Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:38:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCT] C-Bit - Elegantly Solving Bitcoin's Blocksize Problem [SHA256][POW]  (Read 66764 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:42:08 PM

Hi Dev, there are actually some bounty for the making of a unique designed paper wallet plust the translation of the ann to spanish? it is an interesting project, perhaps we should try to add this coin to some exchange and add like payment option in some multipool too

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:13:06 AM

Looks like top miner on Alpha pool also has the top wallet 17SChZbbrn9APTN5Tw4eyiC95q2xTMXqJL
daggerpunt

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:45:35 AM

Looks like top miner on Alpha pool also has the top wallet 17SChZbbrn9APTN5Tw4eyiC95q2xTMXqJL

Is that a surprise to you?

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:58:56 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 04:58:23 AM by craslovell

Nevermind.. I don't know how i saw that wrong. It's a different address... either way that address is either the dev team or someone that was truly scoping the hell out of this thread waiting for launch.. Pretty much mined its entire balance in a little over the first hour of launch. 2.2 million

Someone has a nice stash either way  Roll Eyes

daggerpunt

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:06:14 AM

Nevermind.. I don't know how i saw that wrong. It's a different address... either way that address is either the dev team or someone that was truly scoping the hell out of this thread waiting for launch.. Pretty much mined it's entire balance in a little over the first hour of launch. 2.2 million

Someone has a nice stash either way  Roll Eyes

They could have been scoping the hell out of this thread like I was. I would have more coins if I started earlier, but got tied up with some things. Either way, there's 210 million coins and only ≈13.2 million have been mined so far. I've been paying close attention to the rich list and from my own observations the individual at number 1 hasn't increased their holdings by very much recently. This tells me they have halted their mining efforts. Moreover, I have been continuously mining and have seen a sharp decrease in the amount of coins coming my way. When you put things in perspective 2.2 million XCT out of 210 million XCT isn't shit. This individual may have 16.84% of the current holdings, but they only have 1% of the minable coins.

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 04:23:45 AM

Nevermind.. I don't know how i saw that wrong. It's a different address... either way that address is either the dev team or someone that was truly scoping the hell out of this thread waiting for launch.. Pretty much mined it's entire balance in a little over the first hour of launch. 2.2 million

Someone has a nice stash either way  Roll Eyes

They could have been scoping the hell out of this thread like I was. I would have more coins if I started earlier, but got tied up with some things. Either way, there's 210 million coins and only ≈13.2 million have been mined so far. I've been paying close attention to the rich list and from my own observations the individual at number 1 hasn't increased their holdings by very much recently. This tells me they have halted their mining efforts. Moreover, I have been continuously mining and have seen a sharp decrease in the amount of coins coming my way. When you put things in perspective 2.2 million XCT out of 210 million XCT isn't shit. This individual may have 16.84% of the current holdings, but they only have 1% of the minable coins.

I - like you - got in 5 hours after launch but i was able to obtain a solid 210k coins which is more than enough for me considering the block difficulty now.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 10:20:00 AM

i think more of a "branding" would be nice, maybe we can have a logo contest or something? i like the logo as is, but a little "pizzazz" couldnt hurt.

anywho im still mining on alpha, slowly, as i have alot of my hashpower tied up elsewhere..

this should be on an exchange soon, and i wouldn't mind trying to accumulate more, possibly cheaper than mining, from people who jumped on early..

i know bittrex would list the coin for 3BTC, but i think we should wait for yobit to pick it up first, and have some fun.

sunerok

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 12:39:38 PM

what should the starting value of this coin be? i was thinking ~250 satoshi, that way if anyone does dump it'll be easy to collect the coins from their weak hands  Grin

bitwonder

Activity: 374

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

what should the starting value of this coin be? i was thinking ~250 satoshi, that way if anyone does dump it'll be easy to collect the coins from their weak hands  Grin
should be more than that, running yesterday cost 0.245 btc got only 52,000. in a few months reward going to drop then it cost 0.50 btc to mine 52,000 if the hash rate keep this way, so it good to hold. if only few more mining then you get alot less. couple months from now these 52,000 could be worth 1.5 btc
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 03:49:56 PM

Well while we are waiting for an exchange, if anyone wants to buy let me know. Name your price  Wink
bitwonder

Activity: 374

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:56:33 PM

Well while we are waiting for an exchange, if anyone wants to buy let me know. Name your price  Wink
i will pay 0.25 for 150,000 if you dont want to hold
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 04:06:16 PM

Thanks for the offer but for that price I will definitely hold. I'm thinking XCT has a brighter future in store than that. Especially since that is over two entire days of network production for .25 BTC
sunerok

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:48:59 PM

Well while we are waiting for an exchange, if anyone wants to buy let me know. Name your price  Wink

Thanks for the offer but for that price I will definitely hold. I'm thinking XCT has a brighter future in store than that. Especially since that is over two entire days of network production for .25 BTC

yeah i just did the math, that is an entire days emission from the whole network, at this rate, and the difficulty is only going to increase, and when it does, we'll be looking at 10 minute blocks, up from 5 minutes, and then production will be 72000 coins a day. i wouldn't consider letting go of 150,000 for less than 2 btc. now that i've had a chance to check my antminer and my earnings it looks like a more suitable price would be > 1000 sat.

you'd have to spend a few bitcoins just to get that many coins in a day at this point..

Martens58

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:14:18 PM

I will guarantee to everyone here that the ENTIRE development team at C-bit does not hold more than
around 10 % of the entire current float of 13 Million coins. The public holds around 90 % of the current
float. We were caught by surprise at the speed of coins / blocks in the beginning of the launch. We had
theorized the difficulty would increase at a much faster pace than it did, although it did increase rather
rapidly to 17 million. The individual or individuals who got the large amount of coins were simply lucky
that they saw the launch announcement ads and reacted when they did. It was a simple luck of fate and
being in the right place, with the right over-powering mining equipment, at the right moment in history.
We had prepared a launch suitable for multiple smaller mining equipment users. A launch spread out
over the network. More or less, we expected a quiet opening. What we got was small miners interrupted
by an over-powering nuclear detonation. We didn't see that one coming.

As a side note to this thought. I do not know if the individuals who gained the large amount of coins
knew what they were doing was calculated or by accident. I don't know if they were surprised by the
results as much as we were, or not. Doesn't matter. Only they know for sure. However, I do know that
they are VERY wealthy men at this point. I would ask, if they are reading this, to donate some of that
new found wealth back to the C-bit community by donating to the C-bit Development Fund. It can be
found on the C-bit website at www.btc-bit.com . ( It's under one of the menu tabs ). Think of it as an
investment in the future of C-bit and an investment in the future of the valuation of all of the coins you
own. If we continue to develop C-bit, your coins are worth more, and the more you are worth. These
funds will help defray some of the massive costs that we incur to run this network and improve the coin.
You can clearly afford to donate a small portion and still buy 200 yachts, 100 homes, 500 cars, 2 tons
of gold, etc. Just a thought. I am not making a value judgement, and I hold no grudge. More power to
you, and I hope you spread the word and help the coin grow.

This project was a long and complicated venture, and we could not see everything. We were just as
surprised and startled as everyone else. Sorry about that. But, things have settled down now, and the
current number of coins is still just a small fraction of the overall number of coins in the total picture.
The coins are now being mined at a reasonable rate.

This process is expensive, time consuming, and far more complicated than one can imagine. Please
give us time to grow. We will do what we can as we can. It has been a project in development since the
Fall of 2015.

Spread the word about C-bit. Remember what C-bit is. C-bit IS Bitcoin Core. But, it has the 2 Meg Blocks
already built into the source code, without the need for a hard fork, like Bitcoin. It is completely compatible
with Bitcoin Core in every way and is updated with Bitcoin every time Bitcoin releases an update. There is
no longer any need to have the argument with Bitcoin Classic over the block size. Bitcoin Core can remain
decentralized. C-bit's price should eventually trade at 10 % of Bitcoins' price.

Thanks for having faith in us, and welcome to the adventure of a lifetime.

William Martens
Founder C-bit
Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:18:06 PM

Spread the word about C-bit. Remember what C-bit is. C-bit IS Bitcoin Core. But, it has the 2 Meg Blocks
already built into the source code, without the need for a hard fork, like Bitcoin. It is completely compatible
with Bitcoin Core in every way and is updated with Bitcoin every time Bitcoin releases an update. There is
no longer any need to have the argument with Bitcoin Classic over the block size. Bitcoin Core can remain
decentralized. C-bit's price should eventually trade at 10 % of Bitcoins' price.

lol c bit will trade at 10% because it has 2 MB blocks? By that reasoning so should many many other alts.
some even have 8 MB! so they should be trading at least 40% of BTC cap!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Martens58

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:29:55 PM

lol c bit will trade at 10% because it has 2 MB blocks? By that reasoning so should many many other alts.
some even have 8 MB! so they should be trading at least 40% of BTC cap!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Don't be stupid.
Read the C-bit mission statement and understand what it says before making statements that don't make sense.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:05:38 PM

I will guarantee to everyone here that the ENTIRE development team at C-bit does not hold more than
around 10 % of the entire current float of 13 Million coins
. The public holds around 90 % of the current
float. We were caught by surprise at the speed of coins / blocks in the beginning of the launch. We had
theorized the difficulty would increase at a much faster pace than it did, although it did increase rather
rapidly to 17 million. The individual or individuals who got the large amount of coins were simply lucky
that they saw the launch announcement ads and reacted when they did. It was a simple luck of fate and
being in the right place, with the right over-powering mining equipment, at the right moment in history.
We had prepared a launch suitable for multiple smaller mining equipment users. A launch spread out
over the network. More or less, we expected a quiet opening. What we got was small miners interrupted

As a side note to this thought. I do not know if the individuals who gained the large amount of coins
knew what they were doing was calculated or by accident. I don't know if they were surprised by the
results as much as we were, or not. Doesn't matter. Only they know for sure. However, I do know that
they are VERY wealthy men at this point
. I would ask, if they are reading this, to donate some of that
new found wealth back to the C-bit community by donating to the C-bit Development Fund. It can be
found on the C-bit website at www.btc-bit.com . ( It's under one of the menu tabs ). Think of it as an
investment in the future of C-bit and an investment in the future of the valuation of all of the coins you
own. If we continue to develop C-bit, your coins are worth more, and the more you are worth. These
funds will help defray some of the massive costs that we incur to run this network and improve the coin.
You can clearly afford to donate a small portion and still buy 200 yachts, 100 homes, 500 cars, 2 tons
of gold, etc. Just a thought. I am not making a value judgement, and I hold no grudge. More power to

This project was a long and complicated venture, and we could not see everything. We were just as
surprised and startled as everyone else. Sorry about that. But, things have settled down now, and the
current number of coins is still just a small fraction of the overall number of coins in the total picture.

This process is expensive, time consuming, and far more complicated than one can imagine. Please
give us time to grow. We will do what we can as we can. It has been a project in development since the
Fall of 2015.

William Martens
Founder C-bit

lol dude. Maybe you will create more trust if you use your real account if you want to prove that you are serious and legit. You have nothing to hide right?
Martens58

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:38:03 PM

around 10 % of the entire current float of 13 Million coins
. The public holds around 90 % of the current

they are VERY wealthy men at this point
. I would ask, if they are reading this, to donate some of that

Fall of 2015.

William Martens
Founder C-bit

lol dude. Maybe you will create more trust if you use your real account if you want to prove that you are serious and legit. You have nothing to hide right?

You know what.
You're right.
My mistake.
I handled this incorrectly.
I will get with the moderator and figure out how to come back
up on the forum as a recognized individual with authority.
I apologize for my inconsiderate approach to the community.
( By the way, the post is real and from the Founder of C-bit )
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:45:21 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 08:20:09 PM by jc12345

You know what.
You're right.
My mistake.

That would be good and sooner rather than later.

If you come back with your real account, people can see your posts and the type of person you are from your interaction with the community so far. It will help the coin a lot. The Cbit guy from the first post must do the same. There are too many examples of newbie coins that crash when dumped as soon as it gets listed on an exchange. Most of those guys probably want to hide away not to be found after they have dumped and disappeared. Posex and Gravitybit being recent cases.
sunerok

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 08:21:36 PM

You know what.
You're right.
My mistake.

That would be good and sooner rather than later.

If you come back with your real account, people can see your posts and the type of person you are from your interaction with the community so far then it will help the coin a lot. The Cbit guy from the first post must do the same. There are too many examples of newbie coins that crash when dumped as soon as it gets listed on an exchange. Most of those guys probably want to hide away not to be found after they have dumped and disappeared. Posex and Gravitybit being recent cases.

i dont know, from a developers standpoint if i were to create a new coin for some reason, i would probably make a new account that represents it and makes it obvious what the account is designated for.

especially if i had an account with like 420 or 69 in it, etc. lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: