Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:58:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 03:28:30 PM

It is not fair that 85 % have to wait to 15%...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:29:16 PM

People relax,

There is a lot to figure out for the Lisk team, what they did is prob. a hard decision but a really important and good one!
When your in an ICO with this amount of funds raised things need to go well and good organised and i must say there
doing a damn great job at that! Think about people complaining after the start about there funds etc. Now they even extended it and
i guess no one have the right to complain anymore.

Just be patient and you will be rewarded!

Till then try to manage a delegate and enjoy or start Learning JS and Node JS.

https://www.codecademy.com/
https://www.codeschool.com/
https://teamtreehouse.com/

Also read about my delegate https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96
Im looking for people that would like to help with www.Liskchain.info to make it a great community website!
Send me an Pm if interrested

yes but part of being organized is also keeping timelines.  This launch was a big event which could have been continued except arbitrarily canceled by people where time is a resource they can throw around now without spending money.

Time = Money.  When you mess with the timeline, you start messing with peoples money.  Then you are screwed.
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:29:52 PM

wow delayed dev want to create "FUD" & "FEAR" naturally, "fundamental things applied as time goes bye"
or
LISK bug every where, dev panic cant solve the bug.....hahaha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
i told u guys, dev just lied reason of delay, they had lot of bugs, lol, dead of lisk
lisk 1k at first exchange, looks like page posting will boost to 700 page
all ur BTC will burned 90%

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Assembler

Activity: 220
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:35:07 PM

I completely agree with you.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

People relax,

There is a lot to figure out for the Lisk team, what they did is prob. a hard decision but a really important and good one!
When your in an ICO with this amount of funds raised things need to go well and good organised and i must say there
doing a damn great job at that! Think about people complaining after the start about there funds etc. Now they even extended it and

Im looking for people that would like to help with www.Liskchain.info to make it a great community website!

yes but part of being organized is also keeping timelines.  This launch was a big event which could have been continued except arbitrarily canceled by people where time is a resource they can throw around now without spending money.

Time = Money.  When you mess with the timeline, you start messing with peoples money.  Then you are screwed.

Sometimes it just cant be kept for some reasons and the delay is not huge, but acceptable. The start is important for a coin so better do it right in ones.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:40:08 PM

People relax,

yes but part of being organized is also keeping timelines.  This launch was a big event which could have been continued except arbitrarily canceled by people where time is a resource they can throw around now without spending money.

Time = Money.  When you mess with the timeline, you start messing with peoples money.  Then you are screwed.

Sometimes it just cant be kept for some reasons and the delay is not huge, but acceptable. The start is important for a coin so better do it right in ones.

I'd like to hear a good reason for the delay and not just because 15% of the people did no grab their keys.

If that is the only reason then they are screwing themselves.

they can say it's for security but LISKHQ said already that they are minor and inconsequential so the only reason is the keys.
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:42:22 PM

yes but part of being organized is also keeping timelines.

I was sure since the beginning that key generation issues will hold up the project, when I seen that there is no hard deadline and mechanism for it. Without it it was foregone conclusion that they will be forced to extend the deadline, or/and deal with it manually (and less securely).

There were more than 30 people that participated in NXT ICO that never claimed their coin.
NODE set a very-very long deadline to claim coins, one or two idiot turned up months later and screamed demanding their coins.
I'm not following NEM, but I'm sure it happened there too.

No matter what you do there will always be a percentage of ppl that will not do the bare minimum to protect their investment. The maximum you can do is reduce their number with this delay, but I expect it will be a minimal reduction. Most of those who ignored the countless announcements and warnings till now, not really gonna wake up in the next three weeks.

But they announced a delay, so there is gonna be a delay. Nothing to do about it now.
And really not like it really matters in the long run, only to the "now,now,now" types (they are many) in the crypto community.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:42:41 PM

and what happens in 4 weeks when we still have 10% of people not generating their keys?  Will there be more fud for wasting 3 weeks of our time for 5% of keys generated?
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:43:29 PM

People relax,

I'd like to hear a good reason for the delay and not just because 15% of the people did no grab their keys.

Buddy i really dont think this 2 weeks will be bad for Lisk, 15% can be a lot when people are starting to complain. You need to return them there funds or mail the keys, but that brings risk.

People dont forget this is not a Sprint your the first in the Row the early adaptars, Look about the possibility's when Lisk will reach Dollar 1 Plus no1 will complain ever again.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:49:01 PM

People relax,

Buddy i really dont think this 2 weeks will be bad for Lisk, 15% can be a lot when people are starting to complain. You need to return them there funds or mail the keys, but that brings risk.

People dont forget this is not a Sprint your the first in the Row the early adaptars, Look about the possibility's when Lisk will reach Dollar 1 Plus no1 will complain ever again.

This is not a complaint about money.   This is all about how the LISK organization handles roadblocks in the future and how they make decisions.  Will it be take from the majority to help the minority every time from now on?

This is a slippery slope that they started walking on and I just hope it does not come back to bite them on their ass.
Porsche911

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:50:18 PM

Time = Money ?

Then I can just stay at home and wait for the money every month Smiley
Market value = Money

Bring value to a company, that is money. Just my 2cents.

Also check out invesd.org / soon more about this kind of readings and more interviews.
deadpoolx

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:53:02 PM

405 pages?!  Shocked
LOL That was fast
cannabanana

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:54:14 PM

Time = Money ?

Then I can just stay at home and wait for the money every month Smiley
Market value = Money

Bring value to a company, that is money. Just my 2cents.

Also check out invesd.org / soon more about this kind of readings and more interviews.

That's what I do.  Maybe you should figure out how to do it, it's not hard.

If you are a merchant and get an order and decide to wait 3 days to ship it, that time wasted you future sales.  Guaranteed.  Time = Money.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 03:57:24 PM

That's wrong. 44% are waiting for 56% to validate their passphrases. The number of generated passphrases doesn't mean anything. The number of validation does.

We get MANY (like A LOT!) of support requests every day to reset the passphrases. I already prepared the email list with over 2700 unique email addresses which didn't validate their passphrases, we will send out the first email today.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
cannabanana

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:58:36 PM

That's wrong. 44% are waiting for 56% to validate their passphrases. The number of generated passphrases doesn't mean anything. The number of validation does.

We get MANY (like A LOT!) of support requests every day to reset the passphrases. I already prepared the email list with over 2700 unique email addresses which didn't validate their passphrases, we will send out the first email today.

are you fkin serious?  You were saying EARLY ON that Generated passphrases are important and VALIDATION WAS NOT!

and seriously, if that's the case then you guys screwed up the launch because every time people asked that back in the day, people told them that validation was not important as generating and saving your keys.
LiskHQ (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509

Decentralized Application Platform

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 04:00:04 PM

are you serious?  You were saying EARLY ON that Generated passphrases are important and VALIDATION WAS NOT!

Over the last couple of days it became more and more clear that people were just generating passphrases and didn't save them.

Lisk.io - Blockchain Application Platform
Porsche911

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:00:42 PM

If you are a merchant and get an order and decide to wait 3 days to ship it, that time wasted you future sales.  Guaranteed.  Time = Money.

Well but it might be your skill. that delayed the order too. In some sense TImé, money might seem right. But in real in never is.
Wherever you work, its always your value that matters. The time is just an illusion.
cannabanana

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:02:08 PM

If you are a merchant and get an order and decide to wait 3 days to ship it, that time wasted you future sales.  Guaranteed.  Time = Money.

Well but it might be your skill. that delayed the order too. In some sense TImé, money might seem right. But in real in never is.
Wherever you work, its always your value that matters. The time is just an illusion.

if you want to get deep, everything is an illusion.  All truth is subjective to ones own personal experiences.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:03:33 PM

I didn't know validation is that important to you.
Fine, I'll validate the stupid passphrases, even if I know for sure everything are in order.

But seriously, this is not the first time that you go to great lengths to protect people from their own stupidity. This is not a good habit in my opinion, not to this extent.
(As the matter of fact, I think this is one of the main long term problem with civilization. Stupid/careless should get less opportunity to reproduce, or in this case, make money.)
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 04:04:01 PM

are you serious?  You were saying EARLY ON that Generated passphrases are important and VALIDATION WAS NOT!

Over the last couple of days it became more and more clear that people were just generating passphrases and didn't save them.

Max and what is the problem with that?!

If some people is totally idiot, you can't change them.

Sad

Now the people who did everything fine must wait to these idiots.
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: