Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 43540 times)
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:48:24 AM

After yesterday i would think everyone is "thinking" about the value of btc! Both sellers and buyers in the btc community!
Dude,

Nothing scary happened yesterday. Just market rules. Insane price increase which happen lately was regulated by the market. What worries me personally is panic not drop in price:)

Going from $20 to $266 in 2 months is not sustainable. That draws in Wall-Street sharks and speculators who just want to do a quick FIAT profit. It's not possible to have no corrections in the prices goes x10 each 60 days, too many newborn millionaires willing to cash out their profits.

We need a very nice correction to double digits and then a reasonable and sustainable growth trends.

+1

Exactly, the whole point of BTC is to use it as a currency.  Who wants to spend BTC when the value of it doubles in one week.  I'm sure most BTC merchants saw a decline in sales with this run-up.  It may help the investor/speculator.  It sucks for merchants as far as sales is concerned.

The BTC economy wont grow with people hoarding it.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:30:50 PM

Well, although I agree that the recent appreciate might have been fueled by speculators I also believe that the "crash" would not have occured had it not been for the technical failings of Mtgox. BTC really needs more competition in this domain. I really wish we had  in BTC land the equivalent of ECN trading networks like in the forex industry.

I believe Mark from MTgox posted an explanation on their facebook account.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:32:49 PM

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

This is quoted from the letter on Mar 1. Is it still valid?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:01:52 AM

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.

The question also, is, ship to where? I have some units ready to go.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 12:45:30 AM

The question also, is, ship to where? I have some units ready to go.

They will send us details either via e-mail or via newsletter. Let's give them a bit more time.

Icoin (OP)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 08:44:10 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 09:25:55 PM by Icoin

We are ramping up and the shipping of batch two has indeed begun, albeit not up to speed, we expect this situation to improve in a week or so once the equipment finish installing and the new, additional crew get use to the process. we are in also the process of merging many earlier problematic orders, if your order still does not show up in the store by Friday of the 19th please open another ticket.

Those who wish to trade in your FPGA generation Icarus or Lancelot: it is time to package and RMA those units back to us.

The address to sent

Mr. Chen Xuyi
    Xin Zhong Fa Dian Zi Shi Chang, 2319#
    Zhong Guan Cun Da Jie 32 Beijing Hai Dian
    China

or in chinese

陈旭宜
    新中发电子市场,2319#
    北京海淀区中关村大街32号
    +86 13801156072

State on the Box this is a Icarus/Lancelot RMA, in the box include your contact information (name, email is a must!), once received we'll get in touch with you.

On to chip sales which has been updated.

Due to overwhelming demand, we are going to gauge interest on a smaller 2 module version of the Avalon unit that's effectively half of a Avalon original in size, and greater than 45Gh/s in performance.

As per usual the price of the unit is determined by the following equation.
mining_difficulty * ( 1 + number_of_month_in_lead_time) over a 30 day period on the unit's hashing power. to those interested, here is the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rJJniFiYn0XMPZVKVni86xBvSTylWw0fv1c1zAfuR68/viewform

p.s. here's a picture of our new case.

We would like to pay the full price and keep the Lancelot Boards !! THE GMP Project has proovable 5 Lancelot Boards, ngzhang is able to confirm this, please get in touch with us asap: richard.porubcan at gmail.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90880.msg1098328#msg1098328

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:06:37 PM

^ is this possible? i love my icarus  Grin

will trade in customer given preferential treatment?

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:28:22 PM

I'm still confused, what is the price the trade-in customers will pay? I was under the impression we would be paying Batch #2 prices. If not, I'm not sure that a trade-in isn't a risky venture given the massive fluctuations in Bitcoin price.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:34:50 PM

I'm not sure I understand how this trade-in will work... I mean, every batch 2 customer already paid his order in full, right? If people send units for trade-in what kind of benefit will they get? A refund of the 300 dollars for each Icarus/400 dollars for each Lancelot? Or will they get credit towards a future Avalon purchase that may or may not come in the future?
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:35:49 PM

If anyone has figured out the most practical way to ship Icarus units to China (US Postal Service vs UPS vs FedEx vs Other), I'd appreciate if you'd share your findings.  I am an international shipping novice (I only ever receive and don't usually do the sending).

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 09:43:49 PM

If anyone has figured out the most practical way to ship Icarus units to China (US Postal Service vs UPS vs FedEx vs Other), I'd appreciate if you'd share your findings.  I am an international shipping novice (I only ever receive and don't usually do the sending).

Use DHL.

http://sbw.dhl-usa.com/Locations/USLocnsStart.asp

You may be using UPS (for example) even though it ships via DHL, but you'll want to use one of those locations.

Be sure to have that phone # handy. It's required for international shipments, but Yifu only put it on the Chinese portion. I'd include both US and Chinese labels somewhere on the box.

EDIT: BE SURE TO HAVE THE PHONE #

EDIT2: DO NOT USE CHINA REGISTERED MAIL (this can take up to 30 business days)

EDITFINITY: +86 13801156072 is the phone number.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 10:15:12 PM

Use DHL.

http://sbw.dhl-usa.com/Locations/USLocnsStart.asp

You may be using UPS (for example) even though it ships via DHL, but you'll want to use one of those locations.

Be sure to have that phone # handy. It's required for international shipments, but Yifu only put it on the Chinese portion. I'd include both US and Chinese labels somewhere on the box.

EDIT: BE SURE TO HAVE THE PHONE #

EDIT2: DO NOT USE CHINA REGISTERED MAIL (this can take up to 30 business days)

EDITFINITY: +86 13801156072 is the phone number.

dhl is the way to go, every package I sent FROM China arrived very fast. should work the other way around

if you need any help Im in Beijing I can assist, just PM me.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 10:29:22 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 12:47:05 AM by allinvain

Anyone would happen to know what is the quickest/cheapest method to ship TO China from Canada? I was thinking of using FedEx EMS or UPS. Any thoughts?

Edit: Scratch that. I see that Raize (thanks!) has already answered my question. I shall use DHL.

Icoin (OP)

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:55:06 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 01:34:39 AM by Icoin

BITSYNCOM & NGZHANG:

YOU PROMISED US THAT WE GET SHIPPED PRIOR BATCH2 - NOW WE GOT SHIPPED WHILE OR AFTER BATCH2
YOU PROMISED US THAT WE CAN BUY FOR THE FULL PRICE OR SEND OUR HARDWARE FOR TRADE-IN - SINCE YOU NOT RESPONDING, NOW WE HAVE TO SEND OUR HARDWARE first and then hope for your GOODWILL!

You promised us AVALON for 1500 USD with trade-in Lancelot 399 USD Price off or Icarus with 299 USD Price off per unit
Your email was not clear on points like price and shipping, and i guess its not just me that starts to feel not treated like a honored costumer from early 2012.

GMP is able to pay the full price when you are able to ship 5 Avalon, i guess i speak for everyone here that we expect to get treated well from you!

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:50:50 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 04:12:32 AM by Bogart

I've got mine all packed and labels printed to ship out by EMS in the morning.

I'm dividing them into 2 shipments so as to split the risk of loss or delay.

Edit: Now it looks like i may have to buy BTC to complete the purchase by the time they arrive.  I hope that's not too difficult.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:31:44 AM

Bitsync,

Can you please inform us how much shall we pay in BTC as tarde-in customers having Lancelots? It is important for me because i need to make my decision whether to spent my coins for trade in or for Avalon chips?

Thank you very much in advance

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:30:26 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 08:52:32 AM by rudrigorc2

fpga dropped.

Dhomochevsky

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:42:41 AM

Damn it, am I missing something? I'll ask again, I'm not sure I understand how this trade-in will work... Didn't every batch 2 customer already paid his order in full? Was there a trade-in option on the site when buying from batch 2 that I missed? If people that have already paid their order in full send units for trade-in what kind of benefit will they get? A refund of the 300 dollars for each Icarus/400 dollars for each Lancelot? Or will they get credit towards a future Avalon purchase?
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:46:48 AM

Damn it, am I missing something? I'll ask again, I'm not sure I understand how this trade-in will work... Didn't every batch 2 customer already paid his order in full? Was there a trade-in option on the site when buying from batch 2 that I missed? If people that have already paid their order in full send units for trade-in what kind of benefit will they get? A refund of the 300 dollars for each Icarus/400 dollars for each Lancelot? Or will they get credit towards a future Avalon purchase?

The first wave of batch2 had the option for tradein, I paid the tradein price(299$ discount)
Remaining questions I pass.
Dhomochevsky

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 08:52:16 AM

Oh, I see then. I was in the second wave of batch 2 and I missed any trade-in option if it was there. Thanks for the clarification.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: