Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:19:41 AM

I know that I've done nothing for crypto, but being a dead weight so far. However there are a lot of innovative and smart people around here, who work tirelessly to bring bitcoin to the broader public. Bitcoin isn't all so bad after all. It has done some pretty good things.
ex - http://www.coindesk.com/south-african-primary-school-blockchain/

Why would you think that banks will survive longer than bitcoin? Actually what can kill bitcoin? You scared of a global emp or nuclear war? Get real and step out of your paranoia.
The banks have been doing quite well since middle ages and have survived since then.  (I believe you can also name few nice initiatives the banks founded in the recent years, to be the devil's advocate) Compared to that, six years of Bitcoin history and a bunch of enthusiasts seeing it at the moon every second week seems like a paranoia to me. What I am saying is, boy, get real, and see how much is yet to be done to make the average Joe who doesn't even know what a blockchain is, paying for his groceries in Bitcoin. Instead, we see speculation wars pushing Bitcoin to the Mt. Gox's ath and then getting almost back to double digits. That is not helping Bitcoin's image and broad adoption. If you can't accept that, then let's finish this discussion and let's write $5000 is due next month. Happy?
In the end of the day, realistically speaking I know that gaining mass adoption is going to take minimum a decade, but in my heart I know that we'll reach there. I have faith. I know that building something disruptive is going to take quite some time and everything isn't going to happen overnight. Everyone already knows that bitcoin is godly volatile, mostly in an upward trajectory.(isn't that a good thing?)

Here's the difference between you and I--- you're godly pessimistic about crypto, I'm highly optimistic about it. We'll never reach an agreement.
It seems like you have some scars within crypto... Have you lost coins at gox? You seem to mention that exchange a lot. How much did you lose?
Don't let life get you down. I sent you some bits, maybe it'll help with the scars.
Also don't gamble so much, house always wins.

I've already accepted that all the money that I put into crypto may possibly not be there tomorrow. Might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts. I think that this boat will have a long ride. Longer than my life, for sure.

also this https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/demand-for-bitcoins/
No, I was lucky enough not to lose coins on Mt. Gox. But many people did.
I mention it a lot, because it is one of the best examples how easy is to spoil the image of Bitcoin, and how long it takes to rebuild the trust.
I am in Bitcoin (and altcoins) for more than three years now, long enough to get the feeling that there is a lot of talking about the potential and how good the things may be and a lot of actions that actually go into the opposite direction (speculation, clones of coins built only to inflate the pockets of 'devs'). I remember myself in my early days of Bitcoin, I had similar view to yours. Today, I would call myself sceptical or realistic, but not pessimistic.

this space is intentionally left blank
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 11:21:55 AM

5000 = No
500 = Yes it can happen depending how several factors will play out.
For starters the halving.
Then offcourse we have to see if the new capital from several markets will come in. Either China or Wall Street can really boost it.
Nextgen

Activity: 410

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 12:03:33 PM

I also think it can only happens because of a halving but the halving this year will not reach this number for sure max 1,5k.
It can also happen if more companies start using it or simply when large amounts of fiat is injected and could happen for more than one reason.There isn't any liquid anyways and is just order-book.

Then offcourse we have to see if the new capital from several markets will come in. Either China or Wall Street can really boost it.
What reasons do you have to believe that ? I don't think any of them would ever get into this low volume stuff.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:27:28 PM

Every time you have a day dream, have certain limitations. This seems to be something strange expecting such a high price. Had did a good calculation by comparing with gold capital. Everything happens as calculated only if it gets universal acceptance same as gold.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:04:12 PM

I also think it can only happens because of a halving but the halving this year will not reach this number for sure max 1,5k.
It can also happen if more companies start using it or simply when large amounts of fiat is injected and could happen for more than one reason.There isn't any liquid anyways and is just order-book.

What reasons do you have to believe that ? I don't think any of them would ever get into this low volume stuff.
It will not happen soon. That is impossible. I think that it will be of course more worth later in the future.
But it needs time and that is the bad time. It can take a long time and that is annoying. We must wait and wait.
bitcoinhopper

Activity: 336

Bravity is beautiful.

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:38:25 PM

It will be possible of course. But you dont know when it will happen and that is the problem. We all want it happens fast.
But we have no control and that is the problem. We just have to wait for what is going to happen.

silentkiller

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:46:40 PM

It will be possible of course. But you dont know when it will happen and that is the problem. We all want it happens fast.
But we have no control and that is the problem. We just have to wait for what is going to happen.
it will not happen it takes decades to make a thing to have a big value,just like bitcoin it will only have a bigger after decades or centuries.cause bitcoin will replace the we all known paper money in the future.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 08:15:26 PM

it will not happen it takes decades to make a thing to have a big value,just like bitcoin it will only have a bigger after decades or centuries.cause bitcoin will replace the we all known paper money in the future.
I am not sure people are ready for that. Also Bitcoin, as it is now, does not seem that 'easy to use' for non-tech people. If you ask hundred people outside of this forum the following two questions: (1) if they know Bitcoin at all and (2) would they move all their life savings into Bitcoin tomorrow. I wonder if you get two 'yes' answers from anybody. Btw., would you move all your savings to Bitcoin tomorrow?

Drekavac

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 09:20:42 PM

5000 = No
Yes i feel it also. There is no money for bitcoin to go 10x this is insane even to think this way. We need really big money now and every next rise this will need more money invested..Wall Street  can do this for us.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 10:37:13 PM

5000 = No
Yes i feel it also. There is no money for bitcoin to go 10x this is insane even to think this way. We need really big money now and every next rise this will need more money invested..Wall Street  can do this for us.

You are right, this will never gonna happen its just to much for the bitcoin in my opinion also the fact that the bitcoin need to gain a lot of people to even reach this.
Maybe there is a little chance that it will happen but it will take a lot of years to reach this number for sure.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 10:12:23 AM

I am not sure people are ready for that. Also Bitcoin, as it is now, does not seem that 'easy to use' for non-tech people. If you ask hundred people outside of this forum the following two questions: (1) if they know Bitcoin at all and (2) would they move all their life savings into Bitcoin tomorrow. I wonder if you get two 'yes' answers from anybody. Btw., would you move all your savings to Bitcoin tomorrow?
It will not happen that fast. Its now good to hold it of course, because the value is not that high. So it is not good to sell it.
I hope that more people will sell it with some profit and that they also going to use more. That will be so great.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:14:28 PM

It will not happen that fast. Its now good to hold it of course, because the value is not that high. So it is not good to sell it.
I hope that more people will sell it with some profit and that they also going to use more. That will be so great.

As most users suggested, bitcoin won't grow high in a short term to such a big price. I believe when $5000 currency is released bitcoin might touch the price.
Altcoinsupporter

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:49:25 PM

As most users suggested, bitcoin won't grow high in a short term to such a big price. I believe when $5000 currency is released bitcoin might touch the price.
It wont happen soon. It will take a really long time and that is the problem. If it is rising than you must wait.
So that is hard to predict you know.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:58:02 PM

It wont happen soon. It will take a really long time and that is the problem. If it is rising than you must wait.

Well due to that why not buy some coins, put them in cold storage and do something else for a few years.
This way time will run much faster for you, because you are not specifically waiting for the price to rise and you don't checkt it constantly.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:26:45 PM

i can argue that i couldhappen soon, or it's best to say, suddenly, because the market is very unstable and not predictable

it can happen at any time, like the pump to 1200 happened randomly
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:29:15 PM

i can argue that i couldhappen soon, or it's best to say, suddenly, because the market is very unstable and not predictable

pump to $1200 didn't happen randomly. It was well prepared (the bots were deployed) and things were going like crazy for a longer time.
Let's don't talk numbers only, let's also mention the condition and environment we had back then.
Do you see the difference?

jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:47:58 PM

It can happen at any time but 5000 dollar is just to much if you ask me, there will always be signs the market is gonna increase but 5000 dollar is just unrealistic if I'm honest.
The fact that the halving can go to a high amount is right but this will almost never happen because a halving is not just a thing why the price is gonna go to a high amount.
I even think the halving can destroy the bitcoin, so I have a lot of doubts..
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:33:45 PM

I consider this as not possible for sure, its just not reachable any time soon for sure, its too much for the bitcoin,
Maybe its possible in a few years but not before that, no doubts about that.
Altcoinsupporter

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:40:09 PM

It will not happen soon I think. Of course there will be a time that it will reach but not that fast.
We need to wait and see for what is going to happen later in the future. But I think it will take a long time.
Jmild1

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:37:15 PM

It's too early to have a very high assumption about the price of bitcoin. I think it will just hit 1000usd for 2017-2018. But we dn't really know cause as far as I'm concern if many people leave MMM which I know got influence by the btc fluctuation last november 2015 this may also affect the price of bitcoin because MMM use bitcoin crypto-currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: