Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:57:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCT] C-Bit - Elegantly Solving Bitcoin's Blocksize Problem [SHA256][POW]  (Read 66764 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:50:00 PM

@gembitz So if the attack was a time stamp one and not 51% we can say that toronto held coins must be released because it was no attacker there.
Another thing is,watching the block explorer we can say that the attack is not over yet as there are always 1diff blocks generated again and again and if it not will stop,diff will return to 1 one more time

the said [ 51% / timewarp ] is obvious ~ just look @ those 1.0 diff blocks ...stay tuned  Cool

actually that quote gembitz posted is from 2011 lmao

the difficulty went down and then someone mined with a 1+ ph/s rig. there was no timewarp, just a 500% attack..  i looked at the source code, its identical to the newest bitcoin source code. what happened here could happen to bitcoin, if enough hashpower hit it. from what i read, farms do shut off before difficulty retarget and then turn back on when it switches if its lower. 1 difficulty blocks are to make sure that at least 6 blocks get released per hour. if there are only 5 and an hour approaches, a block with a difficulty of 1 is released. :yawn:

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:54:12 PM

@gembitz So if the attack was a time stamp one and not 51% we can say that toronto held coins must be released because it was no attacker there.
Another thing is,watching the block explorer we can say that the attack is not over yet as there are always 1diff blocks generated again and again and if it not will stop,diff will return to 1 one more time

the said [ 51% / timewarp ] is obvious ~ just look @ those 1.0 diff blocks ...stay tuned  Cool

the difficulty went down and then someone mined with a 1+ ph/s rig. there was no timewarp, just a 500% attack..  i looked at the source code, its identical to the newest bitcoin source code. what happened here could happen to bitcoin, if enough hashpower hit it. from what i read, farms do shut off before difficulty retarget and then turn back on when it switches if its lower. 1 difficulty blocks are to make sure that at least 6 blocks get released per hour. if there are only 5 and an hour approaches, a block with a difficulty of 1 is released. :yawn:
If there is not enough power spread on pools,this could happen one more time?

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
sunerok

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:58:39 PM

yes if someone wants to spend a couple thousand dollars, its possible.

btw: c-bits blockchain looks fine now.

_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
theboccet
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:15:09 PM

yes if someone wants to spend a couple thousand dollars, its possible.

btw: c-bits blockchain looks fine now.
yup checked it yesterday and it was a strict ~10min/block
hope good news will be posted here with enthousiasm like Martins58 did before

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
MONETARYUNIT
[/
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:21:01 PM

fool look at these blocks (diff = 1.0 )===>

54950   2016-03-22 17:01:46   2   990   1.0   27475500   68.5573   30.4018%
54949   2016-03-22 16:41:34   2   990   1.0   27475000   68.5433   30.4289%
54948   2016-03-22 16:21:23   2   990.01024709   1.0   27474500   68.5293   30.4561%

per : http://cryptobe.com/chain/CBit
====================

what else do you call this?>>> could it be a classic timewarp type attack ...hmmm ? Kiss

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Martens58

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:43:48 PM

C-bit is currently deciding on what to do about the coins and its’ own future.

We are discussing matters relating to the unusual pattern observed in our hash rate between Wednesday of
last week, where a gradual increase in our hash rate from 600-700 TH to 4-5 PH occurred over 36 hours
( this was done gradually so as not to affect the difficulty rating ) and then was suddenly and instantly
removed at 12:00 noon EST on Friday of last week just before the difficulty was to reset from 40 Million;
which then set in motion the collapse of the hash rate over the weekend.

Then on Sunday morning at appx 9:00 AM EST, when the hash rate had collapsed aprox 98% from Friday’s
Peak , C-bit’s mining pools had dropped to about 200 TH, and the difficulty level had reset from around 40
million at Friday’s peak to 2 million, a sudden mining onslaught of 2-3 PH began. Although this might not
sound like terribly much; however, coming from such a small hash rate base and against a new small
difficulty rating, its like a nuclear bomb going off. This mining blast lasted thru early Monday morning ( about
36 hours ), which resulted in the basic destruction of the C-bit system. The blast of mining was designed to
last just long enough to take advantage of the difficulty reset of C-bit. The difficulty level has since reset
upward and the miners have quit. At one point during this onslaught, the source code was actually mining
into the future by up to 8 hours, which we all know is impossible; unless, of course, one is a hacker using a
bug in the code and the vulnerability of the system against us. We have proven this to be the case with the
attack over the week-end on C-bit : a deliberate full-frontal crash of our system and resulting doubling of our
system’s coins.

Understand, this was not a weekend guy out for a stroll. This was a deliberate act of violence against C-bit.
Considering the price of our coins, and the illiquidity of the coins, there is no plausible reason for amassing
The quantity of coins gained in the attack, other than pure maliciousness or intent to destroy.

Raise the bar without raising the difficulty, then pull the legs out from under it. Let the momentum pull it
under water, then when the system resets lower, take advantage of it and mine it like crazy. When it resets,
like it did last night, stop mining, like they have. When it resets lower again, mine it again. Destroy the coin
from within. Use the coin’s low hash rate, low difficulty, and its’ very system against itself. Be enough of the
the system, and you own and control the fate of the system. You can drive it into the ground by mining all of
the coins. The attacker is using the 51% rule against C-bit very effectively each time the hash rate drops and
the difficulty rating resets lower.

It sure seems as though it was well planned to destroy C-bit; or if not to destroy, or planned, at least it can be
described as pre-meditated behavior to take advantage of a situation, since no-one could have NOT possibly
realized what was happening when you’re watching millions of coins flying by on your screen... and you don't
shut your miner OFF; especially if you care about the coin and the community. So, it can ONLY be described
as predatory behavior on the part of anyone mining at the time. PERIOD. I would love to hear anyone explain
to me with a straight face their reasoning behind the morality of receiving or keeping after-the-fact any of
their coins in this situation, EVEN if they spent BTC to mine it. Overall supply reasons also make it hard to
justify just shifting coins around to special accounts or just destroying some coins but not others. If the coins
stick around, it just creates more drag on the value of the overall coin that shouldn’t exist in the first place,
since they weren’t fairly earned. I am not sure if we can just keep destroying coins after each of these attacks,
it will get a little silly after awhile.

We also realize that there were innocent by-standers caught up in this weekend’s events. People or miners
Who had nothing at all to do with the events swirling around the exploding coins. I, for instance, have an
Antminer7 that has been running on a C-bit pool since the beginning. An Antminer7 is a relatively
Top-of-the-line Bitcoin miner. Well, I’m sorry, I guess the $ 20 in mining electricity costs over the week-
End, that it cost me for the coins I got, will mean that I don’t take my family to McDonalds tonight. My
machine is run in an off-site location, managed by a third-party, so I couldn’t just shut it off. Morality
reasons dictate that it is awfully difficult for me to justify keeping my coins. Frankly, anyone jumping on
the band-wagon over the weekend and paying for a whole bunch of hash power to mine the coins does not
have my sympathy.

What we find very interesting with this whole situation is that we can trace the beginning of the recent
Cascading of events to last Wednesday morning after the world-wide PR announcement of C-bit.  The
Gradual ramp-up of PH power can be traced to farms in China. The interesting fact is that we have no record
of any interests in either our website or our pools by the Chinese prior to this event; they just showed
up, ramped up, then suddenly left right before the difficulty was due to reset.  How they knew, we don’t
know. They then showed up again after the difficulty reset downward Sunday morning, but with smaller
mining power.

The problem that C-bit finds itself in today is the community is shell-shocked. The C-bit pools are now
Down to 28 TH as miners sit on the side-lines awaiting the dust to settle. The reasoning behind this is
Sound, but the consequences are stark. This sets in motion another cascade of collapsing hash rates and
Resetting difficulty levels. Again, this will bring in the malicious predators who will “Wash-Rinse-Repeat”
Their behavior against C-bit in a never-ending cycle; which is the very thing they want to happen, and
Plan to happen, with C-bit.

Let me repeat. This sets in motion a repeat pattern. Without enough miners supporting C-bit now, because
Everyone is shell-shocked, the pattern will continue until there are no more coins to mine. It’s a compete
failure of the system due to the 51 % Rule and the attackers know that, and they feed off of that loop. If you
look at the source code, you can see what is happening in real time. The attacks will happen again, it’s only a
matter of time.

It removes C-bit from the playing field and removes C-bit from the very reason it was created: to help
Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Classic resolve their Block-size problem. What was started with good intentions,
Is now dazed and confused, wondering what the hell just happened. We can’t help wonder if there is a
Connection between the sudden Chinese farming interest, the manipulation of our hash rate, and our sudden
destruction. I’ve always hated coincidences -- considering how smoothly everything was running for C-bit in
the 5 weeks leading up to last Wednesday and the world-wide announcement of C-bit. We were fine until
Wednesday, then destroyed by Sunday.

We will decide what our options are after analyzing who and where the attacks originated from, of which we
already have a basic understanding. We will continue debating the future of the mined coins over the past
weekend, and the future of C-bit.  After this decision, we will let the community know our decision.
Hopefully, everyone will agree, no matter how radical our decision turns out to be.

Thanks for your patience.
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:06:55 PM

C-bit is currently deciding on what to do about the coins and its’ own future.

We are discussing matters relating to the unusual pattern observed in our hash rate between Wednesday of
last week, where a gradual increase in our hash rate from 600-700 TH to 4-5 PH occurred over 36 hours
( this was done gradually so as not to affect the difficulty rating ) and then was suddenly and instantly
removed at 12:00 noon EST on Friday of last week just before the difficulty was to reset from 40 Million;
which then set in motion the collapse of the hash rate over the weekend.

Then on Sunday morning at appx 9:00 AM EST, when the hash rate had collapsed aprox 98% from Friday’s
Peak , C-bit’s mining pools had dropped to about 200 TH, and the difficulty level had reset from around 40
million at Friday’s peak to 2 million, a sudden mining onslaught of 2-3 PH began. Although this might not
sound like terribly much; however, coming from such a small hash rate base and against a new small
difficulty rating, its like a nuclear bomb going off. This mining blast lasted thru early Monday morning ( about
36 hours ), which resulted in the basic destruction of the C-bit system. The blast of mining was designed to
last just long enough to take advantage of the difficulty reset of C-bit. The difficulty level has since reset
upward and the miners have quit. At one point during this onslaught, the source code was actually mining
into the future by up to 8 hours, which we all know is impossible; unless, of course, one is a hacker using a
bug in the code and the vulnerability of the system against us. We have proven this to be the case with the
attack over the week-end on C-bit : a deliberate full-frontal crash of our system and resulting doubling of our
system’s coins.

Understand, this was not a weekend guy out for a stroll. This was a deliberate act of violence against C-bit.
Considering the price of our coins, and the illiquidity of the coins, there is no plausible reason for amassing
The quantity of coins gained in the attack, other than pure maliciousness or intent to destroy.

Raise the bar without raising the difficulty, then pull the legs out from under it. Let the momentum pull it
under water, then when the system resets lower, take advantage of it and mine it like crazy. When it resets,
like it did last night, stop mining, like they have. When it resets lower again, mine it again. Destroy the coin
from within. Use the coin’s low hash rate, low difficulty, and its’ very system against itself. Be enough of the
the system, and you own and control the fate of the system. You can drive it into the ground by mining all of
the coins. The attacker is using the 51% rule against C-bit very effectively each time the hash rate drops and
the difficulty rating resets lower.

It sure seems as though it was well planned to destroy C-bit; or if not to destroy, or planned, at least it can be
described as pre-meditated behavior to take advantage of a situation, since no-one could have NOT possibly
realized what was happening when you’re watching millions of coins flying by on your screen... and you don't
shut your miner OFF; especially if you care about the coin and the community. So, it can ONLY be described
as predatory behavior on the part of anyone mining at the time. PERIOD. I would love to hear anyone explain
to me with a straight face their reasoning behind the morality of receiving or keeping after-the-fact any of
their coins in this situation, EVEN if they spent BTC to mine it. Overall supply reasons also make it hard to
justify just shifting coins around to special accounts or just destroying some coins but not others. If the coins
stick around, it just creates more drag on the value of the overall coin that shouldn’t exist in the first place,
since they weren’t fairly earned. I am not sure if we can just keep destroying coins after each of these attacks,
it will get a little silly after awhile.

We also realize that there were innocent by-standers caught up in this weekend’s events. People or miners
Who had nothing at all to do with the events swirling around the exploding coins. I, for instance, have an
Antminer7 that has been running on a C-bit pool since the beginning. An Antminer7 is a relatively
Top-of-the-line Bitcoin miner. Well, I’m sorry, I guess the $ 20 in mining electricity costs over the week-
End, that it cost me for the coins I got, will mean that I don’t take my family to McDonalds tonight. My
machine is run in an off-site location, managed by a third-party, so I couldn’t just shut it off. Morality
reasons dictate that it is awfully difficult for me to justify keeping my coins. Frankly, anyone jumping on
the band-wagon over the weekend and paying for a whole bunch of hash power to mine the coins does not
have my sympathy.

What we find very interesting with this whole situation is that we can trace the beginning of the recent
Cascading of events to last Wednesday morning after the world-wide PR announcement of C-bit.  The
Gradual ramp-up of PH power can be traced to farms in China. The interesting fact is that we have no record
of any interests in either our website or our pools by the Chinese prior to this event; they just showed
up, ramped up, then suddenly left right before the difficulty was due to reset.  How they knew, we don’t
know. They then showed up again after the difficulty reset downward Sunday morning, but with smaller
mining power.

The problem that C-bit finds itself in today is the community is shell-shocked. The C-bit pools are now
Down to 28 TH as miners sit on the side-lines awaiting the dust to settle. The reasoning behind this is
Sound, but the consequences are stark. This sets in motion another cascade of collapsing hash rates and
Resetting difficulty levels. Again, this will bring in the malicious predators who will “Wash-Rinse-Repeat”
Their behavior against C-bit in a never-ending cycle; which is the very thing they want to happen, and
Plan to happen, with C-bit.

Let me repeat. This sets in motion a repeat pattern. Without enough miners supporting C-bit now, because
Everyone is shell-shocked, the pattern will continue until there are no more coins to mine. It’s a compete
failure of the system due to the 51 % Rule and the attackers know that, and they feed off of that loop. If you
look at the source code, you can see what is happening in real time. The attacks will happen again, it’s only a
matter of time.

It removes C-bit from the playing field and removes C-bit from the very reason it was created: to help
Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Classic resolve their Block-size problem. What was started with good intentions,
Is now dazed and confused, wondering what the hell just happened. We can’t help wonder if there is a
Connection between the sudden Chinese farming interest, the manipulation of our hash rate, and our sudden
destruction. I’ve always hated coincidences -- considering how smoothly everything was running for C-bit in
the 5 weeks leading up to last Wednesday and the world-wide announcement of C-bit. We were fine until
Wednesday, then destroyed by Sunday.

We will decide what our options are after analyzing who and where the attacks originated from, of which we
already have a basic understanding. We will continue debating the future of the mined coins over the past
weekend, and the future of C-bit.  After this decision, we will let the community know our decision.
Hopefully, everyone will agree, no matter how radical our decision turns out to be.

Thanks for your patience.

the coin is fine ...why you sad about high hashrate? lol

imo ~ the glitch is not hashrate related ... i'm talking to bitdevs about the little problem hodl tight bruh  Cool

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
sunerok

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 09:20:54 PM

fool look at these blocks (diff = 1.0 )===>

54950   2016-03-22 17:01:46   2   990   1.0   27475500   68.5573   30.4018%
54949   2016-03-22 16:41:34   2   990   1.0   27475000   68.5433   30.4289%
54948   2016-03-22 16:21:23   2   990.01024709   1.0   27474500   68.5293   30.4561%

per : http://cryptobe.com/chain/CBit
====================

what else do you call this?>>> could it be a classic timewarp type attack ...hmmm ? Kiss

you must not have read what i typed/you quoted. the network makes 6 blocks per hour. if it has not done that, and it gets past ten minutes, it makes a block with a difficulty of 1. rofl, definitely not a time warp.
see, after block 54948, 20 minutes had gone by, so it released a block with a difficulty of 1. then, at that block, another 20 minutes had gone by, so another block with a difficulty of 1 was released. this is to ensure that 6 blocks are released per hour. its standard per bitcoins 6 blocks per hour rule.

theboccet
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:36:14 PM

Smell of a new chain  Angry

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
MONETARYUNIT
[/
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:44:27 PM

nope just a more well distributed coin!  Cool

~ we are all good !

POWER IN NUMBERS!!!!    Wink

theboccet
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:48:51 PM

~ we are all good !

and how you think it will be done? how they will re-distribute the coins released in nature?

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
MONETARYUNIT
[/
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:49:53 PM

~ we are all good !

and how you think it will be done? how they will re-distribute the coins released in nature?

just pay everyone out from the pools! lol ~ simple  Cool

theboccet
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:51:55 PM

nope just a more well distributed coin!  Cool

~ we are all good !

POWER IN NUMBERS!!!!    Wink

just pay everyone out from the pools! lol ~ simple  Cool
hmm we will see.Yolo will not be amazed about that

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
MONETARYUNIT
[/
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:52:36 PM

~ we are all good !

just pay everyone out from the pools! lol ~ simple  Cool
hmm we will see

dump i will buy all of them Wink

theboccet
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:54:13 PM

~ we are all good !

hmm we will see

lol do you think I have enough to fill your greed :p :p

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
MONETARYUNIT
[/
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:59:11 PM

~ we are all good !

hmm we will see

i can tell you who i think is minting many coins right now...  Grin   hodl XCT

theboccet
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:03:42 PM

~ we are all good !

hmm we will see

inlight me buddy  Grin
who is who

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
MONETARYUNIT
[/
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 11:14:11 PM

~ we are all good !

hmm we will see

inlight me buddy  Grin
who is who

looks like we got it figured out...i'll have more clues soon  Cool  ~hashing away zzz

sunerok

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 11:44:38 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 11:56:40 PM by sunerok

what are you guys trying to figure out? it's all pretty clear. there is no mystery here.

someone went on the network with a few ph/s (they've already admitted that here in the thread, also that is alot larger than a 51% attack, its more like a 500% attack)

luckily, they were noobs and mined on low difficulty ports on the c-bit official pools, and it crashed the unomp stratum due to being overwhelmed with shares.

this caused the difficulty to drop since there was alot less hashpower after.

there's about 40th/s on the network right now. the difficulty is climbing back up/adjusting, and its over 9 million. there are 6 blocks being made per hour. a block releases at a difficulty of 1 when it takes too long and gets close to being only 5 blocks in an hour. this is standard in both bitcoin and c-bit, as well as many other coins with a bitcoin codebase.

i don't know why anyone is confused about this.

if you increased the network hashrate by 500% on the bitcoin network, the same thing would happen, but instead of it costing a few thousand dollars, it would cost hundreds of millions. (estimated, i dont feel like doing the math)

the only solution to prevent this from happening again, would be to put more steady hashpower on the network, and/or change the retarget from 2016 blocks (2 weeks) like bitcoin, to something much lower, like a few hours.

as far as what you guys should do with the millions stuck in the pool, that is up to you. personally i would burn it, by sending it to an address that doesnt exist, like 1cbitBURN212h12kjl312jk3jk or something. i certainly wouldnt reward the idiot that did this. i'd assume it was malicious. i can dig up his info and post it here in the thread if thats what the community/devs want.

if anyone needs help, feel free to contact me.

CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 11:58:02 PM

what are you guys trying to figure out? it's all pretty clear. there is no mystery here.

someone went on the network with a few ph/s (they've already admitted that here in the thread, also that is alot larger than a 51% attack, its more like a 500% attack)

luckily, they were noobs and mined on low difficulty ports on the c-bit official pools, and it crashed the unomp stratum due to being overwhelmed with shares.

this caused the difficulty to drop since there was alot less hashpower after.

there's about 40th/s on the network right now. the difficulty is climbing back up/adjusting, and its over 9 million. there are 6 blocks being made per hour. a block releases at a difficulty of 1 when it takes too long and gets close to being only 5 blocks in an hour. this is standard in both bitcoin and c-bit, as well as many other coins with a bitcoin codebase.

i don't know why anyone is confused about this.

if you increased the network hashrate by 2000% on the bitcoin network, the same thing would happen, but instead of it costing a few thousand dollars, it would cost hundreds of millions. (estimated, i dont feel like doing the math)

the only solution to prevent this from happening again, would be to put more steady hashpower on the network, and/or change the retarget from 2016 blocks (2 weeks) like bitcoin, to something much lower, like a few hours.

as far as what you guys should do with the millions stuck in the pool, that is up to you. personally i would burn it, by sending it to an address that doesnt exist, like 1cbitBURN212h12kjl312jk3jk or something. i certainly wouldnt reward the idiot that did this. i'd assume it was malicious. i can dig up his info and post it here in the thread if thats what the community/devs want.

if anyone needs help, feel free to contact me.

Let me be the first to say this..

Sunerok just --

The shit out of you idiots.

Burn the damn coins because clearly no one in this thread (besides maybe a couple of us) are deserving of them - Let's move on from this incident.

Cheers-
 Cool

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: