a long-term investment anyway ... you can't build such a complex software in a few months. I've got the impression that shapeshift is an honest person who does not care much about other people's opinions - that's a good sign for someone who is going to develop something revolutionary. Let's see where this goes ... I'll keep my foot in the door.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
Crypto Nut

Activity: 195

Nutty about Crypto

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:24:33 PM

Of course the dev's behavior is a bit unfortunate, but I've seen this as a long-term investment anyway ... you can't build such a complex software in a few months. I've got the impression that shapeshift is an honest person who does not care much about other people's opinions - that's a good sign for someone who is going to develop something revolutionary. Let's see where this goes ... I'll keep my foot in the door.

Hey, i really hope you are right. Just learn to never hold onto coins too long, or at least sell a % to get your investment back out, then freeroll with the rest. You might make a bit less profit if the coin does take off but you also got your money back if it flops, and more flop than take off.
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:39:19 PM

Hey, i really hope you are right. Just learn to never hold onto coins too long, or at least sell a % to get your investment back out, then freeroll with the rest. You might make a bit less profit if the coin does take off but you also got your money back if it flops, and more flop than take off.
There is no way I would sell at the current prices. I would buy more if I had some BTC left. Just waiting for it to rise again, there is no doubt. Being patient does not seem to be very common in these circles, heh?  Grin

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
DaMart

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:43:36 PM

i totally agree with this.

I still believe that Shapetwist will deliver what he promised and that WARP has a bright future. So I'm also keeping the coins in my wallet and trying to buy some more at the current low prices Wink.

Trading on: Binance | Bittrex | Yobit
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:51:20 PM

I know Shapeshift doesn't like to give updates in PM's, so I'm asking here...
Shapeshift, can you give us an update on the VPN integration process?

Regards

Goldmaxx

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:09:56 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

@Goldmaxx - I think I saw a tweet from you that mentions - @shapetwist reminds you of @johnconnor - I totally agree!  Genius Devs in the works!  I know JC can code though (XVC) - WOW what a jump in price there!  Grin

Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:13:04 PM

okay guys I've created an unofficial warp slack channel https://warpcoin.slack.com
I contacted Shape but even though he refused to join he has given permission

pls PM me you email address here
or tweet me @Mansa_Godson

for invite thanks.

-Godson

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
Godson_Mansa

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:14:35 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

@Goldmaxx - I think I saw a tweet from you that mentions - @shapetwist reminds you of @johnconnor - I totally agree!  Genius Devs in the works!  I know JC can code though (XVC) - WOW what a jump in price there!  Grin

yeah that was me. both are very similar in character.
hopefully we get the same effect on price too lol

pm me for slack invite.   

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:16:47 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

pm me for slack invite.   

Sent you a PM. Please send me the Slack invite.
Godson_Mansa

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:25:44 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

pm me for slack invite.   

Sent you a PM. Please send me the Slack invite.

done, check your email.

Welcome Warper. 

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 08:15:46 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

I'd be grateful to hear how things are progressing too.  Smiley

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:31:39 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

Things have changed.

I used to do daily updates - that won't happen anymore. The risk of turning WARP into a pump was really high. There was way too much inside info (slack), the top holders accumulating more and more, and a minority of users trying to extort important info and pressure me into some decisions that would never benefit WARP, but only the top 10%. At the moment, if we have people leaving, I don't care.

Updates will come when they are relevant. Not everyday, maybe not even every week.
We have released a Linux VPN wallet like it was promised. However, the Windows wallet unfortunately failed. The reason for this is: OpenVPN acts differently depending on your box version. I am busy rebuilding the windows wallet completely in order to work in any windows version. This is not simple math.

Along with that, there are new plans like I said before. When time comes, they'll be presented.

I have to say that is refreshing not to care about the price, not even looking at the market, and having time to actually work instead of keeping everybody up to date every single day. Maybe some of you don't like that, and strange the sudden change, but I have very good reasons for it. WARP will not become a pump coin, and it's not for the benefit of a few people. This is for the masses. And, at the moment, I make the decisions. Pressure is useless.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
Shunak

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:31:51 PM

Is this proyect more global than vpncoin?¿
antho281

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:37:11 PM

Regards

Goldmaxx

Things have changed.

I used to do daily updates - that won't happen anymore. The risk of turning WARP into a pump was really high. There was way too much inside info (slack), the top holders accumulating more and more, and a minority of users trying to extort important info and pressure me into some decisions that would never benefit WARP, but only the top 10%. At the moment, if we have people leaving, I don't care.

Updates will come when they are relevant. Not everyday, maybe not even every week.
We have released a Linux VPN wallet like it was promised. However, the Windows wallet unfortunately failed. The reason for this is: OpenVPN acts differently depending on your box version. I am busy rebuilding the windows wallet completely in order to work in any windows version. This is not simple math.

Along with that, there are new plans like I said before. When time comes, they'll be presented.

I have to say that is refreshing not to care about the price, not even looking at the market, and having time to actually work instead of keeping everybody up to date every single day. Maybe some of you don't like that, and strange the sudden change, but I have very good reasons for it. WARP will not become a pump coin, and it's not for the benefit of a few people. This is for the masses. And, at the moment, I make the decisions. Pressure is useless.

Great to hear back from you shape Smiley
nrvasquez

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:38:42 PM

okay guys I've created an unofficial warp slack channel https://warpcoin.slack.com
I contacted Shape but even though he refused to join he has given permission

pls PM me you email address here
or tweet me @Mansa_Godson

for invite thanks.

-Godson

Can you send me an invite

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:42:58 PM

Things have changed.

Someone has learned a thing or two.
shapetwist (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:47:47 PM

Someone has learned a thing or two.

Definitely.
I must confess that it was also exciting for me until I noticed that things could get out of hand.
Learning every day Smiley after all, it's my first coin.

EDIT: For everyone, I am on Wire (app.wire.com) by the name of shapetwist. There's a small group of people there on a private group. I intend to keep it small, but at least you know how to contact me. If I don't respond, keep it cool.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: