Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
Dobmaster

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 06:16:43 PM

We have seen the surge in the gold's market cap lately. This is just the beginning, the first cracks in the current financial paradigm. The problem with gold is that it is physical and thus poses a psychological problem to mainstream investors when it becomes scarce due to extreme demand. The investors will see that they could physically only acquire a miserable and pathetic looking amount of gold (as it has become "too expensive") so they will run into silver. But silver too, has the same intrinsic problem.

So far, bitcoin's deception has lied in the fact that we are presented the idea that one bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places which gives the false image of a bitcoin being a floating point number. In reality block rewards are represented by unsigned integers. Thus instead of 1 bitcoin one has 100 000 000 satoshis. To break the psychological barrier of 1 bitcoin costing too much we should just switch to satoshis. The latter will be plausible when BTC rises in value.

The market cap of gold is $7,252,708,420,909.
The market cap of bitcoin is $ 6,549,170,380 (0.082% of gold's).

I can say that gold is already psychologically too expensive for an average Joe on the street. Imagine when it grows 5x as it has done previously during financial collapses. Owning a gram of gold doesn't make you feel good about it, it feels sad as it is just a tiny speck. So, naturally, other stores of value will gain popularity. If bitcoin was only 1% of gold's market cap, it would already cost more than 5000$ per BTC. If 1 bitcoin costed 5k, then 1 satoshi would be 0.00005$. The world's least valuable currency Iranian Rial trades at 0.00004$ . So after 5k $ bitcoins it would be nothing new to this world to have satoshis for the main units to represent the value of your bitcoins. The world has already seen such a situation in Iran.

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person is 10.72 $. With 5000$ BTC, a daily meal would then cost 214400 satoshis. Let's be honest, 200 000 is not that big of a number any more to be uncomfortable to use in daily basis. This is also the reason why poor countries could adopt bitcoin more easily. They are already used to making transactions of such order of magnitude in their currency units.

I am sure that price will rise to 5000$ just i am not sure when, but probably not soon as price will have to rise 6 or maybe even 7 times

Closest date i can think is 2020 after halving, then price could rise to 3000$, or if we will be lucky even to 5000$, but only then

I agree with that. It might take 5 to 10 years for the price to go to $10,000 or more. It needs many users.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sitkack

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 10:11:28 AM

We have seen the surge in the gold's market cap lately. This is just the beginning, the first cracks in the current financial paradigm. The problem with gold is that it is physical and thus poses a psychological problem to mainstream investors when it becomes scarce due to extreme demand. The investors will see that they could physically only acquire a miserable and pathetic looking amount of gold (as it has become "too expensive") so they will run into silver. But silver too, has the same intrinsic problem.

So far, bitcoin's deception has lied in the fact that we are presented the idea that one bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places which gives the false image of a bitcoin being a floating point number. In reality block rewards are represented by unsigned integers. Thus instead of 1 bitcoin one has 100 000 000 satoshis. To break the psychological barrier of 1 bitcoin costing too much we should just switch to satoshis. The latter will be plausible when BTC rises in value.

I can say that gold is already psychologically too expensive for an average Joe on the street. Imagine when it grows 5x as it has done previously during financial collapses. Owning a gram of gold doesn't make you feel good about it, it feels sad as it is just a tiny speck. So, naturally, other stores of value will gain popularity. If bitcoin was only 1% of gold's market cap, it would already cost more than 5000$ per BTC. If 1 bitcoin costed 5k, then 1 satoshi would be 0.00005$. The world's least valuable currency Iranian Rial trades at 0.00004$ . So after 5k $ bitcoins it would be nothing new to this world to have satoshis for the main units to represent the value of your bitcoins. The world has already seen such a situation in Iran.

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person is 10.72 $. With 5000$ BTC, a daily meal would then cost 214400 satoshis. Let's be honest, 200 000 is not that big of a number any more to be uncomfortable to use in daily basis. This is also the reason why poor countries could adopt bitcoin more easily. They are already used to making transactions of such order of magnitude in their currency units.

I am sure that price will rise to 5000$ just i am not sure when, but probably not soon as price will have to rise 6 or maybe even 7 times

Closest date i can think is 2020 after halving, then price could rise to 3000$, or if we will be lucky even to 5000$, but only then

I agree with that. It might take 5 to 10 years for the price to go to $10,000 or more. It needs many users.

The users numbers of bitcoin is increasing. The paypal has teamed up with coinbase to provide a service to users.
Dobmaster

Activity: 464

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:02:35 AM

The users numbers of bitcoin is increasing. The paypal has teamed up with coinbase to provide a service to users.

If they can convert 1% of the Paypal users to be bitcoin users, that will increase the bitcoin users quite a lot.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:06:24 PM

If they can convert 1% of the Paypal users to be bitcoin users, that will increase the bitcoin users quite a lot.

The higher the number of bitcoin users, the higher the price will be. So we need to increase number at this stage.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:53:35 PM

Bitcoin is never gonna go to this number soon , it will maybe go slowly it will be a real climb to do this in my eyes.
Maybe in about 10 years this is reachable but right now its not at all..of course I hope it will.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:26:00 PM

I'm so happy to read so many people disagreeing with it so boldly. This means it has become a really realistic possibility because the majority is always wrong.
You know that this is not going to happen soon, if it happens then I am going to be shocked that is for sure. For the price to be this high is possible in 2017 or 2018 but not now.

You said 2017  Grin
as if it wasn't soon... it's less than a year till 2017

2017 is just 6 months away. But I think the price will not be $5000 in 2017. If it does reach that level, it will also drop to $500.

bitcoin has seen much larger rises n a short timespan.

for example a 100 time rise in 11 months.

nothing is impossible, and if we get similar rises again we could easily see $50,000 by Q2 2017.

It's not even that unlikely, considering the long bear market and the halving and all the infrastructure improvement and investments since the last big peak.

If guys like Tim Draper conservatively believe Bitcoin will hit $10,000 by 2018, anything is possible.

I believe the Brexit doesn't look good for the future of the Euro fiat currency. The US dollar is no longer backed by gold, and it seems the logic is that it is too big to fail. Unfortunately you can't earn any interest, and they just keep printing more every time there is a bigger debt problem. We could easily see another financial meltdown in the near future with no way out this time.

At some point it will be Bitcoin to the rescue.

Decentralized currency continues to look better and better
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 01:35:14 AM

The bitcoin is gonna go to 5000 dollar but not anytime soon because the halving is indeed coming but will not let the price go to such a amount.
I think that the 5000 dollar will be hit next year or something near that year to be honest.
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:24:50 AM

If guys like Tim Draper conservatively believe Bitcoin will hit $10,000 by 2018, anything is possible.

I believe the Brexit doesn't look good for the future of the Euro fiat currency. The US dollar is no longer backed by gold, and it seems the logic is that it is too big to fail. Unfortunately you can't earn any interest, and they just keep printing more every time there is a bigger debt problem. We could easily see another financial meltdown in the near future with no way out this time.

At some point it will be Bitcoin to the rescue.

Decentralized currency continues to look better and better

For business, it would be much easier to plan ahead if the monetary policy is known. Bitcoin is much more transparent.

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 11:52:34 AM

The bitcoin is gonna go to 5000 dollar but not anytime soon because the halving is indeed coming but will not let the price go to such a amount.
I think that the 5000 dollar will be hit next year or something near that year to be honest.
Bitcoin will never touch $5000 soon. There may be chance that the price will hit a higher point say $1000 to 1200 from now until block halving.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

Bitcoin will never touch $5000 soon.

nice trolling

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:04:17 PM

nice trolling

It has the potential to reach 5k, but not much faster as we need a lot of capital in order for that to take place.
No matter what people think, I agree with you that it will be there, but not "soon", the max it might go is 2x the price it went during previous halving.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:12:55 PM

nice trolling

It has the potential to reach 5k, but not much faster as we need a lot of capital in order for that to take place.
No matter what people think, I agree with you that it will be there, but not "soon", the max it might go is 2x the price it went during previous halving.

If it could do 2x it could just as easily do 3x
Maybe your new to btc but this wouldn't be unusual at all if you look back at how it normally rises ...
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:22:44 PM

nice trolling

It has a potential of getting to the moon, but that's not realistic when you are speculating. Tings like these go with tsteps and the fist step now is getting to 800 which has been proven a hard stpe.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 12:28:47 PM

It has a potential of getting to the moon, but that's not realistic when you are speculating. Tings like these go with tsteps and the fist step now is getting to 800 which has been proven a hard stpe.

false. in 2013 bubble 800$ was broken in no time. not hard at all.

BTW silver prices are already soaring. To all non-believers, read OP. My prophecy is manifesting.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:32:32 PM

Bitcoin is never gonna go to this number soon , it will maybe go slowly it will be a real climb to do this in my eyes.
Maybe in about 10 years this is reachable but right now its not at all..of course I hope it will.
i think you are surely right about this thing, in my opinion the price is not going to reach such number pretty soon though i doubt that it is actually impossible to do that

in my opinion the price is going to be 5000 dollars in like 5 years or something like that, that would be really cool to be honest as it would bring all the investors decent money
fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:29:54 PM

i think you are surely right about this thing, in my opinion the price is not going to reach such number pretty soon though i doubt that it is actually impossible to do that

in my opinion the price is going to be 5000 dollars in like 5 years or something like that, that would be really cool to be honest as it would bring all the investors decent money

Yeah $5k price is difficult to achieve but may be in future it can reach there, as of now I am eagerly waiting to see price of $1k so that I can sell some coins and grab some profits.
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:54:35 PM

I hope the price of bitcoin to $ 5000 in the near future. but probably not for the moment, even bitcoin is very difficult to stabilize at $ 700. but most likely, when bitcoin began to be accepted worldwide and paypal, maybe the price of bitcoin will pass priced at $ 1000, and headed to the $ 5000 price
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:06:29 PM

Bitcoin will probably never get to 5000 imo. We're not even close to 1% at all, and if that were to happen, people would dump the price down to oblivion. There will always be a guy who dumps his bitcoin and kills the price. Of course I could be completely wrong and end up with a few thousand dollars in a few years. Only time can tell.

the people who dump bitcoin will dump way before $5000 on the way up if they havent already dumped for stupidly low prices
i can rememeber a time when fuckloads of bitcoins were dumped at $6 and then at $10 etc
i guess the people who got them for free via cpu mining thought it was a good deal back then .....
i guarantee you the game has changed since then and people are scrambling to hoard as much as they can ,while telling others to dump dump dump
and trying to spread FUD as usual

people have had plenty of opportunity to buy in "cheap" and if they havent taken it then let the chips fall where they may ........
no hard feelings ,eh chaps
sooner or later ,dont blame us if "this is gentlemen"  Wink

martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:41:24 AM

The value of the Bitcoin is not going to be $5000 any time soon now and I do not know why some people believe that something like this is going to happen soon.
We still need a couple more years before the price comes even close to this. First we need to hit $1000 before we are going to talk about $5000.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 07:47:21 AM

The value of the Bitcoin is not going to be $5000 any time soon now and I do not know why some people believe that something like this is going to happen soon.
We still need a couple more years before the price comes even close to this. First we need to hit $1000 before we are going to talk about $5000.

It's too early to have a very high assumption about the price of bitcoin. I think it will just hit 1000usd for 2017-2018. But we dn't really know cause as far as I'm concern if many people leave MMM which I know got influence by the btc fluctuation last november 2015 this may also affect the price of bitcoin because MMM use bitcoin crypto-currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: