Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:04:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is science a religion?  (Read 47397 times)
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:11:20 AM

Yes science is definitely a "religion" in a sense that it can help our understanding of reality and the mystery of life. It is also not a religion because religion mainly relies just on faith and very little proof.

I personally think science can be used to prove the existence of a divine consciousness to me it is like religion 2.0 a better and more evolved understanding of reality not just based on blind faith and belief of others. I also think religion in the traditional sense is completely flawed and is almost a laughable attempt at spirituality.
bitlyre

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:20:22 AM

in some way, science is the same as religion, they create something to believe in and dedicate effort in proving it, they attract many followers though their approach is different than of the religion since they claim that there are logical explanation in their beliefs.
smokeash07

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:50:26 AM

science is not a religion because science is systematized knowledge of explaining facts and nature while religion is belief and faith of a person to the God that they are worshiping and recognizing.
xena2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:02:18 AM

While many in main stream science claim to be atheist and believe in the Big Bang and the eventual Deep Freeze due to entropy. Is it not curious to consider that the very underpinnings of this belief is based on mathematics, was it too created in the big bang? if so how was it constructed? one digit at a time?

I think not it has always been there and will always remain its an eternal masterpiece that permeates every conceivable facet or reality yet in its self it is purely abstract. Without it nothing would exist, but it in itself it is nonexistent and existent at the same time. It is the language of the living universe. Its permutations are infinite, yet it did not grow, it has always been complete and eternal.         

How big is your consciousness and what shape does it have?

No.  Science was based to a scientic study that has evidence and an explanation.  It is npt a religion were people gives faith and swoon as they believe it has the power to do the impossible.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
jhamiaseo28

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:05:50 AM

i dont think so.. i cant really say that they can be called as religion because they dont preach god or whatever they called that. science really seeks for the truth with proof unlike religions thats believes without proof.
maksimpro333

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:40:43 AM

While many in main stream science claim to be atheist and believe in the Big Bang and the eventual Deep Freeze due to entropy. Is it not curious to consider that the very underpinnings of this belief is based on mathematics, was it too created in the big bang? if so how was it constructed? one digit at a time?

I think not it has always been there and will always remain its an eternal masterpiece that permeates every conceivable facet or reality yet in its self it is purely abstract. Without it nothing would exist, but it in itself it is nonexistent and existent at the same time. It is the language of the living universe. Its permutations are infinite, yet it did not grow, it has always been complete and eternal.         
At school, they try to introduce this, but this is not possible in a multinational class. Different religions and different views. And I do not see any special cunning in order to make science out of religion.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:21:07 AM

Absolutely not.. Science is searching for the truth scientific way but on the other hand , religions ban questioning so-called gods rules. On the contrary to this, people can question anything in science even if somethings are proven by experiments. For that reason, science is not a religion.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:43:13 AM

Science is not a religion. Its knowledge and inside of religion there is science and inside of science if you research enough you will find religions.
Its a paradox but you cannot pray to science. Science will show you how to pray.
bert062287

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:15:02 AM

No, based on my on opinion science is not a religion because science pray no God and dont believe in God.

Jolley

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:53:40 AM

It is not a religion, but it does cause people to react unconsciously, just like a religion, or any of the new age beliefs.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:00:32 PM

I believe that it is not a religion, science always say that there is no God but they are the ones who keeps on searching for Gods existence, I think they are the ones who believes more that God do really exists. But to say that science is a religion, then my answer is a no.

jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

I believe that it is not a religion, science always say that there is no God but they are the ones who keeps on searching for Gods existence, I think they are the ones who believes more that God do really exists. But to say that science is a religion, then my answer is a no.
A lot of people do have a very religious like belief in science though. They don't understand where it comes from, don't understand how it works, and don't even understand the results. But as soon as a media headline states that "scientists have found <whatever>" people start taking it for granted, regardless of whether or not the headline was even true to begin with (and a lot of reporters and writers completely fail to grasp the content of a study and then spread misinformation like that).

In that sense, people really do follow science like others follow a religion. That is, in blind faith.
GOODNESS

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:29:07 PM

Science is never a religion,Science have to do with carrying out Investigations, in order to proof a Theory or an hypothesis. Science have to do with a lots of stages, researches,the use of standards and others which the researcher or scientist need to proof in order to convince others of the hypothesis or theory. But Religion is Based on faith, that the believer exhibits on a particular Religion which He or She so much believes in. Religion exhibits  faith, does not need any group who called themselves scientist to try to proof a theory or hypothesis for members to believe in.Sometime Science fail and faith of believer brings about healing to the greatest surprise of the  of the scientist and even Physicians.
usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:45:50 PM

Religion is a combination of logic, social manipulation, storyteller and the need to be someone above. At least for me it is, i have to believe in something, in the next day, in luck, love or God. Religion can be good or bad, depends how open minded people are.
marinomario

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:34:18 PM

I will tell you a few things:

the basic knowledge of religion and science is different
knowledge with science is also different,
knowledge is everything that we know (knowledge) that includes knowledge about religion (from various religions, be it christian, khatolik, budha, hindu, animism, islam etc.)
while science is a human knowledge based on empirical experience and evidenced coherently through scientific methods,, with the same methods and steps, science can be verified by different people with different times and territoriesprovided that the same scientific method and method.

whereas religion or the science of religion, is the human knowledge of the Creator, it is not based on the scientific method, because it involves the spiritual which is not visible to our naked eye, but the inner eye of man, therefore the basis of religion is belief, dogma, or teachingscertain who embrace the faith of each human being.therefore, religion and science can not be united and inviolable.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

I will tell you a few things:

the basic knowledge of religion and science is different
knowledge with science is also different,
knowledge is everything that we know (knowledge) that includes knowledge about religion (from various religions, be it christian, khatolik, budha, hindu, animism, islam etc.)
while science is a human knowledge based on empirical experience and evidenced coherently through scientific methods,, with the same methods and steps, science can be verified by different people with different times and territoriesprovided that the same scientific method and method.

whereas religion or the science of religion, is the human knowledge of the Creator, it is not based on the scientific method, because it involves the spiritual which is not visible to our naked eye, but the inner eye of man, therefore the basis of religion is belief, dogma, or teachingscertain who embrace the faith of each human being.therefore, religion and science can not be united and inviolable.

But scientists are too ignorant to tell even how the universe began. Big bang is only a theory, an idea, and doesn't really cover most of the facts that we seen in the universe right around us on earth.

Yet many scientists believe BB really happened. Others even believe it was the way that the universe came into being. Since they don't know that the earth came into being this way, they have made science into a religion for themselves.

Then the media says that BB is the way that the earth came into being, because the scientists have found strong evidence. So the media spreads a scientific religion when there is no real proof. Average people become believers in this science religion.

A bigger science religion is evolution. Evolution might work well inside its own theory, but 100% of the evidence for evolution is something that can happen completely apart from evolution. Evolution is just a story.

Same with black hole theory. The theory about what a BH is, could easily be entirely incorrect. In fact, some of BH theory contradicts basic scientific geometry, like the part where all the mass and energy of a BH exists at one point. Standard scientific geometry says that a point doesn't have any size whatsoever. So it is nothing, not great mass and energy.

Science is a bigger religion in some ways than any of the formal religions, because in many cases, people believe it when they don't know it is true.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:43:59 PM

To be a religion you have to believe in it and there are a lot of scientist who don't accept an answer like superstition, luck and so on. they believe that everything has an logical explanation and that nothing is random so i think science is, in a strange way in deed, a religion.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:51:45 PM

To be a religion you have to believe in it and there are a lot of scientist who don't accept an answer like superstition, luck and so on. they believe that everything has an logical explanation and that nothing is random so i think science is, in a strange way in deed, a religion.

Regarding many things, science is a religion because scientists try to accept ideas that are outside of what they can prove. But science DOES have many things that they know are true.

Religion is the same. Some of the stories of religion can't be proven. They ahve to be taken on faith. But the existence of religious buildings, rituals, and rites are factual. So, religion has some fact and some unknowns, just like science.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:47:44 PM

In essence yes cause it usually takes much more faith to believe what scientists come up with than to accept that there is a God!!!
finnadventurer

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:47:42 PM

Science and religion is obviously two different things with different purposes. Science is trying to ease people's life in the physical aspect, give an explanation how the physical world works. Religion give the purpose to the life and take care of the spiritual aspect of human being.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: