Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:34:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your best investment strategy?  (Read 191408 times)
dannyjr89

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:18:10 PM

My strategy is a bit risky for a rational investor.
Here is my investment strategy :

1. Buy Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, NEO(I'm sure that Chinese will back their own cryptocurrency), and Monero at the same percentage (this is for long term).
2. Buy these hyped up coins, sell when they are pumped.
3. Buy old hyped coins (after they have been dumped) and hold for a few months.
4. Reinvest all the profits made in trading to BTC, LTC, ETH, NEO, and XMR.
5. Repeat.
*Don't involve your emotions in trading and investing.

I know it's risky but I'm young and I'm going to give it all into crypto while I can.

I like your strategy. Though, I wouldn't touch neo (antshares) with a 10 foot poll. Neo is still super bloated right now.

Pump and dump coins always seem to be repumped after enough time so I think the idea of gathering old hyped coins are a good idea.
Aureliusy

Activity: 325

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:27:31 PM

Don't follow the pack. Do what you believe in or at least try. Be curious and try to look from different perspectives + be ethical
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:56:16 PM

The crypto world can become unpredictable sometimes, making our choices of investing into it, a very limited one. From scams to ponzis, there have been many losses from investors, yet making it very difficult to find a reliable investment.

But on the bright side, you could still invest into assets and commodities with your crypto like Gold and Silver. Then, if done right you could profit along the way with a good strategy.

As for me, I only decide to invest into gold (by exchanging BTC to Gold) and into some NXT and BURST assets.

What would be your investment strategy? Please share your tips, advice, or any good strategy you would use to safeguard your crypto investments.  Smiley
Actually, I do not even have such a strategy. It is just so happen that for me to be able to adopt into bitcoin cryptocurrency is I adapt with the movement of its price by going to the flow in which I buy bitcoin on price dump and sell those I have bought when the price pumps. I also keep on saving my earnings and somehow use a little bit of it into investment purposes.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 09:21:27 AM

I see your point, but I don't consider what I said to be contradiction. First of all, I was speaking only in regards to stocks, which do not comprise 100% of my investments. I also own bonds, real estate, and crypto as well as short-term notes. The diversification was only in respect to the equity portion of my investments.

So I suppose there are two types of diversification, and I was speaking about the smaller set. There's diversification across investment types (what the asset is: stock, bond, real estate, commodity, crypto, etc.) and there's diversification across industries which is most commonly (but not exclusively) used in relation to equity investing. If you're invested 50% in stocks and 25% in bonds and 25% in real estate, and all your stocks are in one industry, I wouldn't consider that diversified. You could be well-diversified inside crytpo (10% across 10 different coins) but equating 100% of your investments and I wouldn't consider that diversified in the larger sense either, since crypto by and large is dominated by btc, and whatever btc does it for the most part drags every other coin with it. In equity investing, there are defensive stocks that perform better in recessions than growth stocks which are very dependent on good economic conditions. So there are several ways to get at diversification, but in each case it's going to depend on the facts of the case. I would say a general way to put it is you're diversified if a general event doesn't impact all your investments at the same time. (Exceptions for catastrophic market events, which will drop everything, because you can never be diversified to the point where you never experience losses.)

As to me, this kind of diversification doesn't make a lot of sense for an individual

Note that I specifically point this out since a big investment company (like Berkshire Hathaway) is a totally different matter (obviously, they have quite a few of different individuals). Diversification, as I understand it, serves for profit multiplication at a certain level of risk. If you are looking for capital preservation, you buy gold, and that's pretty much it. Since no one can learn and understand any asset perfectly, it makes sense to invest in no more than 3-4 assets (as I told before) while learning these assets as deep as possible, otherwise you will be wasting time and energy mindlessly shuffling your money between different assets with no real purpose

I suppose I'm on the other side then, as I completely see the point of diversifying.  Diversification is mainly about risk management.  Investing is about trying to increase wealth, which is essentially taking on risk in pursuit of future reward.  In the pursuit of this reward, if you put all your investment eggs in one basket, and that basket breaks, you're ruined.  Diversification across investments (or industries) is about making sure that if one of your ideas proves wrong, it doesn't end up in you losing all your money.

Necessarily, diversification likely lowers overall return because it forces you to invest in other areas instead of putting all your money in your "best" investment idea to protect against the possibility that that single idea proves wrong.  If you were simply trying to maximize returns, you would identify your best idea, and sink all your money into it.  You wouldn't diversify to try and make money, but to protect you from the some of the risk as you try to make money by taking on risk.  Because diversification's aim is risk management, if you just wanted to swing for the fences regardless of risk, you wouldn't diversify at all.  That doesn't matter if you're a large corporation or an individual investor.  Though large corporations have more money to lose by not diversifying, the money lost by 
an individual is more meaningful per dollar because it is so much less.

So as an individual investor, I fully embrace the need to diversify.
Spreading money across different investment types and industries is meant to decrease the likelihood that you lose everything due to a catastrophe

You are again confused about your purposes and means to achieve them

And it shows through. You end your endless post with the words about decreasing the chances that you lose everything due to some disaster. But if that really were your ultimate aim, you would have put your wealth (at least, the part which you don't want to lose no matter what) in gold and get done with that. Otherwise, you are diversifying for profits, as simple as it gets. Indeed, as a smart investor you might understand something about risks, i.e. you understand that investing in highly speculative assets will likely cause severe losses, but that doesn't take anything from my point. You are still diversifying for the purpose of earning more money, not for the purpose of just preserving your wealth. These are the two ends of the same stick

Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:37:46 AM

You don't really expect people to tell you strategies that actually work, do you?
they will not tell you about their strategies and how they will earn more in tradings. because trading is a risky way of to double your money .
Lolang

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:43:37 AM

The crypto world can become unpredictable sometimes, making our choices of investing into it, a very limited one. From scams to ponzis, there have been many losses from investors, yet making it very difficult to find a reliable investment.

But on the bright side, you could still invest into assets and commodities with your crypto like Gold and Silver. Then, if done right you could profit along the way with a good strategy.

As for me, I only decide to invest into gold (by exchanging BTC to Gold) and into some NXT and BURST assets.

What would be your investment strategy? Please share your tips, advice, or any good strategy you would use to safeguard your crypto investments.  Smiley
I think the best investment strategy is to invest in something stable. Though it will be a little income at first atleast you know that it will last longer. Invest in something that you also want to work of. Invest in what you enjoy doing.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:57:29 AM

My strategy is invest as soon as possible. As you can see if you invested in bitcoin when it was new. You could be now rich, because the prices for bitcoin went up. So i would suggest to invest in bitcoin.
you soundslike gonna invest on a ponzi scheme business , or just gamble. it was not a good strategy at all. do your own research and take a look about the future plan , support, community and many other factor that could increase the business so fast .

in crypto you could take a look to ethereum where they have made several cooperation with big company and it makes them promising to grow in the future.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Nascor

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:03:16 AM

I buy as soon as I can, as much as I can
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:10:27 AM

I buy as soon as I can, as much as I can
That's good, don't doubt the potential of bitcoin anymore because we have seen already how successful it is.
Actually there is a dump now and the price is still cheap so see this is an opportunity to increase your total holdings.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Hipster999

Activity: 173

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:16:53 AM

My best strategy when I first started was holding my coins which I still do.
I'm currently trading coins buying the most cheapest coins and sell when the value gets high.

This is the simplest strategy for my opinion, but it is quite effective and does not require any special knowledge or skills, even a schoolboy can cope with it.

Bingooop

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

I don't really have a strategy that I use. I just buy some Bitcoins every now and then when the price has gone down to hold for the long term. That's all I do at the moment. I am not even trading. It's purely holding what I do. I am so happy with my Bitcoin investment that I never look into any other investment. Bitcoin is more than enough for me as I believe in its full future potential.

Investing in anything which can be a good valuable in future so that would be a great investment in your life
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:35:49 PM

My best strategy when I first started was holding my coins which I still do.
I'm currently trading coins buying the most cheapest coins and sell when the value gets high.

This is the simplest strategy for my opinion, but it is quite effective and does not require any special knowledge or skills, even a schoolboy can cope with it.
Buy low and sell high, that's the basic thing to do to be profitable but it requires timing.
It's better if you are focus with few coins so you can easily monitor the price movement and the reason behind the movement.
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:42:18 PM

I just buy Bitcoin when its market value is low then I'll just hold it for a long period of time. And will only sell it if the price is already high or depending on my situation whether I need to buy something or for emergency purposes. In this way, I am using Bitcoin as an asset and as a currency. This strategy is used by most of the people here in Bitcoin community because the profit is assured to be big since its market value is increasing as time is passing by.

Zoomber

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:55:19 PM

Well investing strategies are like food diets: There is no "best investment strategy" excepts the one that works best for you. Also you dont want to begin a strategy and find that you want to abandon it for some hot new trend you discovered by yourself. You dont need anything expensive all you need something comfortable that will last a long time, especially if your investment objective is for long term method.
SilverKan

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

I'm currently holding long for btc and well, to be honest, I've already offloaded some of my coins and wait for the right time again to buy back in and hold onto it for too long. Also, I'm currently investing into several promising ICOs to make sure that I'm not lagging behind into some of the profit opportunities out there.
Nascor

Activity: 197

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:55:53 PM

buy a lot, buy fast

as soon as you've found something you like, don't think twice about it, buy it as soon as possible
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 04:50:41 PM

When we invest, of course patience becomes an important factor to be able to generate profit. most people do not be patient when they invest so they sell bitcoin because they feel they have earned a small profit.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:25:30 PM

I just buy Bitcoin when its market value is low then I'll just hold it for a long period of time. And will only sell it if the price is already high or depending on my situation whether I need to buy something or for emergency purposes. In this way, I am using Bitcoin as an asset and as a currency. This strategy is used by most of the people here in Bitcoin community because the profit is assured to be big since its market value is increasing as time is passing by.
Yes, a very safe strategy and most people do not want to risk in trading altcoin always choose this strategy, buy bitcoin at low prices and sell at high prices because the price of bitcoin always tends to increase, we can easily implement this strategy, just buy and wait. But I do not like this strategy because the waiting time is pretty long and the profit is not too much if we own less bitcoin, I like to choose altcoin potential to buy low sell high, profit can be said is great in short time

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:45:13 AM

My strategy is invest as soon as possible. As you can see if you invested in bitcoin when it was new. You could be now rich, because the prices for bitcoin went up. So i would suggest to invest in bitcoin.
With bitcoins, I have almost the same strategy. I always try to invest in bitcoins whenever there is some dump shown by bitcoins because I want to be rich and bitcoins are the only solution to my problem, lol. Bitcoins are never regretting when you invest your money into them, they always return you investment with significant profits.
Forhadm

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 07:25:59 AM

I have some investing Strategy off all investing i like bitcoin, really i like bitcoin investing strategy because many man will interested to this bitcoin because bitcoin get profit of this society man also i will learn to this and get more profit  so my hear bitcoin is the best  investing strategy.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: