Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:42:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 559 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] Ripple Speculation  (Read 636335 times)
mastertrader1985

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:46:33 AM

I wouldnt care if it dumped all the way back to $.10. I'd just buy a shitload more and hold. When i got in I wasn't expecting to see any profits for a while. Ive been very pleasantly surprised by XRP and I'm sure it will continue to make me happy in the future. I always saw it as a long term investment.
bro, thats the reason it wont goto 20cents , or 30cents and soon 40, then 50 then $1+ lol

i think ,we all think like you  Smiley
+ as time passes new people buy slighty higher than older buyers and are willing to pay more if it is cheaper than their entry price.

I agree and I predict $2 by the end of this year. XRP is up 12% since yesterday. We've seen $0.4+ already and I'm sure we will see it again pretty soon.
Also I think most people who bought under $0.05 sold their coins already so no major dump expected.

2 is not possible. Do you smoke crack ? If xrp is 2 by end of year it would mean the market cap with current supply would be 77 billion. For the moment total market cap is 72 billion.

Please be realistic. And were talking with current supply so if there is more supply it is definitly some crazy crack talk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PentagonPinnacle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:10:20 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 11:24:03 AM by PentagonPinnacle

I wouldnt care if it dumped all the way back to $.10. I'd just buy a shitload more and hold. When i got in I wasn't expecting to see any profits for a while. Ive been very pleasantly surprised by XRP and I'm sure it will continue to make me happy in the future. I always saw it as a long term investment.
bro, thats the reason it wont goto 20cents , or 30cents and soon 40, then 50 then $1+ lol

i think ,we all think like you  Smiley
+ as time passes new people buy slighty higher than older buyers and are willing to pay more if it is cheaper than their entry price.

I agree and I predict $2 by the end of this year. XRP is up 12% since yesterday. We've seen $0.4+ already and I'm sure we will see it again pretty soon.
Also I think most people who bought under $0.05 sold their coins already so no major dump expected.

2 is not possible. Do you smoke crack ? If xrp is 2 by end of year it would mean the market cap with current supply would be 77 billion. For the moment total market cap is 72 billion.

Please be realistic. And were talking with current supply so if there is more supply it is definitly some crazy crack talk.

watch & see

streamliner

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:57:45 AM

i think ,we all think like you  Smiley

I think you should be realistic in your assessment of cryptocurrency value.

If you do some market research, you should know that it takes only 5-6 seconds to transfer money across different countries using XRP in a fully legal and regulated way with lower cost, whereas it currently takes 3-4 days in some countries to achieve the same with higher cost. In my opinion, this is almost analogous to moving from snail mail to email.

So what proportion of people would take up digital currency in the future? 10%? 20%? 50?

Well, lets assume a really small proportion by end of the year. Say 5%.

NYSE stock exchange alone has a market cap of 15 trillion US dollars. Here: https://www.fxcm.com/insights/new-york-stock-exchange-nyse/

5% of 15 trillion is 750 billion.

Now this obviously isn't the total market cap of the entire world..

If I add up your figures above, you estimated about 150 billion..

That's 1% of 15 trillion = 1% of NYSE market cap

1% of NYSE market cap < 1% of entire world market cap..

So you would only need less than 1% of the entire world by end of the year to take up cryptocurrency to get to your market value, or even if they don't, at least enough demand from less than 1% of the population to take up interest in digital currency.

Obviously these are all estimates, but can you see the magnitude of this and why some people here on the forum talk about holding XRP over the longer term?

Zegra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:50:26 PM

This is a pivotal moment I think. Ripple just found its longterm bottom. If it goes back up now it could mean the next pump happens (because you can see patterns repeating on the XRP/BTC chart, always bigger and bigger), if it fails now it will probably pop.
gegna37

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:52:39 PM

Hi guys,
I bet we all made some nice profit from cryptos lately, especially Ripple. I don't expect this uptrend to finnish any time soon, since all of my friends now want to get on the train, and I bet it's like that with all of us, I bet all your friends that you told about cryptos months ago are now envy and want to make some buck as well. Tens of thousands new investors a day I would bet, which is very, VERY awesome for us.
The thing is...I am about to quit my job and start withdrawing some money from cryptos monthly (after 10 months in the cryptoworld), but I have no idea where should I go or where should I call regarding the taxes from my profits. Anybody from UK who has experience with this? I think it's something we will all encounter eventually and it would be good to have the knowledge for all of us.
Please share your experience, maybe even tell me that quiting my job is stupid if you think, literally any opinion on my situation (which is a situation of a lot of people right now) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 01:31:04 PM

About time!!  I am 100% for this.. Ripple needs a high quality wallet for investors not banks!
Banks can take care of themselves.

edit: this is the kind of innovation that results from motivated employees!

that right i leave all my xrp on kraken just because i can't trust all those wallets but then in my mind exchanges are also something can't be trusted. gatehub sounds like its owned by lunatic who want to take all our info to extort us.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 02:29:46 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 03:27:35 PM by azmojo

That's your mistake right there. The market cap doesn't have to be realistic or rational. By the end of the year there will be a "new normal" for crypto market caps, and even that will probably be temporary. These will be figures we can't even imagine being rational right now. Crypto is a new frontier, not a business with earnings, costs, etc. Would be like saying that gold could never be $50k/oz because that would make the total value of all gold in the world $x.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:27:50 PM

That's your mistake right there. The market cap doesn't have to be realistic. By the end of the year there will be a "new normal" for crypto market caps, and even that will probably be temporary. These will be figures we can't even imagine being rational right now. Crypto is a new frontier, not a business. Would be like saying that gold could never be $50k/oz because that would make the total value of all gold in the world $x.

If you talked to someone in 2015 or even this time last year and said Bitcoin would have 32 billion market cap and be worth 2000 when it was only like 2-300 then?

Dude even in January 8-900 for BTC wasn't it? It's more than doubled.

Clearly these markets grow at an exponential rate when necessary that nobody can really predict.
azmojo

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 03:34:36 PM

That's your mistake right there. The market cap doesn't have to be realistic. By the end of the year there will be a "new normal" for crypto market caps, and even that will probably be temporary. These will be figures we can't even imagine being rational right now. Crypto is a new frontier, not a business. Would be like saying that gold could never be $50k/oz because that would make the total value of all gold in the world $x.

If you talked to someone in 2015 or even this time last year and said Bitcoin would have 32 billion market cap and be worth 2000 when it was only like 2-300 then?

Clearly these markets grow at an exponential rate when necessary that nobody can really predict.
Exactly. My point is that I'm not sure how valid it is to apply business market paradigms to crypto. What's the "market cap" of copper, oil, etc? Doesn't matter.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:28:33 PM

Exactly. My point is that I'm not sure how valid it is to apply business market paradigms to crypto. What's the "market cap" of copper, oil, etc? Doesn't matter.

Crypto is still in Wild West era where sudden doubling of market capitalization are ordinary. If the well known banks manipulated forex market is worth trillions then cryptocurrency rising 500 billion in a couple of years should be possible. Nowadays more countries are accepting. And Ripple is targeting the financial world who actually control the world.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:28:45 PM

Market monitoring for 21st of May: https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/5089-market-conditions-may-21-2017-245-pm-edt/

I would agree with all written there, for a past 2 days XRP bounces of 0.33c and comes back to around 0.35. XRP show strong resistance in moment when ETH almost doubled in couple days and BTC grown +300 - +400. It showed that it holds strong and hope we grow to 0.42 in couple days!

Also I see that XRP has some walls that explicitly moved, considering this manipulations I would assume that we can hit 0.30 for an hour or so, just to have panic sale, hope it will not happen.
vsyc

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:36:34 PM

Crypto is still in Wild West era where sudden doubling of market capitalization are ordinary. If the well known banks manipulated forex market is worth trillions then cryptocurrency rising 500 billion in a couple of years should be possible. Nowadays more countries are accepting. And Ripple is targeting the financial world who actually control the world.

At some posts here, I was writing that 70B will be hit by end of year, guess what, we already beyond that after month or so when I wrote.

If to think that crypto is hybrid of stock marker and FX, than we speak about trillions as market cap, if to speak that crypto is next FX, than again trillions. 70B is just 7% of 1T. If we say that crypto is derivative of currency, than sky is the limit and capacity just has no meaning.
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:02:06 PM

And another (great) review and comments posted in Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6cd8p2/ripple_xrp_analysis_quite_thorough/
RayX12

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:29:56 PM

Great dump guys... XRP still standing on the 3 against 1 fight for first place in crypto world.  BTC + ETH + DGB against XRP.. ouch

falconpunch

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:42:55 PM

Im not a fuding but i am new to crypto and just came across this article. http://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/03/01/japanese-banks-plan-to-adopt-blockchain-for-payments.html. How is having a different network, based on ripple and not utilizing xrp, gonna help us the investors? Btw i am holding long. maybe someone can educate me on how this shit works
RayX12

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:52:34 PM

I wonder what this Bitstamp announcement is for tomorrow??

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/5092-bitstamp-announcement/

I hope it is good for XRP..
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:11:16 PM

Great dump guys... XRP still standing on the 3 against 1 fight for first place in crypto world.  BTC + ETH + DGB against XRP.. ouch

Well just look at who he's up against, is the Ziggler with bleach blond hair as BTC? Alberto Del Patron...then Alberto Del Rio for ETH? and Albert for DGB?

I would've preferred Hulk Hogan for XRP but Cena is mighty megastar enough even though i'm not a huge fan of his. lol
azmojo

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:16:10 PM

I wonder what this Bitstamp announcement is for tomorrow??

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/5092-bitstamp-announcement/

I hope it is good for XRP..
Doubt it is XRP related. They already support it.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
RayX12

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:27:40 PM

Well just look at who he's up against, is the Ziggler with bleach blond hair as BTC? Alberto Del Patron...then Alberto Del Rio for ETH? and Albert for DGB?

I would've preferred Hulk Hogan for XRP but Cena is mighty megastar enough even though i'm not a huge fan of his. lol

I am hoping at some point XRP gets pissed off an turns into the Hulk!!!  Shocked Shocked

vsyc

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:40:58 PM

The wall a bit moved out, does not look that scary anymore  Grin Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 559 »
  Print  

Jump to: