Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat?  (Read 75138 times)
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:42:40 AM

I wish we could abolish fiat because it represents the biggest scam on earth since the word ponzi was ever invented but for the moment until a new system gets into place replacing it we are still relying on it. I do hope a time will come where more fairer monetary systems are put in place for everyone's benefit.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:42:52 AM

Fiat still works and I am still using it on a daily basis, so yes. Until bitcoin can be used as easily, conveniently as fiat, then it cannot replace fiat. So I still believe in fiat's purchasing power but I do not know how long it will last. With the emergence of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, fiat's future is bleak.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:31:08 AM

Fiat still works and I am still using it on a daily basis, so yes. Until bitcoin can be used as easily, conveniently as fiat, then it cannot replace fiat. So I still believe in fiat's purchasing power but I do not know how long it will last. With the emergence of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, fiat's future is bleak.
agree with you I'm also still using fiat I have to believe in the fiat thats why I always refused if a lot of people talking that  bitcoin will replace the fiat. I think we could use both I using bitcoin for option and if I do not have money or not payday. I rely bitcoin Cheesy
Elyes Zebda

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:34:14 AM

I use fiat just to get through the day, and buy what I can buy or can't be bothered to buy with Bitcoin.
Yes it helps to buy coins Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:03:29 AM

Fiat is being used daily so i dont think i wont be able to not believe in it,is fiat is worthless to people and they cant profit then they wont believe in it.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:14:06 PM

agree with you I'm also still using fiat I have to believe in the fiat thats why I always refused if a lot of people talking that  bitcoin will replace the fiat. I think we could use both I using bitcoin for option and if I do not have money or not payday. I rely bitcoin Cheesy

Bitcoin users always in a situation to accept fiat even if they are not interested to make transactions with it. This is because only part of the people believe the digital currency, others don't believe and this continues even when bitcoin reach great heights.
moviebuff777

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 04:51:05 PM

We have to have fiat money to do most things, so I say yes.  Bitcoin is only useful to do certain things and will probably never be used for everything money related.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 06:47:51 PM

Everybody loves cash, and the poor more than most, because they have no choice. Cash remains the only option which is absolutely free to use. No fees to the banks, or to a network, no need for an expensive mobile phone nor a subscription. Homeless people do not believe in anything but cash, and they're right. You've got to be rich to have other options.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
bankingbtc

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:27:48 PM

the answer is obvious , if u never got into the

property cycle or dont have the uber high paying

job or welfare Queen status with Gov supplied housing

or lastly deal drugs,

u would hate Fiat to the  core!

the endless print cycle is a joke  Cheesy

Well i believe in it and i don't  at same time, i am pretty sure that in future we won't  see fiat so often as we do now, but it will nevwr be changed to bitcoin and after 20 years people will still use fiat
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:33:16 PM

No i dont believe in it, it definitely exists i am looking at some now......... Wink
kenot21

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:17:03 PM

do we have any other choice for not believing fiat??? Of course as of now none, but maybe in the future.
If the government don't accept bitcoin, we don't have a choice. I still use fiat for daily basis, if i/we wan't to buy something i/we still need to convert it to fiat.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:22:44 PM

do we have any other choice for not believing fiat??? Of course as of now none, but maybe in the future.
If the government don't accept bitcoin, we don't have a choice. I still use fiat for daily basis, if i/we wan't to buy something i/we still need to convert it to fiat.

who cares if goverments accept bitcoin or not. bitcoin is not depending on banks or governments, so you can use bitcoin whenever you want at stores that accept it. if you spend your coins at stores that accept bitcoin, you don't have to convert anything as they mostly use bitpay as the payment processor.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:39:29 PM

if i'm not believe in Fiat, how can i buy something in countries or some people call local currencies. fiat money is under control by government, the place you leave of course fiat currencies is trusted than e-money or bitcoin or etc

maxj57634

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:46:43 PM

who cares if goverments accept bitcoin or not. bitcoin is not depending on banks or governments, so you can use bitcoin whenever you want at stores that accept it. if you spend your coins at stores that accept bitcoin, you don't have to convert anything as they mostly use bitpay as the payment processor.

Well right now the government and banks is still allowing bitcoin to use as they dont see it as some sort of threat but when a country collapse because of bitcoin then the whole government will take action to it.
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 12:48:23 PM

if i'm not believe in Fiat, how can i buy something in countries or some people call local currencies. fiat money is under control by government, the place you leave of course fiat currencies is trusted than e-money or bitcoin or etc
yes its under control of government though that does not mean that you can not use it properly on regular bases does it?

i think fiat will be around for a while and it will take a few decades for bitcoin to take over fiat though those are just my ideas
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:38:59 PM

There is nothing like believing or not believing in fiat.
It is existing thing, and belief makes no sense for real things.
It is actually more used than bitcoins in most of the world.
And also it is more acceptable.
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:57:53 PM

I use fiat just to get through the day, and buy what I can buy or can't be bothered to buy with Bitcoin.
Yes it helps to buy coins Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You only use fiat, because youre forced to...

Most of us are forced to use "fiat" because thats the only thing being accepted universally.

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 10:59:19 PM

I don't believe that fiat is going to be going everywhere.  Something that is the universal standard of storing value and paying simply isnt going to be going away overnight. 

I do like having alternatives like Crypto, but it just seems like a tool that can be used alongside fiat.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:55:58 AM

You only use fiat, because youre forced to...

Most of us are forced to use "fiat" because thats the only thing being accepted universally.

Im not forced to use it,my payment goes to the bank and from there i can pay anything without have on single printed money at hands,with bitcoin i cant pay any of those bills,atleast at the moment no,but over the next years some companies may accept bitcoin with some company doing the service the same way as microsoft is working with bitcoin.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:04:51 PM

i had still use this currently and that mean i'm still believe fiat although in the future i do expect bitcoin could be the rival for fiat
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: