Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636346 times)
wingfr

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:50:20 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/ripple-xrp-news-meet-miguel-vias-cuban-born-idealist-behind-xrp-cryptocurrency-2546427

Ripple XRP News: Meet Miguel Vias, The Cuban-Born Idealist Behind The XRP Cryptocurrency

Miguel Vias, head of XRP markets at the blockchain startup Ripple, is living the American dream. “My mother smuggled me out of Cuba when I was 2 years old,” Vias told International Business Times. Raised by a single mom in Miami, neither a degree from Yale nor several years at traditional corporations like Bank of America and CME Group have changed his penchant for jokes and repeating how lucky he feels.

“How do you know I don’t have a magic wand?” he replied to a question about the future of Ripple’s cryptocurrency, XRP. CNBC reports XRP is now valued at $26 billion, second only to bitcoin. Vias has a clear vision for XRP’s future. And so far, he’s pursued this overhaul with relentless focus.

Read: Coinbase Status: Cryptocurrency Price Skyrockets, Causes Outage At Largest Bitcoin Exchange

Vias joined Ripple in 2016, a company that has raised $93.6 million, Crunchbase reported. Unlike many blockchain executives today, Vias wasn’t crazy about bitcoin in the early days of blockchain experimentation. “I heard about bitcoin, but it wasn’t until XRP that I was really captured by the possibilities,” he said.

The technology that fuels XRP is slightly different than competing tokens like bitcoin and ether. For starters, Ripple still controls the bulk of its cryptocurrency and its network unlike decentralized competitors fueled by community engagement. This makes XRP controversial among cryptocurrency aficionados.

The company is also widely seen as more business-oriented than ideological. “Ripple is not the grand vision of blockchain technology realized,” Logan Kugler, a partner at the hedge fund General Crypto, wrote for the Huffington Post. “Which is why blockchain purists resent it.”

Another key difference is Ripple has a built-in mechanism that can freeze a payment in transit until certain conditions are met, such as a specific date or another online transaction gets completed. “It gets cryptographically frozen, everyone can see it,” Vias explained.

When the broader cryptocurrency market fluctuated and investors worried about a blockchain bubble destined to burst, Ripple countered by announcing it will hold 55 billion XRP tokens in escrow to protect the currency’s long-term liquidity. “This gives the market much more clarity about supply,” Vias said. Next on his agenda, Vias is spearheading a push he described as “radical and aggressive decentralization.”

Decentralization includes partnerships with a variety of virtual marketplaces and financial service providers beyond Ripple's ties to banks and corporate clients. Reuters reported Nejc Kodrič, the CEO of one of Europe’s leading bitcoin exchange markets, Bitstamp, said the demand for XRP is particularly strong.

“The core center of our strategy is partnering with enterprise grade institutions who have a vested interest in making sure the XRP network is as healthy as possible,” Vias said. “A prime example is our partnership with BitGo.” BitGo’s digital wallet recently added XRP support. “In conjunction with that support, they are also running a node on the network,” Vias said. “Because now part of their business now relies on XRP, they have a vested interest in making sure the network is robust.”

Ripple is still focused on payment transfers, first and foremost. But while bitcoin traders are often fiercely anti-capitalist compared to more business-minded XRP users, philosophy still factors into Vias’ vision. “Imagine a world where the price of sending payments is almost zero,” he said. “If you could, I think there are some pretty positive effects something like Ripple could have in terms of the challenges immigrants face.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:56:24 PM

XRP will see pump soon, news coming Smiley
Poor coin i lost 500$,how i find news about altcoins?

How did you manage ?

Well if you bought on top you would be down around 40% now...

if buy at the high price, You should be backup with buying when the price fell, and it could be a good recovery If selling at current prices Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
HitTheLow

Activity: 590
Merit: 100

HIT the low and HOLD till moon

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:00:14 PM

XRP is manipulated to go to 1$ Wink

BTC: 16ZegvHooaNNUV7pZPCNoj5QSY5i8Gs6zD
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 04:16:42 PM

There are many haters for Ripple which is a good thing as you know that people are paying attention to the coin.
One lesson I learnt about Ripple is not to short this coin no matter how high it goes. Many people were burnt shorting Ripple just like Ethereum in its early days.
I won't chase to buy Ripple at high price but wait for it to dip before buying the coin. Then I would sell when it reaches my target price.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
HitTheLow

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:35:41 PM

TONIGHT XRP will raise to 20000 stay tuned

Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:39:30 PM

As all you guys know, ripple was bypassed by ethereum 2 weeks ago, but I don't think this will maintain for long time. Ripple's market capitalization will exceed ethereum's.
fistfullofbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 05:40:38 PM

look how much ripple swings everyday, up and down, there is no confidence in it, it is living off pure speculation. i hope people make money good luck, enron made shits of money too.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 05:57:42 PM

look how much ripple swings everyday, up and down, there is no confidence in it, it is living off pure speculation. i hope people make money good luck, enron made shits of money too.
I think the big drop from 42 cents to 20 cents was largely due to shaking out people who bought in just because of the sudden increase in price and had no confidence in long-term viability. Probably also some people who bought in very cheaply sold out enough to ensure their financial security.

Recently, the swings have been much smaller. There seem to be enough participants who see drops as a buying opportunity to hold for the long term.

All of the major cryptos seem to be setting new all time highs every few months. This has taught many people not to sell on a drop. I do think that it's inevitable that sooner or later following this practice will cost some people some significant amounts of money, but for the moment this seems to be the smart bet. I've bought and sold many cryptos over the past seven years. I've regretted many sells but not a single buy. I sold 40,000 ETH at $1, and was thrilled to do it at the time. Had I held those ETH today, the profit on that would have exceeded every loss I could ever have made in the space, even had everything else I ever bought dropped to zero.

I would advise these four rules:

1) Don't buy into anything you don't believe in. Don't try to knowingly profit from a scam.

2) Don't sell anything at a loss unless you don't believe in the project anymore.

3) Don't sell anything at a profit if you still believe in it, unless you think you're moving to an even better opportunity or are taking significant profits.

4) Don't risk anything you can't afford to lose.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
LIN_CHAO

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:10:50 PM

Did you observe circulating supply in coinmarketcap? Watch from today: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#charts
I will not cofirmar something that I do not know but it seems that the developers are pouring xrp, therefore the price has reached 24k, the circulating supply has already increased to more than 2 billion xrp. OBSERVE.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:12:38 PM

I think the big drop from 42 cents to 20 cents was largely due to shaking out people who bought in just because of the sudden increase in price and had no confidence in long-term viability. Probably also some people who bought in very cheaply sold out enough to ensure their financial security.

Recently, the swings have been much smaller. There seem to be enough participants who see drops as a buying opportunity to hold for the long term.

All of the major cryptos seem to be setting new all time highs every few months. This has taught many people not to sell on a drop. I do think that it's inevitable that sooner or later following this practice will cost some people some significant amounts of money, but for the moment this seems to be the smart bet. I've bought and sold many cryptos over the past seven years. I've regretted many sells but not a single buy. I sold 40,000 ETH at $1, and was thrilled to do it at the time. Had I held those ETH today, the profit on that would have exceeded every loss I could ever have made in the space, even had everything else I ever bought dropped to zero.

1) Don't buy into anything you don't believe in. Don't try to knowingly profit from a scam.

2) Don't sell anything at a loss unless you don't believe in the project anymore.

3) Don't sell anything at a profit if you still believe in it, unless you think you're moving to an even better opportunity or are taking significant profits.

+1
good advice from a Legend  Smiley

( lols when you were selling 40k of eth at $1...i prob i bought many of them of you back then lol..around january2016)

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
HitTheLow

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 06:35:46 PM

I really agree to anything you said.

These Cryptocoins are not a bubble, this is the future. As we were thinking that bitcoin was a bubble in 2013 when it hit 1000$ :lol:

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:11:27 PM

I've regretted many sells but not a single buy.

I have had the same exact experience... it so sad!  So many opportunities lost!
 Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2017, 07:15:10 PM

( lols when you were selling 40k of eth at $1...i prob i bought many of them of you back then lol..around january2016)
Yeah. I put solar panels on my roof. I like those solar panels a lot, but I'd rather have nine and a half million dollars.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:28:31 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2017, 07:53:39 PM by Mrpumperitis

Yeah. I put solar panels on my roof. I like those solar panels a lot, but I'd rather have nine and a half million dollars.

lol wow is that what it comes to now...damn...well im gonna be honest ( i just vision you lookin at your $9mill solar panels lol..i wonder how 10k btc pizza guy feels now .. ive had many moments too lol)
at the start i bought so many..around 7k+. @ $1ish
i sold / traded alot at $4+  as eth was still early days and i thought i could double up ( as you do lol) but it didnt work out very well, so i just hodled what i had left
and always insisted keep enough for pos

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
fistfullofbtc

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 07:55:21 PM

since march this year ripple has gone 35 times and people still it is going higher. if you had 10k usd it would be worth near enough 500k usd.
caldero

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 08:10:24 PM

Ripple is the most volatile currency among the top ones and there is reason for that because its all hype. None of the banks that use the blockchain actually use the currency ripple. That means its eventually going to crash when people come to terms with the fact that it has zero real world utility. I predice a price of 1k satoshi in the next months.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:15:31 PM

Ripple is the most volatile currency among the top ones and there is reason for that because its all hype. None of the banks that use the blockchain actually use the currency ripple. That means its eventually going to crash when people come to terms with the fact that it has zero real world utility. I predice a price of 1k satoshi in the next months.
could you please tell me ?
how many banks use btc? how many banks use btc blockchain?
what is btc transaction speed as a currency?
what is btc transaction cost for lets say... (5btc)$10k

XRP is no different in volatilty than btc & eth's early years....

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 09:39:11 PM

Rats. This crap is going up again.  Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 10:31:19 PM

me thinks we back to the trend of btc up then the btc funds flowing to XRP  Wink

soon we see this on XRP sell walls

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:33:25 AM

woo hoo, just got more XRP ...thanks sellers

now to get sum moooaaar  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: