Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCT] C-Bit - Elegantly Solving Bitcoin's Blocksize Problem [SHA256][POW]  (Read 66764 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bank_sy

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:28:36 PM

Guys its ok.  Bank_sy isn't even being that critical but he could stop repeating himself at this point because I don't think a satisfactory explanation as to why he should change his mind is going to pop up, nor is it necessary for you guys to come up with one.  You should realize though that from outside perspective he really just wants to find a reason to get involved with your coin and to see it degrade into a sort of argument is probably just because of the forum format, anonymity, etc.  So chill on that.  Maybe a better explanation of some of the whitepaper things will come in the future.

Now someone answer my question above about the bravo pool please  Grin  

Not 100% accurate but well said.
As jookly said, I am not even being that critical.
In a nut shell I am simply trying to tell everyone this simple reality:
For an altcoin to succeed it needs appeal.
If the only appeal in C-bit is 2MB supply then it is not enough for success.
From what I can see, 2MB blocks that appears to be the only 'innovation' offered by C-bit and I do not think that counts as innovation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:38:59 PM

All,

Lets get back to talking about the signature campaign and how we are going to get ourselves listed on an exchange.

Cheers -

Rekt

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:47:55 PM

Can we all just stop fucking around on the thread here? Individual perceptions of the technological advancements behind the coin DO NOT MATTER. You either like it or you don't. If you see nothing here you are free to go.

If I sat on the forum all day and just spammed the shit out of coins I don't like because they bring nothing new to the table, I'd probably get banned for the sheer amount of posts per day I'd be laying down.

Also development is key, it's unlikely any coin is going to come "right out of the package" and lay a smack down on other coins with its market cap.

Individual's perceptions of tech. advancements may not matter but you know what does? The technological advancements themselves.
I can see you are on the side that thinks that having a 2MB block size = technological advancement.

And where do you see me claiming it is an advancement and not just a parameter tweak? I'm here because there is potential, just like with any other coin launch that isn't half assed. It is a platform to build upon. Obviously the developers are taking it somewhat seriously. Do you think the website and all that other stuff was setup in an hour? It wasn't a simple "[ANN] moonjellycoin" with a dev that barely speaks english and the only thing in the op is a few specs and a wallet download link. At least there was thought put in to this.

By the same basis of tweaking parameters, really there's nothing making Bitcoin special either, other than the fact that there is a ton of fat wallets and developers involved and it was the catalyst for the entire cryptocurrency environment. My point is, for a cryptocurrency to become successful, it doesn't need to come out of the gate claiming to cure cancer, AIDS, world hunger, make space and time travel possible, and change the entire way the world goes about it's business.

You can choose to believe a developers claims or not, but obviously being on bitcointalk you should understand that every investment or decision you make is it at your own risk. This isn't the kids table. We don't need constant reminders to be weary of claims made my people on the internet. If people need to be warned about believing everything they read on the internet (especially here on bitcointalk) then they probably shouldn't be using it.
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:51:28 PM

Guys its ok.  Bank_sy isn't even being that critical but he could stop repeating himself at this point because I don't think a satisfactory explanation as to why he should change his mind is going to pop up, nor is it necessary for you guys to come up with one.  You should realize though that from outside perspective he really just wants to find a reason to get involved with your coin and to see it degrade into a sort of argument is probably just because of the forum format, anonymity, etc.  So chill on that.  Maybe a better explanation of some of the whitepaper things will come in the future.

Not 100% accurate but well said.
As jookly said, I am not even being that critical.
In a nut shell I am simply trying to tell everyone this simple reality:
For an altcoin to succeed it needs appeal.
If the only appeal in C-bit is 2MB supply then it is not enough for success.
From what I can see, 2MB blocks that appears to be the only 'innovation' offered by C-bit and I do not think that counts as innovation.

I can agree with that, but appeal comes in many flavors. Look at Dogecoin.. for people outside of the crypto environment this is kind of a joke and somewhat offputting. I mean really make whatever argument you want for Dogecoin sake, but it was essentially born out of an internet meme as a joke and now has a market cap of $25million+

There's no reason that should have ever happened.
sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:54:59 PM

how long have you been waiting? you're aware the blockchain needs like 100 confirms before you are paid right?

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:55:18 PM

As for the pool payouts.. if you don't mind me asking are you mining with a sizable amount of power? The block spacing has decreased a lot but if you have enough hash power you should probably be seeing some payments, unless the blocks are just waiting to be confirmed. Since the blocks are actually being solved slightly slower than the target right now, if the pool has 120 confirms or whatever # they chose, you could just be waiting for a while to see those first payments. There's just not much of an interface to look at there so it's difficult to tell.

There is a contact form on the site you can try.
Martens58

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:04:10 PM

1 ) Working on finding the information regarding the
BRAVO pool. Will have something as soon I have it,
and will post it.

2 ) Working on the Signature Address idea. Setting it
up today and depositing some XCT into it to start it. Be
out by tomorrow, probably.

3 ) Working with Yobit. Can't control the timing on their
end.

4 ) Wallets almost all done, just linking them in the
website. This is time consuming, and our web guy is
a little swamped. Web wallet is done, we're designing
the interface now.

5 ) New pool is up and running in Toronto, Canada.
It's at the bottom of the page. Still working on the
problems with the South Africa pool, can't figure out
why.

Whew. Busy. Mad rush.

William Martens
Founder C-bit

Coryvmcs1

Activity: 659
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 07:22:07 PM

Been Mining on AltPool.net and hitting lot's of blocks.

Good coin have quite a bit Ive mined so far. I think this is a well launched coin and the dev has put a lot of effort into this one and not just pumping out BS. I think there is a real coin here and I will continue to mine this puppy.

BlokSpace Mining Pools -  https://blokspace.io | BlokSpace Discord# https://discord.gg/dGAKk9T
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:38:50 PM

and will post it.

end.

the interface now.

why.

Whew. Busy. Mad rush.

William Martens
Founder C-bit

Great thanks for the update, still mining in meantime.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
stoner19

Activity: 752

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:35:32 PM

Out of curiosity...has anyone asked or look into the mining fees at the in-house pools? Or is everyone just blindly mining there? Not trying to FUD or anything, but that seems like important information for miners.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Obviously I'm biased because I run a pool for this coin, just want to make sure miners are getting what they're supposed to.
C-bit Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 08:58:14 PM

Out of curiosity...has anyone asked or look into the mining fees at the in-house pools? Or is everyone just blindly mining there? Not trying to FUD or anything, but that seems like important information for miners.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Obviously I'm biased because I run a pool for this coin, just want to make sure miners are getting what they're supposed to.

We are not offended by any means, and appreciate you spreading the hash! The house pools have a 2% fee. We will post this on the site, thanks
sunerok

Activity: 629

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 09:05:30 PM

yeah i got one one of the other pools a few days ago and was paid 490, and checked the explorer and the house got 10 coins, which seems fair. whats your fee at superninjapool?

i used it the other day but didnt even check, heh

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
stoner19

Activity: 752

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:18:25 PM

yeah i got one one of the other pools a few days ago and was paid 490, and checked the explorer and the house got 10 coins, which seems fair. whats your fee at superninjapool?

i used it the other day but didnt even check, heh

2% at superninjapool.tk
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 09:33:07 PM

This may be a little premature,  but I'd love to see this coin land on Poloniex. Plenty of volume to be had there.. I feel like it being listed on certain other exchanges might end up harming value in the long run.
coisoetal

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:41:22 PM

This may be a little premature,  but I'd love to see this coin land on Poloniex. Plenty of volume to be had there.. I feel like it being listed on certain other exchanges might end up harming value in the long run.

Yeah polo is one of the best places to go.... but its very hard to get in Tongue

██████████
██████████
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 09:47:20 PM

Yeah polo is one of the best places to go.... but its very hard to get in Tongue

I'd think the same, but then I see stuff like "CarpeDiemCoin" being traded on there. Knowing one of the Exchange operators and throwing some coins their way must be the trick to getting listed.
coisoetal

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:10:25 PM

hahaha i had some of those... everything has a price Smiley

██████████
██████████
CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:19:34 PM

and will post it.

end.

the interface now.

why.

Whew. Busy. Mad rush.

William Martens
Founder C-bit

What was the cost to get listed on yobit ? How can I or the community donate to you to help offset that cost.

Cheers-

Rekt

_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:20:41 PM

We are not offended by any means, and appreciate you spreading the hash! The house pools have a 2% fee. We will post this on the site, thanks

Thanks for the quick response - 2 % is more than reasonable.

Cheers -

Rekt

CryptoRekt

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:22:07 PM

I'd think the same, but then I see stuff like "CarpeDiemCoin" being traded on there. Knowing one of the Exchange operators and throwing some coins their way must be the trick to getting listed.

yes it would appear as such -- if anyone knows my twitter feed i have had problems with them getting to acknowledge $XVG and add it to their exchange. Money talks in crypto unfortunately

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: