Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:42:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
Ushler

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 10:40:52 AM

The people crying, 'It's going to dump!', 'Cant go much higher!', and then talk about all this TA bullshit make my day, each and every day. I've held Eth for a damn long time and have not considered ONCE to get rid of anything.

But honestly, we need these people. They are the ones that feed the accounts of the people who are patient and wiser.

Have fun when price crash to $1, ETH is just another litecoin. Much hype - not so much development

There is quite a lot of development going on with Ethereum at the moment. But I do not understand why the price rises so high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:11:38 AM

Where can I find information about the emission curve and total supply of ETH?
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:13:49 AM

Ethereum now has over a quarter of the nodes that bitcoin has.  Does the price now head towards 1/4 of bitcoin market cap?

That would be around $19 / ETH?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:16:50 AM

There is no max count of eth. Its not a currecy, in a bitcoin sense:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737234.20

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
owm123

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:18:11 AM

Ethereum now has over a quarter of the nodes that bitcoin has.  Does the price now head towards 1/4 of bitcoin market cap?

I doubt it will reach that. I dont see how number of nods would relate to its price.

owm123

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:19:52 AM

The people crying, 'It's going to dump!', 'Cant go much higher!', and then talk about all this TA bullshit make my day, each and every day. I've held Eth for a damn long time and have not considered ONCE to get rid of anything.

But honestly, we need these people. They are the ones that feed the accounts of the people who are patient and wiser.

Have fun when price crash to $1, ETH is just another litecoin. Much hype - not so much development

There is quite a lot of development going on with Ethereum at the moment. But I do not understand why the price rises so high.

It might be just a mega pump, followed by a mega dump. But maybe, some major whales see potential in eth, so they started to buy lots.

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:23:46 AM

Thanks for the link.

It's not because there is no max that it's not a currency.

But after reading this thread it's still unclear for me. Let's say we are in 2050, how many ETH will there be?
owm123

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:30:54 AM

Thanks for the link.

But after reading this thread it's still unclear for me. Let's say we are in 2050, how many ETH will there be?

From here:
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/6227/#Comment_6227

There is no maximum. 60,102,216 ethers were created during the sale, plus 2x pools of 9.9% each. 26% of 60,102,216 will be created through mining every year. This means that 15,626,576 will be created every year on top of the 60m and the two pools.

After a while, 15,626,576 ether won't represent much of the total ether available, making the system dis-inflationary (i.e., inflation perpetually trending towards 0 but never reaching it).

BldSwtTrs
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:35:57 AM

Thanks for the link.

From here:
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/6227/#Comment_6227

There is no maximum. 60,102,216 ethers were created during the sale, plus 2x pools of 9.9% each. 26% of 60,102,216 will be created through mining every year. This means that 15,626,576 will be created every year on top of the 60m and the two pools.

After a while, 15,626,576 ether won't represent much of the total ether available, making the system dis-inflationary (i.e., inflation perpetually trending towards 0 but never reaching it).
I thought mining would stop at some point. After the transition POW>POS will occur, will there still be coins creation?
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:41:12 AM

ETH is such a wild market right now, no matter what the coin has to offer there is a good opportunity to profit from the pump Smiley

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
hector3115

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 11:57:32 AM

Ethereum now has over a quarter of the nodes that bitcoin has.  Does the price now head towards 1/4 of bitcoin market cap?

I doubt it will reach that. I dont see how number of nods would relate to its price.

A quarter of the nodes means that it has 1/4 of the security of the bitcoin Blockchain and growing fast.  So if the ethereum chain is 25% as robust as bitcoins, that may mean it is worth 25% as much

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
roparker2014

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:43:21 PM

Has anyone, anywhere ever been able to correctly peg the price of an altcoin using the sort of logic in the post above mine?
I've seen lots and lots of "coin x should be worth y because..." - is there any evidence that anyone has actually made a correct prediction in this manner, in all the years of btc/crypto?
CoinRocka

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:52:39 PM

Homestead dropping soon: http://dipl.me:3000

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:02:47 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2016, 05:36:23 PM by yefi

And I used to recall (joined Jan 2014...) doomsday comments when bitcoin was $3, and no one ever imagined it would shoot up to $1200+, let alone $40.  I think I've been around cryptocurrency long enough to realize that nothing is impossible, and anything can happen.  That said, no one should put in what they can't afford to lose - that's common sense.  

First and foremost, ETH is not a currency/coin, it's technologically different and fixes many of the issues bitcoin has.  It's not trying to be another bitcoin or a better bitcoin, it's an apples to oranges comparison.  Also, the value of Bitcoin is not dictated by supply.  If that were the case, bitcoin should not have stopped at $1200.  If the claims about supply dictating price are valid, then why has the halving had literally no effect on the current price of BTC?  Even if it is 'baked into' the current value, it's only decreased.  There are far too many ways I could explain how bitcoin quantity has absolutely no bearing on the price.  

The point is, to say that ETH should not be so highly valued due to its supply is baseless.  Let's examine another asset, gold.  The world has not yet mined all the natural resource supply of gold and other precious metals, yet their values rise and fall in relation to the relative rise and fall of markets and other currencies, not due to supply.  Have you ever heard the news report that the value of gold increased because scientists have predicted the supply is running out?  Or that some big whale just flooded the market with gold so the increased supply made the price go down?  LOL.

Gold is valuable because of its use in electronics and metal properties, and therefore, I see ETH similarly valuable because it can become the foundation for decentralized applications of the future.  Essentially ethereum is the gold of the future Internet.    

One caveat to ethereum's rise is that it can be copied, and one other potential copy on the horizon is called rootstock, which will have a crowd sale in the next few months, though ETH has a headstart much like BTC has a headstart on the other 1.0 chains and currencies.  

I should note that I'm really saddened to see so many people criticize ethereum without understanding what it even is.  So many people saying it's a "blah blah coin" are making themselves look like idiots because it's not even a coin at all.  It's like comparing a car with an electric motor, bitcoin being the car and ethereum being the electric motor.  

This is just the beginning.  And those who support ethereum now will be the new elite.  Good luck with your close-minded naysaying, it sounds all too familiar.

Most of this is a strawman argument, as I haven't mentioned anything here about supply or that Ethereum doesn't have potential, or that it won't go higher in time. But why don't you write me another wall of text expounding on my "close-minded naysaying" Tongue
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2016, 01:13:52 PM

People that haven't invested in this coin just don't know anything about ethereum.  The more people find out what it is the more likely they will buy it. 

It's only a matter of time before bitcoin owners begin to take notice of ethereums capabilities.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
hector3115

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 01:53:07 PM

Has anyone, anywhere ever been able to correctly peg the price of an altcoin using the sort of logic in the post above mine?
I've seen lots and lots of "coin x should be worth y because..." - is there any evidence that anyone has actually made a correct prediction in this manner, in all the years of btc/crypto?

I know its a loose correlation but think about it.  One of the main reasons that Bitcoin is the king and has the big market cap (relative to other cryptos) is the network effect of it's blockchain.  The more nodes, the more secure.  Now Ethereum is a quarter of its size already and growing fast.

If network effect is in fact, the main driver of a coins value, then technically Ethereum should have a market cap 1/4 of Bitcoin. 

It will be very interesting if it keeps growing at this pace...

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:03:20 PM

People that haven't invested in this coin just don't know anything about ethereum.  The more people find out what it is the more likely they will buy it. 

It's only a matter of time before bitcoin owners begin to take notice of ethereums capabilities.

You can make smart contract with Ethereum. So many business will use it if it becomes popular.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:09:50 PM

I can't believe that ETH keeps rising and rising. It is already above 0.01 BTC and could go up to 0.02 BTC in a few days. Everyone needs to be careful on ETH now, it could pop and go back to 0.006 again.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Benchman

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:15:32 PM

Small break and then 0.015+.
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 02:19:04 PM

I can't believe that ETH keeps rising and rising. It is already above 0.01 BTC and could go up to 0.02 BTC in a few days. Everyone needs to be careful on ETH now, it could pop and go back to 0.006 again.

Yes, despite ETH not being used in major ways the price increase is somewhat illogical. Some whales could be behind it waiting for the right price for them to sell their coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: