Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 08:32:40 PM

http://benjaminfulford.com/secretgoverment.html

^ Predicts that George Bush would resign and cede the nation to a regime headed by Al Gore???

This guys predictions (inside information, whatever you want to call it) sound made up.  Doesn't seem like all that trustworthy of a source.

No single source of information should ever be taken as the only basis of knowledge. What you just said is only a step away from a typical ad hominem attack. Let me guess, if the guy would have been always right in his predictions, you would simply say "past performance does not guarantee future results" and think you have nailed the debate. For that reason it is quite useless to have an argument here, since your mind will always find a way to defend its beliefs.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:41:38 PM

That's impossible do you really think the price will rise $5000 for me no maybe $1000 in the near future it will happen..
Bitcoin is just digital currency and this is not a thing like a antique things.. That you can sell for the amount of $5000..

Are you sure you're on the right forum? Comparing Bitcoin to antiques is a very unique stretch.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:12:56 PM

http://benjaminfulford.com/secretgoverment.html

^ Predicts that George Bush would resign and cede the nation to a regime headed by Al Gore???

This guys predictions (inside information, whatever you want to call it) sound made up.  Doesn't seem like all that trustworthy of a source.

No single source of information should ever be taken as the only basis of knowledge. What you just said is only a step away from a typical ad hominem attack. Let me guess, if the guy would have been always right in his predictions, you would simply say "past performance does not guarantee future results" and think you have nailed the debate. For that reason it is quite useless to have an argument here, since your mind will always find a way to defend its beliefs.

Not even close.  I listened to and read some of his work with an open mind.  He sounded legit at first, but some of the things he says just threw up huge red flags, like some of the things I mentioned before.  Yes he's interesting to listen to, but he sounds like he has WAY too fantastical of an imagination (or lots of very questionable sources?) to be taken seriously.  And I didn't have dig too deep to find these flat out wrong statement, predictions, whatever you want to call them.  The fact that he constantly says things, like "my sources tell me" doesn't make anything he is saying credible in the least bit.

I mean, he claims to be the "spokesman" for the "white dragon society" who was offered $25 TRILLION (or $50 trillion) to "stay quiet?" Give me a break dude.

Sounds like YOU may be the one too wrapped up in his work to see that he is not a very good source of information.
MF Doom

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:34:34 PM

Another 5 min of reading turns up this, where he not only claims, but PROMISES that:

"The Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, the Jewish bankers in Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, ah, what do you call them, the Bushes and the Clintons."

"THESE are the kind of people we don't want in power any more. And we're going to remove them. That's the promise: THIS YEAR [2012]"

I don't disagree with the gist of what he is saying, those in control of world finances, gvts, etc are horrible, and more or less have most people enslaved, whether they know it or not.

But, you are right though, there is nothing further to argue here.  I'm sorry if you've spent countless hours listening to this guy (and are apparently enthralled by him), but unfortunately he has little to no credibility.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 04:41:16 PM

Not even close.  I listened to and read some of his work with an open mind.  He sounded legit at first, but some of the things he says just threw up huge red flags, like some of the things I mentioned before.  Yes he's interesting to listen to, but he sounds like he has WAY too fantastical of an imagination (or lots of very questionable sources?) to be taken seriously.  And I didn't have dig too deep to find these flat out wrong statement, predictions, whatever you want to call them.  The fact that he constantly says things, like "my sources tell me" doesn't make anything he is saying credible in the least bit.

I mean, he claims to be the "spokesman" for the "white dragon society" who was offered $25 TRILLION (or $50 trillion) to "stay quiet?" Give me a break dude.

Sounds like YOU may be the one too wrapped up in his work to see that he is not a very good source of information.

Not even close. I don't care much about that particular guy and I don't know the essence of his other work. I only know him for actually getting an interview from David Rockefeller.

Another 5 min of reading turns up this, where he not only claims, but PROMISES that:

"The Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, the Jewish bankers in Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, ah, what do you call them, the Bushes and the Clintons."

"THESE are the kind of people we don't want in power any more. And we're going to remove them. That's the promise: THIS YEAR [2012]"

I don't disagree with the gist of what he is saying, those in control of world finances, gvts, etc are horrible, and more or less have most people enslaved, whether they know it or not.

But, you are right though, there is nothing further to argue here.  I'm sorry if you've spent countless hours listening to this guy (and are apparently enthralled by him), but unfortunately he has little to no credibility.

Why feel sorry for something that didn't happen? You clearly have a malformed image of me.

I can just throw you another video to chew if you think you have for some reason discarded the previous one as garbage.

The Economic System Will Most Likely Crash By 2016 And Everyone Will Feel The Pain: Jeff Berwick

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:46:17 PM

We have seen the surge in the gold's market cap lately. This is just the beginning, the first cracks in the current financial paradigm. The problem with gold is that it is physical and thus poses a psychological problem to mainstream investors when it becomes scarce due to extreme demand. The investors will see that they could physically only acquire a miserable and pathetic looking amount of gold (as it has become "too expensive") so they will run into silver. But silver too, has the same intrinsic problem.

So far, bitcoin's deception has lied in the fact that we are presented the idea that one bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places which gives the false image of a bitcoin being a floating point number. In reality block rewards are represented by unsigned integers. Thus instead of 1 bitcoin one has 100 000 000 satoshis. To break the psychological barrier of 1 bitcoin costing too much we should just switch to satoshis. The latter will be plausible when BTC rises in value.

The market cap of gold is $7,252,708,420,909.
The market cap of bitcoin is $ 6,549,170,380 (0.082% of gold's).

I can say that gold is already psychologically too expensive for an average Joe on the street. Imagine when it grows 5x as it has done previously during financial collapses. Owning a gram of gold doesn't make you feel good about it, it feels sad as it is just a tiny speck. So, naturally, other stores of value will gain popularity. If bitcoin was only 1% of gold's market cap, it would already cost more than 5000$ per BTC. If 1 bitcoin costed 5k, then 1 satoshi would be 0.00005$. The world's least valuable currency Iranian Rial trades at 0.00004$ . So after 5k $ bitcoins it would be nothing new to this world to have satoshis for the main units to represent the value of your bitcoins. The world has already seen such a situation in Iran.

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person is 10.72 $. With 5000$ BTC, a daily meal would then cost 214400 satoshis. Let's be honest, 200 000 is not that big of a number any more to be uncomfortable to use in daily basis. This is also the reason why poor countries could adopt bitcoin more easily. They are already used to making transactions of such order of magnitude in their currency units.

That sounds to me a lot like gold bug mantra. I have heard it a lot since the crash from the ATH in gold. That is in the last FIVE years gold was gonna go someday to five digit territory and even beyond. Never happened. Quite to the contrary gold was put under huge selling pressure instantiated by the big banks (also called The Cartel by the gold bugs) every time there was an important support line, to induce even more damage. And so gold went from $19xx to $10xx handle, that is nearly 50% discount. Bitcoin is of course younger and more volatile, but $5k is a pure sci-fi and I suppose this thread should be moved to such a section.

this space is intentionally left blank
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

I do not see this happen, the bitcoin itself is getting back up because the market is getting bigger and people are believing again in the bitcoin, but its also the question if the bitcoin can go to a high amount.
The bitcoin can go to a amount of 1k but I do not see it happen soon that the price will go to such a high amount.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:38:53 PM

I guess imbalances in countries and global scenarios is what moving the BTC and Gold prices up

I could see chinese situation is main reason for this BTC spike

I am sure with thi current market scenario BTCcan reach 500 $
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:59:41 PM

price still under $1000 and you had predict bitcoin could reach $5000 soon, i don't think bitcoin can go to that's level soon or in the future. the reason is until right now bitcoin never back to $1000++
Koamder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:33:11 PM

price still under $1000 and you had predict bitcoin could reach $5000 soon, i don't think bitcoin can go to that's level soon or in the future. the reason is until right now bitcoin never back to $1000++

I believe the bitcoin price will go to $5000 in a few years time, not very soon. The price will be $1000 soon.
MF Doom

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 07:38:40 PM

Why feel sorry for something that didn't happen? You clearly have a malformed image of me.

I can just throw you another video to chew if you think you have for some reason discarded the previous one as garbage.

The Economic System Will Most Likely Crash By 2016 And Everyone Will Feel The Pain: Jeff Berwick

A malformed image of you?  I simply showed you that the guy you are sharing with others is not credible.  You then went into defense mode saying that my brain would not allow me to believe this guy.

A further 5 min of research shows that he claims the ghost of his grandfather was an adviser to a Canadian Prime Minister??  Now he is on the level of bat ish crazy.  Or more commonly known as a disinformation agent.  He mixes truth with (in his case) absolutely insane and unbelievable nonsense.

Again I'm sorry that you believe anything that comes from this lunatic, because you must in order to go sharing his videos.  I am going to stay far away from his nonsense, but yes I too am amazed he got an interview with rockefeller
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:33:23 PM

You are right and the its also true that it needs be a lot higher right now to do this soon otherwise its not possible, I even think its not possible this year.
It maybe can go to a high amount this year, I think it can reach a maximum of 2,5k this year but this is just a prediction, due to the halving it is possible that it will jump but not to such a high amount.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:37:51 PM

A malformed image of you?  I simply showed you that the guy you are sharing with others is not credible.  You then went into defense mode saying that my brain would not allow me to believe this guy.

A further 5 min of research shows that he claims the ghost of his grandfather was an adviser to a Canadian Prime Minister??  Now he is on the level of bat ish crazy.  Or more commonly known as a disinformation agent.  He mixes truth with (in his case) absolutely insane and unbelievable nonsense.

Again I'm sorry that you believe anything that comes from this lunatic, because you must in order to go sharing his videos.  I am going to stay far away from his nonsense, but yes I too am amazed he got an interview with rockefeller

And I simply do not care if the guy is credible or not because he is not my only source of information, obviously. What he says aligns with other sources and in combination the knowledge I get this way is at least plausible if not outright obvious.

You know the old saying "don't shoot the messenger" ? In your case we should invert that sentence so that it would become "Just because you don't like the messenger, you should not discard the message."

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:43:55 PM

That sounds to me a lot like gold bug mantra. I have heard it a lot since the crash from the ATH in gold. That is in the last FIVE years gold was gonna go someday to five digit territory and even beyond. Never happened. Quite to the contrary gold was put under huge selling pressure instantiated by the big banks (also called The Cartel by the gold bugs) every time there was an important support line, to induce even more damage. And so gold went from $19xx to $10xx handle, that is nearly 50% discount. Bitcoin is of course younger and more volatile, but $5k is a pure sci-fi and I suppose this thread should be moved to such a section.

For the record I'm not a goldbug. In fact, I hold zero physical gold. Instead I hold physical silver and I believe silver has much higher profit potential than gold. Silver is simply undervalued, especially against gold. I will swap my silver to gold when the silver/gold ratio goes down.

The demand for physical precious metals is getting higher and higher lately. We all know that the amount of physical precious metals in the vaults is far lower than what is shown in the books. Guess what happens when the vaults get empty? That's when the price skyrockets but people are unable to buy into gold/silver since there is simply nothing left. People will then look other alternatives such as bitcoins and BOOM BTC GOES TO 17000$

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:51:39 PM

Not gonna happen. I expect it to stay below $1000 for years. If it ever goes much above the previous high like to $1300 anything can happen even $5000.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MF Doom

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:55:22 PM

And I simply do not care if the guy is credible or not because he is not my only source of information, obviously. What he says aligns with other sources and in combination the knowledge I get this way is at least plausible if not outright obvious.

You know the old saying "don't shoot the messenger" ? In your case we should invert that sentence so that it would become "Just because you don't like the messenger, you should not discard the message."

Point taken, probably I shouldn't care so much, but there are a lot of people out there who mix nonsense in with truth, and it can be very hard to see though.

Like I said this guy begins to touch on some important stuff, but when he starts saying things like he delivered a letter to rockefeller from the ghost of his grandfather? Thats where he loses me.  You are right though, especially when hunting for information online, lots of sources give you bits and pieces of truth, but very few are fully accurate/trustworthy.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 09:07:29 PM

but when he starts saying things like he delivered a letter to rockefeller from the ghost of his grandfather? Thats where he loses me

Yeah that truly is funny  Grin and in such cases I prefer to laugh on the spot. Take what I need and discard what I don't like.

bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:04:35 PM

Not gonna happen. I expect it to stay below $1000 for years. If it ever goes much above the previous high like to $1300 anything can happen even $5000.

Indeed, the bitcoin to the amount of 5000 dollar, no this is not gonna happen not even this year it will happen, maybe next year its possible.
But I do not see this happen this year at all and for sure not soon at all, maybe the halving will let the price jump but not to such a high amount!
unununium

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:07:06 PM

5k? not this year, sorry
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:52:29 PM

For the record I'm not a goldbug. In fact, I hold zero physical gold. Instead I hold physical silver and I believe silver has much higher profit potential than gold. Silver is simply undervalued, especially against gold. I will swap my silver to gold when the silver/gold ratio goes down.

The demand for physical precious metals is getting higher and higher lately. We all know that the amount of physical precious metals in the vaults is far lower than what is shown in the books. Guess what happens when the vaults get empty? That's when the price skyrockets but people are unable to buy into gold/silver since there is simply nothing left. People will then look other alternatives such as bitcoins and BOOM BTC GOES TO 17000$
what happens when the vaults get empty? Nothing, the price manipulation scheme in the paper markets (of gold and silver) will continue as usual. That would be my bet. As today, when each paper ounce has many claimers, and nobody even bothers to take the delivery. This is how these markets work since 70s (the final unpeg from the gold standard), and I wouldn't be surprised if this scheme works another forty years. As long as there is nearly no-one taking the delivery, the game continues. And what influence would it have on the Bitcoin market? I have no clue, but I guess less than you expect. Therefore, I would be very reluctant to predict four digit Bitcoin prices based on that. Bitcoin needs to improve a lot in terms of adoption, before you can expect to rise stably into four digit territory, let alone $5k a piece.

this space is intentionally left blank
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: