Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:23:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Halving is a profitable???  (Read 46728 times)
senyorito123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:48:09 PM

Why not ? Halving is always make many profit to someone who patient hold their bitcoin rightly. I also hope and wait until the halving real happen in near time
Yeah. I think that main idea of halving is to slow down the flow of new Bitcoins. This way it takes longer to reach max potential and the price also rises.

Indeed, I'm also thinking this and I think its good for sure, I really have no doubts about that if I'm honest.
I even think the halving will be very profitable because it gets more difficult to gain bitcoins by mining.

Yes for those who do not want to do mining, halving can bring good profits to them

Halving will bring good profit to those who are buying bitcoins now and are just holding them till the day of the halving comes.
But it will take a few more months before we can feel the effect of the halving.
with patience we could benefit greatly. you just need to hold some of the bitcoin in your wallet. and when halving occurs bitcoin sell all that you have.

Thats a great idea for savings but my idea is save some my bitcoin and store it in my wallet and other is i will invest it so it can multiply and be many and also i will do trading s do gain more profit by the time halving will occur we will be rich because we have many bitcoins. Who knows bitcoin will reach to 600$ per 1 btc

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:31:12 PM

I think speculators discredit themselves to say that whales have more influence on price. The last run from $200ish to nearly $500 in a very short time was highly speculation-driven. Most of the bubbles are speculation driven as well, even if the popping of the bubbles are maybe done by whales who obtain a bearish outlook for a short term period of time.

I think the problem right now is there's two groups of shaky speculators surrounding the halving that have pretty opposite views. The first is the speculators that think the price is going to increase "sometime before the halving" and the folks that thing there is going to be a decrease "sometime after the halving" due to miners dropping and the speculation that follows from there.

So my guess is, because of this difference of opinion among speculators, the opposite could happen. We may see a decrease in price just before the event, as those speculators who were expecting it to rise instead see it fall and therefore start selling because they got it wrong and don't want to lose more than their basis cost. But then afterwards, with the price being as low as it is, the speculators who were expecting it to fall end up realizing that the price is already so low and as it starts increasing they fret about not getting back in in time before the next bubble, so they speculative buy instead.

There was some evidence of this happening last time around, too. The price had went from $7 to around $15, then fell slowly till around the halvening when it dipped just a little from about $12 to $10, and then shortly after the halving, started increasing just slightly from $10 back to $12. But the month just before and the month just after the halving didn't seem to have nearly the volatility of the 4 months previous and the 4 months after.

There is some evidence that with the price having remained so stable between $420-$430 for so long it's due for a breakout, though, so maybe this will happen sooner rather than later.

One other thing to note, the difficulty today is three times what it was through much of the month of October, yet the price in October is only half of what it was now. So if anyone was barely profitable in October, they should have already turned off their miners by now. I know Luke was looking at a situation where miners turn off large quantities of miners, but I just don't see that happening. It's more likely that instead what would happen is the hardware manufacturers will lower or halve the prices of their devices because demand for them dries up significantly. I think the miners themselves have priced the halving in. Especially anyone who has bought new miners in the last six months.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:56:29 PM

the chinesse miners will turn off their biz with Bitcoin once their profit will be much lower. They already earned a lot of money. I would do the same; no need for complications, for bargains with hardware manufactures. it's only business; no hard feelings Smiley

who cares about shit Bitcoin or any other e-currency? everybody cares about its pockets and it's something normal. each e-currency is a  "tool" to make real cash(money). it was the same with e-gold or liberty reserve
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:58:09 PM

the chinesse miners will turn off their biz with Bitcoin once their profit will be much lower. They already earned a lot of money. I would do the same; no need for complications, for bargains with hardware manufactures. it's only business; no hard feelings Smiley

who cares about shit Bitcoin or any other e-currency? everybody cares about its pockets and it's something normal.

Yes for those who do not want to do mining, halving can bring good profits to them
treeguard

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:12:56 PM

Do you think that in this year halving is a profitable???

Yes halving is profitable if you have bitcoins before it, because we know that price should rise to moon after halving, some even thinks that we will go to new Ath, so if you have bitcoins now, keep them and sell after halving, this way you will get profit
0day

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 08:02:15 PM

I think it is. Not for the halving itself but more because of the hype it creates. If all the people think that the price will rise they will buy a lot, so the price will actually rise.

Plus if most are sure the price has to rise, they would not see higher prices as "expensive now", thus continue buying as usual. The worst that could happen is another bubble which pops (quick rise to over 1000+ and selloffs to 500 again), but I see slow price rise much more likely scenario instead.

Yes, the price now is rising up slowly and gradually which is better for its success, as with that people will remain there with and no one will immediately sell their coins and so there will be no other deep drop occur.

Hire me for your campaign management
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 01:15:57 AM

Yes halving is profitable if you have bitcoins before it, because we know that price should rise to moon after halving, some even thinks that we will go to new Ath, so if you have bitcoins now, keep them and sell after halving, this way you will get profit

A lot of people say that price SHOULD rise bit will it rise we don't know, better not to waste a lot of money to be saved form bad price after halving i guess.

angryrob

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:35:18 AM

Why not ? Halving is always make many profit to someone who patient hold their bitcoin rightly. I also hope and wait until the halving real happen in near time
Yeah. I think that main idea of halving is to slow down the flow of new Bitcoins. This way it takes longer to reach max potential and the price also rises.

Indeed, I'm also thinking this and I think its good for sure, I really have no doubts about that if I'm honest.
I even think the halving will be very profitable because it gets more difficult to gain bitcoins by mining.

Halving will bring good profit to those who are buying bitcoins now and are just holding them till the day of the halving comes.
But it will take a few more months before we can feel the effect of the halving.

Are you sure bitcoin price will rise after few month then Its very good and profitable for me because I am going to buy some bitcoin and I will hold it and wait , when Its worth will take 1000$ after that I will sell it and will enjoy. 
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1105

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:36:40 AM

Are you sure bitcoin price will rise after few month then Its very good and profitable for me because I am going to buy some bitcoin and I will hold it and wait , when Its worth will take 1000$ after that I will sell it and will enjoy. 

We can't predict what will happen in future, mostly the scenario is it will hit $700 and may be more than that, but how far goes to $1000 is a doubt. Anyways you are wise as you are collecting coins, can obtain good profits.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
pinkslink

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:25:04 AM

its not the halving date itself
but the 6 months after

look at the last halving
then look at the price:
6 months prior to the halving = $5.10
the halving date = $12.50 (+145%)
and 6 months after the halving = $130 (+940%) (after price come down from peak in april)

sure there will be speculators that will drive price higher before it settles back down lower at some point
with the halving being known though i do think we will have a calm before the storm

last halving the price peaked at $230 before (1740% increase from halving date)

If you applied the same to todays value:

11th jan 2016 BTC = $448
11th July 2016 halving date + 145% = $1097
Peak somewhere after halving + 1740% = $20184
11th Jan 2017 + 940% = $11408

i dont think it will as much an icreases like last time but it will be similar, the older BTC gets the less volitile it will be.
(although very far from being stable yet)
but i do think we will see a price go above $2000, and it then settles above $1000, in the 6 months after the halving date

also do note, mining farms will be losing money daily, if price does not increase.
VPRO reported that mining farms in china were losing money when BTC was at $250
so miners will need the price to increase

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:36:32 AM

We really cant predict what will the price be but it will rise just like the past halving did a few years ago,i am also holding my bitcoin and is wating for the price increase.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:23:23 AM

I think we can not just look at the track record in previous halving and says it will happen again?
no one can guarantee it could re-occur? keep watching and ready to sell

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
pinkslink

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:38:44 AM

the worst part is everyone is holding BTC expecting to profit from the halving
this does not help BTC long term
as transaction volume is what will help
and also showing others

but on flipside
if many people make money during this halving, it may be taken as a regular occurance
which may help BTC every 4 years
(would be like a 4 year year lotto)
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:18:59 AM

The halving will most likely be profitable but its of course not to predict, a lot of people are investing these days because of the halving.
I think its good that people are investing for it because its also investing the bitcoin itself.
yeah it can be seen that a lot of users who are enthusiastic and buy bitcoin for halving coming. so am I I also bought some bitcoin with price $380 lucky this time has gone up. but I have not sold it I'll hold up halving come. and see what happens hopefully profitable for me

sured44

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:44:18 AM

The halving will most likely be profitable but its of course not to predict, a lot of people are investing these days because of the halving.
I think its good that people are investing for it because its also investing the bitcoin itself.
yeah it can be seen that a lot of users who are enthusiastic and buy bitcoin for halving coming. so am I I also bought some bitcoin with price $380 lucky this time has gone up. but I have not sold it I'll hold up halving come. and see what happens hopefully profitable for me

people hopes that the halving will be good for Bitcoin and that the value will be more worth after the halving and that can be nice for the people who already have Bitcoin.
MFahad

Activity: 2478
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 12:50:45 PM

Yes halving is a profitable thing, specially those people who are hold they bitcoins and wait for increased the price of bitcoins. because halving is a only way, when bitcoins's price increased very fast, last year proved it, most of the people get profit from halving, also me.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Capitascism

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:48:20 PM

Everything about bitcoin is good and profitable and will be in the future this is for sure.
We all can be very satisfied with this year, especially now when price of almost double than last year.

*************************Too many scams beware******************************************
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:15:45 PM

Everything about bitcoin is good and profitable and will be in the future this is for sure.
We all can be very satisfied with this year, especially now when price of almost double than last year.

This year so far isn't special at all. I think the most interesting times will be just before and just after the block halving. Talking about the price having doubled from last year has no value anymore since a lot people secured their profits and most likely bought back somewhere around the current prices. All focus is on what the price will be after the block halving. That's the only thing that counts.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:25:00 PM

It will rise for a short time. It'll drop again fast because people will sell their bitcoin as fast as possible.

Halving is arguable if it's going to be profitable or not. If you sell it fast enough, you'll get a lot of profit. If you don't , well... it will be the same as before.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:27:32 PM

I don't see why people all talk about the halving as a temporary price bump.
It's pretty clear that the economic change is a permanent one, right?

The psychology is less predictable , but surely that describes the temporary, tradertard induced volatility looking for profits.

Bottom line is that (possibly after equilibrium is reestablished), demand rate remains the same while supply rate is halved.
That can only result in a price increase.
The amount of that increase is dependent mainly on the shape of the supply(price, time) function - hard to guess because of that time dependence...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: