Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:16:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
coinyard

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:33:24 AM

Sort of a ridiculous question.. Of course it's being used in illegal activities, on a much larger percentage then cash. Everyday that goes by tho, cryptocurrency is being increasingly widely used for legal transactions.

The proportion of illegal usage has decreased a lot, thanks for the law enforcement activities. I hope it will last.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 09:44:43 AM

it is used for illegal activities i think but we actually can not do anything about it to avoid this
bitcoin has a very long used tool for illegal transactions. in fact it was used to buy illegal drugs in the black market, but it could be said that they also make bitcoin prices are so high. but behind it all so many people using bitcoin for good. bitcoin is no different with the dollar, and even dollar is also used for illegal activities
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

it is used for illegal activities i think but we actually can not do anything about it to avoid this
bitcoin has a very long used tool for illegal transactions. in fact it was used to buy illegal drugs in the black market, but it could be said that they also make bitcoin prices are so high. but behind it all so many people using bitcoin for good. bitcoin is no different with the dollar, and even dollar is also used for illegal activities

Bitcoin, USD, Fiat all type of currencies are used by Criminals. Like you said those guys got no values and will sell their relatives for some money.
The problem however is the hate the media has against bitcoin, like 100% of the illegal activities done with bitcoin are reported in the media.

While other crimes are published on 'page 10'
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:12:18 AM

Well, of course it's being used illegally. With more regulation, we're starting to see less criminal usage of bitcoin, but it still is happening. Think how easy it is to be untrackable: Dump your bitcoin in 3 mixers , wait, send the money, dump it in a few mixers again and you'll have a track that'll take a pretty long time for any investigators. That's anonymity for you, sadly. Of course, we have the average person using bitcoin for everything but illegal activities. It gets a bad rep for the reason of illegality, but there's so many good things Bitcoin is used for, illegal activities isn't very important by itself. You can argue about this, but that's what I think.
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 12:36:31 PM

Yes its used for criminal activities but which currency is not is what people already said and I think they are right.
Every currency is used by criminals so its not a bad thing, there is nothing to do about it!
yes it is a fact that every currency s used for such activities therefore if bitcion is using for such kind of activities i think nothing to do about that. perhaps bitcoin was not present then what will they do. they must used some other kind of currency either digital or flat but they must do that. i think they must be using some other kind of currencies too.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:27:48 PM

Yeap. I heard in the news that criminals are using btc to send money across the globe and no one asks them from where did these money camed from. Also they pay low fees to send them :p
coinyard

Activity: 266

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:25:30 AM

Yeap. I heard in the news that criminals are using btc to send money across the globe and no one asks them from where did these money camed from. Also they pay low fees to send them :p

I also I heard in the news that criminals are using US dollar and Euro to send money across the globe and no one asks them from where did these money camed from. Also they pay high fees to send them :p

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:45:23 AM

I also I heard in the news that criminals are using US dollar and Euro to send money across the globe and no one asks them from where did these money camed from. Also they pay high fees to send them :p

LOL... Since bitcoin is a currency as good as cash its the same as fiat money. Bitcoin can be used in gambling and other illegal activities too the same with our dollar Smiley The difference with the dollar is that of higher charge when you send dollar while sending Bitcoin is cheaper very easy to handle.

Open for Campaigns
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 06:50:04 AM

This is indeed the case, but not all of them do this. This is just the negative impact of the bitcoin, yet so far from the negative impact of the positive impact we can get when using bitcoin in the right way. I'm sure every digital currencies have similar things with bitcoin.
SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 06:54:49 AM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering

I can say DEFINITLY yes, but other currencies the same... by the way fiat money too... you can give someone a bag of Fiat- Money for some illegal activities Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

SiNeReiNZzz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043

αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2016, 06:56:07 AM

will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services

still hold and wait... Cool

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:27:46 AM

Yeah they are taking advantage of being anonymous of bitcoin so they use it to transact from selling drugs, firearms or other stuff. I think it's natural because many currency is also been used either for legal and illegal activities we can't disagree with that.
Icathia

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:49:09 AM

Off course if bitcoin used for illegal activities that is not strange. Because you can see it as black money how could someone go after your money if it is just bitcoin.
Ulloa

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:52:42 AM

still hold and wait... Cool
There are many criminals that is using Bitcoin as their payment method and they are using it because it is quite easy to use and that is really nice.
And it is hard to know what will happen in the future so that is really bad.
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:57:07 AM

Off course if bitcoin used for illegal activities that is not strange. Because you can see it as black money how could someone go after your money if it is just bitcoin.
yeah it is a natural thing. because bitcoin is a very good money for the black market. by their very nature are anonymous
bitcoin is great for activities or transactions confidential

GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:05:27 AM

that's dumb statement, bitcoin is a currency and currency can be used for anything if the user want,just like people do use dollar to buy drugs or anything illegal? its the same like  when you use btc,and about money laundering, its possible to be done through any currency, do you ever saw people buying a very simple painted canvas with only 2 colors like red and blue ? and they bought it for $5 million? do you think its normal or money laundering?

Yes, with exception that governmetns and banks control fiat. And they wont do anything to ban fiat. Why would they? they can print it at will and do whatever they want with it.

They dont control bitcoin, they cant print bitcoin, and they can cheat with bitcoin. This is a reason you see lots of negative press about bitcoin. Banks and gavernments dont want ppl to use it. Thus, the easiest way is just to scare ppl that bitcoin is only used by criminals or it is a scam.
Off course is bitcoin being used for illegal activities because no one can trace a bitcoin and you dont know if it is bought with black money so yes it is used.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:11:24 AM

At the moment the US dollar is the main criminal currency, so that says enough right.
Bitcoin has the main aspects in a currency which is perfect for criminals, anonymous, fast and low cost, yet the dollar is used more by criminals. Which means these advantages bitcoin has are not attracting more or less criminals then any other currency.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:14:25 AM

Yeah the Bitcoin is somewhat being used by some illegal activities that is just the truth and there is nothing that we can do about it.
I suggest that you do not focus on that but focus on what you are here for and not other people.
Enotche

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:18:14 AM

Although the terrorists and do not use Bitcoins to finance its activities and devious business Bitcoin prefer all sorts of offshore companies, it would be unfair to say that Bitcoin has nothing to do with the crime. There are numerous cases when cryptocurrency provided in the center of criminal schemes.

The first comes to mind when you reflect on the Bitcoin-crime is extortion, blackmail and ransom demands, or theft of important information, and again ransom.

Bitcoin-crime develops according to the same laws as the ordinary. However, unlike cash, which, incidentally, is regulated remarkably in this case - is very little evidence that the Bitcoin is used for money laundering or terrorist financing. However, not a single official has not yet been accused Bitcoin is that it is the money to extortionists and dishonest politicians.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:22:42 AM

Yeah sure Bitcoin is perfect for use in ransoms and I'm sure it will be used and requested as ransom more often in the future but I think cash is still very good for criminals for most other things. Two drug dealers meet in secret and exchange cash for product and there's no way to know the deal ever happened without some other intel. In fact certain govs are thinking about getting rid of high denomination notes because they're frequently used by criminals to transport funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: