Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:18:55 PM

5000 dollars is perfectly on the realistic outcome of the resolution of the hard fork crisis + halving + more good news. Once that is done, we will see a massive increase in trust therefore in price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:56:44 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 03:19:47 PM by Jmild1

The speculation for 5000 is just too high. Very small increase everyday and if it fluctuates I  don't think it will achieve quadruple rate of what it has now.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:10:44 PM

5000 dollars is perfectly on the realistic outcome of the resolution of the hard fork crisis + halving + more good news. Once that is done, we will see a massive increase in trust therefore in price.

5k is the dream lol.

Yet we still havent hit the 1k dream so I`ll start believing more once I see higher price range towards that 1k dream.

Until then those scenarios you mentioned doesnt guarantee it will be at that price.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:26:30 PM

The speculation for 5000 is just too high. Very small increase everyday and if it fluctuates I  don't it will achieve quadruple rate of what it has now.
Indeed its just too high, 5000 dollar is not reachable in my eyes, its even unrealistic if I'm honest right ?
Its maybe all a matter of time but it will take a lot of time and will be not anytime soon.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:48:21 PM

I certainly hope it will go up that high. I'm pretty sure it will just keep going up and up but it's up to people and their greed to decide when to cashout or to even cashout at all.
Personally i would hold onto my btc and wait it out while only cashing out when needed.
Straux

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:52:13 PM

It will take many years for the market cap to match or beat gold's. It is highly plausible though, that bitcoin will hot $5000.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:53:30 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 07:06:38 AM by uki

Some poster attempted to say something as laughable as
Quote from: uki
halving - it applies only to the coins not yet mined. There are actually enough coins already in circulation to keep the price surpressed arbitrary long. Halving will fuel some growth, but it shouldn't bring us beyond $500-600.

Couldn't be more wrong, did you even read the topic?

USB-S posted a link to answer this one:
3 Signs the Demand for Bitcoins is Growing

When you consider that 3600 new bitcoins are created daily (with that number dropping to 1800 by mid-2016) then Bitcoin’s price just holding steady means that buyers are absorbing thousands of coins daily at or near the market price. In fact, Bitcoin’s market cap, a measure of price multiplied by existent coins, is steadily rising even during spells when price remains as idle as a painted quote upon a painted ticker.

edit:
for illustration, here's the chart of bitcoin's market cap, as you can see, it is steadily rising even though the price is the same. now add halving to the equation and you will get a big phat rally

edit2:
also this:

I repeat, halving doesn't guarantee any thing in terms of price (see last halving in Bitcoin; connecting that to the two rallies in 2013 is BS to say the least), as there are already sufficient coins in circulation to keep the price suppressed, if the whales decide to do so.
Why would they do that? For example to remove the competitors from the mining business. Waiting for the difficulty to adjust after halving may be longer than some miners can afford. Pushing price down and re-buying coins at cheaper prices would provide the whale miners with the gain, during the time the difficulty is too high to make mining as profitable (as before the halving). I see it much more realistic than your end-of-fiat collapse scenario.

this space is intentionally left blank
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:39:44 AM

It will take many years for the market cap to match or beat gold's. It is highly plausible though, that bitcoin will hot $5000.
There is a chance it might make it to the 5000 dollar but of course not anytime soon because that is just too much for the bitcoin itself it will take too long for sure.
I have no doubt it would make it but it will take some time for sure.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:24:16 AM

There is a chance it might make it to the 5000 dollar but of course not anytime soon because that is just too much for the bitcoin itself it will take too long for sure.
I have no doubt it would make it but it will take some time for sure.

I do not see this chance at all most likely the bitcoin is not gonna reach this number, I even highly doubt it ever will.
Its just too much for anytime soon and also the fact is that the bitcoin still has to proof itself with the halving.
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:58:34 AM

5k is the dream lol.

Yet we still havent hit the 1k dream so I`ll start believing more once I see higher price range towards that 1k dream.

Until then those scenarios you mentioned doesnt guarantee it will be at that price.
It will not happen that soon, because you can see that the value is rising already very slowly and that is really bad. But we have to wait and see.
I think it is almost impossible, because you never know what will happen with the value and that is the biggest problem of Bitcoin.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:00:48 AM

it will take years and years before we see the market cap of bitcoin being just 1% of the total gold market cap. if we somehow manage to realize this, then it can be considered a great achievement for sure! we only don't know what will happen in the future. we don't know if bitcoin gets replaced by something better after 10 to 20 years. everything is possible.

yes it will take lots of time for 5000$, but i don't think that it can be replaced,  i mean etherium or litecoin could change bitcoin but i don't think that it will happen

and for price to 5000$ we will need atleast 25 years and lots of good things for bitcoin, like no price fall at all, rises only and so on
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:18:29 AM

I repeat, halving doesn't guarantee any thing in terms of price (see last halving in Bitcoin; connecting that to the two rallies in 2013 is BS to say the least), as there are already sufficient coins in circulation to keep the price suppressed, if the whales decide to do so.
Why would they do that? For example to remove the competitors from the mining business. Waiting for the difficulty to adjust after halving may be longer than some miners can afford. Pushing price down and re-buying coins at cheaper prices would provide the whale miners with the gain, during the time the difficulty is too high to make mining as profitable (as before the halving). I see it much more realistic than your end-of-fiat collapse scenario.

Yeah, go on, argue with the facts because your theory is far more powerful than the facts. After all, your theory makes sense while the facts don't. Are you kidding? Bitcoin price rallied after halving. There is far more reason to belive that it will rally again than to bash your head against the wall chanting "halving doesn't guarantee any thing in terms of price". It is your reply that is the BS to say the least.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:56:47 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2016, 11:09:26 PM by uki

Yeah, go on, argue with the facts because your theory is far more powerful than the facts. After all, your theory makes sense while the facts don't. Are you kidding? Bitcoin price rallied after halving. There is far more reason to belive that it will rally again than to bash your head against the wall chanting "halving doesn't guarantee any thing in terms of price". It is your reply that is the BS to say the least.
once again in plain English:
1.) Up to now already 73% of all coins are mined. It will be 75% when we get to the halving point. That means that 75% of 21 million coins will be already in circulation, not being subject to the mining business. Now you are arguing that these 25% yet to be mined will overweight the supply-demand  of the remaining 75%, shooting the price ten fold from where we are now. Interesting, to say the least.
2.) remind us, kindly, what were conditions back in 2013 when the two pumps in question happened? You may mention 'Mt. Gox' and 'Wally' in your description. Write how it relates to halving, that happened in the end of November 2012.
3.) back to 2016. There is no Mt. Gox and no Wally any more. Do you expect even bigger pump that will attract even more money than the one in the end of 2013? Based on what? Look, what happened during the last pump in November 2015. Price touched $500 and immediately went down to $350. Why it should be different this time? Nothing has fundamentally changed (in terms of adoption of Bitcoin) from the November till now, to support such a rally.  

Who is arguing with facts?

this space is intentionally left blank
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:10:21 PM

Bitcoin will probably never get to 5000 imo. We're not even close to 1% at all, and if that were to happen, people would dump the price down to oblivion. There will always be a guy who dumps his bitcoin and kills the price. Of course I could be completely wrong and end up with a few thousand dollars in a few years. Only time can tell.
I partially agree with you.Yes it is true that when price start growing high,many people start selling their coins to make profit but it is also a fact that high price brings many new users to Bitcoin.I think the highest number of people adopted bitcoin was when btc was $1000.So price rise can sometimes further escalate the demand

Oriannaa

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:13:43 PM

it will take years and years before we see the market cap of bitcoin being just 1% of the total gold market cap. if we somehow manage to realize this, then it can be considered a great achievement for sure! we only don't know what will happen in the future. we don't know if bitcoin gets replaced by something better after 10 to 20 years. everything is possible.

yes it will take lots of time for 5000$, but i don't think that it can be replaced,  i mean etherium or litecoin could change bitcoin but i don't think that it will happen

and for price to 5000$ we will need atleast 25 years and lots of good things for bitcoin, like no price fall at all, rises only and so on

I rather take chances on bitcoin.

I would not take any chances on any other alt coin to be pumped to make up for the price between waiting around for bitcoins price.

1 day you can be up, the next thing you know the alt coin can be all crap.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 06:53:35 PM

1.) Up to now already 73% of all coins are mined. It will be 75% when we get to the halving point. That means that 75% of 21 million coins will be already in circulation, not being subject to the mining business. Now you are arguing that these 25% yet to be mined will overweight the supply-demand  of the remaining 75%, shooting the price ten fold from where we are now. Interesting, to say the least.

You fail to understand that there are big chunks of coins that are not circulating. Take Satoshi's stash, for example. Those 25% of coins are not the only thing to increase demand. You must always take into account the FOMO factor and speculation. Finally, bitcoins are still vastly undervalued so there is natural growth potential.

2.) remind us, kindly, what were conditions back in 2013 when the two pumps in question happened? You may mention 'Mt. Gox' and 'Wally' in your description. Write how it relates to halving, that happened in the end of November 2012.

Those two pumps happened after halving, what is here to remind you? The Cyprus crisis and Mt. Gox drama only amplified the pumps that were bound to happen anyway.

3.) back to 2016. There is no Mt. Gox and no Wally any more. Do you expect even bigger pump that will attract even more money than the one in the end of 2013? Based on what? Look, what happened during the last pump in November 2015. Price touched $500 and immediately went down to $350. Why it should be different this time? Nothing has fundamentally changed (in terms of adoption of Bitcoin) from the November till now, to support such a rally.  

Read the first post. You seem to be very determined at ignoring the global financial meltdown factor that will give bitcoin the boost it needs. This is the first time in Bitcoin's history when it can actually prove its usefulness during a major financial crisis. This is why Satoshi invented Bitcoin in the first place, read it from the genesis block and stop asking dumb questions.

Who is arguing with facts?

You are, dumbass. Block reward halving is a fact, hard-coded into the protocol. Before you continue, educate yourself about the nature of inflation and its effect on prices. And always, always leave room for the human emotions and market overreactions. This is how bubbles happen.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Cashew

Activity: 391

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:34:13 PM

It depends on what you call soon. That's a truth that you can't ignore than in a dozen of years, the price will be around 5000$ per Bitcoin, if not more ! Exciting times are definitly coming Wink !
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:56:25 AM

It depends on what you call soon. That's a truth that you can't ignore than in a dozen of years, the price will be around 5000$ per Bitcoin, if not more ! Exciting times are definitly coming Wink !

I think soon will be 20 years from now,5000$ is really big price to come by the following years, when that price has been achieve people will really be happy.
Drekavac

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 07:48:31 PM

Definitely bitcoin is very good choice and price will rise but no one can tell how and what will be the peak.
All this is just speculation and is used as extended arm of hype.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 08:06:03 PM

Op was posted 1 month ago and bitcoin is going up by day.I hope this speculation come true and by the time we reach halving,bitcoin price cross $1000 mark

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: