Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
nwtrades

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:20:25 PM

I hold my ETH, I keep believe this is just a price correction and that we will not go under 0.01 BTC

Agreed.  I expect to see a bit of a consolidation and price stabilization around 0.010 - 0.012 BTC.  If it consolidates nicely, I personally expect to see it continue trending upward again.  If it breaks 0.01 that would be a bearish signal.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:24:24 PM

I hold my ETH, I keep believe this is just a price correction and that we will not go under 0.01 BTC

Completely agree, the bubble you are all talking about has 6000k BTC support on Poloniex, there's interest in ETH. I'm really on the verge of what's best. To go far below 0.01 (I doubt it will) so I can buy a lot or to bounce back. I still think it's quite healthy what we are seeing.

Let's recapitulate why there's interest in Ethereum. ETH is the fuel of the platform that is needed to develop apps, write code, etc. There's "only" 72 million of ETH. Right now they are mostly useless of course but Ethereum has been praised by MAJOR companies that like blockchain technology but hate the "bitcoin" aspect. No big company or institution will adopt Bitcoin ever, it's too tainted. But in the case of Ethereum, if it catches on and becomes some sort of standard (I doubt there will be only one platform so there's still room for a ETH competitor down the line) each ETH will worth A LOT more than the current value because it will be actually needed to run, think of it as oil not coins or tokens.
Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:18:29 PM

Agreed.  I expect to see a bit of a consolidation and price stabilization around 0.010 - 0.012 BTC.  If it consolidates nicely, I personally expect to see it continue trending upward again.  If it breaks 0.01 that would be a bearish signal.

If the price stays around 0.008 to 0.012 for a few months to consolidate, I think the next peak could be very high, maybe 0.03, depending on the bitcoin price.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:41:15 PM

It looks like we are separating the believers from the posers today. This is where rational thought needs to take over, as you cannot expect a coin to continue to rise upwards indefinitely without a few pauses.

Over on the exchange troll-box I cannot believe the fools who base their trading decisions zoomed in to the narrowest chart possible. If they would simply extend a bit to even a 4 day view, preferably a week or better yet a month, it becomes apparent this is simply another pause in the longer scheme of things. ETH is still up a bit from a few days ago, and significantly up from where it was a week or two back.

Time will tell I guess, but it is not quite yet the time for gloom and doom.
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:58:00 AM

The Ethereum price has dropped 12% over the last 24 hours. The volume is also quite big. Will the pump end soon?

Huh  Huh

It was at the peak roughly 0.0165 BTC and now it is below 0.0125. That is roughly a 25% decline already.

I think it is REKTED and going to $0.

This was a peak. The real price of an ETH is between 0,01BTC and 0,012BTC. For sure, when Homestead will be released, this real price will increase Wink !
Koamder

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:33:18 AM

The Ethereum price has dropped 12% over the last 24 hours. The volume is also quite big. Will the pump end soon?

Huh  Huh

It was at the peak roughly 0.0165 BTC and now it is below 0.0125. That is roughly a 25% decline already.

I think it is REKTED and going to $0.

This was a peak. The real price of an ETH is between 0,01BTC and 0,012BTC. For sure, when Homestead will be released, this real price will increase Wink !

So the price will be fluctuating around 0.01 for some time and wait until Homestead come out? The price needs consolidation.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:23:13 PM

Is this officially a bagholder thread?  Cheesy
CryptoYeti

Activity: 33
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 02:05:31 PM

I believe we will be tending side-ways for the next few days, possibly bouncing around in the 0.011-0.014 range before another slow rise. If you zoom out to a one month view of the charts, you can see similar, albeit smaller, double humps on Jan 15 and Jan 17th, then again on Jan 24 and Jan 26th. I think the latest is just a repeat of this previous pattern, although greatly amplified with more distortion in range due to the higher price.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:47:14 PM

Many people are saying that ETH has reached the peak but I begged to differ. When Homestead is release, the price of ETH can go above 0.02 and many people who screamed the ETH being a bubble will regret and have to buy back at a higher price.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
McDonalds5

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:09:20 PM

And the bubble has popped, just as I expected.  Grin

It will probably fall as low as 0.004 BTC per ETH. That's when it's safe to start buying in. I took some time to technically look more into ethereum and I got sort of interested. While ether ETH itself is intrinsically quite worthless, their platform is indeed promising and as soon as it gets usable enough for business level applications there will be ethereum clones all over the place. During that time we can probably see a couple of more ETH pumps which is why it is good to buy in after the current bubble has deflated. But who knows when the next pump happens, so I would only convert a small percentage of my BTC into ETH.

I agree but it will take some time to drop that low. We have to wait some time before buying back. Long term I think we might see a new spike when the inflation rate slows.
Fasdata

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:12:14 PM

I do not have any Ethereum at the moment. I am thinking of buying some when the price is right. It might take long time.
Christ0ph

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:47:30 PM

so many opinions ...   Roll Eyes
Taratoor

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:51:02 PM

eth will go down 0.01btc limit. there re lots of panic sales on markets

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄       ▄█▄         
                                  █████     █████         
                         ▄██▄      ▀█▀       ▀█▀         
                 ▄█▄     ▀██▀                             
          ▄      ▀█▀                         ▄█▄         
         ▀█▀                       ▄█▄      █████         
                         ▄██▄     █████      ▀█▀         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀                   
          ▄      ▀█▀                         ▄█▄         
         ▀█▀                       ▄█▄      █████         
                         ▄██▄     █████      ▀█▀         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀                   
                 ▀█▀                                     
           ▄                       ▄█▄       ▄█▄         
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄     █████     █████         
    ██           ▄█▄     ▀██▀      ▀█▀       ▀█▀         
                 ▀█▀                                     
            ▄                       ▄█▄      ▄█▄         
           ▀█▀             ▄██▄    █████    █████         
     ██             ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀         
              ▄     ▀█▀                                   
             ▀█▀                          ▄█▄             
        ██               ▄█▄    ▄██▄     █████           
                   ▄     ▀█▀    ▀██▀      ▀█▀             
                  ▀█▀                                     
             ██                    ▄██▄                   
                     ▄      ▄█▄    ▀██▀                   
                    ▀█▀     ▀█▀                           

▄█    ▄█  ▄█         ▄█████▄    ▀█▄      ▄█▀
██    ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██     ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██    ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ████   
██    ██  ██    ██  ██▄    ▄█     ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀    ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Koamder

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:09:04 PM

Even if the price goes down to lower than 0.01, as long as there are more development of the coin, the price will rise again.
Christ0ph

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:15:08 PM

price rises since over a day, which is a long time for ETH....
I am expecting another rally to somewhat like 0.02.
IMO price hit support at 0.01 and bounced off.

I'd be surprised if it just vanishes, there's to much eagerness to by back and hope for another halleluja if you missed the first one.

Edit: looking at it from a different perspective: dump was inevitable at that speed, once the dump has settled new courage to buy (and thrill) will push the price ... 0.02 seems reasonable, doesn't it?

But what the hell do I know, the charts tend to do the opposite of my thinking.
coin_gambler

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

i was thinking about investing into it though after the last dump, i dont want to do it anymore

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:53:29 PM

I think I might buy some if the price drops to about $1 again. But after the recent pump, it might not go that low.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:24:22 PM

I think I might buy some if the price drops to about $1 again. But after the recent pump, it might not go that low.

Lol it will never go that low, there's just too much interest in ETH right now, something big will have to happen, now going to $3 maybe drop a little below too, that could happen. Remember you "only" need 1500 ETH to stake and many big investors are looking to secure that as soon as possible.
Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:45:22 PM

Lol it will never go that low, there's just too much interest in ETH right now, something big will have to happen, now going to $3 maybe drop a little below too, that could happen. Remember you "only" need 1500 ETH to stake and many big investors are looking to secure that as soon as possible.

Do you mean you have to have 1500 to stake to earn interest when it becomes PoS? That is very large amount.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:20:30 PM

Do you mean you have to have 1500 to stake to earn interest when it becomes PoS? That is very large amount.

Yes perhaps that changes down the line but that's the number. I think this is one of the many reasons people (and companies) are accumulating at this stage while they can afford it. Staking 1500 can be a source of enough fuel for running certain operations. I really don't know much about the technical stuff, it's all new to me but I'm just playing by ear based on what I sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: