Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:02:25 PM

Bitcoin will probably never get to 5000 imo. We're not even close to 1% at all, and if that were to happen, people would dump the price down to oblivion. There will always be a guy who dumps his bitcoin and kills the price. Of course I could be completely wrong and end up with a few thousand dollars in a few years. Only time can tell.

well actually we have 1% of 5000$, 437$ atm, so we have even more than 1%

but yeah, i don't think that it's possible for bitcoin to grow so high, people will be interested   in etherium,  or other cryptos, so bitcoin probably won't grow to 5000$ anytime, not now, not after 5 years

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:06:55 PM

I do not see this happen at all because of the bitcoin can reach this year maybe 1200 dollar max but there it stops in my eyes.
The bitcoin can reach this amount over the years but not soon and maybe it will even never reach this amount, the bitcoin is not to predict of course.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:17:14 PM

I think will not happen at all, its just that 5000 dollar is too much for the bitcoin itself.
The 2000 dollar be reach at his max in my opinion but not higher and not soon at all it will take years.
bitcoin touch $2000 it's look hard for me maybe we will not bitcoin higher than $1000 for long time even in 2 year again. let's see hope i was wrong.
thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:03:38 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 08:22:43 PM by thms

If you're willing to invest, you have to ask yourself. What's more likely, BTC to reach > 820 USD or some OtherCoin to reach > 23 USD then make your investment accordingly.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:18:58 PM

If you're willing to invest, you have to ask yourself. What's more likely, BTC to reach > 820 USD or some OtherCoin to reach > 23 USD them make your investment accordingly.
But I will invest into bitcoin only. May be you are trying to mean the percentage of growth, but it may happen or may not. But with bitcoin there are 100% chances to reach even $10,000 price levels also. I always want to minimize my risks and want to go with bitcoin alone.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:41:06 PM

If you're willing to invest, you have to ask yourself. What's more likely, BTC to reach > 820 USD or some OtherCoin to reach > 23 USD them make your investment accordingly.
But I will invest into bitcoin only. May be you are trying to mean the percentage of growth, but it may happen or may not. But with bitcoin there are 100% chances to reach even $10,000 price levels also. I always want to minimize my risks and want to go with bitcoin alone.

I think investing in the bitcoin is the best thing you can do for sure these days because of the future it has.
Also keep in mind the bitcoin has a really good future because of the upcoming halving it will let the price rise.
The price will rise to a high amount but of course not to 5000 dollar its to unrealistic.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:01:13 PM

I  agree that halving alone won't bring us far, and if we want to move beyond $500-600, we need such fundamental developments jappening this year. To me an important question is what happens to Bitcoin after such a pump?
We had a 18 month long bear after Mt. Gox's pump and the price went really low, if compared to the ath. How many such pumps and dumps more would make many of the current users abandon Bitcoin completely due to price instability and loss of trust?
You seem to not really get that the current services on the market aren't really anything like bitcoin (not talking about altcoins, which are mostly designed after bitcoin.).
The speculators on bitcoin are a strong bunch, who don't really give up that easily, the code must be broken completely for it to be abandoned. To me it seems that bitcoin is only gaining momentum with all the fud and hate that it gets. Even when the miner fees would be 50 bucks per block slot, people would be saying shit like it must be expensive to have your transaction on the main chain.
So what I'm saying bitcoin won't be abandoned until it's broken and for it to get broken you'd need consensus to break it.
Read again what I wrote. It is not about speculators abandoning Bitcoin, or its code breaking. It is a about Bitcoin becoming a main steam currency. About mass public using it for their daily payments. If we have two or three Mt.Gox-like pumps (and dumps) more, I assure you that most of the broader public won't ever again touch Bitcoin. There will be still bunch of speculators in it and only them (limited market cap). And, I believe, the original goal of Bitcoin was different than to have a gaming tool for a bunch of speculators.  

this space is intentionally left blank
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:12:43 PM

I  agree that halving alone won't bring us far, and if we want to move beyond $500-600, we need such fundamental developments jappening this year. To me an important question is what happens to Bitcoin after such a pump?
We had a 18 month long bear after Mt. Gox's pump and the price went really low, if compared to the ath. How many such pumps and dumps more would make many of the current users abandon Bitcoin completely due to price instability and loss of trust?
You seem to not really get that the current services on the market aren't really anything like bitcoin (not talking about altcoins, which are mostly designed after bitcoin.).
The speculators on bitcoin are a strong bunch, who don't really give up that easily, the code must be broken completely for it to be abandoned. To me it seems that bitcoin is only gaining momentum with all the fud and hate that it gets. Even when the miner fees would be 50 bucks per block slot, people would be saying shit like it must be expensive to have your transaction on the main chain.
So what I'm saying bitcoin won't be abandoned until it's broken and for it to get broken you'd need consensus to break it.
Read again what I wrote. It is not about speculators abandoning Bitcoin, or its code breaking. It is a about Bitcoin becoming a main steam currency. About mass public using it for their daily payments. If we have two or three Mt.Gox-like pumps (and dumps) more, I assure you that most of the broader public won't ever again touch Bitcoin. There will be still bunch of speculators in it and only them (limited market cap). And, I believe, the original goal of Bitcoin was different than to have a gaming tool for a bunch of speculators.  
So you're saying adoption will decline when the price crashes? Well, the hype is over at that point you can't really hype a huge dump...
A lot of people are going to get burned, for sure but blaming bitcoin for their poor timing of the market seems a bit silly, ain't it?
However If they weren't in it for the quick buck and just hold, it wouldn't be like that. the network itself shows clear signs of a economy building itself. Currently if you'd know where to look, you'd find no shortage of places to spend bitcoins. But it still seems way too complicated for ignorant people. I'll just laugh when banks go belly up, no bail-outs this time.
One can only dream, am I right?

//Bunch of speculators are a potential audience for a business. Or am I wrong here?

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:30:04 PM

So you're saying adoption will decline when the price crashes? Well, the hype is over at that point you can't really hype a huge dump...
A lot of people are going to get burned, for sure but blaming bitcoin for their poor timing of the market seems a bit silly, ain't it?
However If they weren't in it for the quick buck and just hold, it wouldn't be like that. the network itself shows clear signs of a economy building itself. Currently if you'd know where to look, you'd find no shortage of places to spend bitcoins. But it still seems way too complicated for ignorant people. I'll just laugh when banks go belly up, no bail-outs this time.

//Bunch of speculators are a potential audience for a business. Or am I wrong here?
Once again. If Bitcoin keeps being a den for speculators instead of attracting broader public, its fate will be limited to a market cap speculation tool. This, and only this.
If  instead of hyping another pump and dump, this time due to halving, there will be more focus on adoption-oriented developments, e.g., block size agreement being one of them, there is a chance to achieve something much bigger. Banks, despite their obvious toxic situation, may survive much longer than Bitcoin, especially, if the mass-adoptoin efforts are only of secondary importance.

ps.
yes, bunch of speculators is an audience for business. The question is the size of the market cap.

makingwin1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:55:11 PM

If you're willing to invest, you have to ask yourself. What's more likely, BTC to reach > 820 USD or some OtherCoin to reach > 23 USD then make your investment accordingly.
well yeah i guess that would be a cool strategy though both prices are really unpredictable and both can go down so i think that it would still be very hard to choose and either way you would most probably lose
USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:03:12 PM

Once again. If Bitcoin keeps being a den for speculators instead of attracting broader public, its fate will be limited to a market cap speculation tool. This, and only this.
If  instead of hyping another pump and dump, this time due to halving, there will be more focus on adoption-oriented developments, e.g., block size agreement being one of them, there is a chance to achieve something much bigger. Banks, despite their obvious toxic situation, may survive much longer than Bitcoin, especially, if the mass-adoptoin efforts are only of secondary importance.

ps.
yes, bunch of speculators is an audience for business. The question is the size of the market cap.
I know that I've done nothing for crypto, but being a dead weight so far. However there are a lot of innovative and smart people around here, who work tirelessly to bring bitcoin to the broader public. Bitcoin isn't all so bad after all. It has done some pretty good things.
ex - http://www.coindesk.com/south-african-primary-school-blockchain/

Why would you think that banks will survive longer than bitcoin? Actually what can kill bitcoin? You scared of a global emp or nuclear war? Get real and step out of your paranoia.

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:30:59 PM

Bitcoin will probably never get to 5000 imo. We're not even close to 1% at all, and if that were to happen, people would dump the price down to oblivion. There will always be a guy who dumps his bitcoin and kills the price. Of course I could be completely wrong and end up with a few thousand dollars in a few years. Only time can tell.

well actually we have 1% of 5000$, 437$ atm, so we have even more than 1%

but yeah, i don't think that it's possible for bitcoin to grow so high, people will be interested   in etherium,  or other cryptos, so bitcoin probably won't grow to 5000$ anytime, not now, not after 5 years

It seems you have some problems with maths. $437 (or $500, as an useful reference) is not 1% of $5000, actually it is 10%, my friend. But I would be satisfied with price reaching the $1000 zone again.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:40:04 PM

I know that I've done nothing for crypto, but being a dead weight so far. However there are a lot of innovative and smart people around here, who work tirelessly to bring bitcoin to the broader public. Bitcoin isn't all so bad after all. It has done some pretty good things.

Why would you think that banks will survive longer than bitcoin? Actually what can kill bitcoin? You scared of a global emp or nuclear war? Get real and step out of your paranoia.
The banks have been doing quite well since middle ages and have survived since then.  (I believe you can also name few nice initiatives the banks founded in the recent years, to be the devil's advocate) Compared to that, six years of Bitcoin history and a bunch of enthusiasts seeing it at the moon every second week seems like a paranoia to me. What I am saying is, boy, get real, and see how much is yet to be done to make the average Joe who doesn't even know what a blockchain is, paying for his groceries in Bitcoin. Instead, we see speculation wars pushing Bitcoin to the Mt. Gox's ath and then getting almost back to double digits. That is not helping Bitcoin's image and broad adoption. If you can't accept that, then let's finish this discussion and let's write $5000 is due next month. Happy?

USB-S

In XEM we trust

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 12:05:16 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 02:15:25 AM by USB-S

The banks have been doing quite well since middle ages and have survived since then.  (I believe you can also name few nice initiatives the banks founded in the recent years, to be the devil's advocate) Compared to that, six years of Bitcoin history and a bunch of enthusiasts seeing it at the moon every second week seems like a paranoia to me. What I am saying is, boy, get real, and see how much is yet to be done to make the average Joe who doesn't even know what a blockchain is, paying for his groceries in Bitcoin. Instead, we see speculation wars pushing Bitcoin to the Mt. Gox's ath and then getting almost back to double digits. That is not helping Bitcoin's image and broad adoption. If you can't accept that, then let's finish this discussion and let's write $5000 is due next month. Happy?
In the end of the day, realistically speaking I know that gaining mass adoption is going to take minimum a decade, but in my heart I know that we'll reach there. I have faith. I know that building something disruptive is going to take quite some time and everything isn't going to happen overnight. Everyone already knows that bitcoin is godly volatile, mostly in an upward trajectory.(isn't that a good thing?)

Here's the difference between you and I--- you're godly pessimistic about crypto, I'm highly optimistic about it. We'll never reach an agreement.
It seems like you have some scars within crypto... Have you lost coins at gox? You seem to mention that exchange a lot. How much did you lose?
Don't let life get you down. I sent you some bits, maybe it'll help with the scars.
Also don't gamble so much, house always wins.

I've already accepted that all the money that I put into crypto may possibly not be there tomorrow. Might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts. I think that this boat will have a long ride. Longer than my life, for sure.

also this https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/demand-for-bitcoins/

````````````````████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
                   Get free eth
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:32:36 AM

I heard that bitcoin prices will soon rise to $ 500 instead of $ 5,000, but maybe the price will be $ 5,000 but maybe at that time all the technology may change, the price of $ 500 may be coming up in June, I hope  Smiley
Akbarkoe
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1005

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:47:28 AM

i'm not sure the price btc up to $5000 soon
maybe in 2020, if all country accept btc for the payment.
but i'm so happy if btc to $5000 soon. 

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Lutzow

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:04:57 AM

i'm not sure the price btc up to $5000 soon
maybe in 2020, if all country accept btc for the payment.
but i'm so happy if btc to $5000 soon. 

But by then an altcoin could gain grounds and get adopted as well. With btc being very expensive, with increasing difficulty and blockchain issues there's a big chance that a POS coin be accepted by merchants.

mkc

Activity: 517
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:44:37 AM

Will Bitcoin reach 100 billion, or 1 trillion?
100 billon is about 5000 per coin. This will be hard but it is posible. 1 trillion probably not going to happen.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:55:26 AM

It will not happen that fast. If it is rising than it will happens slowly and that is very good. But you dont know when it will stop or begin.
And that is the problem. But we all hope that it will be more worth later and that we can sell it with profit.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:57:22 AM

I do not see this happen at all, the bitcoin is too low if this would be higher it would maybe be possible.
I also think it can only happens because of a halving but the halving this year will not reach this number for sure max 1,5k.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: