Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 11:57:03 PM

I'm so happy to read so many people disagreeing with it so boldly. This means it has become a really realistic possibility because the majority is always wrong.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kacak41

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:05:29 AM

I'm so happy to read so many people disagreeing with it so boldly. This means it has become a really realistic possibility because the majority is always wrong.

what you are saying is true but bitcoin to reach $5k will take some time its not that easy to achieve that milestone, as it is said that there is no short cut to success same goes with the value of bitcoins, it will reach there in future but it will take time.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:20:35 AM

what you are saying is true but bitcoin to reach $5k will take some time its not that easy to achieve that milestone, as it is said that there is no short cut to success same goes with the value of bitcoins, it will reach there in future but it will take time.

If it doesn't happen in 2016 and if the world continues to be more or less the same it has been for the past 10 years THEN I would agree with you. However, 2016 truly is a critical point in time. I'm even worried that bitcoin's price might be the least of our problems this year. We're lucky if we don't get to see a full blown WW3 this year. I mean look at Turkey, Russia and Saudi Arabia and their flirting with nuclear bombs lately. Doesn't appear good at all.

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:01:24 AM

If it doesn't happen in 2016 and if the world continues to be more or less the same it has been for the past 10 years THEN I would agree with you. However, 2016 truly is a critical point in time. I'm even worried that bitcoin's price might be the least of our problems this year. We're lucky if we don't get to see a full blown WW3 this year. I mean look at Turkey, Russia and Saudi Arabia and their flirting with nuclear bombs lately. Doesn't appear good at all.

Do you guys realize if there's thermo nuclear war, the internet won't survive? In fact, any and all electronic gears, including computers, phones, any electronic gadgets will stop working?

$5K??? R U Joking??? We can't seem to get back up to $500, let alone $1k, and U R talking bout $5K??? You must be HYENA.

ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:19:47 AM

Don't be in so hurry mate, it will certainly take a lot of time to reach there, not probably in next couple of years, may be it would take a decade to achieve that milestone.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:57:50 AM

If you call 0.000001% a realistic possibility, it is your choice. I doubt we go that far, for the reasons I stated above.

this space is intentionally left blank
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:20:21 AM

Do you guys realize if there's thermo nuclear war, the internet won't survive? In fact, any and all electronic gears, including computers, phones, any electronic gadgets will stop working?

$5K??? R U Joking??? We can't seem to get back up to $500, let alone $1k, and U R talking bout $5K??? You must be HYENA.

You are right, this is just not realistic with the market price of today, I think it will even cost many years to even reach this amount, so soon its for away if you aks me.
I think its just a matter of time but it will take years to reach this, the bitcoin itself will go to a higher amount this year because of the halving but not to such a high amount.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 11:20:59 AM

You realize that a full blown nuclear war is the worst possible scenario that will never happen? The other humanoid species would simply not let that happen. What I am referring to is a false flag nuclear attack or a false flag asteroid hit to a specific location on Earth not the whole Earth. Besides, the Internet was designed to persist during war.

Have some respect for a legendary member, brats. I have seen Bitcoin ever since it was trading 4$ each. I remember times when a regular PC mined 1 whole bitcoin per day. Now is the time to accumulate cheap bitcoins and physical silver. 5000$ bitcoins are a very pessimistic prediction, a more probable scenario would include at least 10 000$ bitcoins since it would account for human psychology, fear of missing out and panic buying.

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 11:49:14 AM

You realize that a full blown nuclear war is the worst possible scenario that will never happen? The other humanoid species would simply not let that happen. What I am referring to is a false flag nuclear attack or a false flag asteroid hit to a specific location on Earth not the whole Earth. Besides, the Internet was designed to persist during war.

Have some respect for a legendary member, brats. I have seen Bitcoin ever since it was trading 4$ each.[.b] I remember times when a regular PC mined 1 whole bitcoin per day. Now is the time to accumulate cheap bitcoins and physical silver. 5000$ bitcoins are a very pessimistic prediction, a more probable scenario would include at least 10 000$ bitcoins since it would account for human psychology, fear of missing out and panic buying.

The Internet was not designed to persist during a nuclear war.:

5 It was from the RAND study that the false rumor started claiming that the ARPANET was somehow related to building a network resistant to nuclear war. This was never true of the ARPANET, only the unrelated RAND study on secure voice considered nuclear war. However, the later work on Internetting did emphasize robustness and survivability, including the capability to withstand losses of large portions of the underlying networks.

(ARPANET was "an internet", a network-of-networks. It grew to become the pre-eminent internet now known as The Internet.)

...and $4 BTC? Pah, get off my lawn! It took me 4 days to mine my first 50 BTC with a CPU, and they were only worth $0.10! I kinda forgot about Bitcoin after that, until Slashdot ran a story about Dollar-parity ("OMG! How can magic internet money be worth more than the Dollar? It's unpossible!").

This space intentionally left blank.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:03:18 PM

5 It was from the RAND study that the false rumor started claiming that the ARPANET was somehow related to building a network resistant to nuclear war. This was never true of the ARPANET, only the unrelated RAND study on secure voice considered nuclear war. However, the later work on Internetting did emphasize robustness and survivability, including the capability to withstand losses of large portions of the underlying networks.

(ARPANET was "an internet", a network-of-networks. It grew to become the pre-eminent internet now known as The Internet.)

...and $4 BTC? Pah, get off my lawn! It took me 4 days to mine my first 50 BTC with a CPU, and they were only worth $0.10! I kinda forgot about Bitcoin after that, until Slashdot ran a story about Dollar-parity ("OMG! How can magic internet money be worth more than the Dollar? It's unpossible!").

If that's true then where's the proof that the Internet would not survive a war? It's kind of dumb to argue whether the Internet was designed to survive wars or not when what really matters is if it actually would survive a war or not. And the stuff you quoted yourself indicates that the later work on Internetting did emphasize robustness and survivability, including the capability to withstand losses of large portions of the underlying networks. So WTF dude?

And you just admitted that you kinda forgot about Bitcoin after thatGrin Grin Grin Grin Grin It says everything about you. Satoshi invents the greatest technology after Internet and you kind of forget about it. Just STFU and leave, you're embarrassing yourself.

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:07:45 PM

Have some respect for a legendary member, brats. I have seen Bitcoin ever since it was trading 4$ each. I remember times when a regular PC mined 1 whole bitcoin per day. Now is the time to accumulate cheap bitcoins and physical silver. 5000$ bitcoins are a very pessimistic prediction, a more probable scenario would include at least 10 000$ bitcoins since it would account for human psychology, fear of missing out and panic buying.
Myself, I have also a bit of experience in the market of physical silver (have bought some shiny stuff for me as well, remember $4 price and $50 as well), and I am very sceptical about seeing even three digit silver in the next 2-3 years. I repeat, I have heard similar opinions from many PM-bugs (PM stands for precious metals) and whereas some of the fears are truth, the 'end of the world as we know it' (aka the end of the great Keynesian experiment) theory is made under the assumptions that the 'powers that be' will play boldly and blindly their game to the final crash without re-adapting to the changing conditions. I think this assumption is invalid, and it was already demonstrated that if you own the cards, the table, the referees you can change the game as it pleases you at any given moment.

LMGTFY

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:13:47 PM

If that's true then where's the proof that the Internet would not survive a war? It's kind of dumb to argue whether the Internet was designed to survive wars or not when what really matters is if it actually would survive a war or not. And the stuff you quoted yourself indicates that the later work on Internetting did emphasize robustness and survivability, including the capability to withstand losses of large portions of the underlying networks. So WTF dude?

And you just admitted that you kinda forgot about Bitcoin after thatGrin Grin Grin Grin Grin It says everything about you. Satoshi invents the greatest technology after Internet and you kind of forget about it. Just STFU and leave, you're embarrassing yourself.

You said, and I quote, "Besides, the Internet was designed to persist during war." It wasn't, that's a common misconception. Persistence during war wasn't a design consideration. A separate study into voice-communications by the RAND corporation looked at using packet-switching for persistent during an exchange of nuclear weapons - that's where the misconception comes from. Whether or not the Internet might survive such an exchange is academic, unless you'd like to revise your "Besides, the Internet was designed to persist during war. " to "Besides, the Internet might persist during war".

Love the Satoshi stuff, keep it coming.

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:14:20 PM

our next target is 500$ not 5000$, to reach 5000$ it will take a long time to bitcoin, maybe 10-20 years when everyone start using bitcoin as major payment option worldwide.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:15:03 PM

@ uki

What are you views on a potential gold revaluation as another tool to combat the global economic crisis.

The powers above are starting to run short on tools to combat the problems, QE, low interest rates havent worked.  Now we are moving to negative interest rates then what?
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:16:17 PM

our next target is 500$ not 5000$, to reach 5000$ it will take a long time to bitcoin, maybe 10-20 years when everyone start using bitcoin as major payment option worldwide.

Not to mention some other coins will contend bitcoin in terms of usability so it is even possible that we won't see it reach $5000 even in 10-20 years time.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:29:34 PM

You said, and I quote, "Besides, the Internet was designed to persist during war." It wasn't, that's a common misconception. Persistence during war wasn't a design consideration. A separate study into voice-communications by the RAND corporation looked at using packet-switching for persistent during an exchange of nuclear weapons - that's where the misconception comes from. Whether or not the Internet might survive such an exchange is academic, unless you'd like to revise your "Besides, the Internet was designed to persist during war. " to "Besides, the Internet might persist during war".

Bullshit. You have no way of knowing the real reasons why the Internet came to be. You're just quoting stuff that fits your agenda, trying hard to argue with me on the matter that I do not care about.

Myself, I have also a bit of experience in the market of physical silver (have bought some shiny stuff for me as well, remember $4 price and $50 as well), and I am very sceptical about seeing even three digit silver in the next 2-3 years. I repeat, I have heard similar opinions from many PM-bugs (PM stands for precious metals) and whereas some of the fears are truth, the 'end of the world as we know it' (aka the end of the great Keynesian experiment) theory is made under the assumptions that the 'powers that be' will play boldly and blindly their game to the final crash without re-adapting to the changing conditions. I think this assumption is invalid, and it was already demonstrated that if you own the cards, the table, the referees you can change the game as it pleases you at any given moment.

You are right, in Starcraft matches the player that has clearly lost the game says gg and resigns. The other player won't get to destroy the loser's town. Only AI will fight it until the last drop of blood. From here we can induce that when it becomes clear that bitcoin is the shit worldwide there are suddenly no opponents left to humiliate on their loss. However, I also think that our current condition is not as bad as you have put it. There is no single entity that controls everything and who makes the rules. The fact that we are presented such image is in itself a reason to believe that it is not true because boasting about one's power is a sign of weakness.

uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:39:38 PM

@ uki

What are you views on a potential gold revaluation as another tool to combat the global economic crisis.

The powers above are starting to run short on tools to combat the problems, QE, low interest rates havent worked.  Now we are moving to negative interest rates then what?
What I am saying is, we shouldn't underestimate 'the powers that be'. Their tools seem limited, the crisis seems imminent and yet they manage to kick the can again, and over again. Definitely longer that many of us can afford staying exposed on the market. They also have quite a lot of good brains working for them. All and all, I like what ZeroHedge and Turd Ferguson write, they both are doing fantastic job in educating people (I guess you already know their webpages, if not is a must read!), but I am afraid the process of re-shaping the PM markets and bringing the real value to the gold, silver, and Bitcoin as well, will be much longer and harder than we may expect. It may include another rounds of QE and creative book keeping (job reports, etc.) to show that we are still afloat. My point of view on the PM prices evolved in the last five years from a gold-bug-like to more and more agree with Martin Armstrong's point of view https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/, who seems to be sceptical about real re-valuation happening any time soon.

LMGTFY

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:45:10 PM

Bullshit. You have no way of knowing the real reasons why the Internet came to be. You're just quoting stuff that fits your agenda, trying hard to argue with me on the matter that I do not care about.

I don't care about it that much, either - it's straying well into off-topic. However, you raised it. You - presumably - persist in your claim despite being shown evidence to the contrary. Disprove that evidence, or accept you made a mistake. Incidentally, here's Charles Herzfeld, ARPA's director at the time discussing why ARPANET was created, what the goals for it were - and weren't. But don't just take his word for it, Google is your friend.

The reason it matters is - you made an appeal to your legendary status. I'm of the opinion that, particularly where matters of money is concerned, accuracy is better than longevity. If you raise a topic it looks pretty shabby trying to deflect criticism by calling other participants "brats", dismissing them because you perceive them to be comparative newbies. Particularly when, in the same post, you repeat a common myth.

CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:07:28 PM

Not to mention some other coins will contend bitcoin in terms of usability so it is even possible that we won't see it reach $5000 even in 10-20 years time.

Nope Dude, See Gold is good for jewelry and use in some industrial production processes, but as the price increases, it becomes less useful for both those uses, he says whereas Bitcoin on the other hand, actually becomes more useful. It becomes more useful as a money transfer rail and as a ledger of financial transactions. So it will come in use No need to worry dude.
Sitkack

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:15:21 PM

I think the bitcoin price will go to $1000 soon this year, but $5000? It might be reached in 3 year's time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: