Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:22:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1  (Read 397330 times)
slax0r

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:15:19 PM

My miner doesn't support dwarfpool. If you can raise 1 BTC (with a group of people), I will add support for it.

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs. 
slax0r

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:19:00 PM

My miner doesn't support dwarfpool. If you can raise 1 BTC (with a group of people), I will add support for it.

Any takers?

What's a good BTC based crowd funding site? I can set something up there.

Perhaps a smart contract for it from one of the templates on github.  One for Ethereum, one for Expanse and one for SHIFT.  That should bring in some dev cash.
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 03:22:52 PM

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs. 

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
Genoil (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:29:44 PM

Any takers?

What's a good BTC based crowd funding site? I can set something up there.

Perhaps a smart contract for it from one of the templates on github.  One for Ethereum, one for Expanse and one for SHIFT.  That should bring in some dev cash.

Of course. Sometimes I forget where all the mining is actually useful for Grin

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

Of course. Or use a different pool. Moar money for you!

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 03:51:14 PM

all this by using the eth-proxy instead of stratum mode with genoil miner?
Vaccomundus

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:18:07 PM

what is better for nvidia, launching with -U or -G?
clintar2

Activity: 202
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 04:40:57 PM

thx Smiley. MSVC didn't need those. I blindly applied your patch, don't have time to spin up a Linux instance now.

It works fine. I was going to mention it might be better to allow a couple of cards to do DAG creation instead of one at a time. I just changed the while a bit to get it to do 2 cards at a time

Code:
diff --git a/libethcore/EthashGPUMiner.cpp b/libethcore/EthashGPUMiner.cpp
index 2346b71..9e7d082 100644
--- a/libethcore/EthashGPUMiner.cpp
+++ b/libethcore/EthashGPUMiner.cpp
@@ -144,7 +144,7 @@ void EthashGPUMiner::workLoop()
                {
                        if (s_dagLoadMode == DAG_LOAD_MODE_SEQUENTIAL)
                        {
-                               while (s_dagLoadIndex < index()) {
+                               while (s_dagLoadIndex + 1 < index()) {
                                        this_thread::sleep_for(chrono::seconds(1));
                                }
                        }
I guess that could be the option instead of completely sequential, a number for how many to build the DAG at the same time would be nice.
slax0r

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:06:14 PM

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs.  

all this by using the eth-proxy instead of stratum mode with genoil miner?

Yes, after not being successful at getting a working stratum connection with genoil ethminer by itself to Dwarfpool, I dropped back to genoil ethminer in regular getwork (farm) mining mode to an eth-proxy and ran a network sniffer on the inbound and outbound traffic on the proxy host machine.
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 05:25:42 PM

FASTER WITH -U FLAG--

The extra features and CUDA code Genoil has implemented are really good.  The miner is slightly faster with the "-U" flag set for nVidia, but I don't have numbers to back that up.  Never bothered to collect the data.  Genoil seems to be feature focused in his coding efforts, rather than speed focused.  Apparently, the Dagger-Hashimoto algo has little room for speed enhancement.

Please correct me if I am wrong!       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
navydude

Activity: 283

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 05:51:56 PM

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs.  

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

What are you using for your AMD cards? I have been using Claymore 4.3 seems to be ok. Do you suggest anything different? My 6 380x cards are pulling about 128.5 on average. (21.4 percard)

Genoil (OP)

Activity: 438

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:07:19 PM

FASTER WITH -U FLAG--

The extra features and CUDA code Genoil has implemented are really good.  The miner is slightly faster with the "-U" flag set for nVidia, but I don't have numbers to back that up.  Never bothered to collect the data.  Genoil seems to be feature focused in his coding efforts, rather than speed focused.  Apparently, the Dagger-Hashimoto algo has little room for speed enhancement.

Please correct me if I am wrong!       --scryptr

I've mostly been speed focused over the course of about half a year, but nothing I tried anything made a significant difference, except for the warp shuffles in the CUDA kernel, which did about 3% and some tuning of the Keccak stages, which gave a similar improvement. I've recently ported most (except warp shuffle) of those improvements back into the OpenCL kernel, but they only work for NVidia. Wolf0's latest modded binary (private) kernel also enables sort-of-a warp shuffle on AMD, which gives it an edge over the standard OpenCL kernel. And something else but I don't know what Smiley

I don't know where Claymore gets his additional 5-ish percent performance increase from, but I really can't keep up with the features he keeps adding to his miner. But mine is free  Grin 

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
slax0r

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:23:50 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

What are you using for your AMD cards? I have been using Claymore 4.3 seems to be ok. Do you suggest anything different? My 6 380x cards are pulling about 128.5 on average. (21.4 percard)

With genoil ethminer Im pulling 27.x MHs per Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X under Ubuntu 14.04 with the proprietary AMD driver set at 15.something.  Was running the stock ethminer that came with the ethereum package. Mining speed is roughly a 7 MHs increase on average. Its also farm mining against an eth-proxy running on a different server setup for Expanse on Dwarfpool.  I had hoped to use genoil's ethminer stratum feature to hit it directly (sans proxy) so that I could set up a little profit switching with Ethereum and SHIFT but to no avail.  Just have to have a little more patience Wink

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

ethminer -R ~/.ethash-exp -E old --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://192.168.1.5:8080/rig3 --cl-extragpu-mem 16 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

Haven't checked out Claymore yet, but I will now. Smiley

NOTE:  Vapor-X cards suck for mining which is why I use them on my test rig. I would expect that a better version of the R9 280X or a newer generation card will probably have better results.
clintar2

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 06:40:37 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

With genoil ethminer Im pulling 27.x MHs per Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X under Ubuntu 14.04 with the proprietary AMD driver set at 15.something.  Was running the stock ethminer that came with the ethereum package. Mining speed is roughly a 7 MHs increase on average. Its also farm mining against an eth-proxy running on a different server setup for Expanse on Dwarfpool.  I had hoped to use genoil's ethminer stratum feature to hit it directly (sans proxy) so that I could set up a little profit switching with Ethereum and SHIFT but to no avail.  Just have to have a little more patience Wink

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

ethminer -R ~/.ethash-exp -E old --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://192.168.1.5:8080/rig3 --cl-extragpu-mem 16 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

NOTE:  Vapor-X cards suck for mining which is why I use them on my test rig. I would expect that a better version of the R9 280X or a newer generation card will probably have better results.
27 MHs? I barely get 20 on my powercolor 280x
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 06:52:38 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:00:31 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

are you using the wolfo version, which seems to offer a boost of 7%? still need proof of this
slax0r

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:16:35 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

Generally, your rig will get slower as the difficulty rises and the DAG gets bigger, regardless the mining software you use.  An optimized CL kernel will only get you so far after all.  The best variable to adjust your overall speed just from my experience is the Farm recheck time.  get a good balance there with your other variables and it will give a smooth consistent mining speed rather than speeds that tend to fluctuate
.   Also keep in mind that Im mining the snot out of Expanse at 27 MHs (much lower difficulty) for now as the difficulty of Ethereum which I was getting about 20 MHs per card until it eventually grew above a difficulty that I could remain profitable at.  SHIFT for example with such a currently low difficulty would give a high mining rate I think.
clintar2

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:23:45 PM

Generally, your rig will get slower as the difficulty rises and the DAG gets bigger, regardless the mining software you use.  An optimized CL kernel will only get you so far after all.  The best variable to adjust your overall speed just from my experience is the Farm recheck time.  get a good balance there with your other variables and it will give a smooth consistent mining speed rather than speeds that tend to fluctuate
.   Also keep in mind that Im mining the snot out of Expanse at 27 MHs (much lower difficulty) for now as the difficulty of Ethereum which I was getting about 20 MHs per card until it eventually grew above a difficulty that I could remain profitable at.  SHIFT for example with such a currently low difficulty would give a high mining rate I think.

OOOooh. I didn't notice that.  Smiley
slax0r

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:26:56 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

UPDATE:  Gave Claymore a spin and it is fairly elegant.  I didnt really see the speed increase. In fact it was a little slower.  But that may be configuration settings and such also.  Regardless, I don't like proprietary binaries running on my rigs so I gave it the ax and switched back to genoil's ethminer.
scryptr
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 07:30:31 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

are you using the wolfo version, which seems to offer a boost of 7%? still need proof of this

STOCK ETHMINER--

Just to answer your question, I am using a very standard version of Ethminer.  It is very reliable, and mines 24/7 without crashing.  Maybe I could mine Expanse at 27MH/s, but would I make more profit?  Haven't done the math.       --scryptr

slax0r

Digital Currency fanatic

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 07:36:43 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

STOCK ETHMINER--

Just to answer your question, I am using a very standard version of Ethminer.  It is very reliable, and mines 24/7 without crashing.  Maybe I could mine Expanse at 27MH/s, but would I make more profit?  Haven't done the math.       --scryptr

Expanse unfortunately isnt quite up there with Ethereum as far as price goes. If you can mine enough EXP in a day vs 1 ETH in a day you could be at least be even.  Honestly Ive only roughly worked out the math. Im just a mining freak that doesn't like my rigs to be unproductive.  And all my rigs run 24/7 as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: