Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:13:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
DoctorBugsBunny

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

As you sow, so shall you reap.

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:27:05 AM

Are the Chinese pumping Ethereum?

There is no Chinese exchange at this moment that offers Ethereum as an option, so that is not possible.

Mineable ERC 20 tokens are the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RiOtT

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:28:14 AM

ETH has entered the 'Greater Fool' territory. The sell liquidity is crap. If you have a large volume you pretty much need somebody to buy it from you, because the buy market is thinly spread. I sold my Eth a few days ago. I should have held a bit longer, sure, but I look it at in 2 ways: there is Profit and there is loss. I chose profit. Now many have bought in at extremely low prices as I did, so losses for those are probably not even a concern. However, it is a major concern for anyone who recently entered. I'm not saying it won't go up more, but rest assured, what goes up must come down. Nothing goes up forever; heed the warning.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:36:17 AM

ETH has entered the 'Greater Fool' territory. The sell liquidity is crap. If you have a large volume you pretty much need somebody to buy it from you, because the buy market is thinly spread. I sold my Eth a few days ago. I should have held a bit longer, sure, but I look it in 2 ways, Profit or loss? Now many have bought at extremely low prices as I did, so losses are not even a concern. However, It is a major concern for anyone who recently entered. I'm not saying it won't go up more, but rest assure, what goes up must come down. Nothing goes up forever; heed the warning.

Although there is truth in some of your words, the same has been said for the past week even at prices like 500-600. The actual truth is that nobody knows where it will go because this is actually an exciting projects backed by institutions, banks, companies not like other altcoins that are made for a bunch of nerds concerned about privacy to buy drugs. That's what killed the whole scene, Ethereum is the first project (a very professional down, top to bottom) that will cater to a very interested audience. Of course it can become a little irrelevant with the course of the months and years and that's about it.

However, it holds the chance to completely change the way we do things, banks for example are looking for a blockchain standard, imagine if in some months the major banks start to adopt Ethereum not just flirt with it? And then comes development of dapps, etc, that's why there's so much interest in it, the potential is really unlimited.

The other projects are just nice hobbies compared to it, taking out all the BS bitcoin clones, nobody even uses Bitcoin they sure won't use freaking Litecoin or Dodge or whatever privacy enforced sh*tcoin they are pushing. It won't happen.
RiOtT

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:45:55 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 04:59:34 AM by RiOtT

Although there is truth in some of your words, the same has been said for the past week even at prices like 500-600. The actual truth is that nobody knows where it will go because this is actually an exciting projects backed by institutions, banks, companies not like other altcoins that are made for a bunch of nerds concerned about privacy to buy drugs. That's what killed the whole scene, Ethereum is the first project (a very professional down, top to bottom) that will cater to a very interested audience. Of course it can become a little irrelevant with the course of the months and years and that's about it.

However, it holds the chance to completely change the way we do things, banks for example are looking for a blockchain standard, imagine if in some months the major banks start to adopt Ethereum not just flirt with it? And then comes development of dapps, etc, that's why there's so much interest in it, the potential is really unlimited.

The other projects are just nice hobbies compared to it, taking out all the BS bitcoin clones, nobody even uses Bitcoin they sure won't use freaking Litecoin or Dodge or whatever privacy enforced sh*tcoin they are pushing. It won't happen.

I've been fully invested in Ethereum from the get go, don't get me wrong, but I also have my feet planted on the ground. I have no doubt ETH will be a strong contender in the crypto world going forward, until replaced that is. I'm very happy I got on board early on, but I try not to lose sight of reality, especially when it comes to my money, and the reality is there is millions of Eth holders not in the market, and it will only take one or two whales to wipe the entire buy market out. I don't like those kind of risks, nor should you. So it's worth mentioning. After another year or two and ETH becomes more widespread and into many more hands, not a handful of whales, it will be much more stable.

Right now they are using buy walls to heard sheep into their sell walls. That's all that is happening right now. Why sell to the market when the sheep willingly gobble it up? These buy walls, these guys got ETH either FREE or for a few pennies. They could give one rats *ss if somebody dumps a few k into their 50k+ wall. They know in the end the sheep will gobble it up at the next wall. They started doing this around the 400k mark. Watch next time you see the walls go up, and watch how the sheep flock and gobble up the higher wall.
graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:07:29 AM

I think it's not only whales playing.
Can't believe they would be able to produce a 35 mil (more than 50% of BTC) volume.
Lot's of money is entering the market. There's more then only whales playing en newbs buying in with small money.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:11:09 AM

Can't believe they would be able to produce a 35 mil (more than 50% of BTC) volume.

Buying from yourself over and over again doesn't require 35 mil in order to produce 35 mil in volume.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:34:06 AM

[–]vbuterinEthereum -- Vitalik Buterin 20 points 8 hours ago
Have been negotiating ETH sales going all the way up Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/45bhus/so_the_ethereum_foundation_can_now_fund_itself/czwqr30?context=3

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
graffix

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:36:43 AM

Buying from yourself over and over again doesn't require 35 mil in order to produce 35 mil in volume.
Can't see them buying from themselves over and over again for these kind of amounts. Sure it plays a part, but not a significant one I think.

pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:21:07 AM

Also as heading into the weekend there's often a bit of new money. I'll short when it hits what I think it can be worth (8USD) though 5-6USD for the moment is good for something going so hard.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:49:11 AM

Lot's of money is entering the market. There's more then only whales playing en newbs buying in with small money.

Litecoin pump had more volume: https://web.archive.org/web/20150709232122/http://coinmarketcap.com/

That's the Chinese exchanges with 0% fees - where ETH isn't listed. Becomes quite expensive tactic when paying fees, which you'd have to do on Polo or Kraken  Wink
Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:05:21 PM

When the weekend comes, the bitcoin price usually dips. This could push the Ethereum price in bitcoin hgiher.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:39:51 PM

Conspiracy thinking is a pervasive prism.

I notice now that people who tend to think the big events of the world are top-down driven keep the same prism of understanding even for such small and ermergent events as a price movement.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:47:44 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2016, 04:58:31 PM by mtnsaa

It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Anyway a pump is what you saw yesterday with EXP, more than 3000% in a few hours...now that's what this community is used too so they think ETH is another scam coin just like that.
dumada

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:53:56 PM

It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's a very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Anyway a pump is what you saw yesterday with EXP, more than 3000% in a few hours...now that's what this community is used too so they think ETH is another scam coin just like that.

Even if the price goes to $10, it will drop fast. If the price can consolidate around $5.0 for a few months, that is good.
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:54:28 PM

It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's a very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Even if the price goes to $10, it will drop fast. If the price can consolidate around $5.0 for a few months, that is good.

The most important now is to see a steady set of implementations to justify any new price rise.
hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:58:49 PM

Even if the price goes to $10, it will drop fast. If the price can consolidate around $0.5 for a few months, that is good.

ftfy let's not pretend these ethereum smart contract or whatever vaporware tokens have any intrinsic value Roll Eyes
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:46:39 PM

It's actually healthy but not for the faint of heart that price is correcting a little bit, an hyberbole to $10 in two days would be great but it's not real in any way or form. I think the floors have to establish a little more, I can see even going 90-95 but I don't think this is a pump, there's genuine interest in ETH and the potential is real, everybody wants to get it cheap, FOMO. Now, I do understand that placing huge money here it's very high risk though, I for one could not stomach that level of anxiety.

Percentage-wise, recovery from here is actually possible. The retraces on Bitcoin's bubble to 260 were similar in magnitude, such as the retrace to 52.34 on 23rd March, from a peak of 74.9 two days earlier (-30.1%). For reference, the current drop is -25.7%.

New users to Polo is also increasing as fast if not faster than ever - approximately 1000 since yesterday (which is more than the day previously). As long as fresh meat floods in to refill the ranks of this Zulu-like army, the battle can continue.

On the negative side, the orderbook has been hit and volume from the last push was only marginally higher.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:59:29 PM

I personally will only buy now after a very large drop. I'm not selling anymore, there's no point at these prices. There are many trying to accumulate 1500 ETH to stake, I think many of those are major companies and financial institutions or just serious investors. 72M Ethers is really nothing if the platform gets adopted by only one major company or institution which I think there's a high chance to happen this year or the next, this is a long game.

hdbuck
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:42:29 PM

I personally will only buy now after a very large drop. I'm not selling anymore, there's no point at these prices. There are many trying to accumulate 1500 ETH to stake, I think many of those are major companies and financial institutions or just serious investors. 72M Ethers is really nothing if the platform gets adopted by only one major company or institution which I think there's a high chance to happen this year or the next, this is a long game.

how would a company "adopting" ether bring more value to the tokens? seriously.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:03:59 PM

how would a company "adopting" ether bring more value to the tokens? seriously.

Tokens are actually needed not like Bitcoin, what are you talking about? You are telling me that if major corporations NEED Ether fuel to run their apps and platforms the price would not be crazy high? Get real.

I understand if you think Ethereum is just hype and will never be adopted (like it happened to Bitcoin, before it got known as the terrorists/hackers/scammers coin it had a shot because of its blockchain I guess)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: