Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread  (Read 43540 times)
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:44:29 PM

I'm hoping my EMS shipments go better.  I declared them as RMA/Returned Merchandise.

For anyone not wanting to deal with the trade-in, if you'd rather just sell your Icarus or Lancelot, I would gladly buy it from you at a premium price, and use it myself for trade-in.  PM me if you're interested.

damn... last week your boards were here 5km from the delivery spot. My mind wonders...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tucenaber

Activity: 337
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 03:54:31 AM

DHL just called me and told me that there is a $30 import duty for my FPGAs and Yifo & co refuses to pay for that.
Avalon doesn't answer support questions so what do I do now? If I don't hear from them soon the package is returned to me!

excuse me? on our end we don't even get notices for that. I'm pretty sure DHL asked you to pay this fee, but you now blamed me and Avalon for this?

based on these lies I should just not honor your trade in.

pay the import duty.

Bitsyncom, perhaps you could get in touch with me instead of calling me a liar and threatening not to honor my trade-in. Not a very nice way of treating "highly valued" earlier customers. You know, I have nowhere else to communicate except in public, since you never ever reply.

Fact. There is a fee that must be paid.
Fact. Mr. Chen refuses to sign for the package because of that.
Fact. I (and several other customers) have no way to pay for it.

And you won't even bother to reply. That's pretty crappy.
needbmw
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:01:56 AM

Same here, I will take my parcel back from DHL today and will try EMS on Monday with zero declared value.
Not sure if this will work.
BitSyncom, is there any way to pay customs fees to Mr.Chen?

NO PSAKING!
tucenaber

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:15:46 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 06:12:52 AM by tucenaber

You can call DHL China at 011 86 10 6780-6680 and ask them to convert the import tax to your domestic currency.
I did that, they said I have to pay in CAD to DHL Canada.  I'll call DHL Canada tomorrow....

It looks like it might work. Thanks.

EDIT: DHL China referred me back to my local DHL office. This is going in circles :/

EDIT2: Talked to my local DHL office again and got the same reply; there is no way to change the delivery conditions.
If anybody else is considering using DHL, you will need to have an account with them otherwise you will run into the same problem.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:16:54 AM

EDIT2: Talked to my local DHL office again and got the same reply; there is no way to change the delivery conditions.
If anybody else is considering using DHL, you will need to have an account with them otherwise you will run into the same problem.

As with most transport companies you have to choice when filling in the waybill to

Bill Duties and Taxes to:

Bill the receiver (default)
Bill the sender (requires an account number)
Bill another third party (requires somebody that can help you out)

I guess it's safest to find a friend or friendly company with a DHL account number, ask them to ship the item for you (they probably even get a discounted rate) and have them handle the duties and taxes, give them a few bitcoins in return for their trouble (thus killing 2 birds with one stone, introducing somebody to BTC)
reedlaw

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:37:52 PM

I also have 2 Icaruses stuck in customs. DHL says they are in Clearance Delay. I called DHL China and they routed me to another line to inquire about the current status, but no one answered.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:50:53 PM

Mine seems good. I will know in Monday for sure. Probably coutry of origin matters. I have printed RMA BOARD with big letters flowing Avalon trade-in update

18     Departed Facility in BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC      BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC     21:23     
17    Processed at BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    21:16    
16    Clearance processing complete at BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    16:18    

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:20:37 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 11:17:05 PM by coretechs

I'm having issues with my shipment as well.  I used FedEx Priority International and the status is reporting a clearance delay:  "Clearance instructions from the importer are required."  I just called FedEx and asked if I could arrange to pay the import duties if that is the issue.  They took my phone number and said someone would call me back within 2-hours with additional details.

Update 1: Tracking is now updated and the shipment was released.
Update 2: Package delivered 4/21, signed for by "CHEN"

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
reedlaw

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:45:37 PM

Mine seems good. I will know in Monday for sure. Probably coutry of origin matters. I have printed RMA BOARD with big letters flowing Avalon trade-in update

18     Departed Facility in BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC      BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC     21:23     
17    Processed at BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    21:16    
16    Clearance processing complete at BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    BEIJING & SURROUNDING AREA - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC    16:18    

I also had Icarus RMA written on the box. What value did you declare?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:53:02 PM

I also had Icarus RMA written on the box. What value did you declare?
low about 30-40 or something. I was wanting zero and dhl told me no way  Smiley That was lowest allowed

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:18:29 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 05:19:36 PM by rudrigorc2

Trade-In Situation
After much thought, we believe we have figured out the best system for Trade-Ins that will allow people to continue to mine with their FPGA as long as possible yet still able to get their ASIC on the second batch on time. The process will work as follows:

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

Early Batch2 tradein option clicked - PAID and walletbit confirmed.
Fpga in Avalon Teams hands for 2 days now. Go go go. I hope my units are not suffering from any turbulence.
tucenaber

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:35:05 PM

I'm sorry so many have the same troubles. Thanks to rudrigorc2, who payed Mr Chen for me, my package will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. Thank you for your help rudrigorc2!
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:15:29 AM

It seems ridiculous that on a forum devoted to a digital currency that knows no international borders, that we are having trouble getting money to an individual.

Does he take bitcoin?  Does anyone near him take bitcoin?

Send him (or a proxy near him) some coin!

rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:15:07 PM

hint from Mr.Chen : return FPGA using EMS!

I saw two boxes there today that went through without duty fees. All DHL are getting taxed.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:16:07 PM

I'm hoping my EMS shipments go better.  I declared them as RMA/Returned Merchandise.

Tracking now shows Delivered in China a couple hours ago.  I guess EMS worked out OK.

Gotta keep an eye on my email now...

Edit: Those were probably my boxes that you saw.  Did they have white labels on the sides saying "Icarus/Lancelot RMA", and one was an Antec box?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
rudrigorc2
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:21:08 PM

Tracking now shows Delivered in China a couple hours ago.  I guess EMS worked out OK.

Gotta keep an eye on my email now...

Edit: Those were probably my boxes that you saw.  Did they have white labels on the sides saying "Icarus/Lancelot RMA", and one was an Antec box?

Exactly.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:22:38 PM

Awesome.  Grin

I used USPS click-n-ship to generate the 4-copy shipping label/customs declaration for "Express Mail International" service.  That goes in the special 2976-E Customs pouch that gets stuck onto the side of the package.

I declared them as Returned Merchandise with a $60 value each, as "Development board for RMA".

I also stuck a few white "Icarus/Lancelot RMA" labels on the outside of the box.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 03:30:07 PM

So essentially what you folks are telling me is that $150 just went down the drain cause DHL can't get their shit together and collect duty fees from us?

What a nightmare.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:18:51 PM

I bless those ones who have problems in the custom, as I have 1 and a part of Icarus from overseas.

When will the trade-in customer get their payment guide to complete the trade-in transaction?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:44:11 PM

My DHL shipment went through without any troubles. I am a US resident, however, I'm not sure if people from other countries should be using it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: