Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:20:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCT] C-Bit - Elegantly Solving Bitcoin's Blocksize Problem [SHA256][POW]  (Read 66764 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
C-bit Bitcoin (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 03:23:21 AM

Option 1: Faucet... which will not attract to many people from outside of this current community.
option 2: Use the 2 million to fund future projects/bounties... which will piss off some miners.
option 3: Burn the fuckers. publicly burn all those coins... this option pleases my inner pyromaniac.

yes i agree. i think we should do a bit of all of those. put some in a faucet, put some in the public dev fund, burn some, and even send some to the two miners who did a 51% attack but apparently didnt realize it.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 03:28:28 AM

Option 1: Faucet... which will not attract to many people from outside of this current community.
option 2: Use the 2 million to fund future projects/bounties... which will piss off some miners.
option 3: Burn the fuckers. publicly burn all those coins... this option pleases my inner pyromaniac.

yes i agree. i think we should do a bit of all of those. put some in a faucet, put some in the public dev fund, burn some, and even send some to the two miners who did a 51% attack but apparently didnt realize it.

I think there might be more realization going on then necessarily let on too...

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:40:35 AM

so 72,000 coins per day target right?
so split 51% or 36720 of that accordingly
so 18,360 for each of the pissed of miners
put 200k into faucet at 1-5 coin reward per hour.
put 200k into bounties/future developement or marketing
then BURN 1,563,280 xct.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:45:12 AM

then BURN 1,563,280 xct.

still not feeling good the whole bitcoin savior thing but website look amazing and +1 dev for work

why Not 10% Faucet 10% Burn 60% Future developement  20% Bounties

Future Developement is the main part of this thing

CryptoRekt

Activity: 377

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 06:51:19 AM

then BURN 1,563,280 xct.

still not feeling good the whole bitcoin savior thing but website look amazing and +1 dev for work

I can get behind this idea.

+1

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:56:26 AM

then BURN 1,563,280 xct.

I like new numbers. I hope everyone has an opinion, as a community... then everyone can come together on a decision.
I was mearly throwing numbers into the air, and i hope the devs step up and voice there numbers as well. together you are stronger than 51% attack.
Lets get everyones numbers and average them out. then let the devs make final decision... that sound like a decent plan?
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:17:11 AM

I do not personally believe trust will come from hashing power alone.  This is a battle for the long haul and reliability and consistency is what will give trust.

I have been mining Bitcoin for a very long time and have lost more coins than I care to speak of in the years.  I started cpu mining and did not know what I was doing or what I had.  I left my mining program running and forgot about it, i also left my coin accumulating in a pool!  I learned the hard way do not use a pool as your wallet.

I invested heavily into ASICs and lost when the price crashed from $1200, I learned do not go into deep debt on something that you can not afford to loose.  I lost in a big way!

I still believe in Bitcoin and bare the scars from this belief and battle.  I have watched the block debate very closely and believe this will be decided eventually, but not without more blood, tears and scars.

Bitcoin may not be here forever in its current state, but the cryptocurrency genie is out of the bottle.  Big money sees the potential for good and evil, this means cryptocurrency and blockchains are here to stay.  So am I.

Reading on C-Bit and their ideas and concepts, I came to see that they are knowledgable about the issues we are facing and presented a viable coin and ideas that can be implemented. Back to my thought,

When bitcoin first came out, no one had extra hashing power to play games with to affect others.  Hashing power was too precious and expensive to throw around on awhim, they were no hashing rentals available.  Early ASICs were expensive and you used this investment wisely and with dedicated purpose.

Today a new coin like C-Bit that may possible threaten the "established" coin leader, it can become a target for all kinds of covert forms of aggression and sabatoge.  Being we now live in the crypocurrency eco system of today, it is a dog eat dog world!

I beleive if us who are visionary will get behind C-Bit and commit consistent hashing power to it and hold the course we will become strong.  It will not happen overnight and we do not want it to happen overnight.  We need to build strength and consistancy, this will build trust.  if Doge coin can survive, surely we as experienced Bitcoiners can too.

Encourage all the miners you know who have old machines sitting on the shelf to turn a few back on a direct them at C-Bit.  If you want there to be independant mining pools create and promote them, set up and operate nodes to give it more strenght.  Bring back that fire we all had for bitcoin in the beginning, this is a whole new opportunity to build something that will be an assest to what ever version of Bitcoin survives.  As the saying goes, “A rope made from three strands of cord is hard to break.” ... defend each other. And three people are even stronger. They are like a rope that has three parts wrapped together.  lets build C-Bit as another cord of the Bitcoin structure and become stronger.

Thank you
Mtnminer

This is getting interesting :

The official C-bit pools are exploding.......

Yesterday morning :   756 TH
Yesterday evening : 1,583 TH
Early This Morning : 2,260 TH
Later This Morning : 2,845 TH

I think the difficulty should be rising soon.

Please can you update!!
Now only max 20 Th on all official pool! PR release give you some Hash for only 1 day!
You need more then that to gain trust...

yessir +1  Grin

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:04:52 PM

Please kindly clarify how I could have done an attack with 250TH/S?
Pyramusx

Activity: 379

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 12:08:51 PM

then BURN 1,563,280 xct.

These miners should not leave empty handed, that's for sure, they deserve their rightfully earn coins. If not all of them out of fear of them crashing the market, then at least a more than fair amount.

sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 12:29:32 PM

Please kindly clarify how I could have done an attack with 250TH/S?

i think they mean the guy who added 1+ ph/s

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
OSMIUMCOIN

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:44:55 PM

This pool work fine for me Smiley

anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:44:13 PM

hi there Martens, i seen you back, make me worry when we have not heard
from you for awhile
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:55:09 PM

from you for awhile

looks like the coin generation has slowed down significantly, let's see the price reflect this soon..tbc  Cool

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:01:58 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 04:22:21 PM by anderson705

i apologize and forgive me if i done anything wrong to
everyone. the incident already happen when i mine with
other, so right now look like i am the only one to blame for.
again i want to say i apologize and forgive me.

i want to donate all my coin, half to DEV, half to Mr Martens.
without these two person the coin getting nowhere.

please try to lived in kindness and peace, the good thing
will come to you.

how is everything going dev, or we on schedule to release
the bitpay and something else ?

are you still with us Mr Martens ?

ps. i could buy a few hundred thousand coin
i dont want to be bless for 18360 coin.

i like your story MTNMINER,

if i am not mine that time, who we going to blame for
a dog, a cat, oh no there a little mouse at corner let blame him
theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:08:16 PM

from you for awhile

looks like the coin generation has slowed down significantly, let's see the price reflect this soon..tbc  Cool
It will take some time, patience is the key.

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
Yolo123

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:26:26 PM

i apologize and forgive me if i done anything wrong to
everyone. the incident already happen when i mine with
other, so right now look like i am the only one to blame for.
again i want to say i apologize and forgive me.

i want to donate all my coin, half to DEV, half to Mr Martens.
without these two person the coin getting nowhere.

please try to lived in kindness and peace, the good thing
will come to you.

how is everything going dev, or we on schedule to release
the bitpay and something else ?

are you still with us Mr Martens ?

ps. i could buy a few hundred thousand coin
i dont want to be bless for 18360 coin.

i like your story MTNMINER,

if i am not mine that time, who we going to blame for
a dog, a cat, oh no there a little mouse at corner let blame him

Anderson answer me this please. Did u start mining with your hash power in NY and then came to join me in Toronto?? Or u never mined in NY, u saw the diff drop and joined me in Toronto after and increased your power gradually. This is important information for this case.
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:30:15 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 04:41:51 PM by gembitz

from you for awhile

looks like the coin generation has slowed down significantly, let's see the price reflect this soon..tbc  Cool
It will take some time, patience is the key.

lol..imo the underlying integrity of the code dictates results!

===> you wanna see 10 PH? ~ i'd have you all in tears  Cheesy j/k

+just look at the attackers ability to get blocks w/ diff of ~ 1.0
----------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
" Time warp attack

The time warp attack[1] is based on a bug in Bitcoin and Litecoin (and their forks) where the difficulty calculation is off by one block. This is an example of a flaw that affects all coins, especially ones with low network hash rates.

An attacker can repeatedly try to generate the last block of each retarget window, and use a fabricated timestamp of two hours into the future in order to make the time difference from the first block in the retarget window high, thus lowering the difficulty by 0.5%. Due to the bug, the bogus timestamp isn't used as the first block in the next retarget window, and therefore the two extra hours aren't being compensated for in the next difficulty calculation. Once the difficulty is low, the attacker can mine many fast coins, or in the case of a small chain, an attacker with 51% hash power could reduce the difficulty to 1 and mine a new fork from the genesis block.

This attack may not be as feasible on Bitcoin any longer because the probability of repeatedly generating the last block once every two weeks at such high difficulties may be negligible.

Although fixing this issue in Bitcoin is possible, it should be done carefully (by adding rules that encourage nodes to upgrade over time) so to avoid a chain fork, i.e. old clients who didn't upgrade might operate with another difficulty and therefore disagree regarding which blocks are valid.  .... "

Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43692.msg521772#msg521772

ArtForz

Activity: 406

Ignore

Re: Possible way to make a very profitable 50 plus ish attack for pools?
September 12, 2011, 09:39:28 PM

Reply with quote  #6
Erm, no, those blocks are *valid*.
By exploiting the fact that retargeting ignores one block interval every period, it's possible for an attackers' fork chain to "jump backwards in time" and create lots of blocks at low difficulty without running nTime off into the far future.

Bitcoin (and most *coin) rules re. block timestamps:
nTime has to be > median of prev 11 blocks.
nTime has to be < now() + some buffer.

let's say we have a chain with 4-block interval and 10 sec/block.
Official chain, currect diff for hashrate, blocks found at nominal time:
Code:

blk#  0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15
time  0  10  20  30  40  50  60  70  80  90 100 110 120 130 140 150

Now here's the weird part, we retarget after blocks 3, 7, 11, 15, and for block 3 we use 0 as first and 3 as last, for 7 we use 4 as first and 7 as last, ...
so what happens if an attackers chain has blk timestamps like this:
Code:

blk#  0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15
time  0   1   2  30   4   5   6  70   8   9  10 110  12  13  14 150

?
first period (#3 - #0) is 30s as before
2nd period is (#7 - #4) ... 66s
3rd period is (#11 - #8) ... 104s
Whoops.
Obviously this ignores the "problem" of the attackers chain having way lower sum-of-difficulty
but thats easy to fix:
Code:

blk# 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...
time 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...

just keep driving diff up at maximum speed until you have the same total work as the real chain.
result-> the attackers chain does not violate the block timestamp rules, finishes at a *earlier* block timestamp than the real chain, ends up at a higher total work as the real chain, but contains way more blocks.

This was done on the GeistGeld chain yesterday/today, so it's not a theoretical problem

^
^
^

Grin

see?

gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:48:57 PM

This pool work fine for me Smiley

Wink

theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:37:09 PM

@gembitz So if the attack was a time stamp one and not 51% we can say that toronto held coins must be released because it was no attacker there.
Another thing is,watching the block explorer we can say that the attack is not over yet as there are always 1diff blocks generated again and again and if it not will stop,diff will return to 1 one more time

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
gembitz

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:42:30 PM

@gembitz So if the attack was a time stamp one and not 51% we can say that toronto held coins must be released because it was no attacker there.
Another thing is,watching the block explorer we can say that the attack is not over yet as there are always 1diff blocks generated again and again and if it not will stop,diff will return to 1 one more time

the said [ 51% / timewarp ] is obvious ~ just look @ those 1.0 diff blocks ...stay tuned  Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: