Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:03:59 PM

Since science has proven that God exists, this make atheism possibly the greatest religion of all.

I hope this proves that the definition of "religion" fits atheism in almost all of its various ways.

Cool

Even ignoring how egregiously incorrect the first part of your statement is, the rest still makes no logical sense at all. It's like saying Zebras eat grass therefore religion is a goldfinch".

Either you have no argument to make, or you're being purposely disingenuous.

Now, how about a proper response. How is every interesting activity one does a 'religion'? How are you not essentially an atheist?

It's still very interesting how I can show that science proves the existence of God, but all you have been able to do for weeks and months, now, is to say that it doesn't... without refuting the things that I show regarding it.

I have no argument to make. I simply state the facts.

Any time that you want to see how every activity everyone does is part of their religion, all you need do is apply each and every activity to the definition of "religion."

Cool

You're changing the subject again. We were discussing your attempt to dilute the meaning of the word "religion" until it just means "something you feel strongly about", based on one definition of "religion", and ignoring all others. To you, "religion" has nothing to do with gods or supernatural.

I gave an example of how generalising definitions leads to ridiculous results by showing how you could (by one definitions of atheism) be considered to be essentially an atheist.

Then I asked you to explain how you could consider every interesting activity to be a "religion".

You addressed none of this in your reply, but instead attempted to change the subject. Would you like to try again?

Is all that what we were discussing? I didn't realize that we were discussing that. Since I didn't realize it then, maybe we still aren't discussing the same thing.

I think one of the things we are discussing is how you attribute thoughts and ideas to me that are not mine. You make them up and say that such is what I think. Since you do this on a regular basis, you have a religion of deception, and there is no real use even discussing things with you. This doesn't mean that I won't play the discussing game with you, by discussing some things, but you seem to intentionally distort the things that we are discussing.

Anyone who wants to see that atheism is religion need only look at how adamantly atheists express the things that they believe... or the things that they believe that they don't believe. Where does one look for all this adamant expressing? Google searches on "atheism."

The next thing to do is look up all the definitions of "religion" in all the dictionaries that are available. When one does this, it becomes very evident that atheism is a form of religion.

Okay. Now you have it, point blank. Is any more discussion necessary? No! All that is necessary is research. Have at it.

Cool

And so, as I explained, by a similar use of "definition" you are almost completely atheist. Your use of word definitions makes that a possible conclusion.

So, no --- no more discussion required. I hope the atheists welcome you into their ranks with open arms and ignore the teeny one god you do believe in for the many many more you don't.

You forget one little strategic area in this kind of thinking. False gods are not God.

No -- to an atheist all gods are equal, and I've shown that by your logic you are essentially atheist.

Try again!

Wrong! The thing that atheists do is to attempt to hide the truth that God exists in such a way that they can get around believing this simplest of truths.

Since there is only one God, and all the rest are idols, there are no gods that atheists can assume are the same.

The atheist, being his own god, has turned himself into an idol for himself. If he hadn't, he would look at the scientific proof that God exists, and simply accept the fact of it.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 01:19:40 PM

Since science has proven that God exists, this make atheism possibly the greatest religion of all.

I hope this proves that the definition of "religion" fits atheism in almost all of its various ways.

Cool

Even ignoring how egregiously incorrect the first part of your statement is, the rest still makes no logical sense at all. It's like saying Zebras eat grass therefore religion is a goldfinch".

Either you have no argument to make, or you're being purposely disingenuous.

Now, how about a proper response. How is every interesting activity one does a 'religion'? How are you not essentially an atheist?

It's still very interesting how I can show that science proves the existence of God, but all you have been able to do for weeks and months, now, is to say that it doesn't... without refuting the things that I show regarding it.

I have no argument to make. I simply state the facts.

Any time that you want to see how every activity everyone does is part of their religion, all you need do is apply each and every activity to the definition of "religion."

Cool

You're changing the subject again. We were discussing your attempt to dilute the meaning of the word "religion" until it just means "something you feel strongly about", based on one definition of "religion", and ignoring all others. To you, "religion" has nothing to do with gods or supernatural.

I gave an example of how generalising definitions leads to ridiculous results by showing how you could (by one definitions of atheism) be considered to be essentially an atheist.

Then I asked you to explain how you could consider every interesting activity to be a "religion".

You addressed none of this in your reply, but instead attempted to change the subject. Would you like to try again?

Is all that what we were discussing? I didn't realize that we were discussing that. Since I didn't realize it then, maybe we still aren't discussing the same thing.

I think one of the things we are discussing is how you attribute thoughts and ideas to me that are not mine. You make them up and say that such is what I think. Since you do this on a regular basis, you have a religion of deception, and there is no real use even discussing things with you. This doesn't mean that I won't play the discussing game with you, by discussing some things, but you seem to intentionally distort the things that we are discussing.

Anyone who wants to see that atheism is religion need only look at how adamantly atheists express the things that they believe... or the things that they believe that they don't believe. Where does one look for all this adamant expressing? Google searches on "atheism."

The next thing to do is look up all the definitions of "religion" in all the dictionaries that are available. When one does this, it becomes very evident that atheism is a form of religion.

Okay. Now you have it, point blank. Is any more discussion necessary? No! All that is necessary is research. Have at it.

Cool

And so, as I explained, by a similar use of "definition" you are almost completely atheist. Your use of word definitions makes that a possible conclusion.

So, no --- no more discussion required. I hope the atheists welcome you into their ranks with open arms and ignore the teeny one god you do believe in for the many many more you don't.

You forget one little strategic area in this kind of thinking. False gods are not God.

No -- to an atheist all gods are equal, and I've shown that by your logic you are essentially atheist.

Try again!

Wrong! The thing that atheists do is to attempt to hide the truth that God exists in such a way that they can get around believing this simplest of truths.

Since there is only one God, and all the rest are idols, there are no gods that atheists can assume are the same.

The atheist, being his own god, has turned himself into an idol for himself. If he hadn't, he would look at the scientific proof that God exists, and simply accept the fact of it.

Cool

Your efforts at convoluted logic still haven't answered a simple question - do you accept that by using only preferred word definitions, you can twist words to mean anything?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:44:23 PM

Your efforts at convoluted logic still haven't answered a simple question - do you accept that by using only preferred word definitions, you can twist words to mean anything?

Your puny attempts at trying to get me to answer my way into your convoluted thinking are laughable. But since there is and has to be a place even for you and your sniveling and slimy existence, go on blundering around in your darkness.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Tusk (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:32:49 PM

“Philosophy is written in that great book which ever lies before our eyes — I mean the universe — but we cannot understand it if we do not first learn the language and grasp the symbols, in which it is written”― Galileo Galile

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:47:48 PM

But since there is and has to be a place even for you and your sniveling and slimy existence, go on blundering around in your darkness.

Cool
Oh dear, oh dear. What an angry bitter little man.  Cheesy

What's wrong, failed to meet your target quota this month for new members suckers for your cult?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

Your puny attempts at trying to get me to answer my way into your convoluted thinking are laughable. But since there is and has to be a place even for you and your sniveling and slimy existence, go on blundering around in your darkness.

Cool

So, I'll take that as a "Yes", then? You accept that your use of the word "religion" in the context of atheists is inappropriate? Good. Then lets hear no more about it. Saying "Atheists are religious people" just makes you look silly.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:44:49 AM

Cool

So, I'll take that as a "Yes", then? You accept that your use of the word "religion" in the context of atheists is inappropriate? Good. Then lets hear no more about it. Saying "Atheists are religious people" just makes you look silly.

Is something available for you to take?

If something is yours and you take it, you have that right, because it is your property.

If something is not yours, and doesn't belong to anyone, and you desire to take it, you can take it. God left the thing open for you or anyone else to take. Take it if you wish.

If something belongs to someone else and you take it without receiving permission from the owner of that property, you are a thief, even if you attempt to justify it.

Since the definition of religion includes the "way" atheists are, atheism is a religion.

Why is it that you don't want to hear this truth?

Cool

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 07:33:30 AM

Cool

If something is yours and you take it, you have that right, because it is your property.

If something is not yours, and doesn't belong to anyone, and you desire to take it, you can take it. God left the thing open for you or anyone else to take. Take it if you wish.

If something belongs to someone else and you take it without receiving permission from the owner of that property, you are a thief, even if you attempt to justify it.

Since the definition of religion includes the "way" atheists are, atheism is a religion.

Cool

Again, you lend a phrase a meaning that no one else would give it. In English, the phrase "I take it" simply means "I understand that such and such is the case".

So, to paraphrase in simpler terms:

Is your response to my question ("do you accept that by using only preferred word definitions, you can twist words to mean anything?")  "Yes", then?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:56:54 AM

Cool

Cool

Again, you lend a phrase a meaning that no one else would give it. In English, the phrase "I take it" simply means "I understand that such and such is the case".

Is your response to my question ("do you accept that by using only preferred word definitions, you can twist words to mean anything?")  "Yes", then?

Since you can't seem to figure out the answer from the answer, there really is no way to answer.

Cool

katestone

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 09:28:13 AM

Nobody can be absolutely right or absolutely wrong. Religion and science are changing through the centuries. As well as our attitude to them.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:31:49 AM

Cool

Cool

Since you can't seem to figure out the answer from the answer, there really is no way to answer.

Cool

I "can't seem to figure out the answer from the answer" because you made no answer. While you avoid the question, it makes everyone reading this understand how manipulative you are. For a change of pace, you could just try being honest.

KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:22:16 AM

Science as a religion is considered by only few exceptions who are mentally not prepared to face anything rather than invention and research.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
benedictonathan

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 07:11:00 AM

I do think that Science is a way of thinking, search for answers using the senses and its tools to gather data, verify iits validity, falsifying it at the same time, and once established it becomes truth.

For me Science is not a religion since Science is simply facts and the search of new ideas that eventually will become fact. Organized religion does not have that quest for facts since it already claims to have established facts according to their books.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███
███████████████████████████████████

INVEST NOW

███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
Tusk (OP)

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:26:41 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 11:38:53 AM by Tusk

Separate the idea that a "creator" has to be in our image or needs to be benevolent, there is no evidence of either of these two properties in the universe. Lets merely make the burden of proof intelligent design.

Maths is the abstract language of intelligent design it is the eternal language of the universe, it has and always will exist because 1+2 = 3 with our without the universe. The universe operates according to fundamental mathematically predictable principals that are provable, therefore there is intelligent design.

The dogma we must get past is the pollution of intelligent design by those who seek to corrupt it with morality or an outside identifiable source, it has neither it is neutral. Yet that intelligent design permeates the universe there can be no doubt or 1 + 2 would not always equal 3.

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:14:32 PM

^

Well it is mathematically possible to show you 1+1=1.

How is that intelligent design? Did god just failed there?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:47:39 PM

^

Well it is mathematically possible to show you 1+1=1.

How is that intelligent design? Did god just failed there?

If you don't have a link, it's politics.

God doesn't need math to hold the universe in place. Math is a virtual language man devised for his own understanding of things. It is man's understanding that is flawed, not God's.

Cool

haseeb ahmed

Activity: 120
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:17:38 AM

Science is not a religion and it is totally different from many religions of world.Science don't believe in the creator of world or GOD.According to science world is not made by any creator like in Big bang theory this planet earth is a part of sun which broken from sun billions of years ago.
magnific61

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:33:05 AM

Science can't be a religion
Almost every scientist belongs to a religion if we don't count atheists. Anyway atheism is also a religion that against to religions
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:50:25 AM

Almost every scientist belongs to a religion if we don't count atheists. Anyway atheism is also a religion that against to religions

Cool to note that more and more scientists now actually try to intertwine concepts of science and religion. This sounds very DaVinci Code, but yea, there are religious who are actually involved with scientific researches and discoveries.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 10:00:34 AM

No, it's not.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: