Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:38:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon ASIC] Batch #2 pre-Sale Thread  (Read 107616 times)
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:41:28 PM

I will of course be in NY when order happens, better hosting has been acquired. I do not for see any problems. We try to only make the same mistake once.
So does that mean once you are back in NY in 2 days, you'll be also addressing those Batch 1 order questions and tickets or have you all together abandoned those customers?

You can be sure it'll be addressed. It's less of an actual issue rather it's more of an cosmetic problem. I do not have my hardware 2 factor auth to change the server database, but I came to china with an export list of customers and such. they are more or less fixed, just require me to sync once I get back into NY and send out a email letting the customers know. I've told the same thing to everyone effected, but I guess people just won't feel safe until that order status page changes.

Pretty funny how we trust the system controlled by the person more than the person itself now a days...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:45:25 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2013, 12:00:20 AM by SysRun

Also pretty funny how you can spend 400 dollars on shipping without getting a tracking number.

EDIT: for the record, I did not miss this post from the 22nd stating that tracking number will be provided. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.msg1471112#msg1471112

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:48:55 PM

Also pretty funny how you can spend 400 dollars on shipping without getting a tracking number.

Did you miss the part where I mentioned I will forward tracking number as soon as it is made available to me, OR
Did you miss the part where I mentioned due to CNY there is multiple problems getting the package out of mainland, OR
Did you just wish to continue to repeat the fact I have yet to give out a tracking number.

Please tell me it's #3 so I can start ignoring you.

SysRun

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:52:27 PM

Start ignoring?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:52:39 PM

Did you miss the part where I mentioned I will forward tracking number as soon as it is made available to me, OR
Did you miss the part where I mentioned due to CNY there is multiple problems getting the package out of mainland, OR
Did you just wish to continue to repeat the fact I have yet to give out a tracking number.

Please tell me it's #3 so I can start ignoring you.

If you are going to start trolling your potential customers, you may want to start trying harder. Maybe Inaba will give you a quick lesson.  Roll Eyes
BitSyncom (OP)

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:56:27 PM

If you are going to start trolling your potential customers, you may want to start trying harder. Maybe Inaba will give you a quick lesson.  Roll Eyes

He isn't a potential customer. As for trolling... think what you will. All he did was repeating what I've established as fact, and all I did was made sure he didn't miss it. Seeing how he pops up every 2-3 pages talking about how I've yet to provide a tracking number.

If this was on purpose however, I'd like to start ignoring him. What do you expect SysRun? reply to you with things like "Sorry, I have no new information" every 2-3 pages?

Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

So basically this is the "we are really a scam" moment of truth for Avalon?

I have been waiting patiently for this moment.  Any person stupid and greedy enough to send MORE coins to avalon before there is conclusive proof of many working units, well, I feel sorry for your mother. Shame.

Classic.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 12:29:24 AM

So, we have a problem. Avalon need the money before this weekend starts to place orders for the parts. For those unbelievers, let's hope Jeff receives his unit before batch #2 starts selling on EST 9:00 AM, January 31st, 2013.

Would you be able to send this out officially to all those who have subscribed to your mailing list?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
tytus

Activity: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:31:06 AM

What is this ?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:34:08 AM

See these posts from the other thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.msg1488869#msg1488869
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137534.msg1489062#msg1489062

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
SysRun

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:46:50 AM

If you are going to start trolling your potential customers, you may want to start trying harder. Maybe Inaba will give you a quick lesson.  Roll Eyes

He isn't a potential customer. As for trolling... think what you will. All he did was repeating what I've established as fact, and all I did was made sure he didn't miss it. Seeing how he pops up every 2-3 pages talking about how I've yet to provide a tracking number.

If this was on purpose however, I'd like to start ignoring him. What do you expect SysRun? reply to you with things like "Sorry, I have no new information" every 2-3 pages?

We're all scratching our heads here. Perhaps something was lost in translation? Nobody's perfect, let's just let it slide.

tytus

Activity: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:53:22 AM

So the chip works :-) Even if the yield would be 50% (probably it is much higher!) I would say this was a very successful project :-) This is a good start to get more funding for a better chip (6 Watt per 1GH/s chip will not sell for too long).
coastermonger

Activity: 367

Find me at Bitrated

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 12:57:50 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2013, 01:20:57 AM by coastermonger

BitSynCom, he might not be a potential customer, but I am.  Myself and undoubtedly several hundred others are no doubt hanging on your every word in order to determine whether or not Avalon products are a legitimately worthy investment.  Except, your words in this post have definitely left a sour taste in our mouths.  But since you don't really care about that, allow me to speak more in terms you may understand.  

By marginalizing us, your potential investors, you are killing your business profits in the long term.  People are looking at your company's unprofessional communications and completely reversing their decision to buy Avalon ASICs.  You demand BTC only payments (which is almost understandable) and then claim no refunds (which is cause for concern) and finally offer "no proof."  I am sorry, but no wise person, and especially not myself, will invest hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in an unreleased product without a substantial amount of information.

Now is not the time to tell your potential customers to weather the storm of uncertainty.  To commit their valuable dollars to your project with nothing but complete faith in your word.  You can tease us with photographs or screenshots of cgminer but these are entirely insufficient.

BitSynCom, you can fix this. You undeniably have access to verifiable information, any sort of evidence which proves that these ASIC miners are in existence.  It's time to put your product in the spotlight, because as of now I'm not even flinching towards a buy button.  No one wants to risk so much when there are so many unknown variables. 

As clear as it is that you have not employed an effective customer service team or PR department, you must use such evidence to convince us of the quality of these products.  Many are worried that  they could be shipped a defective device and will be completely out of luck.  I do not blame them for thinking it, what help can a company be when it is unconcerned with complaints?  It seems like you simply want to take our money and run.  I have very little confidence in Avalon, because while you may indeed deliver what you claim to be a superior ASIC, I am not seeing the kind of company that I want to be dealing with for months and years to come.  

Ultimately I am not buying from the person who's claims are the best, I am buying from what I can judge most clearly and accurately, with my own two eyes.  If I see nothing convincing, I will gladly, happily take my investments elsewhere.

Bitrated user: Rees.
SysRun

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 01:01:48 AM

I am, or at the very least was, a potential customer. Additionally, I am an actual customer.

dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 01:20:41 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2013, 01:53:36 AM by dbasql

Let me start by saying I am a total newb when it comes to Bitcoin and this website. I am not a newb when it comes to running a business. My entire reason for even giving a shit about Bitcoin is the ASIC technology. I don't gamble, want items secretly in the mail, need to tip whores etc.

I have also not been a part of any of the drama leading up to this point with any vendors. I can tell by a few post some are already angry about delays and promises. After reading about the technology I was convinced (not overwhelmingly) that I was going to purchase Avalon products. I do not know if I can recoup my cost but I didn't care because like many of you...  

I have enough money to make the purchases
I want to be part of the Bitcoin process and community
The thought of having something turn key appealed to me
It's just plain cool technology
There were 3 primary times to enter the game so far and this is one of them

My observations thus far..**Note these are not necessarily directed at one vendor**

I am very surprised that any representative for a company would even think about speaking towards clients and potential clients in the fashion that is displayed on this site
The audacity for any vendor to put up demands such as no returns, Bitcoin only purchasing Huh especially when there are already issues with the first "batch"

In my personal opinion there are a couple of reasons I can think of that you would succumb to these demands

You just have money to blow
You are blinded by virtual greed and are not thinking clearly
You have some "inside" information that the rest of us don't
You think these devices are going to be worth a high dollar value for a long period of time  Huh

Dicking around on the internet is one thing but when you are buying a product from a vendor especially is the US you deserve protection. If you pay with Bitcoin you have nothing

What if they can't verify the transaction for some reason?
What happens if the devices never ship?
What happens if the devices do ship and yours overheats, breaks, has a firmware issue.... whatever?
Ask yourself what other item on Earth you would buy with Bitcoin site unseen no matter what the performance promises are?
What happens if the order gets delayed, you have your money tied up and another vendor starts shipping?
What risk are you taking versus the risk the vendor is taking?

Any time there is an issue in any business the best way to handle it is to be 100% forthright. It makes the clients stay calm and the vendor look genuine. You can obviously see this is not the case with this technology. There is no logic in creating false reasons to keep things secret.

Maybe I get into this maybe I don't. At this point I can tell you for sure any vendor that basically wants me to pay for R&D with Bitcoin will not be getting a cent from me. Bitcoin certainly have a purpose but this is not it.
If it matters to anyone my budget is 5K to basically be able to say " I was part of that" someday.

I wish you all well whatever you decide; just think about it.

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 01:56:59 AM

Let me start by saying I am a total newb when it comes to Bitcoin and this website. I am not a newb when it comes to running a business. My entire reason for even giving a shit about Bitcoin is the ASIC technology. I don't gamble, want items secretly in the mail, need to tip whores etc.
Maybe you aren't a newbie in the business, but you've still remained remarkably naive.

Bitcoin is a new frontier; very much like petroleum exctraction was some time ago. Go rewatch Dallas or Dynasty on fast forward, but this time with understanding of the business undercurrent in those shows. At least in Bitcoinia nobody is kidnaping people's children, setting factories on fire, etc.

Really, learn some history. eldentyrell named his FPGA bitcoin operation "Tricone mining". Actually go to the library and research the conditions which oil drillers had to accept to lease tricone driling bits. Yes, lease and not buy.

Most of you calling themselves businessmen or customers are just whiners, wannabes or effete mamma-boys. Do you really think that you have it hard?

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 02:33:56 AM

Maybe you aren't a newbie in the business, but you've still remained remarkably naive.

Bitcoin is a new frontier; very much like petroleum exctraction was some time ago. Go rewatch Dallas or Dynasty on fast forward, but this time with understanding of the business undercurrent in those shows. At least in Bitcoinia nobody is kidnaping people's children, setting factories on fire, etc.

Really, learn some history. eldentyrell named his FPGA bitcoin operation "Tricone mining". Actually go to the library and research the conditions which oil drillers had to accept to lease tricone driling bits. Yes, lease and not buy.

Most of you calling themselves businessmen or customers are just whiners, wannabes or effete mamma-boys. Do you really think that you have it hard?

Above is a true disciple to the religion of bitcoin. Most of us are not as devout as this soul.
He sorta comes off as a college educated know it all with not a single callous on his hands. But i am just guessing based on how he treated a new user who posted a very reasonable post. But since he is referencing dallas and dynasty... He might be an old know it all ;-)

In a year or so asics will be todays gpus. The excitement will be over and incremental asic upgrades will not matter much. The early birds will do well and even the some what late comers will make some money... But the mad rush will be satisfied and the asic companies will be yesterdays news. What then? Right back where we started with the most clever coming up with a good business model that just happens to accept bitcoins. The same type of people who do well with or without btc.

I am not sure i will even buy asics now. I have been turned off from it by these companies who think they can treat customers like dirt. It is probably time to shift gears to a different area of bitcoin and sink or swim. Or maybe just fade away to something else. Who knows?

All i know is that sending your money to anyone without solid proof they have a product is silly. So far we have seen teases and that would have been ok months ago but not today. So consider buying an asic product like gambling at this point and not as an investment. Because as an investment you are in super high risk land and it is very foolish.
dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 02:34:56 AM

I have no idea of what you are trying to say or how anything you are saying pertains to a pre-order of a product. I don't care about what nerd pet names people came up with for past projects. This is about the technology, products and order process now.

What I see on this forum are people that have pre-ordered and are trying to convince themselves it was a good idea. If they see something they don't like or makes them uncomfortable they resort to personal attacks including the vendors representatives.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2013, 02:52:34 AM

<off-topic post with apologies>

I knew a guy in Tunica, Mississippi, during my live poker years who made his fortune rebuilding/repairing tricone drilling bits in Texas.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 30, 2013, 02:55:38 AM

• Bitcoin Only

• No Refunds

• No Proof
Wow... No Way ..

+1[/list][/list]

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: