Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 03:43:31 PM

What is the point of refining the target as the structure progresses? Surely that means your charts are meaningless

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:52:56 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2016, 04:04:14 PM by RyNinDaCleM

What is the point of refining the target as the structure progresses? Surely that means your charts are meaningless

It shows direction for now with a target of a minimum of 61.8% of the A and stretches to 100%. That is why the target zone is fairly large right now. The end target can vary a little since it is unknown if the 3 or the 5 will extend. Far from meaningless. Keep grasping, dood!

Edit:
Elliott Wave also defines good stoplosses. A move above .01577 invalidates this chart and is the stop point for a short here. With a target around 0097 as a minimum, it makes for a 6.88 risk/Reward ratio. Definitely a decent trade setup.

bluebox

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

caeruleum arca archa

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:02:09 PM

But you don't seem to understand, charts inherently and constantly evolve their "predictions", therefore they — and the chartologists who create them — are always right.  Roll Eyes

If I thought it was worth the time, I'd look up those chart predictions from a couple months ago to see how they predicted today's — or even last month's — price rise. You might wonder, how did the rest of us predict it without charts? By understanding its value and just mining the damned thing. Grin

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get..." - Lewis Carroll
CCV.IO

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:56:16 PM

The original of idea bitcoin is to create a decentralized money system that prevents censorship and being shutdown. Proof of work seemed like a good way to achieve that.... but real world competition caused many cracks to appear in this model. The first flaws that appeared were pooled mining, then came ASICs, then came cheap electricity + latency issues. These pressures has essentially caused mining to be centralised mainly in China because there they have cheap electricity, good industry for creating ASICs and low latency.

So what is the solution to this problem? Proof of stake is the solution because it remove the physical element and allows network voting power to move seamlessly accross borders. Traditional Proof of Stake contains some flaws like the Nothing at Stake problem. But the new algorithm designed for proof of stake in Ethereum solved all these issues.

The bitcoin developer community has proven that it is unable to make even small changed to the consesus algorithm. So completely switching to a different model is never going to happen.... Bitcoin is doomed and Ethereum will replace it.
DarkStar1O9

Activity: 489
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:51:36 AM

Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

I wish I had put my .14 BTC into it the other week when it was $3.70 orz

ICONOMI - Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ ICO ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
CCV.IO

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:06:15 PM

Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

It's not too late... Buy some now while it stand at $6... If you wait, you may regret your decision when ETH will dethrone BTC Grin
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 12:20:37 PM

Bitcoin is doomed and Ethereum will replace it.

Um, well, I don't know much about Ethereum but it seems to have a different utility completely than bitcoin, so I don't see why it would replace it.

Essentially it is a means of distributed computing, no?

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
dumada

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:46:11 PM

Bitcoin is doomed and Ethereum will replace it.

Um, well, I don't know much about Ethereum but it seems to have a different utility completely than bitcoin, so I don't see why it would replace it.

Essentially it is a means of distributed computing, no?

I also think so. Ethereum is totally different from bitcoin. It is not just a currency. I heard it can even use bitcoin in its platform.
Koamder

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 06:15:59 PM

It's not too late... Buy some now while it stand at $6... If you wait, you may regret your decision when ETH will dethrone BTC Grin

The Ethereum price is still low. When the Homestead is released, the price should go even higher than $6.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:03:13 PM

So what is the solution to this problem? Proof of stake is the solution because it remove the physical element and allows network voting power to move seamlessly accross borders. Traditional Proof of Stake contains some flaws like the Nothing at Stake problem. But the new algorithm designed for proof of stake in Ethereum solved all these issues.

PoS is a pipedream that's been sold as security solution. Can't wait until ethereum converts to PoS and we all get to see what a spectacular crypto-crash looks like when the flaw is discovered.

mathgal23

Activity: 150
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:37:39 PM

ETH generates extremely minimal fees (compared to its marketcap) and is not a currency. The DAPPS that run on Ethereum have much greater investment potential than ETH itself at these levels. I think ETH is vastly overvalued. Focus on DAPPS instead.
CCV.IO

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:29:18 PM

PoS is a pipedream that's been sold as security solution. Can't wait until ethereum converts to PoS and we all get to see what a spectacular crypto-crash looks like when the flaw is discovered.

What flaw are you talking about? Could you please expand a little bit?
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:44:02 AM

Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

The Ethereum price is still low. When the Homestead is released, the price should go even higher than $6.
Just to be clear, I was talking about covering shorts.  My guess is ETH is overpriced ATM, and will go down quite slowly.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 12:52:03 PM

Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

Just to be clear, I was talking about covering shorts.  My guess is ETH is overpriced ATM, and will go down quite slowly.

Lol overpriced?  ETH is still utterly undervalued.  It should have a market cap higher than btc

<-- Click here!
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:28:10 PM

Lol overpriced?  ETH is still utterly undervalued.  It should have a market cap higher than btc

there is active development in the Ethereum. The new Homestead software was just released. More to come.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:24:34 PM

there is active development in the Ethereum. The new Homestead software was just released. More to come.

Homestead will be released on 14 Mar. It looks like the price has stopped moving upwards until the actual release. One thing I don't get it is the decreasing volume of ETH in poloniex. Has this anything to do with bitcoin slow network? ETH volume is less than 10k BTC today.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:26:25 PM

Just to be clear, I was talking about covering shorts.  My guess is ETH is overpriced ATM, and will go down quite slowly.

Homestead will be released on 14 Mar. It looks like the price has stopped moving upwards until the actual release. One thing I don't get it is the decreasing volume of ETH in poloniex. Has this anything to do with bitcoin slow network? ETH volume is less than 10k BTC today.

which season is this homestead series?
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:42:38 PM

boom
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 04:48:24 PM

Booster rockets

<-- Click here!
FaucetRank.com

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:05:12 PM

Its simple mean that ETH price will fall down so it's a final chance you got to sell at higher price.

████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
  .SCAMMERS.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  .EXPOSED.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
█ ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████ █
  ████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: