Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:26:22 AM

Yeah the fact that you cannot be traced via Bitcoin is making it the ideal place for online criminals. You will never be able to stop all criminals so just do not focus on them.
yeah it would greatly assist criminals in their illegal activities will not be easy in recognizable by making a payment or transaction with bitcoin. thats why government prohibit it

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:09:59 AM

Yeah the fact that you cannot be traced via Bitcoin is making it the ideal place for online criminals. You will never be able to stop all criminals so just do not focus on them.
yeah it would greatly assist criminals in their illegal activities will not be easy in recognizable by making a payment or transaction with bitcoin. that's why government prohibit it

Yes It does help criminals, but it is not prohibited by the government in the United States, due to part that it was created by the people, and adopted by a large majority.
If it was ever prohibited it would be facing a serious financial problem due to the fact that Bitcoin is tied to so many areas of the economy already.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:21:23 AM

This is also my concern, this is the cause that my friends asked me stop using bitcoin, they said if i used bitcoin its mean i support the criminal and terrorist currency
I knew that some people using bitcoin for criminal but there are still a lot of people used bitcoin for good purpose
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:23:20 AM

Yeah Bitcoin is popular among online criminals and it's a preferred way of getting ransoms for hijacking your computers lately. But I am seeing a lot of companies specializing in Blockchain security and tracking of illicit deals so maybe they can keep up with the criminals and give them some hard time. It's Wild West now out there but countermeasures are being put into place to handle the thefts.

lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 05:24:49 AM

of course bitcoin is used for doing illegal stuff with it, im pretty sure that it is one of the main things why people dont want to try using it for their shopping or doin something like that

i hope that this problem will be solved somehow in the future and there will be no doubts in people minds if they should start using bitcoin or not because its the best currency in the world
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:14:12 AM

Bitcoin is used for illegal activities because you dont have be with the person that you want to transact with just to pay the goods that you are buying and its safer for them to do this than to have actually have a lot of money in every transaction that they will make.
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:11:55 AM

I think it is only a rumor or maybe sometime in the past it was used, but it is not frequently used, most of the criminals are illiterate and they do not have any knowledge about bitcoin, and if they started to learn about bitcoin they will also learn the ways of its earning which is much easier and not risky, so they may adopt it.

I have also saw that there are not much cases occurred with which it is noted that bitcoin is used for criminal activities, Currently the criminals are much less aware with it, as after France attack, I have never saw that in any case the bitcoin is used.
There are a lot of people that is using Bitcoin for their illegal activities because Bitcoin is an easy payment method for the criminals because nobody will know what you bought.
And you cant also stop them and that is bad but yeah there are everywhere the bad people.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:19:52 AM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering
illegal activities will not hurt bitcoin,all currency also used for illegal activities and it not make that currency hurt or lost the trust,people will keep trust and use bitcoin.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 809

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 08:33:36 AM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering
illegal activities will not hurt bitcoin,all currency also used for illegal activities and it not make that currency hurt or lost the trust,people will keep trust and use bitcoin.

Yes i agree not only bitcoin use for illegal activities but all currencies existing in this world bitcoin is still money and many bad people use it because of it anonimosity and they will not trace for using it in illegal transaction they are doing online. And mostly bitcoin use to buy illegal goods in darkweb where you can buy their any bad stuff.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:52:08 PM

I'm willing to bet cash is used for 99.9% of all illegal activity. Bitcoin is a drop in the bucket compared to cash.
because in fact bitcoin is also included in illegal goods in various countries. although we do not do illegal activities directly with bitcoin. but by using bitcoin in a country that has banned the use bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. it has been included in illegal activities right
Yipdard

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 09:53:03 PM

They use bitcoin for illegal activities because it is not a physical currency.
BlueTemplar

Activity: 164

Gone for a minute now back again

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:00:23 PM

Bitcoin, like any currency, is used for legal and illegal transactions.
That does not say much about Bitcoin other than that it is an efficient and open means of transacting.  There are many types of transactions that are illegal that really should not be, so depending on your views you won't see much of a problem with black market uses.  Black markets are a fact of life and will exist as long as humans exist to create laws.
Cybertron00

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:48:43 PM

Bitcoin is can bo use both on legal and illegal things.Common peoples commonly use bitcoins for legal things such as business and extra income.But there are people that is using bitcoins on illegal things such as buying drugs online,weapons,and other illegal things specially on deep web.They abuse it because of it's anonymous transaction that they will benefit in.
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:15:04 PM

Bitcoin is can bo use both on legal and illegal things.Common peoples commonly use bitcoins for legal things such as business and extra income.But there are people that is using bitcoins on illegal things such as buying drugs online,weapons,and other illegal things specially on deep web.They abuse it because of it's anonymous transaction that they will benefit in.

Its NOT anonymous (http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com/).

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:23:22 PM

They use bitcoin for illegal activities because it is not a physical currency.
yeah because it's not physical form that makes it easier bitcoin being misused. using digital money is easier to use and sent to anywhere This will make it easier to carry out illegal activities let alone the nature of the anonymous bitcoin. This makes a lot of people interested in using bitcoin for illegal activities
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:26:52 PM

Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities?
Certainly yes, as there are humans using it. I just don't know the importance of this question, since nearly all things can be used either for good or bad.

Then if I subscribe to an online service paying with bitcoin and commit a crime with their service they will be able to know where I live, my real name, and take me to jail?

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 11:33:48 PM

Its NOT anonymous (http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com/).

Bitcoin actually is pseudoanonymous, Of course everyone knows about all the transactions that show and kept on the block chain all you have to do just try to hide your real identities that involved in the transactions, to address this problem you should use trusted bitcoin mixer service like bitmixer or others, or convert them to the altcoin which has untraceable feature like monero.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:17:41 AM

Of course bitcoin is used for illegal activities, but so is the US dollar.  All forms of currency can be used for things that are illegal.  I think we need to also look at all of the good things that bitcoin can be used for such as sending money cheaply to other parts of the world.  We also have almost full control over our bitcoin but fiat is controlled by governments and banks.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:19:28 AM

Certainly yes, as there are humans using it. I just don't know the importance of this question, since nearly all things can be used either for good or bad.

Then if I subscribe to an online service paying with bitcoin and commit a crime with their service they will be able to know where I live, my real name, and take me to jail?

If police can tie your real life identify with any of your past or future addresses, than its possible. Bitcoin is only pseudo-anonymous.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:37:06 AM

If police can tie your real life identify with any of your past or future addresses, than its possible. Bitcoin is only pseudo-anonymous.

I think this is why most accounts and wallets are protocol protected and its up to a user to be smart enough to manipulate it. Unless what you are commiting is big time stafa  then police would really go to you. I'm not saying that small time scam is good but i think only admins and staff will be coming at you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: