Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:43:32 AM

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:56:27 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 04:19:39 AM by yefi

As you are much more pessimistic than me (or realistic haha) do you think we could see some low 0.02 or even sub 0.02 ever again? I know we did see some sub $10 (I bought as much as I could at those prices) but I think unless something major happen Ethereum will continue to go up without any effort, $20 by the end of the year should be a lock.

If there is some sort of major run or news before that then I think there's a chance we will see a new ETH bubble and $50 is not out of the question. Things evolve quickly in crypto world unless you are Bitcoin...like I said many times, if more BTC companies start pushing Ethereum, the sky is the limit regarding the actual application of it. If Ethereum actually gets used and adopted in many projects, then prepare for a paradigm shift (I personally don't think we'll see that at least for a couple of years and that in crypto is a lot of time and a BIG if).

Manias and depressions seem to me to characterise the growth in cryptos. If ETH will go to $50, it will either be within the next few months in mania, or will be in the future preceded by many months of depression.  I don't see steady growth being at all compatible with how this game works, at least for now.

Sub-0.02 possible? Sure, if Bitcoin rallies from the epic wedge that has been forming since last year. I'm somewhat torn here, because I believe it will rally upwards, yet simultaneously the signals I'm getting from ETH are pointing up as well. I doubt Bitcoin and ETH can both go up.
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:59:34 AM

As you are much more pessimistic than me (or realistic haha) do you think we could see some low 0.02 or even sub 0.02 ever again? I know we did see some sub $10 (I bought as much as I could at those prices) but I think unless something major happen Ethereum will continue to go up without any effort, $20 by the end of the year should be a lock.

If there is some sort of major run or news before that then I think there's a chance we will see a new ETH bubble and $50 is not out of the question. Things evolve quickly in crypto world unless you are Bitcoin...like I said many times, if more BTC companies start pushing Ethereum, the sky is the limit regarding the actual application of it. If Ethereum actually gets used and adopted in many projects, then prepare for a paradigm shift (I personally don't think we'll see that at least for a couple of years and that in crypto is a lot of time and a BIG if).

Manias and depressions seem to me to characterise the growth in cryptos. If ETH will go to $50, it will either be within the next few months in mania, or will be in the future preceded by many months of depression.  I don't see steady growth being at all compatible with how this game works, at least for now.

Sub-0.02 possible? Sure, if Bitcoin rallies from the epic wedge that has been forming since last year. I'm somewhat torn here, because I believe it will rally upwards, yet simultaneously the signals I'm getting from ETH are pointing up as well. I doubt Bitcoin and ETH can both go up.

Ahahaha GAME.

Ethereum focuses marketing and development on a much bigger scheme.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is becoming grandpa who doesn't want to budge.

/end the FUD!  Grin
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:39:16 AM

Ahahaha GAME.

You know that the word game refers to more than just Hungry Hippo or Grand Theft Auto, right?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:55:01 AM

When people talk about "Up" and "Down" w.r.t. price, it's kind of ambiguous.

Ether could go to $50 and still go down against bitcoin. It could get a marketcap of $2 Billion and still go down against bitcoin.

It all depends on what the market sees as the better store of value. (NOT what the market sees as the "better blockchain").
Washika

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:37:48 AM

When people talk about "Up" and "Down" w.r.t. price, it's kind of ambiguous.

Ether could go to $50 and still go down against bitcoin. It could get a marketcap of $2 Billion and still go down against bitcoin.

It all depends on what the market sees as the better store of value. (NOT what the market sees as the "better blockchain").

Up and down to Bitcoin is relative. If the price goes to $50, there will be happy people in the world. I think.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:53:22 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2016, 11:12:32 AM by toknormal

Up and down to Bitcoin is relative. If the price goes to $50, there will be happy people in the world. I think.

I doubt it.

Much of the Ether fever I've been aware of is generated from a sense of potential dominance in the sector. If the Ether price in Bitcoin went from 0.028 back to 0.001 I don't think they'd be too happy, even if Ether had risen to $50 at that point.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:22:16 AM

Gives me that sinking feeling watching these suckers rallies and chatter of $50 eth ... you guys need to get out now as close to the previous top as you can or you are in for a long time of disappointment and losses.

Top is in the rearview mirror.

ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:24:14 AM

Ahahaha GAME.

You know that the word game refers to more than just Hungry Hippo or Grand Theft Auto, right?

Yup.  Grin
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:23:37 PM

betting on 0.024 within the next 3 days.
drinksyourmilkshake

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:43:50 PM

Back to ETH: price is currently taking a nosedive, spurred by the BTC pump, but also favoured by the technicals. Should be looking for support around .023, then .020 if it fails. I still suspect my target will be met, but we'll see.

The price of Ethereum has risen due to the dump of bitcoin. So it is a good trading pair at the moment.

lecturing a hero account here ?

Name:    mastica
Activity:    11
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    November 22, 2015, 01:04:05 AM

Better to be a newbie than a scammer hero, unless it's a scammer hero who got a new account...

I mean people buy hero accounts all the time.

Scroll up.. ROFL
ANOTHER fucking noob is lecturing people!
And with Ethereum that is the -ONLY- people who ever talk about it.
Like come the fuck on.. Do i have to spell it out to you guys snapping your back bending over backwards playing dumb?

Even if every one of the brand new SHILL accounts for ETH were ACTUALLY a new user..
Why the flying fuck would we take expert know it all snotty advice from them?

What makes people knowledgeable in Crypto is EXPERIENCE.
This has all been a learning experience for us and in some ways predictable but in others not.
Such as this is not the stock market and it's not normal money so..
People who compare Apples with Oranges don't know what they are talking about.
Such as all the noob shill spammers who constantly compare ETH to BTC then say ETH will take over for BTC etc.

It's a never ending onslaught of stupid verbal diarrhea by shady cowards here hiding or loud mouthy noob idiots.

The vast majority of you Nub's here wouldn't even be able to talk yet if this was 2013 still.
You all would be stuck in the Noob section under new user probation.
Unlike now some sleazy scammer like V. Butterin can go make 50 accounts to spam his coin.
(Which does happen and dev's even admit to doing it occasionally)

I love a vague prediction with no tangible logical reasoning to back it up as much as the next guy but
come on eventually some one has to provide a REASON why Ethereum is going to "beat" Bitcoin at it's own game.

And sorry but i have every damn right to mock you stupid lippy cocky NOOBS.
Want to have a stab at my Rating in return?
I earned my title here by paying attention reading learning coding and trading.
I did the Work noobs.. so i have every right to laugh at you spouting off.  Grin

I forget, in which part of this post did I shill for eth?  I'm sure it'll mega dump;  I'm quite the btc maximalist.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:54:35 PM

I only buy coins eth to my advantage. I always buy it at the time of trading, and I do not intend to replace the bitcoin to eth, it might make me lose even though I know that eth has the potential to become a currency such as bitcoin
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 05:37:58 PM

Manias and depressions seem to me to characterise the growth in cryptos. If ETH will go to $50, it will either be within the next few months in mania, or will be in the future preceded by many months of depression.  I don't see steady growth being at all compatible with how this game works, at least for now.

I agree, I feel the same way except I don't really think BTC is going up, $430-450 would surprise me. Now, in crypto this can all change very quickly that's why I agree with you, we are not talking about companies and stocks here where you can expect some steady growth in some cases.

Either way, I feel ETH price hasn't change very much, the rally to $15 was logical based on Homestead approaching and BTC struggles. But for the last weeks it has been pretty stable at around $10-12. The price in terms of BTC is what really swings a little more. For ETH to go below 0.02 I think we need to see a very strong BTC price...
asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:44:36 AM

I only buy coins eth to my advantage. I always buy it at the time of trading, and I do not intend to replace the uᴉoɔʇᴉq to eth, it might make me lose even though I know that eth has the potential to become a currency such as uᴉoɔʇᴉq

I hold some Ethereum at present. But I do not intend to hold them long. I do not use smart contract, so I might sell them in the future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Unilevear

Activity: 102
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:07:45 PM

I only buy coins eth to my advantage. I always buy it at the time of trading, and I do not intend to replace the uᴉoɔʇᴉq to eth, it might make me lose even though I know that eth has the potential to become a currency such as uᴉoɔʇᴉq

I hold some Athereum at present. But I do not intend to hold them long. I do not use smart contract, so I might sell them in the future.

I have different opinion. I will hold Ethereum for the long term. So far, there is good development of the coin.
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 06:46:06 AM

I hold some Athereum at present. But I do not intend to hold them long. I do not use smart contract, so I might sell them in the future.

I have different opinion. I will hold Ethereum for the long term. So far, there is good development of the coin.

I also hold some of my Ethereum for the long term. If there is no good development of the coin, I will sell.
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:20:45 AM

I am also long holding ETH, most promising tech to come out since bitcoin.

in the mean time, mining and stocking my eth pile up.
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 12:56:43 PM

ether is permanently dead. It's an inflatory coin and similar to doge coin. Don't hold your bag, dump it or you will never make any profit
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 01:04:21 PM

I am also long holding ETH, most promising tech to come out since bitcoin.

in the mean time, mining and stocking my eth pile up.

Eth is dead, don't stockpile. It's dead don't buy it, dump it now
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 01:12:51 PM

i imagine speculators in silicon valley are buying / just in case

the project is still quite young

good buzz on the street / time will tell

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: