Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:46:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:52:55 PM

5000USD may never happen, you'll realize later that if the price steps on $500 or probably 700$, a lot of users are going to dump their coins hoping they could buy more when the price is dragged down.
And we can speculate also about returning of BTC to 100$ also because we really don't know what is going to happen. What is regulations becomes very unpleasant for bitcoin? Or even better new coins can take over..
Sure, but there should be some limit for how wild the speculation may be in order not to be considered sci-fi section. To me $5k is a sci-fi section at the moment.

To every normal thinking human being. 5k is Sci-fi. How can anyone expect the price to go times 10 for... no reason at all.
That doesn't make sense to me nor should it. Let's hope the price becomes stable.

There are a few reasons I can think of that might help bitcoin on another moonshot.

1. Supply will half in next couple of months
2. Investors from falling stock markets looking for new investments.
3. Negative interest rates and capital controls imposed by banks on the fiat system.
4. Some kind of debt default or bankruptcy causing another global crisis

These are all reason why the price would rise indeed, but the fact is also that 5000 dollar is just not realistic in my opinion.

Its way too much if you compare it with the market right now, of course the bitcoin is unpredictable but I do not think this could happen anytime soon.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 09:20:23 AM

5000USD may never happen, you'll realize later that if the price steps on $500 or probably 700$, a lot of users are going to dump their coins hoping they could buy more when the price is dragged down.
And we can speculate also about returning of BTC to 100$ also because we really don't know what is going to happen. What is regulations becomes very unpleasant for bitcoin? Or even better new coins can take over..
Sure, but there should be some limit for how wild the speculation may be in order not to be considered sci-fi section. To me $5k is a sci-fi section at the moment.

To every normal thinking human being. 5k is Sci-fi. How can anyone expect the price to go times 10 for... no reason at all.
That doesn't make sense to me nor should it. Let's hope the price becomes stable.

There are a few reasons I can think of that might help bitcoin on another moonshot.

3. Negative interest rates and capital controls imposed by banks on the fiat system.

all four reasons are valid to fuel a rise, but let's have a closer look:
1. halving - it applies only to the coins not yet mined. There are actually enough coins already in circulation to keep the price surpressed arbitrary long. Halving will fuel some growth, but it shouldn't bring us beyond $500-600.
2. new investors - fine, but you have to somehow attract them. Is halving alone sufficient? Not sure? What else do we have (or have we done) to attract them?
3 and 4. are for now too distant future, to have direct influence on the price in the short term perspective. 3 or more years, maybe in case of NIRP. Global meltdown would hit Bitcoin collaterally, as we are not yet ready with the adoption, as we should be for such an event.

this space is intentionally left blank
Drekavac

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 08:49:58 PM

I didn't see convincing reasons why should price go over 1000$ not to mention more.
When i see hard evidence the we can talk. This is speculation till then!
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:20:43 PM

I didn't see convincing reasons why should price go over 1000$ not to mention more.

I would be much happy and satisfied if the price reaches to $1k as it is taking too long to even reach $500 so expecting $5k would be something unrealistic dream to watch for.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:30:44 AM

I would be much happy and satisfied if the price reaches to $1k as it is taking too long to even reach $500 so expecting $5k would be something unrealistic dream to watch for.

Yeah that is right, bitcoin price is having  a hard time crossing the $500 this months, so that $5000 price is still far from becoming true but there is still a possibility..
pissedoff

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:44:22 AM

Yeah that is right, bitcoin price is having  a hard time crossing the $500 this months, so that $5000 price is still far from becoming true but there is still a possibility..
Yeah there is a possibility but that possibility is very very low but it might be possible after a few years.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 12:26:49 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 12:43:19 PM by Hyena

+1

People who fail to understand these points are pretty short-sighted. But most people are, and some even call normality a virtue, although it is actually a sign of mental degeneration.

Some poster attempted to say something as laughable as
Quote from: uki
halving - it applies only to the coins not yet mined. There are actually enough coins already in circulation to keep the price surpressed arbitrary long. Halving will fuel some growth, but it shouldn't bring us beyond $500-600.

Couldn't be more wrong, did you even read the topic?

USB-S posted a link to answer this one:
3 Signs the Demand for Bitcoins is Growing

When you consider that 3600 new bitcoins are created daily (with that number dropping to 1800 by mid-2016) then Bitcoin’s price just holding steady means that buyers are absorbing thousands of coins daily at or near the market price. In fact, Bitcoin’s market cap, a measure of price multiplied by existent coins, is steadily rising even during spells when price remains as idle as a painted quote upon a painted ticker.

edit:
for illustration, here's the chart of bitcoin's market cap, as you can see, it is steadily rising even though the price is the same. now add halving to the equation and you will get a big phat rally

edit2:
also this:

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
LarryHocks

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:34:46 PM

Even if the price would go to 5000. what would it say about bitcoin?
Exactly some kind of monopoly money. Nobody would be stupid enough to buy it at 5k and eventually the price would go to a fair value.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 01:36:20 PM

Even if the price would go to 5000. what would it say about bitcoin?
Exactly some kind of monopoly money. Nobody would be stupid enough to buy it at 5k and eventually the price would go to a fair value.

Yeah, and who would be stupid enough to buy 1200$ gold?!

Pkzone

Activity: 154

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 01:40:27 PM

The problem with Opening post is that it is pure speculation, not really backed by real life events and paradigms. So what if gold market cap is xxx and bitcoin is xx?
These two commodities are not related in direct way whatsoever and while I (as probably everyone here on bitcointalk) agree that bitcoin price is underwhelming atm.
There is NO real evidence that we will reach $5000 anytime soon, and certainly not before 2020. (I wish I was wrong on this...)
Yes, considering the bitcoin's market cap is somewhere near 1% of gold's, there are also a lot of factors that'll affect the price of bitcoins, competition (in mining) will be high, difficulty will be high, this all affects the price of Bitcoin.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:04:01 PM

Bitcoin Prediction: June 2016 will begin the next big bubble. Massive profits await bitcoiners.

Most posters in this topic are going to be sooooo butthurt for not listening to me.

pissedoff

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:07:55 PM

Bitcoin Prediction: June 2016 will begin the next big bubble. Massive profits await bitcoiners.

Most posters in this topic are going to be sooooo butthurt for not listening to me.
Its not quite possible for the bitcoin price to reach $5000 per coin in such a small period of time.
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:11:35 PM

Nobody would be stupid enough to buy it at 5k and eventually the price would go to a fair value.
I am sure many have said such statements about 20$ when it was around 3-4 bucks but it hardly matters and nothing of what we say is going to bring any amount of difference.However,if it goes 5k at this point then it's obvious that it wont survive & thus not going to happen anytime soon.

The problem with Opening post is that it is pure speculation, not really backed by real life events and paradigms. So what if gold market cap is xxx and bitcoin is xx?
These two commodities are not related in direct way whatsoever and while I (as probably everyone here on bitcointalk) agree that bitcoin price is underwhelming atm.
There is NO real evidence that we will reach $5000 anytime soon, and certainly not before 2020. (I wish I was wrong on this...)
Yes, considering the bitcoin's market cap is somewhere near 1% of gold's, there are also a lot of factors that'll affect the price of bitcoins, competition (in mining) will be high, difficulty will be high, this all affects the price of Bitcoin.
Yes, If the price is too good then there is a high chance that it might increase the network hashrate and again bring the price to a non profitable value.
pissedoff

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:16:14 PM

Nobody would be stupid enough to buy it at 5k and eventually the price would go to a fair value.
I am sure many have said such statements about 20$ when it was around 3-4 bucks but it hardly matters and nothing of what we say is going to bring any amount of difference.However,if it goes 5k at this point then it's obvious that it wont survive & thus not going to happen anytime soon.

Yes, If the price is too good then there is a high chance that it might increase the network hashrate and again bring the price to a non profitable value.
Yeah it would again be profitable to turn on old mining hardware that became unprofitable due to difficulty.
D3ViL

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:26:38 PM

this is too much of a price to dream. rule one is, there must not be no other coin to choose from if you dream about these prices in the first place
reuschman

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:27:57 PM

yes there is the potential to hit also more... has the vast majority of user here hope... unless who sold during top bottom Cheesy of 2014-2015 Tongue
jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:29:09 PM

Its not quite possible for the bitcoin price to reach $5000 per coin in such a small period of time.

If that happened I would be rich. Unfortunately I don't actually believe that this will happens within the next 20 years
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:44:24 PM

If that happened I would be rich. Unfortunately I don't actually believe that this will happens within the next 20 years

Just because you have some self-esteem issues and you think you don't deserve to be rich does not mean it's not going to happen. Perhaps you will be stupid enough to sell all your coins just before the big rally so that both parties could win --- you will remain poor and bitcoin will go to 5k.

But seriously, if Robert Kiyosaki Is Predicting A $6,000 oz Silver Price In The Next Few Years then surely bitcoin will get its proportional rise, blasting the prices to 210 000$ per bitcoin.

diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:44:59 PM

yes there is the potential to hit also more... has the vast majority of user here hope... unless who sold during top bottom Cheesy of 2014-2015 Tongue

That would take many years but it is still possible...But I am not waiting for it to happen, or else I will be keeping my coins idle for a very long time and forgot the purpose on why I have it, which is to profit..

hgamezoom

Activity: 141

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:52:23 PM

When Bitcoin was up at 1300, noone expected it to go down to 100.
Now that its up at 400, there are skeptics for 5000 USD range.  I think it could go both ways .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: