Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:59:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47401 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:26:33 PM

When you live in a society as complex as the one we live in, you need to trust other people regarding things they say. Why? Because there are too many things that a person can't investigate for himself. This gives an opportunity to people who want to provide false information. Some of these false informers are scientists.

For example. Big Bang Theory is a story about how the universe came about roughly 13 billion years ago from the "explosion" of a single point. Big Bang is trusted by many people as fact, because they think those who formulated the theory knew what they were talking about.

However, BBT doesn't explain many aspects of nature. And, while BBT may be good theory, it can never be proven to be accurate or real, even if it is possible.

Because of this, how is life and society affected by believing something that will never be proven conclusively? The more it is believed in and trusted in by the people, the more it becomes religion-like... because it is not known to be fact, and never will be.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:44:01 PM

The science can't be religion. Religion is when nobody knows the facts but all believe in them without evidence. And science is quite the opposite - everyone knows the facts, it's proved. In science nothing is taken on faith.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:18:02 PM

The science can't be religion. Religion is when nobody knows the facts but all believe in them without evidence. And science is quite the opposite - everyone knows the facts, it's proved. In science nothing is taken on faith.

Science is absolutely NOT religion. But science theory is not known to be fact.

When people believe science theory to be fact, they have turned science into a religion for themselves.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
proprofi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:38:15 PM

Science cant be a religion, but it's a part of my life my own religion)
youdamushi

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:01:56 AM

When people believe science theory to be fact, they have turned science into a religion for themselves.

Cool

Another brillant reasoning from BADecker xD

In next post he'll explain us how if you say something blue is red it becomes red but still remains blue if you believe it.

PARADICE.io

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:33:14 AM

Cool

In next post he'll explain us how if you say something blue is red it becomes red but still remains blue if you believe it.

That's the whole thing with faith and believing. Someone show's you an apple and tells you it's an apple and shows you that it grows from a tree but then the believer, that believes that apples just fall from the sky as a miracle and even if you point it out to him that it comes from a tree and it's not a miracle at all, he refuses to look and still believes that the apples fall from the sky.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 12:46:43 AM

Cool

That's the whole thing with faith and believing. Someone show's you an apple and tells you it's an apple and shows you that it grows from a tree but then the believer, that believes that apples just fall from the sky as a miracle and even if you point it out to him that it comes from a tree and it's not a miracle at all, he refuses to look and still believes that the apples fall from the sky.

But it works another way, as well. When someone tells you that the thing he is showing you is an apple, but he doesn't know that it is an apple, and even admits that he knows that maybe it isn't an apple, but turns around and believes it is an apple without knowing it, what is he? He's a little goofy, perhaps, if he does it only one time.

This is just like scientists who believe that science theory is truth, but they don't know that science theory is truth, and they even tell you that according to the laws of science theorizing that it isn't known to be truth, but they are going to believe it to be truth anyway, don't they have a religion going for themselves? Since they do it over and over?

To be fair to the scientists, often it isn't the scientists that are believing that the theory is truth. Often it is the media and university PR that express that the theory is truth. The people simply follow them and believe the theory is factual, when the media and PR people don't know that it is factual.

Hey. Does anyone want to believe that a bunch of science theory that is not known to be factual, is really fact? That is something that you can do. Just remember. If you do it, you are a little goofy. And maybe you have even turned science into a religion for yourself, if you do it on large scale with many science theories.

Cool

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:21:13 PM

Well here in my place, they say, Science is more on theories, Religion is more on homilies. Science based their belief on theories by using mathematical statements as a proof, Religion based their belief on writings written by the disciples of Jesus Christ.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:53:16 PM

Well here in my place, they say, Science is more on theories, Religion is more on homilies. Science based their belief on theories by using mathematical statements as a proof, Religion based their belief on writings written by the disciples of Jesus Christ.

Homilies can stand forever, because they are conjecture. Theories should be dropped as theories when it is found that they will never be able to be proven - like big bang theory.

The interesting thing about the Bible is, nothing in it has ever been proven false. There are only the things that are proven true, and the things that haven't been proven, yet.

Bible is much stronger than science.

Cool

karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:02:37 AM

While many in main stream science claim to be atheist and believe in the Big Bang and the eventual Deep Freeze due to entropy. Is it not curious to consider that the very underpinnings of this belief is based on mathematics, was it too created in the big bang? if so how was it constructed? one digit at a time?

I think not it has always been there and will always remain its an eternal masterpiece that permeates every conceivable facet or reality yet in its self it is purely abstract. Without it nothing would exist, but it in itself it is nonexistent and existent at the same time. It is the language of the living universe. Its permutations are infinite, yet it did not grow, it has always been complete and eternal.         

The world is wider than you can imagine,Just live your life and enjoy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:14:34 PM

Homilies can stand forever, because they are conjecture. Theories should be dropped as theories when it is found that they will never be able to be proven - like big bang theory.

The interesting thing about the Bible is, nothing in it has ever been proven false. There are only the things that are proven true, and the things that haven't been proven, yet.

Cool

Almost everything in the Bible has been proven false.

- Earth and universe were not created in 6 days
- Earth is not 6000 years old
- Earth is a sphere, not a flat plane supported on pillars
- Space is not filled with waters above the dome
- human death is not a reversible process
- humans were not created from dirt, we are animals that evolved from apes
- women were not created from a rib bone
- human population is not a result of one big incest, genetically impossible on the 6000 year old Bible timeline

Oh, and the most important one: There is no physical evidence of God.  No sane person ever saw or heard God.

None of the things that you have said has been proven by you. Nor do you understand the proofs that others have suggested that they have for any of the things you have said. Because of this, science is a religion for you, even if it is not a religion for many who have relied on the proofs of science, with understanding that science barely shows anything at all, and that God is way beyond and above science.

The machine, nature, is the proof that God exists... proof that even the least intelligent of people can see around them. Isn't it about time that you increased your intelligence to that of the least intelligent?

Cool

stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:17:19 PM

Cool

- human population is not a result of one big incest, genetically impossible on the 6000 year old Bible timeline

Oh, and the most important one: There is no physical evidence of God.  No sane person ever saw or heard God.

None of the things that you have said has been proven by you. Nor do you understand the proofs that others have suggested that they have for any of the things you have said. Because of this, science is a religion for you, even if it is not a religion for many who have relied on the proofs of science, with understanding that science barely shows anything at all, and that God is way beyond and above science.

The machine, nature, is the proof that God exists... proof that even the least intelligent of people can see around them. Isn't it about time that you increased your intelligence to that of the least intelligent?

Cool

The simple reality BADecker is that you are claiming things to be proof of YOUR God.

Therefore, the burden of proof lies with you to prove, not with others to disprove.

Otherwise, I can make ludicrous claims and it would be up to you to prove me wrong.

You link to your own words which are not proof, and you comment on things such as "nature" and "cause and effect" as proof.

Cause and effect is a circular argument and does not prove a god and nature is proven by science.

So, if you are going to claim a god exists..... show some real proof.
stats

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:18:53 PM

Cool

Next time you are sick, don't take any medication or look to a Doctor to help you.

Stay home and pray to your god for your health to improve.

Good luck with that one.

Science is much stronger than a fairytale.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 09:37:26 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2017, 10:09:02 PM by BADecker

Cool

Next time you are sick, don't take any medication or look to a Doctor to help you.

Good luck with that one.

Science absolutely IS much stronger than fairy tales. The reason is that God created science, but man creates fairy tales.

I got you beat on this. I seldom get sick because God is protecting me. After all, why go through the process of getting sick and then praying to God? Silly thinking. Rather, stay in prayer with God all the time, and don't get sick.

Cool

EDIT: I gotta apologize a little. I'm often slow at being the thankful Christian I should be. As they say, laughter can be the best medicine. So, I need to thank you for your posts. The laughter I get from them is actually helping to keep me well.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:40:05 PM

Do you even science?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:42:06 AM

Science is absolutely NOT religion.

Science theory is something that is not known to be factual.
Thinking that a scientific theory might be factual,
doesn't make the person that thinks this way into a religious person.
Believing that a scientific theory is factual,
starts such a believer on the road towards religion.

Anybody who believes science theory to be factual when it is not known to be factual, has joined with a religious group who has a similar belief about the science theory in question.

The more adamant a person is about a scientific theory being fact, the more he makes it into a religion, or religious cult, for himself.

Consider #6 of the Dictionary.com definition of "religion" at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t: "something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice." In like manner, anyone who adamantly claims that a science theory is factual, or that all science theory is factual, has made such science theory into a religion for himself.

If a particular science theory were known to be factual, it wouldn't be a theory. It would be science law.

If a particular science theory were known to NOT be factual, it wouldn't be a theory any longer. It would be dropped as a theory.

People who believe that big bang theory, black hole theory, relativity, evolution, and any of many other science theories are science fact, are going against the mass of scientists who acknowledge that these are not know to be fact. Such believers have a science religion or science cult going for themselves.

Science, however, absolutely is NOT religion.

Cool

stats

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:26:32 AM

Cool

Good luck with that one.

Science absolutely IS much stronger than fairy tales. The reason is that God created science, but man creates fairy tales.

I got you beat on this. I seldom get sick because God is protecting me. After all, why go through the process of getting sick and then praying to God? Silly thinking. Rather, stay in prayer with God all the time, and don't get sick.

Cool

EDIT: I gotta apologize a little. I'm often slow at being the thankful Christian I should be. As they say, laughter can be the best medicine. So, I need to thank you for your posts. The laughter I get from them is actually helping to keep me well.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

God created science?

That is a delusional comment.

Where is your proof of that?
Forester618

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 01:02:18 PM

Medicine is the science which contradicts the existence of God. Religious people believe that everything is in the hands of God, but doctors save a lot more lives than God.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:10:44 PM

Cool

Cool

All of the above have been proven by direct observations.

C'mon, even you, as uneducated as you are, cannot possibly believe that Earth is flat as described in the Bible.

Who am I to contradict that you believe what you said here? You certainly are welcome to believe it, even though you don't know it.

We finally agree on something. The earth is not flat. The thing that we might disagree on is that the Bible says it is flat.

Since you are less educated in some areas than I, thanks for the education compliment.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:14:30 PM

Medicine is the science which contradicts the existence of God. Religious people believe that everything is in the hands of God, but doctors save a lot more lives than God.

Medicine is man's manipulation of a little of God's universe.

Medicine can't make life. God made life.

Medicine can't keep people alive without God having made them alive in the first place.

Medicine is so extremely behind God that it can't even let people live for 200 years. The Bible shows us that many people, several thousand years ago, lived well over 200 years.

Modern medicine is looking in the wrong direction. Modern medicine is rather retarded.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: