Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ..

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOJO] MOJOv3 has been taken over by new devs  (Read 167259 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:05:57 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE

We realise that we are effectively stuck at the moment and that we will not be able to move the chain effectively so this is what we will do:
1. Update the protocol version with an immediate hard fork to activate X11 PoW blocks to move the chain.
2. We will burn 5,000,000 MOJO to take the total down.
3. We will activate X11 PoW mining with a block reward of 20 MOJO per block for 6 months and keep PoW enabled for a while as a backup measure to make sure we never end up with a stuck chain again.
4. We will remove the restriction that requires a master node to be running for other wallets to stake.

We have made a review of the code and believe that the MN system / PoS is correct and will work post hard-fork.

We expect to implement this on Tuesday 26/07/2016 evening time (GMT)

Since there is no moving chain and the wallet.dat will be compatible with the new post hard-fork wallets this should not present a problem for anyone.

This will ensure that we can drive The Mojocoin project forward and not get bogged down in issues like these. We can then focus on the utility of MOJO and move forward with the roadmap.

I will update the OP, Twitter, blog etc. shortly.

Links to new wallets will be up hopefully by Tuesday evening. Hang in there...

Thank you
so for the second time are my coins gone again. i know you did do me right the first issue and i thank you very much that was very kind of you but what will happen with the 23k i lost today

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:17:14 AM

so for the second time are my coins gone again. i know you did do me right the first issue and i thank you very much that was very kind of you but what will happen with the 23k i lost today

your coins aren't lost...the chain is in a stalled/slow-moving state right now so the transaction will take especially long to get conformations. I see on the BE that the TX now has 2 conformations. If you don't want to wait these long periods of time for transactions to complete, don't send coins when the chain is stalled.
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:46:33 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE

We realise that we are effectively stuck at the moment and that we will not be able to move the chain effectively so this is what we will do:
1. Update the protocol version with an immediate hard fork to activate X11 PoW blocks to move the chain.
3. We will activate X11 PoW mining with a block reward of 20 MOJO per block for 6 months and keep PoW enabled for a while as a backup measure to make sure we never end up with a stuck chain again.
4. We will remove the restriction that requires a master node to be running for other wallets to stake.

We have made a review of the code and believe that the MN system / PoS is correct and will work post hard-fork.

Since there is no moving chain and the wallet.dat will be compatible with the new post hard-fork wallets this should not present a problem for anyone.

This will ensure that we can drive The Mojocoin project forward and not get bogged down in issues like these. We can then focus on the utility of MOJO and move forward with the roadmap.

Thank you

So mojo will be hybrid PoW & PoS with masternodes on top?
d-trix

Activity: 459

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 04:09:42 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you

Thanks for the update dev, can't wait for the continuous development after all known issues have been solved.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:27:28 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you

It was always as PoW coins, it's just that there was limit set in the code for when the network would stop accepting PoW blocks. Now, we open for PoW blocks again and give a mining award for 6 months that will create around 5 mill. coins and we 'burn' 5 mill coins to compensate. What we acheive is to get more users on the network and we will prevent any future block or network / chain stop. This will move the chain to around the 1 min block time set. We may reduce the min. stake time. We will see, so for 6 months at least we will be a PoW/PoS hybrid with masternodes on top.

Soooooooon...............
dsutil

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:20:29 PM

I am fully aware of the situation and that the chain is stuck and we are working on solutions. We will not give it up and will find a solution to drive this forward. If MNs could please keep running for the time being that would be useful. I will update when I have something to update about. If anyone can read code and wants to help then please do, and if you find a problem please highlight but be specific.

We are working on this so there is little point in making complaint posts unless you have a specific idea or have found a bug.
ok is that why i have lost coins again that never made it Status: 0/unconfirmed
Date: 7/23/2016 14:24
To: MGvJAPj8kzCxmw9MX9xm9w9UN7SNf7jjAF
Debit: -23014.00 MOJO
Transaction fee: -0.0002 MOJO
Net amount: -23014.0002 MOJO
Transaction ID: 056a8a880ecfb5f4c08486d1cd31ae61b8001f70b52067e46c4dac9c94328dfc-000

Now your transaction has 2 confirmations:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mojo/tx.dws?056a8a880ecfb5f4c08486d1cd31ae61b8001f70b52067e46c4dac9c94328dfc.htm
cjmining

Activity: 586

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 12:40:06 PM

your coins aren't lost...the chain is in a stalled/slow-moving state right now so the transaction will take especially long to get conformations. I see on the BE that the TX now has 2 conformations. If you don't want to wait these long periods of time for transactions to complete, don't send coins when the chain is stalled.

My coins are also stuck (45k) due to slow confirmations. It's ok you saying don't send coins when the chain is stalled, I was answering the call for people to send coins to get the chain moving. I was more than happy to leave them on exchange but decided to do my bit to help. They have moved a little over the last day. Now have 7 and 2 confirmations rather than the 5 and 0 i had before.
bigs21024

Activity: 294

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:09:45 PM

i had no idea i would have this issue so are you saying i will get coins but will take a while

Beoga
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 07:07:09 PM

Just wonder - does anyone have mature coins in wallet?
BBoBB

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

Do it right or don't do it at all.

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 08:45:31 PM

I do... but as the block-chain is a snail heading in the wrong direction on a moving walkway powered by another snail Cheesy...
I'm not holding my breath for stakes ...

Tue/Wed We should be on and rolling... as the dev stated
Beoga
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 07:49:44 AM

I do... but as the block-chain is a snail heading in the wrong direction on a moving walkway powered by another snail Cheesy...
I'm not holding my breath for stakes ...

Tue/Wed We should be on and rolling... as the dev stated

Do you leave wallet opened?
We need more wallet with mature coin.

Unfortunately all my coin was on livecoin, now I am trying to send it to my wallet to support MOJO network.
Some of them confirmed and waiting for mature.
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:14:46 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Thank you

It was always as PoW coins, it's just that there was limit set in the code for when the network would stop accepting PoW blocks. Now, we open for PoW blocks again and give a mining award for 6 months that will create around 5 mill. coins and we 'burn' 5 mill coins to compensate. What we acheive is to get more users on the network and we will prevent any future block or network / chain stop. This will move the chain to around the 1 min block time set. We may reduce the min. stake time. We will see, so for 6 months at least we will be a PoW/PoS hybrid with masternodes on top.

I thought mojo was pure PoS, anyway, the PoW will unblock the pipes, so a good move. where are the burnt 5M coins coming from, the mojo 'foundation'?
Beoga
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:28:18 AM

Since only POS there are no blocks with empty trnsaction.
May be this is the reason why so few blocks? No transaction - no block?
I see that all my last transactions instant confirmed.

If so - then network works.
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:43:05 PM

IMPORTANT

Prepare for a hard-fork tonight at some point GMT (London time) or latest tomorrow. We are currently building the new Windows-qt and the Mac will be released a bit later. So if you are running a Mac wallet please stop it and backup at the time of the hard-fork. If you keep staking you would loose any coins you stake after the hard-fork. Same applies for Windows users. Once the new hard-fork Windows-qt is announced then upgrade ASAP. You should not have to resync the chain. The current chain is moving so slow that this should not cause any issues. The wallet.dat / private keys are compatible with the new wallets, so worst case scenario is that you have to re-sync but it’s a short chain.

Once the Windows-qt v.2.1 is live I will link to it in the OP, the thread, the blog, the website and Twitter.

You MUST update to v.2.1 as soon as possible as any blocks found with the old wallets will be invalid. Any wallet with protocol version lower than 9000 will be disconnected from the new chain.

Masternodes will unfortunately have to rebuild from the updated source. Once I publish the links to the Windows-qt 2.1 assume that the source code is up to date as that is the one we have built from.

You will then be able to mine using an X11 miner w/ a 20 MOJO block award.

Any pool operators want to participate and set up a pool?

cjmining

Activity: 586

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:24:11 PM

I currently have 3 transfers, 75k coins, not confirmed fully yet. One has 9 confirmations 1 has 7 and 1 has 5. Will these transfers still go through ok ?
Once done do i just backup my wallet.dat file ready for the new wallet ?
EBK1000 (OP)
Legendary

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 08:36:03 PM

I currently have 3 transfers, 75k coins, not confirmed fully yet. One has 9 confirmations 1 has 7 and 1 has 5. Will these transfers still go through ok ?

All we are really doing with the fork is to activate PoW mining, so everything to do with addresses and private keys do not change so your wallet.dat should be fully compatible with the v.2.1 wallet. You may have to re-sync but no coins should be lost in this process. If you have lost coins after the hard-fork, just give it a day and PM me with details and we will see what we can do.

FURTHER UPDATE
1. I have informed Livecoin and Coinexchange and they are ready to update to version 2.1 so there should be minimal disruption if you are trading.
2. I have also contacted some pool operators to see if we can get some pools up after the hard-fork. You can also solomine (don't ask how, if you know how you know, if not please look it up).

Laters....

BBoBB

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

Do it right or don't do it at all.

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:22:38 PM

All we are really doing with the fork is to activate PoW mining, so everything to do with addresses and private keys do not change so your wallet.dat should be fully compatible with the v.2.1 wallet. You may have to re-sync but no coins should be lost in this process. If you have lost coins after the hard-fork, just give it a day and PM me with details and we will see what we can do.

FURTHER UPDATE
1. I have informed Livecoin and Coinexchange and they are ready to update to version 2.1 so there should be minimal disruption if you are trading.
2. I have also contacted some pool operators to see if we can get some pools up after the hard-fork. You can also solomine (don't ask how, if you know how you know, if not please look it up).

Laters....

i have a simple pool setup for my personal mining/testing.... if we do not have a public pool up when needed.. i'll pass the community the required info to connect if anyone is interested...

cheers
cookiepool

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Living in CEST - love cookies :-)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:29:36 PM

Hi all,

as soon as the source is released I'm happy to include mojo on my pool.

I will reduce the mining fee for the first month to 0%

cookie

my small pool : https://cookiepool.xyz
starsnshamrocks

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:36:58 PM

FURTHER UPDATE

Laters....

i have a simple pool setup for my personal mining/testing.... if we do not have a public pool up when needed.. i'll pass the community the required info to connect if anyone is interested...

cheers

Cheers BBoBB,

I think many here would be interested.
sunce33

Activity: 1974
Merit: 592

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:19:02 AM

Still some bounty available?Example translation for Croatia language?
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: